Start by marking “Loving Amber (Riverstone Estate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Loving Amber (Riverstone Estate, #1)

Loving Amber (Riverstone Estate #1)

Torn by tragedy. Reunited by love.

Two years ago, I lost my husband and my brother to the same tragedy. To this day, I hold only one person responsible—Aiden Rogers, the beautiful boy I’ve known forever, the misfit I’ve both loved and hated, the one who always got to me. As far as I’m concerned, he’s the only one to blame.

Now he wants to be part of my life again—when I can
Published September 26th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Loving Amber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Amber

*****3.75 STARS*****
{ARC Provided by Author}

She’s still Paul’s girl—even if he’s been gone for over two years now. She’s still his. Making a move on her would be a betrayal to him.
But God, every single time I look at her, I want to touch her.

photo loving amber_zpsrqkk0mzo.jpg

Loving Amber is a friends-to-lovers story that begins with a devastating loss. Amber Riverstone and Aiden Rogers have been friends since their early childhood days. Aiden was actually best friends with Amber’s older brother Flynn, twin brother Ken, and her
 ⚛ KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicTITLE: Loving Amber
SERIES; (Riverstone Estate, #1)
AUTHOR: Roya Carmen
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: Prologue | 35 | Epilogue
RELEASE DATE: 21st, September 2016

MY RATING: 4 STARS
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
LOVING AMBER: is the first in the new Riverstone Estate trilogy by Roya Carmen which kick starts us off in the 'Prologue' this starts off in diary format, 1995, in Amber's own words, the year she was inducted into the boys clan ( Paul, Aiden, older brother Flynn and her twin brother Ken) all it took was a promis
Dee Montoya
Sep 23, 2016 Dee Montoya rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Sweet Stars****

(ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

A very sweet and heartwarming friends to lovers story, brought to us by the pen of the talented Roya Carmen. I love it when an author tries something completely different, and RC pleasantly surprised me with this new book.
Relatable characters, a gorgeous settings, and a sweet romantic story.

photo 4D327660-2A3A-43FD-A2EE-B740C902A3CC_zpscbkwmzhc.jpg

Amber lost her husband and twin brother two years ago in a terrible car accident. She blames Aiden, her childhood nemesis f
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

This was a low drama story, very character driven, and a promising start to a new series that centres around the Riverstone Estate, set in the countryside.

Amber is grieving from the loss of both her husband and her twin brother, and two years after the accident that killed them, she is still refusing to forgive her childhood friend for being the only survivor that fatal night.

Aiden was always teasing Amber as kids, bordering on mean, he always treated her like she was a pest, but
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

photo 91C75F20-7301-4A2E-B078-540B38B0F24C_zps7ocvnzvm.jpg

Loving Amber, from its book blurb alone, promises the reader an angsty emotional roller coaster ride. Amber lost both her brother and her husband on one fateful night. There's one man standing and her once childhood friend is now the man she most resents. How can she not? Except there's one thing- her heart didn't get the memo. Filled with pain and resentment, Amber struggles with Aiden. When her family estate hires him to renovate their master suite, dear Uncle Aiden as she son calls him, prov
Chanelle
Sep 15, 2016 Chanelle rated it really liked it
Two years after losing her brother and husband at the same time, Amber is trying her best to move forward with her six year old son, Trevor. Taking on the running of her family's business with her other siblings helps by keeping her plenty busy. Unfortunately, it also means being around Aiden. Long time family friend and the man who she resents most for what happened to her twin brother and husband. Yet all Aiden has ever wanted and still wants, is Amber.

“Yes, I’ve lost so much, but I also sti
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Super excited for my first book by this author <333

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Loving Amber (Riverstone Estate #1) by Roya Carmen
3 stars!!!

“You’re not Paul. You’re not fucking Paul.”

Loving Amber is a friends to lover’s romance with a fair bit of angst in true Roya Carmen fashion. The prologue begins as a recount of Amber’s diary entry as she is first inducted into “The Misfits,” her brothers little gang of blood brothers and Amber is allowed in due to her penchant for baking. Amber was one of the boys though, she was a tomboy through and through and throughout this boo
Kristin DeVille
As always, Roya Carmen brings it. Love her writing style, love her story telling. Love the characters! I want an Aiden all to myself!
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I hated this book so much. Amber is a horrible person, with a capital H. She's just horrible. She's selfish and immature and she treats the Hero as if he's disposible.

I lost count just how many times she would come to the Hero, say mean things to him, spouts all bullshit about him not being good for her and her son, only to come running back to him the moment she feels like it. It makes me so mad.

She acts as if the Hero is so bad for her, but the moment he's around, she's a literal bitch in hea
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest review***

Loving Amber is a second chance romance that took me by surprise. When you read the blurb you think you have an idea of how the story will go, but Roya Carmen will definitely keep you on your reading toes!!

I can't wait for more of this series (each book is a standalone) and even before seeing who would be the couple, I already had an idea and I'm definitley intrigued!

Roya will leave you wanting more for sure!!

Review to come.
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
3.5 "Carrot Top" Stars!

"I didn't want to kiss you goodbye - that was the trouble - I wanted to kiss you good night - and there's a lot of difference." ~Ernest Hemingway

Roya Carmen delivered us a beautiful and romantic friends to lovers story. And when you say Roya Carmen you definitely know what you're up to because her works screams "ANGSTY ROLLER COASTER EMOTIONAL RIDE" and with Loving Amber, it is clearly evident in her blurb alone and with that Cover, man it's too much.

When I started readi
Three Chicks
Sep 23, 2016 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Five kids growing up together-Amber and her brothers Finn and Ken. And their best friends Aiden and Paul. Amber and Aiden are like oil and water. He teases her to no end and she can’t stand his bullying. She likes Paul, he’s sweet and caring. Fast forward a decade later-and two of this band they called The Misfits are missing. Amber’s lost her brother Ken and her husband, Paul.

I think about Paul and Ken. I miss them so much.
I shake my head. I'm doing it again, thinking about
Tina Manuel
Sep 28, 2016 Tina Manuel rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
DNF @ 60%

Hugely dispointing, boring read. Probably an unpopular opinion but didn't like what I read at all.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Do you know that feeling you get when you pick up a book and from page 1 it grabs you and doesn’t let go? Yeah, that just happened to me. I started reading this book at 10am and while doing laundry and stuff, I could not put it down. My Kindle went everywhere with me because I just had to keep reading and by 4 pm I was done. I didn’t know if I wanted to be happy or sad… Happy because this book gave me all the feels but sad because it was over. I fell in love with these characters.
I’ve read Roya
Romance Readers Retreat
Sep 26, 2016 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

After her Amazing Ground Rules Trilogy, I was anxious to read the start of this newest trilogy by Roya Carmen. Loving Amber takes us on an emotional journey that switches back and forth between the past and the present. This story perfectly illustrates how messy and complicated love can be, something Carmen has a talent for writing about.

Amber is a single mother trying to come to terms with the death of her twin brother and husband in a tragic accident. Needing someone to blame, she bl
Rosemary
Sep 24, 2016 Rosemary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Read/Reviewed for Romance Readers Retreat Book Blog
Cyndi
Sep 29, 2016 Cyndi rated it really liked it
The first book in a new series by Roya Carman, and the first of Roya Carmen's that I’ve read. Loving Amber is a “love story” about “second chances” (when there really wasn’t a first) and “friends turned to lovers” story. Why the quotes? Those are air quotes and you know what that means... While I ended up liking the story, I did struggle with this book a bit and honestly I’m really surprised. This is one pf those cases where the main character seemed to make me a bit crazy. It's also a time wher ...more
April Symes
Loving Amber is the first book in a new trilogy by Roya Carmen. It is an emotional read which starts the book off with a prologue in 1995 in a sort of diary format. We get to know who the players are ( Amber-the heroine Paul, Aiden, older brother Flynn and her twin brother Ken). It explains a bit of the back story and her dislike of Aiden from that date. Then chapter 1 jumps to current time-2015. We get a Dual POV (Aiden and Amber) and a lot has changed. Death, heartbreak, pain, loss and misunde ...more
Aoibheann { ⊱Aoibh Reads⊰ }
Rating: ★★★☆☆
Genre: New-Adult, Romance
Recommend: Yes
Book 1; The Riverstone Series

NO SPOILERS

Review originally posted on Aoibh Reads

Amber always loved Paul from a young age while Aiden always bullied her. But Amber put up with Aiden hating if it allowed her be a part of their group.
But as adults, Amber loses Paul and her brother in the same night, and Aiden survives. As a result, she can't help but put all the blame on Aiden and vows to keep him out of her life.
As time passes and they are cons
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 26, 2016 Wendy Livingstone rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review.
This is the first book in the Riverstone Estate Trilogy. This is the story of Amber who tragically lost her husband and twin brother in an accident, and poor Aiden, whom she blames for this tragic event.
This is a beautifully written sweet romance about becoming friends to lovers. This story is full of angst, emotion, and a rollercoaster journey. Roya has done an amazing job in this storyline, as it flows seamlessly. Cannot wait to read the next book in thi
Shelley
Sep 27, 2016 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Loving Amber is the story of one woman’s attempt to move forward after the tragic loss of her husband and brother. It’s a heartfelt story of grief, family, forgiveness, and giving yourself permission to find happiness and love again.

Everyone handles their grief differently. There is no right or wrong way in dealing with it; it’s an individual reaction to the pain, suffering, and loss that is felt in every fiber of one’s being. In Amber’s case, her grief has led her to blame the one man who survi
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars

Friends to lovers and second chances have never felt so angsty. I knew from the start that this relationship was going to be bumpy. Amber and Aiden have known each other their whole life. He was her childhood nemesis. She went on to marry their other friend Paul and was happy until one fateful night and one drunk driving accident takes her husband and her twin brother away from her. The only one to survive that tragedy and the only one she is left to blame is Aiden. Two years later he
Callixta
Oct 03, 2016 Callixta rated it liked it
Voilà à nouveau Roya Carmen, mais dans un genre bien moins surprenant que sa première trilogie même si quelques thèmes qu’elle semble affectionner sont bien là. Cette auteure avait signé il y a quelques temps, une trilogie très inhabituelle ou deux couples tentaient une expérience assez dangereuse pour eux, un échange de partenaire, juste pour le sexe. Si le premier livre avait été assez extraordinaire, la suite avait moins convaincante. Ici, nous sommes plutôt dans une très jolie romance presqu ...more
Angie
Sep 15, 2016 Angie rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of A Book Lover's Emporium

Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

LOVING AMBER was one of those books where I was drawn in by the blurb.

Amber and Aiden grew up with one another. She was the only girl in the group of boys that were best friends with her brothers. It was only natural that Amber would eventually marry one of the boys. And when tragedy strikes, Amber pushes away the one boy from the group who was always drawn to her.

As LOVING AMBER opened, I could understand Amber's bitterness. She'd lost he
Zili
3.5 Charming Stars in my Sky!

Loving Amber is a story of friendship, tragedy, betrayal, love and moving on. As you can probably tell from the synopsis, Amber has a complicated history with Aiden. Ranging from childhood enemy to sometimes friend, she now sees him as a reminder of everything she lost, and holds him responsible for the deaths of her husband and brother.

Amber has experienced a lot of loss and grief over recent years, but although she faces a constant battle to move on, I never reall
Izney Bae
Sep 27, 2016 Izney Bae rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-normal-hero
*ARC PROVIDED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*

Talk about a guy's true love and a chance at having it forever! There was definitely a lot of angry from me towards the heroin of this book and too much swooning for the hero. The heroine lead the hero around too much that I felt like chocking her. It isn't always that I read books like this which actually riles me up and makes me want to flip to the next two pages because I want to know what happens next asap. But every single page something entertaining happe
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
A Captivating and Emotional Story!

How do you ever move on from a terrible tragedy? I felt overwhelming sadness for Amber and Aiden! Both of their lives are shredded! Grief and Anger had caused a rift between them! I felt that they should have been each other's rock!! But,I guess sometimes you need to grieve alone.

Aiden blamed himself for what had happened. It wasn't his fault! I felt that bad decisions were made,but not by Aiden! They ALL made poor choices!! As a result two life long friends w
Cassie
Sep 21, 2016 Cassie rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Busy mom, romance writer, comic-addict, artist & designer, book-aholic, nature lover, and hopeless romantic.

When I’m not writing, I can usually be found hanging with my family, reading, camping and travelling, painting, yoga-ing (very ungracefully), or at my favourite bookstore café with my book friends.

For all the latest updates, sign-up for my newsletter at www.royacarmen.com or friend me o
More about Roya Carmen...