Start by marking “Snotgirl, Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't Care” as Want to Read:

Snotgirl, Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't Care

(Snotgirl #1-5)

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  11,940 ratings  ·  1,587 reviews
Who is Lottie Person?
Is she a gorgeous, fun-loving social media star with a perfect life or a gross, allergy-ridden mess? Enter a world of snot, blood, and tears in this first collection from New York Times Best Seller Bryan Lee O'Malley (Scott Pilgrim, Seconds) and dazzling newcomer Leslie Hung!

Collecting: Snotgirl 1-5
Published February 28th 2017 by Image Comics (first published February 22nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Snotgirl, Vol. 1, please sign up.
Sofia Yeah, I think it's ok. Easy read. Nothing to write home about.…moreYeah, I think it's ok. Easy read. Nothing to write home about.(less)
Emily Mozzone I would say for teens. There's a small amount of violence and there's swearing that's censored. I'd say anyone 13+ could understand the mature themes …moreI would say for teens. There's a small amount of violence and there's swearing that's censored. I'd say anyone 13+ could understand the mature themes and handle censored swear words.(less)

·  11,940 ratings  ·  1,587 reviews

Start your review of Snotgirl, Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't Care
Kat
Dec 04, 2020 added it
didn’t really find this enjoyable, but i read it for one of my final projects and it gave me the info i needed soooo it’s all good
Whitney Atkinson
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm shocked this doesn't have a higher rating because this graphic novel might have my favorite art style ever! Everything was so gorgeous and almost hyperbolically drawn to reflect the LA blogger fake perfection image. Lottie was purposefully unlikable, as are her friends, so it was entertaining to see what she got herself into by being ignorant and spoiled. The plot isn't very clear in this book because there's a murder mystery element and stalking element that is very underexplained to the po ...more
Melanie

This is a five issue bind up that stars an almost twenty-six-year-old blogger, who feels like her online life is way more exciting than her offline life. I mean, #relatable. Online she is a big fashion blogger, who just recently celebrated her eight-year blog anniversary! She has a very large social media presence, but it takes a lot of work, and a lot of pretending to be something she’s not.

Offline, Lottie suffers from very bad allergies. She meets a girl who soon dubs her “snotgirl” but it’s
Donovan
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nope

That was not fun. You know those movies about really douchey vapid teenagers? I could be wrong, but I think O'Malley is trying to satirize those and to no avail, because it isn't funny, it's just douchey and vapid. Los Angeles. Text speak. Fashion blogging. Cliques. This comic is going to be terribly dated in about five years. And seriously, if allergies are the worst thing Snotgirl has to worry about, that's about the least interesting character ever. Talk about first world problems. Although t
Sam Quixote
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Lottie Person is a twentysomething LA fashion blogger who looks beautiful and perfectly put-together on the surface but in secret her allergies turn her into a snotty mess. When she meets a new friend, something terrible happens on their night out sending Lottie into a mental and emotional spiral!

I really love Bryan Lee O’Malley’s comics so it’s disappointing that his first Image book is pants. Boy howdy does this series need a story! Barely anything happens in this first volume. There’s the sc
Peter Derk
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
If you're looking for a comic to makes you feel like a one-thousand year old man who doesn't give a hot damn about chat apps and blogs and whatnot, pick up this book immediately. ...more
monica kim
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
lol I feel personally attacked by this, but also I loved it.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Finally got around to finishing this after putting it down for like 4 months! I had a really rough start with this one and I didn’t like it at all, hence why I originally put it down. I just picked it back up today and ended up LOVING it in the end. I’m pleasantly surprised and will definitely be continuing in the future!
Cindy
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm confused about the point of this book. Although the art is great, there doesn't seem to be much point to the story, and the characters are all vapid. I read that the plot makes more sense and pieces itself together in future volumes, but the story should have been of good quality enough to set itself up in the first volume here, and instead I felt like I just read prettily drawn nonsense. ...more
Chad
Feb 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
The main character is a vapid fashion blogger who hates her friends. And there's a lot to hate there. Everyone in this book is completely unlikable. There's very little plot here. Just Snotgirl going to parties and buying coffee. Leslie Hung's art was the only bright spot.

Received an advance copy from Image and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
Book Roast
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Loved the art!
Very interesting and grim take on social influencer with a super low self esteem, but a public image of 'perfection'.
Jenbebookish
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2017
I liked the artwork, and I liked the concept. The whole she's-supercute-and-looks-like-she-has-it-all-together-but-is-actually-insecure-and-has-problems-just-like-the-rest-of-us. I dug it. It was very ala-real-life. We all take selfies and pick out the best looking one right? We all have bodily functions and secretions we pretend don't exist. We all stalk our exes and our ex's new girlfriends, and her friends, and her family and her exes right?! Lol (or wait, is that just me?)

So I was diggen it
ashley
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn't love this as much as I wanted to, however, I think the series holds potential. I'll definitely be reading on. ...more
Gabrielle
Got this on a whim while browsing at the comic book store: probably out of weird-haired-girl sentimentality...

I like the idea of looking behind online persona: everyone only ever posts the best versions of themselves, but we all know that's a happy shiny lie, and that most perfect people online are the ones who are the biggest insecure wrecks offline.

Lottie is a fashion blogger and Internet celebrity, which is basically a compound of things that make me eyeroll. She excessively labels everyone t
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This has a very solid vibe and I dig it!

I've heard that a lot of people weren't fond of this book because the main character wasn't likable. I really think that's the point, guys.

There's a pretty basic message here about bloggers presenting a perfect image to the world but that's not who they are in real life. I get it. The added layers here are interesting.

Lottie is not a likable person. She's selfish, cold hearted, attention seeking and spoiled. She gives her friends nicknames, one of which w
Julia Sapphire
3.25-3.5 ish stars

GORGEOUS art! The story was interesting, it's odd and at times I was kind of confused. I am going to be picking up the next volume though because I'm curious as to what is going to happen! This was super dramatic at times though omg. but it kept me engaged and I must know what happens
merina rey
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m surprised. I did not intend to give it 5⭐️, but the art is so beautiful and I find the color palette of it all so gorgeous. The story itself has a few issues, but I’m hoping those will be resolved in the near future. If not, the rating may drop.
I loved Lottie as a character and I enjoyed how it showed a more realistic side to the whole internet-famous thing.
The plot intrigued me enough to immediately order the second volume as soon as I finished this one.
I would recommend it for the art a
Mindi
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
So my newfound love of graphic novels may have led me a bit astray here. I'm definitely not the target audience for this one, but I went into it knowing very little, since I've had such good luck in the past, and to be honest I'm surprised it took me this long to find one that I didn't connect with.

Lottie Person is a 20-something fashion blogger living in LA. She has glamorous and intolerable friends, an ex-boyfriend who pops up practically everywhere she goes with his new girlfriend who accordi
Anna
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels

I really don't understand all the negative reviews on this graphic novel or about how it's such a confusing read. It wasn't confusing to me at all. Yes there were times where they threw soft curveballs but if my hunches are correct, I understand why they threw those curveballs and where they are trying to take the plot going forward. I found this graphic novel incredibly refreshing. I LOVE the art. Seriously, it's probably the best part about this book. Leslie Hung is extremely talented
Ashley Daviau
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I picked this up on a whim because the title made me laugh and I’m so glad I did because I loved this so much. It’s absolutely hilarious and I love how it kind of pokes fun at the whole blogging world. But it’s done in a way that’s not nasty but insightful and eye opening. Because it’s true in a way, everybody who posts on any online platform is only showing the best version of themselves and hiding the real nasty snotty bits behind the curtains.
Emma
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This comic is quite well done.
I love how Lottie is portrayed, as a very self-centered and spoiled person. I think it sometimes can happen when you reach a certain level of fame, especially when you are your own brand.
I wish I could have learnt more about the mystery/stalking surrounding Caroline, there wasn't a lot of information in this volume.
The illustrations are nice and I did appreciate all the different outfits very much.
I can't wait to continue this series.
Jeannette Nikolova
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog.

To say that I didn't love this volume would be a lie. I don't even think I've experienced such anticipation and excitement to get my hands on a comic book volume. And Snotgirl managed to deliver.

It's safe to say now that I am a huge Bryan Lee O'Malley fangirl. His humor and satire are so on point, both here and in Scott Pilgrim. He manages to catch the gist of an entire generation and twist it up in such a way that you find it both funny and endearing
Venus Maneater
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really love it! O'Malley managed to capture the feeling of slowly losing your sanity and grip upon reality SO well, that I'm kinda worried about his mental health. :')!

The first issue feels like a soft satire of Instagram Culture, but after the introduction of Coolgirl the vibe slowly starts to slide from Mean Girls to a Valley Girl-esque Fight Club or Mulholland Drive-ish feel. All very mellow, minimal blood and violence. But Lottie is slowly drifting apart and I think she'll truly snap in V
Cat (cat-thecatlady)
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
notes from re-read: loved it a lot more now that I know what to expect! can’t wait for more

this was strange, but I liked it. it's a bit all over the place, and it tries to do a lot of things all at the same time but it's still interesting to read. o'malley's unlikable characters and hung's art made it for me.

full review here: https://catshelf.wordpress.com/2017/0...
Erica ♋️✨📖
Eh wasn’t really a huge fan of this i won’t be continuing on with the volumes
Becky
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This ended up being a really fun read - I enjoyed it much more than I initially thought I would! At the start it had gossip girl vibes and Lottie reminded me in parts of Blair Waldorf.
However I began liking her character much more towards the end - I could see ways in which she didn’t think she was perfect, she developed well throughout when she encountered certain loses throughout.

This story is about a fashion blogger who looks beautiful and perfect, but she’s hiding a bad allergy problem...yo
Bee
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Green hair and long black hair are my two favourite aesthetics so I ship Lottie and Caroline so much!

I definitely like the art and colouring style more than the plot itself, and that alone is enough too convince me I need the next volume now!
Robin Bonne
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
3 Stars. The artwork is absolutely gorgeous. All the pages have color schemes centered around the long, green hair; the green hair is the real star of this graphic novel. This would have been five stars for the artwork which was very well done.
The plot did not live up to the artwork. Snottie is so shallow and narcissistic that she is hard to sympathize with and all the drama that happens to her seems deserved. The plot is similar to the movie All About Eve, only Bette Davis is 1000x more sympat
Alison
Apr 06, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS.
The artwork in this is beautiful and I was in love with the main character's design.
This is about a big-time fashion blogger who is unhappy with her life & mostly her friends. She has severe allergies (hence, Snotgirl) and tries to hide them from the world. She meets a new friend and is mesmerized by how cool she seems. They go out and Snotgirl witnesses her new friend's death. Or so she thought.....
I think the premise of this is pretty cool and it is mysterious, I can't even begin to
Lauren
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels

I’m really surprised by the number of 2 star ratings Snotgirl has received because I loved it!!

Going in to Snotgirl I was a bit hesitant since the author is a bit hit-or-miss with me - I thoroughly enjoyed the Scott Pilgrim series but was left cold by Lost at Sea. Snotgirl however was a lovely surprise. It was funny, sarcastic, beautifully bold and captured the fashion blogger, Lottie Person, perfectly. I think a few readers expected to love her but found her to be quite annoying/vain/
Nutralyfe Regain : Increase your Hair Growth 1 5 Jun 28, 2018 11:16PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #26 Snotgirl v1 by Bryan Lee O'Malley 1 5 Jun 20, 2017 07:32PM

• Snotgirl #11
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 1
  • Blackbird, Vol. 1
  • Motor Crush, Vol. 1
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 2
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Snotgirl #12
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 3
  • Moonstruck, Vol. 1: Magic to Brew (Moonstruck #1)
  • Heavy Vinyl, Vol. 1: Riot on the Radio
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 4
  • Eat, and Love Yourself
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
  • Ghosted in L.A., Vol. 1
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 5
  • Something is Killing the Children, Vol. 1
  • Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1)
  • The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)
Bryan Lee O'Malley is a Canadian cartoonist. His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003), and he is best-known for the six-volume Scott Pilgrim series (2004 to 2010). All of his Scott Pilgrim graphic novels were published by Portland, Oregon-based Oni Press. In July 2014 his graphic novel Seconds was released by Ballantine Books. He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and forme ...more

Snotgirl (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Snotgirl #1
  • Snotgirl #2
  • Snotgirl #3
  • Snotgirl #4
  • Snotgirl #5 Same Ol' Mistakes (Snotgirl, #5)
  • Snotgirl #6 Since You've Been Gone (Snotgirl, #6)
  • Snotgirl #7 New Face (Snotgirl, #7)
  • Snotgirl #8