Start by marking “Loving God with All Your Mind” as Want to Read:
Loving God with All Your Mind

Loving God with All Your Mind

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  1,284 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Elizabeth George's Loving God with All Your Mind (more than 200,000 copies sold) has been revised and expanded. Elizabeth lets women know that loving the Lord involves action! Focusing on six main scripture passages, she helps readers understand what it means to truly—

let your mind think on what is true about God and about life
grasp and move toward God's purpose for life
tr
Published January 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers (first published February 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Loving God with All Your Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving God with All Your Mind

Hosanna
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is another MUST-READ masterpiece from Elizabeth George. It changed the way I think about life. Loving God with All Your Mind takes you through six powerful Bible verses with important messages: training your thoughts to be true and honoring to God, winning over worry by trusting in God, pressing forward to the prize, counting on God's goodness, living out HIS plan, and accepting the "unacceptable" things in life. This book made me realize that we don't have to worry about anything!! God has ...more
Jessica
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a blessing to read. I picked it up because a friend had sent it to me. At first, it seemed to speak to me through the struggles I had been facing on a mental level, through my thoughts. But as I read more and more of the book, it not only worked to refocus my thoughts, but my heart as well.

I think, no matter what issues you struggle with, whether it is circumstances in your life, thoughts, heartache, discipline in your bible reading, etc, this book would help with that. Not be
Ariel
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to set aside some of my other planned books to read this right away. I have been struggling a lot lately with trusting God throughout all the issues in my life, but this book was a refreshing reminder of how much He cares for me. Each chapter is targeted to a specific issue as to why a person has trouble fully trusting God. The first chapter was on over-thinking and reading into people's words, which I tend to do a lot. This immediately let me know that this book was perfect for me. ...more
Hannah
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving God with All Your Mind is a wonderful book!!! It talks about so many impacting truths...thinking on what is true and real, knowing God's goodness, and accepting the unacceptable. I think the first part of the book was my favorite, but it all was good! I felt like the same principles were said again and again throughout the book which was good for reinforcing them, but could get a little bit boring. :) Overall though this is an excellent book especially if you're going through a hard time ...more
Olivia
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again Elizabeth George doesn't beat around the bush. I enjoyed the whole book, but the last half was especially revealing. It made me realize how much I need to accept God's ways without question. Focusing on God's Word and prayer are essential to knowing and loving God.

*A little KJV used; mostly other versions.
Lynnea
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
There is a lot in this book. So good! Great reminders of how to keep God your focus, etc. It is definitely one I should read again!
Mandy J. Hoffman
Sep 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Fear, worry, anxiety, and depression are just a few of the emotions that are covered in this book. If you struggle with negative emotions in an shape or size that this is a must-read for you.

I really enjoy Elizabeth's tender, yet honest, approach to dealing with emotions and how to combat them by loving God with our minds and the practical application of doing so. She writes as if she were your friend and she writes from personal experience which makes this book all the more meaningful.

The book
Emily
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good book with some really good thoughts in it! (I especially appreciated the emphasis on dwelling on the Truth and all that that entails.) One thing I did notice that it seemed to get a little repetitive-which I can understand in some circumstances- but in this case it didn't seem very helpful. Still, Loving God with All Your Mind is a very good book that I would recommend, especially for women.
Rachel
Loved this book! This was my first book to read by this author, suggested by a friend, and this one was just what I needed at this point in my life.

Mrs. George's writing style is simple, and the chapters are short enough that you can read an entire chapter easily for your devotional time. She shares a thought to take away with you and ponder on with each new chapter.

My two biggest lessons I gleaned from reading this book was to "think on what is true" - not to worry or fret or think on the thin
Lisa
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is an AWESOME read! Elizabeth George takes six lifechanging verses from the bible and offers excellent insight to better understand their meaning, as well as, how we can begin to apply them in our everyday lives. I've read this book 3 times in the past 10 or so years, and each time the Lord has used it to strengthen my relationship with Him. If you want to dig deeper, I recommend that you purchase the growth and study guide that goes along with this book.

Recently, I led a women's bible stu
  • Disciplines of a Godly Woman
  • Idols of the Heart: Learning to Long for God Alone
  • Becoming a Titus 2 Woman
  • Lord, I Want to Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God
  • Changed Into His Image
  • Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
  • Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with You
  • Calm My Anxious Heart
  • Surrender: The Heart God Controls
  • Discipline: The Glad Surrender
  • Taste and See: Savoring the Supremacy of God in All of Life
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • Knight in Shining Armor: Discovering Your Lifelong Love
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • Created to be His Help Meet
  • Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...
“Work on what is real rather than worry about what is unreal.” 9 likes
“Like completing a run, living today begins with preparation, planning, and prayer.” 6 likes