Start by marking “Moondance” as Want to Read:
Moondance

Moondance

IVF could create a baby but could it also destroy a marriage?

Cat has always been in control of her life. Happily married to Dom, but flying high as a political lobbyist, she dismisses his desire to start a family ... until she herself is ready.

But what if it is then too late?

Complex and selfish, intelligent and open, if she is to succeed in having that elusive child, Cat m
Published October 31st 2016 by Blackbird Digital Books

To ask other readers questions about Moondance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moondance

Bookread2day
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story very emotional. Cat is having to go through IVF. The author Diane Chandler wrote this fiction novel due to her own personal experience of the emotional and physical impact of IVF. I highly recommend reading this book .
Kathleen
This was an enlightening, interesting, and enjoyable story of Catriona Wyatt (Black) and her husband, Dominic Wyatt and their
relationship before, during and after undergoing IVF.

The story is told from Cat's point of view and describes the first time she and Dom met and their history together, dating, developing and establishing distinguished careers, marriage and the decision to have a baby.

Thankfully my family genes are fertile and nature blessed us with children. Dom and Cat were not so fort
S.E. Lynes
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy of Moondance by Diane Chandler, (pub. Blackbird Digital Publishing) in exchange for an honest review.

The process of IVF is so all consuming for the people involved, so private and so specific, how does anyone successfully address the experience in the wider platform of a novel? Diane Chandler has the answers in Moondance, a complex, brave and moving story of one couple’s desire to have a baby. Chandler gives us Cat, an arrogant, sexy career woman, as forceful and ent
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Moondance is an emotional roller coaster of a read following Cat and Dom on their journey of getting pregnant and starting a family.

For Cat and Dom their careers have been very important to them and children is something they decided to leave until later on in their lives. To be honest in a world where women are more career driven than ever, I don’t think it’s unusual for women in their thirties and forties to be trying for their first child like Cat.

Unfortunately for Cat and Dom, falling pregna
Abbie
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2016
Moondance is the moving story of one couples journey through IVF and the impact it has on them individually and as a couple.

Cat and Dom are a successful couple who appear to have it all. Beneath the surface, however, there is the heartbreak of being unable to conceive and Cat’s difficult childhood. Moondance is told in first person narrative by Cat and switches between the past and present focussing on their lives now and when they first met. Diane has perfectly immersed the reader fully into th
Lauren Watkins'x
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book via The Book Club (TBConFB).

This book is definitely an emotional one.

Moondance centres around IVF and couple Dom and Cat's failed attempts. After 4 failed attempts Dom and Cat decide to try one last time.

After reading a certain part of this book is was left emotional after having been through the same but completely different circumstances.

Throughout this book, I asked myself several questions.

1. Can someone become obsessed with want
Joanne Robertson
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I saw Moondance being talked about by other bloggers, I just knew that it was one I just had to read. From a personal point of view, I can understand totally the thoughts and obsessions that go around your head if you are struggling to conceive. I will never forget those years where getting pregnant was the most important goal in my life. Which is why I got where Cat was coming from totally-and then felt ashamed of myself for not having the sympathy that I had expected for her!

This is the
Joy Corkery
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted here: https://joyfulantidotes.com/2016/12/0...

ve read many genres of book in my time and have experienced many different lives, but never has the type of emotion that I felt while reading Moondance ever been drummed up in me.

Happy married and high-flying political lobbyist Cat decides that, at 38, it is finally time to have a baby. To have the baby both her and husband Dom desire, Cat must first endure grueling fertility treatment. To quote the blurb: “Bittersweet, at ti
Louise Sowter
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having gone through the trials of desperately wanting a child at first i found this hard to read . It is however so beautifully written i became so empathetic with the characters i was living their personal trauma and forgetting my own. A book would definitely recommend and will avidly pursue other books by this author
nat
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review was first posted on ikenatbookworm.tumblr.com

Blogger’s note: I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This review might contain spoilers; if you’re the type of person who hates spoilers, please proceed with caution.

After successfully getting approved for ARCs (advanced reader copies) from NetGalley, I perused the ebooks’ synopsis on Goodreads and I decided to start on this book. I finished it within twenty-four hours and I promised myself I’d wor
Simon
I don't have a problem with unlikable characters in books as long as they're interesting. Unfortunately the protagonists of Moondance are both objectionable and dull, to the extent that I was not only indifferent to their plight but was in fact actively willing them to fail in their quest to get pregnant.
Self-centered, arrogant and entitled, they look down with contempt on anyone outside their little Yuppie bubble and react with childish outrage when things don't go their way.
Which would be int
Abigail (Abbie) Osborne
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Please go to http://www.manybooksmanylives.co.uk/m... to enter the competition to win a digital copy of this book.

I am delighted to be part of the blog tour for this excellent novel. Moondance is the story of one couple's journey through IVF. Far from being a tale of misery, Diane Chandler has woven a tale full of emotion, humor, and gritty realism. Everyone knows what IVF is, but I imagine that very few people will actually experience what it is like to live through.

To begin with, Cat isn't a v
Clair
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Moondance is mainly set in London and surrounds the lives of Cat and Dom, a highly successful couple who are career driven and seeing fabulous results. They are the ultimate power-couple; gorgeous, successful and have everything they have wanted….until the ability to conceive eludes them.

Cat and Dom end up going down the route of IVF which challenges them in ways they never realised was possible and demonstrates how emotionally draining going through the process can be. Right from the start it s
Cynthia Austin
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was first contacted by Blackbird Digital Designs for an honest review, I knew I was in for a treat. This publisher only produces top grade, suspenseful novels which always hold my interest. Chandler’s Moondance was no different.

I was quickly propelled into the perfect life of long time married couple, Dom and Cat. These two had everything; important careers, a neat circle of friends and a beautiful home. They’ve read books I’ve never heard of, and travelled to places I could only dream.
Dee-Cee  It's all about the books
Moondance covers a very difficult subject, IVF, and not one you come across very often in books, so I was intrigued to see how I would get on with this book. It’s not my usual type but the synopsis really drew me in.

We follow Cat and Dom’s journey through the process of IVF, both are very successful in their jobs , but it’s now time to start a family. Sadly it’s not quite as simple as that and for Cat who is in control of very much everything this is one thing that can’t be controlled.

Cat and Do
Lindsay Horsburgh
Shelves: 2016
I was given the opportunity to review this book as a member of The Book Club (TBC). Primarily set in London the story focuses on Cat and Dom, a successful, high-flying couple in their late 30's. Cat and Dom are desperate for a child and the main focus of the book is their repeated struggle and attempts to conceive through IVF.
Diane Chandler perfectly sets the scene by describing how they first met and it's clear from the very beginning that Cat is a woman who is used to getting what she wants a
Bruce Ashkenas
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book. I liked everything about it from the subject to the characterization to the plot. Even the cover design was outstanding. This is a novel about IVF (in vitro fertilization) and one couple's struggle to have a baby. The fact that I have experience with IVF in my own life probably gave me an affinity for MOONDANCE but Chandler's use of language sealed the deal. From the first chapter: 'I don't know why I was cruel to my cat. It's an isolated episode, well, pretty much, in the gra ...more
Karen Farrow
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book to a certain extent. The subject matter was fabulous and gave a real insight into IVF and fertility problems. The story told of the relationship between the husband and wife but also the far reaching effects on family and friends which added a completely disproportionate credential angle to the subject. I think if I had liked the main characters I would have loved this book however they both irritated me most of the way through and at times I did judge them because they were ...more
Gail Atkins
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from TBConFB for an honest review.
Diane Chandler tackles a difficult subject in a magnificent way..whilst we know the crux of the story is IVF and infertility, there is still a great story to read.
We read how the couple meet, how their careers are more important than a family until they suddenly realise that the biological clock is ticking away fast.
Through the skillfully written style, we begin to see how the couple are feeling on individual level. I believe this is an excell
Sharon
An excellent book about career woman Cat's struggles with IVF & how she comes to realise that having a baby is the one thing she can't control! I was willing Cat & Dom on with every IVF attempt & at their first attempt when the nurse came into the room, it made me laugh! I liked Daisy & her close relationship with Cat. This book really showed how intimate, difficult & upsetting IVF can be. A book that tugs on your heartstrings. One of my favourite books this year. Everytime I ...more
Karen Carter
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a difficult book to review as having experienced many of the central events within the book it is impossible to view with much detachment.
However, it does chart the emotional roller coaster that the quest for a child via IVF inevitably entails and it doesn't shy away from the impact that can have on the relationships with all those around you.
I didn't always warm to the central characters but I did empathise with them and cannot deny the raw emotion of the highs and lows that they exper
Lorraine
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A first for me, reading a Diane Chandler book but I adored her writing style, so will certainly be on the look out for more. This book has you on edge with the ups and downs of Cat and Dom's fertility process and keeps you hooked the whole way through, definitely recommended from me.
Brooke Powley
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Outstanding story about a couple with trouble conceiving. A real eye opener, couldn't put this down.
Sophie
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Moondance is very absorbing as it powerfully explores the emotions of a couple through their infertility. Desperate to conceive, now the time is right, Cat and Dom are putting themselves through the gruelling and upsetting process of IVF, and I really felt it for them and what they were going through. As the book switches in time between when Cat and Dom first met to present day when they are hoping for a baby, I was absolutely captivated by the author’s enchanting writing as she showed such hon ...more
Barbara Beswick
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Is it tempting fate to declare I already like this book lots before even opening it? Two reasons. First, the blurb on the back cover. Read a lot of books but believe this is only the second I've read regarding IVF. Good - an interesting subject. Secondly, the title. Haven't been able to remove Van Morrison from my brain since taking ownership of this book(huge thanks Helen!) - and that's a definite plus! Loved his music since the TB Sheets album from the late 60's. That man can emanate such emot ...more
Karen Whittard
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sad, poignant, honest and raw this book is not something to read lightly. This book will have you reaching for the tissues and have you staring at it for a while after you have read it. A book that will stay with you a long time after you have read it.

Diane Chandler as always writes with such clarity and manages to drag the reader in from the very first page.

Cat an independent woman who is determined to make her own mind up about everything and not just go by what other people want.

Dom a laid
Tanya Bullock
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy of Moondance in exchange for an honest review. This is EXACTLY the type of book I love to read; honest, raw, emotional, human. Cat is a wonderfully written character; not the simpering heroine conceived by the novelist to play on your emotions, but flawed, fallible...real. I loved Cat and rooted from her from the start, precisely because she felt so real and not at all like a clever work of fiction. I didn't feel I was being manipulated by the writer and was therefor ...more
Karen Peterman
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a difficult review to write - truthfully I didn't like the characters but that didn't stop me enjoying the book! Cat is a successful, driven and frankly quite selfish political lobbyist. She is married to Dom who is something high-powered in finance. Moondance tells the story of Cat and Dom's struggle to start a family and the emotional toll that IVF and fertility treatment takes on both of them.

The book cleverly makes the reader aware of the effect that the treatment has on Cat and Dom,
Kathy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book as part of a book group and I wasn’t expecting to particularly like it. While I was curious about IVF I didn’t think it would be possible to write such an absorbing and compelling story around this subject. Diane Chandler alternates chapters about the IVF process with chapters about the early years of their relationship and family background, and manages to build a very complete sense of the characters, and their development over the years. They are all complex, not all likable, ...more
Émilie
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really hard to rate that book.
I love the subject, a couple that aren't fertile, but I disliked the characters. I don't rate lower because of unlikable characters, I rate it lower because some links can be made and I don't like them. That book could have been five stars if there were a "likable" couple on the side with similar problem. I feel like "bad peoples are bad and God doesn't want them to have babies", which is not true.
I would love that other people I know could read that book (or only t