Start by marking “Experiencing God's Peace: Philippians” as Want to Read:
Experiencing God's Peace: Philippians

Experiencing God's Peace: Philippians

(Woman After God's Own Heart Bible Study Series)

Highlighting the presence of God's perfect peace, Elizabeth George helps women know God's perfect peace in every circumstance in their lives. They will discover how to respond to the needs of others; mature in Christ; and overcome anxiety. The "heart response" sections help readers grasp Paul's teachings and focus on God's loving provisions.
Published June 1st 2000 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Experiencing God's Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Experiencing God's Peace

Amanda Tero
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second Elizabeth George devotional book that I have worked through, and I greatly appreciated them both!

Each lesson usually takes about 10-15 minutes to read through and provides soul-searching questions based on the text. Also included are eye-opening testimonies of men and women who faithfully followed God as He led.

I personally prefer KJV, which this book does not use, but it was not an issue to simply pull out my Bible and read the texts.
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful study by Elizabeth George. I'm excited to soon dive into the Esther study with a friend.
Carol Stark
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not a deep study but helpful and motivational. The book is divided in nice bite sized chunks. I would recommend it.
Tammy Mannarino
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
While George's examples are at times unrelatable, I think her structure and pacing is excellent. I will definitely read more by her.
Julie Reynolds
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great book for a bible study. Get a group of ladies together, and study this one.
Natasha
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
From the cover art and the title, I was expecting this woman's devotional to be cheesy and shallow. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was neither. While, not the deepest Bible study I've ever done, it was deep enough to feel like you're learning something without feeling like you needed to go to seminary to do it.

I think the study did a good job with Observation questions to get the reader focused on the text and Application questions to get the reader focused on what God might be brin
Mandy J. Hoffman
Jan 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Elizabeth George has again compiled a wonderful Bible Study guide for the book of Philippians. Her straightforward approach has you working your way through scripture verse by verse and learning the whole way. The topic of this guide is Real Peace and Real Contentment, and yet as you study your way through the 25 lessons of this book you will pull out so many more gems for your life.

I enjoy the simple layout and flow of this study guide. It is organized in a way that both makes it easy to unders
Joy
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a very good study we did in Sunday school. It is the second
E. George book we have used for preparation and discussion. The lessons are short and easy to complete (about 20 minutes). There are always new ideas and talking points in the study. She encouraged us to develop a root system anchored deep in God's Word. Roots are unseen, for taking in, for storage, and for support. She regularly includes quotations (popular with me). I liked this one from Leonard Bernstein: "I can get plenty of
Amy
Jul 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
I LOVE the book Philippians and this is just one of many different studies I've done on Philippians. I enjoy Elizabeth George's short studies as she packs a lot of information in a short amount of time. Definitely worth doing every one of the books in these series!
Elcy
Sep 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a good book to read and use along side of a study of the book of Philippians. It had many practical insights for life
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a good Bible study. She has lots of insight and you use your Bible a lot. Very helpful in finding peace in your day to day life. Would recomend it to anyone!
Jessica
Aug 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All Women and Young Women!
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm going through this as a Bible Study right now. It is excellent!!
Kristi Schaffner
Sep 24, 2014
Mia
Sep 01, 2012
Jane
rated it did not like it
Aug 09, 2007
Dec 09, 2012
Lindsay
Feb 13, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro

Woman After God's Own Heart Bible Study Series (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Putting On a Gentle  Quiet Spirit: 1 Peter
  • Pursuing Godliness: 1 Timothy
  • Nurturing a Heart of Humility: The Life of Mary
  • Understanding Your Blessings in Christ: Ephesians
  • Walking in God's Promises: Character Studies: Sarah
  • Living with Passion and Purpose: Luke (Woman After God's Own Heart)