Start by marking “Loving God with All Your Mind” as Want to Read:
Loving God with All Your Mind

Loving God with All Your Mind

Elizabeth George's Loving God with All Your Mind (more than 200,000 copies sold) has been revised and expanded. Elizabeth lets women know that loving the Lord involves action! Focusing on six main scripture passages, she helps readers understand what it means to truly

let your mind think on what is true about God and about life
grasp and move toward God's purpose for life
Published January 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers (first published February 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Loving God with All Your Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving God with All Your Mind

Start your review of Loving God with All Your Mind
Jessica
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a blessing to read. I picked it up because a friend had sent it to me. At first, it seemed to speak to me through the struggles I had been facing on a mental level, through my thoughts. But as I read more and more of the book, it not only worked to refocus my thoughts, but my heart as well.

I think, no matter what issues you struggle with, whether it is circumstances in your life, thoughts, heartache, discipline in your bible reading, etc, this book would help with that. Not
Ariel
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to set aside some of my other planned books to read this right away. I have been struggling a lot lately with trusting God throughout all the issues in my life, but this book was a refreshing reminder of how much He cares for me. Each chapter is targeted to a specific issue as to why a person has trouble fully trusting God. The first chapter was on over-thinking and reading into people's words, which I tend to do a lot. This immediately let me know that this book was perfect for me. ...more
Olivia
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again Elizabeth George doesn't beat around the bush. I enjoyed the whole book, but the last half was especially revealing. It made me realize how much I need to accept God's ways without question. Focusing on God's Word and prayer are essential to knowing and loving God.

*A little KJV used; mostly other versions.
Hannah Joy  S.
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Maybe it was just me but this book seemed very repetitive.
The overall message was good and everything was quite scripture based but it felt like a broken record to the point where I skipped over big sections.
Still could be a good read though.
Lynnea
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
There is a lot in this book. So good! Great reminders of how to keep God your focus, etc. It is definitely one I should read again!
Mandy J. Hoffman
Sep 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Fear, worry, anxiety, and depression are just a few of the emotions that are covered in this book. If you struggle with negative emotions in an shape or size that this is a must-read for you.

I really enjoy Elizabeth's tender, yet honest, approach to dealing with emotions and how to combat them by loving God with our minds and the practical application of doing so. She writes as if she were your friend and she writes from personal experience which makes this book all the more meaningful.

The book
Jonathanandemily Washer
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Favorite book! Never realized how much of a battleground my mind is
Morgan Wilson
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mentor-program
I was pleasantly surprised by this book! The Lord used this book to not only teach me and grow me, but while I read it, I found that people around me needed the same encouragement and wisdom that I was getting from the book. I was able to share truths with friends struggling around me! I will definitely keep this book around as a reference, resource, and reminder to love God with all my mind.
Rachel
Loved this book! This was my first book to read by this author, suggested by a friend, and this one was just what I needed at this point in my life.

Mrs. George's writing style is simple, and the chapters are short enough that you can read an entire chapter easily for your devotional time. She shares a thought to take away with you and ponder on with each new chapter.

My two biggest lessons I gleaned from reading this book was to "think on what is true" - not to worry or fret or think on the
Lisa
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is an AWESOME read! Elizabeth George takes six lifechanging verses from the bible and offers excellent insight to better understand their meaning, as well as, how we can begin to apply them in our everyday lives. I've read this book 3 times in the past 10 or so years, and each time the Lord has used it to strengthen my relationship with Him. If you want to dig deeper, I recommend that you purchase the growth and study guide that goes along with this book.

Recently, I led a women's bible
Marti Woods
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book truly blessed me. At first, I did not think much in the book applied to me but I love Elizabeth George and decided to read it anyways. Maybe it would help me to help others. LOL Boy was I wrong, it truly helped me to live in each day, not tomorrow or in the future, and is a work in process. The lessons in this book are incredible and I do suggest the study guide. Through this guide, Elizabeth guided me through a spiritual growth that was life changing.
Elaine Mazzo
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I first read this book at our Titus 2 Tuesday group for ladies at church. It really was a life changer! Elizabeth reminded me that how I think really does affect how I act. One of the most important things I learned was to think true thoughts (see Philippians 4:8). This book truly has helped to renew my mind. I've gone back and looked it over a few times since reading it.
Heidi
Aug 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This is a book to remind you to really trust god in all things,think on what is true and real,live one day at a time,navigate the maze of life.The part that stood out to me the most was how important it is to memorize bible verses. You need them to be in your head for when satan tries to attack, you can use them for your armor to fight back.
Shana
Oct 14, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all Christians
Great book that focuses on Phillipians 4:8: "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirableif anything is excellent or praiseworthythink about such things."

It invites the reader to think on God's Truth about ourselves rather than what the world says or what we feel.
Cassiejoan
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: truth, own-it, non-fiction
such a good, practical guide for those that want to take every thought captive. i love her emphasis on memorizing and reflecting on Scripture. though definitely dated and written for women, this was a very thought-provoking book. i would recommend it to any Christian that deals with anxiety and / or depression.
Rachel
Dec 10, 2008 rated it liked it
An easier read, broken into fairly short and manageable chapters. Would work as a devotional because of that, I think. It was good to be reminded to use God's word as the basis for thoughts, especially in relations with other people.
Maam
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith
This is the second time I've read this book. It is life changing for me in getting me to think about things scripturally. It is a very encouraging and practical book, good balance of biblical truths with practical application.
Anita
Jan 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
A helpful tool for refocusing my own thoughts back on the truth about God. I found some of what George said helpful for talking to women struggling with depression or other harmful thought patterns. It focuses on Philippians 4:8 and other passages that help our mind think the Truth.
Shiffra
Jan 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read this book with my women's group and we all really liked it. The biggest lesson learned is how to train your brain to think on things that are true and realizing how much of our thought life is spent thinking about things that aren't true.
Rhonda Clark
Mar 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth George is one of my favorites. She uses personal experience to make her point, giving her writing the feel of a friendly conversation. This is a book you can read any time you get off track to put yourself back in the correct prospective.
Kevalmiller
Nov 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christian women
Shelves: biblical-truth
A reminder that what we think on must be truth, it is commanded in Philippians 4:8. Very practical truth that has transformed my thought process and several other women who have been reading this book with me.
Donald Stevenson
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a pastor I use this book in counselling - it is a must a read book that helps people deal with life and God's sovereignty through life. It is practical, repetitive but very helpful. A great women's study. Not perfect but very very helpful.
Sarah Palmer
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a great book! It will help you grow closer to God and really learn to love Him with all your mind. By focusing on specific scriptures Elizabeth George highlights what it means to love God with all your heart, soul, and strength.
Liz
Apr 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is another one that my bible study group is currently reading and it is very good
Candy Dalton
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wanna learn to control your thoughts? Read this book.
Kate Smith
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Apart from it's American leaning it was very helpful and thought provoking, 'Think on what is real'!
Val
Aug 07, 2008 is currently reading it
Our pastor's wife started going through this book with me. One I've had on my shelf for a long time and have read the fist few chapters. It's good and applicable!
Nicole Morgan
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Definitely recommend this book :)
Arabesque
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
An excellent excellent book that had everything I needed to hear. It really has transformed the way I think about things! I highly recommend it to any women!
Kim
Jul 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who struggles with their thoughts
this book changed my life...
« previous 1 3 next »

• Calm My Anxious Heart
  • Lies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free
  • Lord, I Want to Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart
  • Fervent: A Woman's Battle Plan to Serious, Specific and Strategic Prayer
  • Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Workbook
  • Choosing Gratitude: Your Journey to Joy
  • In His Image: 10 Ways God Calls Us to Reflect His Character
  • Potty Training in 3 Days: The Step-by-Step Plan for a Clean Break from Dirty Diapers
  • 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You
  • For the Children's Sake
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after Gods own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on Gods priorities.
- Appreciate Gods Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself through

News & Interviews

“Work on what is real rather than worry about what is unreal.” 10 likes
“Like completing a run, living today begins with preparation, planning, and prayer.” 6 likes