Start by marking “Torrid Affair” as Want to Read:
Torrid Affair

Torrid Affair

I’m fucked.

The life I have lived for the past ten years is built solely on lies and secrets.

But I can’t help myself.

I’m in love with two different men. And one of them is my brother-in-law.

He’s my drug. My fire. My addiction.

But he’s married to my best friend. And I’m married to my husband.

I’m not ashamed. I have no guilt.

None.

I’m not fucked. I’m a fucked up person.

This is
310 pages
Published October 23rd 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published September 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Torrid Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torrid Affair

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensArsen by Mia AsherCome Undone by Jessica HawkinsThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleThe Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher
Cheaters
439 books — 799 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenHopeless by Colleen HooverMaking Faces by Amy HarmonThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayMe Before You by Jojo Moyes
Emotion Overload
808 books — 1,220 voters

More lists with this book...

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Callie Anderson" exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Torrid Affair
AUTHOR: Callie Anderson
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: Prologue | 3 PARTS | 38 | Epilogue
RELEASE DATE: September 13th, 2016

MY RATING: 4 STARS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

* WARNING * If cheating is a hard limit for any of you don't one click this.

TORRID AFFAIR: This kick starts off in the 'Prologue' and let me tell you from just that glimpse into what's to come it looks like it's going to
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

**Please note that all of my spoilers in this review are BIG spoilers, so proceed with caution...**

Overall Opinion: This was actually a lot better than I thought it'd be. Just by the title alone, I know my safety gals won't like this one! I, however, like to mix it up every once in a while. The ups and downs, and the connection I made to the characters and relationship made it enjoyable for me. I was completely disappointed in the ending though!! I really wanted what I call an "HEA"
Michelle
Shelves: 01-signed
Let’s just get this out there, right up front. This book contains cheating. For some, this a huge hard-limit, and I totally get that. But if you are brave enough to risk your heart and your kindle, I can’t tell you how much a chance this book deserves.

Torrid Affair begins in present day with Brie trying to come to terms with the state of her marriage to Julian that leads her to having to face her past and the man that she never stopped loving, Nathaniel, her brother in law. But before the story
Dilek VT
Let me tell you something first.

I have read books about cheating before and I loved and even fell in love with some of them. (E.g. My Time in the Affair by Stylo Fantome & A Love So tragic by Stevie J. Cole).

I have read books about incest and even swapping couples and loved them hard.
(E.g. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma & Rule Breakers by Roya Carmen).

I am telling you all this because I am not one of those readers who cannot read about cheating or forbidden affairs. I have no such hard
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer's disclaimer: As the title suggests, this book does have cheating in it. If this is a problem for you, don’t read it. No one is forcing you to read it, so don’t be a dick.

Callie Anderson has once again ripped out my heart and crushed it in her amazing author hands. She then rebuilt it and put it back tenderly, making sure all was right with the world again. She has a writing style that will suck you into a book and make the outside world disappear.

I am a huge fan of how Ms. Anderson’s
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
★★★★4 Stars★★★★

photo PicsArt_09-06-07.10.33_zpsbhczfypy.jpg

photo rfJO72E_zps5or7gerf.png

Well this was one exhausting and frustrating as hell ride and aside from drinking, I'm glad I survived that effed up trainwreck! Whether we want to admit or not, we all love books like these. The ones that test your patience, the forbidden love story, or the storylines you know without a shadow of a doubt is so wrong but you refuse to stop reading. I've been there, read that, and while doing so I questioned my morals. But did that stop me from reading? HELLS.NO.

How do you know
Natalie The Biblioholic
The title of this book is pretty self-explanatory. Some people, like myself, find it very hard to get into a story that involves cheating.

Usually I try my best to avoid these types of stories because not only are they painful, but I can never figure out how cheating can result in a HEA. However, this book was about so much more than a torrid affair. As a matter of fact, I found myself rooting for the characters that were involved in said affair.

I know. I even surprised myself.

This story is e
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great read.... review thoughts to come

I won an arc from
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD
on Facebook! <-- THANK YOU!

I'm looking forward to the angst I'm fairly sure this story will give me!
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

This book was right up my alley and it's been sitting right under my nose for a while now. I'll be honest...the blurb didn't really do it for me. I mean, I wanted to read it for the angst and most cheating books are pretty angsty but...I'm pretty particular about the type of cheating. Good thing I had nothing to be worried about!

Nate and Brielle meet in college, go on a date and share a "half" kiss with the promise of a next date. Both can hardly wait but it's with a sad heart that we fi
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Calle has the ability to write a story that makes you want to question your morals in life. If you are against cheating do not read this book. But, if you want to read a story that's addictive, and heart stopping this is the book for you.

This book starts with the main character and what her life is now. It's past to present which sometimes bothers me, but the way Callie created it, she mastered it to complete perfection.

Nate and Brielle are quite the package. They meet in college but everythin
Rejane
It says in the blurb. It has cheating. With brothers. Heroine, it seems, cheats in her husband with her brother in law who is also married to her friend.
A reviewer said if you're brave enough to read this, we'll see beyond the affair. See a love story that because many reasons, couldn't be lived in the past.
For me, IMHO, it's not about "braveness " it's about principles. I don't condone cheating. There's no excuse. Period.
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

{ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.}

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Torrid Affair
Author: Callie Anderson
Category: Drama, Romance
Series or Standalone: Standalone
Plot: 4
Characters: 4
Scorching Level:4
HEA: Not telling

This was so wrong but at the same time so emotional!!! If you are looking for a brutal, heart-breaking story, then look no further.
Brielle is a woman in a miserable marriage. She hates her life and she cannot forget the man who marked her forever.
In order to know her story, we go bac
 Naqelle
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
"The heart wants what the heart wants. I never understood that phrase until now."
.Book : Torrid Affair
.Author: Callie Anderson
.Genre: Adult, Drama

This is my second book from Callie Anderson and of course she brings the same angst and drama,But in this book its times 2. From the first page to the end of this book I was so frustrated with the characters I wanted to pull my hair out. But Callie Anderson brings it home in the end and delivers a great book.

"Love was fucked up. Whoever said it
Nawal
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama, controversial
3.75 stars!

I love reading books which fall a little bit outside the box and portray something which may be not everyone could understand. So yeah, the blurb, the forbidden aspect and the title all drew me in to this book.

If you didn’t already realise this book revolves around the cheating aspect. Straight away I know some people would never think any kind of cheating is ok, which is fine because to each their own opinions. Me however, actually enjoys it when a book contains cheating. It is a
practical_dreamer
Sep 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
The book is just "meh".

My opinion is not about the cheating. Honestly, I didn't care about the cheating aspect, because in college they had a secret relationship when they had already broke up with their significant others; in the present, they had an actual affair, because they both are still married to other people, but from the first page, you already know that both of their spouses did something that made impossible to sympathize with them.

The story was based on nothing but a series of coinc
Wit & Wonder Books
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

My GOSH what a powerful, emotional read that will leave with a major case of a book hangover !

Callie Anderson wrote a magnificent love story that swept me away from the moment I began to read. I must say however there is cheating involved and if that is a trigger please proceed with caution. With that being said, and no I do not condone the act .. the circumstances and way it was written made me realize, see and understand the why.

THAT ladi
Melissa
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hold your heart. You have been warned. This is not your typical love story yet that's what it is. It's rough and wrong. Emotional Rollercoaster of Angst! I loved every word. This is a perfect example of the heart wants what the heart wants. There is cheating so if you can't handle it don't read it!
Michelle
50% and it's a wrap! Ugh! If you want to cuss up a storm go on and read this one! Jeez! I can't take it any more! Both of them annoyed the hell out of me!!!!
Luna Sol
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Magnificent. Could not put this book down. This was my first book by this author and I look forward to reading more from her. This one will be a book hangover for sure. One of my top reads of 2016.
Cleida R
Jean
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - 4.0 Stars

Wow, this book sucked me right in......especially the first 50%, but then UGH!!!  I hated the direction of this storyline after that!  But, even with that being said, I still devoured the book and couldn't put it down.

I had a real problem connecting with the main characters because I DID NOT agree on some of their decisions.  And don't even get me started about the secondary characters (namely, Delaney and Julian)!

I knew that the cheating could be an issue for me......it is one
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
**Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

Oh my god, this book was everything I was expecting it to be and more!

I absolutely LOVED, loved this book and even though there is cheating involved, you have to read it in order to understand why.

I'm not kidding, I thought my heart was going to shatter as I read this beautiful book. I have nothing but praise for it.

I have started falling in love with this author's writing, her books turn me into an emotional mess and now I am hooked and addic
Emily Goodman
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Callie Anderson has written one book that’ll set you on the edge of your seat as your heart fills with angst, forbidden hopes, desires and dreams as her two characters tiptoe that boundary line between friends and lovers.

Anderson doesn’t hold back as she delivers a story centered around a topic that most readers consider “Off Limits” or an “Automatic No”- Cheating. But I am here to tell you that this isn’t a story of two individuals who maliciously come together at the detriment of those around
Alison Phillips
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just finished this book and all I keep thinking is wow. The story was just beyond. I loved everything about this book, were the characters perfect? Nope, but then again are any of us.
I know some won't read this book due to the cheating but honestly I really think you should try and keep an open mind going into this book. Cheating doesn't bother me in books at all but if it does and it's a hard limit you may not enjoy that aspect of the book but again I really would hate for you to miss out
Three Chicks
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Angst Filled Stars!
Review by Lisa Kane

Callie Anderson has put about a million warnings out there that this book has cheating. So if you can't handle that, do yourself a favor and read something else. Having said that, if you're still on this crazy train then dive into the shark infested waters with me!

Brielle is looking at her life and wonders how she got where she is-married to an abusive husband and at the end of her rope. She had such big plans for her life but instead of pursuing art sh
Lenora Wilson
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Such an amazing story. I really don't even know where to start. This story was real on so many levels. It doesn't paint a picture that the world is always this warm fuzzy place. Most the times it's ugly. This story shows that with every decision there is a consequence. The world is not always full of flowers and sunshine.
Ashley Berry
Sep 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: angsty, 2016, arc
Well, that was an interesting ride. I found it addicting and I am no stranger to angst and books with cheating. In fact, they are my favorites. I love to read why people make the decisions that they make that could destroy their lives. This is a 3.5 star for me. Though I enjoyed it very much, somethings just felt off for me-not real. I am an angst lover, but this never felt like true, heart pounding emotions. I figured things out way early on and things just could have happened so differently. I ...more
Faith Andrews
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have a new favorite Callie Anderson book! Wow! I'm still high off all of the angsty emotions, but holy hell . . . Callie has done it again.

Not every book is filled with honky dory situations and people with the most fantastic moral compass. Torrid Affair is the perfect example of this. And before you go and say "oh, but cheating books aren't for me," I assure you that while there is cheating and the characters are at times fully to blame for their not-so-innocent actions, this is still a book
Alissa
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - I've come to expect the unexpected when I read a book by Callie Anderson. Her stories go to places that lots of authors stay away from. Torrid Affair is a story filled with betrayal, lies and deceit, but underneath all the ugly is an all-consuming love story. Brielle and Nate are no doubt soulmates, but they just can't seem to find the opportunity to be together to explore the pull they have towards each other. So they make the opportunities happen, regardless of who gets hurt in the ...more
Born To Read
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED IT!!!!
This book is about how a bad choice, a bad decision can alter the lives of four people.
Brie meets Nate at college. And their connection is out of the charts. They just click.
But Delaney, Brie's dormmate and best friend, has a crush on Nate. They went to the same high school and she has always liked him.
When Brie finds it out, she is really upset. Obviously. And, probably led by revenge and the idea of making Nate jealous, she accepts a date with his brother, Julian.
Two couples and
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 7 Sep 06, 2016 03:46PM

• Pure Abandon (Abandon Collection 1)
  • Girl Code (Accidentally on Purpose, #4)
  • Winter Blues
  • The Ground Rules Undone (The Rule Breakers, #3)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • Fear of Heights (Heightsbound, #2)
  • From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover, #1.5)
  • The Silver Cord (The Silver Cage, #2)
  • Break Even
  • Loving You Always (The Bennetts #2)
  • Sweet Alibi: The Complete Series
  • Missing Pieces
  • Three is a War (Tangled Lies, #3)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Killing Time (Ties That Bind Trilogy, #1)
  • The Second Son (Kings of Cardenas #2)
  • Love Square (Love Square, #1)
  • Bereft (Seven Year Itch, #2)
Callie Anderson is a wife, mother and writer, who embraces the truth, then weaves it into a magical tale of romance and heartache.