Start by marking “Champion: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #3)” as Want to Read:
Champion: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #3)

Champion: The Graphic Novel

(Legend: The Graphic Novel #3)

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic─and each other─and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government's elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will
Published April 25th 2017 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Champion, please sign up.
Faith It's an abridged version. It took me about an hour to read the whole book, so if you've read the chapter book, this is a nice companion.…moreIt's an abridged version. It took me about an hour to read the whole book, so if you've read the chapter book, this is a nice companion.(less)

Start your review of Champion: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #3)
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Oh yes.. now I remember why I was a little upset with this ending. I still think this is a pretty decent finale, but the ending was just such a punch to the gut. Also so many things just make me emotional in this one. Albeit it does end on a lighter note, but you've gotta go through all the emotions before you get to the lighter moments. All in all I'm pretty happy with these graphic novels, but they felt like highlight reels and I much prefer all the details we got with the novels. ...more
Elle
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020, 5-stars
Listen, i love this trilogy with my whole heart but i dont really think the graphic novels deserve 5 stars. Some characters didnt look how they were supposed to, and events were at the wrong places and things were left out. Kinda disappointed but like i dont know how to rate it....

__________________________________________________________

i just got this in the mail but i can’t read it because i haven’t received prodigy yet help
Nellie
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’ve already read the book, so why am I crying again???
TheBookBabe
Oct 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
This is going to break my heart all over again.
Joanna
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
So what happened in the graphic novel was that it covered the major plot points of Champion but it left out all the emotional in betweens needed to make it great. I don't know why they didn't just make this longer. It was only 83 pages long on my ereader and I thought maybe I was miss a part but nope, that was legitimately the whole thing.

I loved seeing the art work and putting a picture to a name and seeing certain scenes play out but this definitely could have been soooooooo much better. If I
h o l l i s
Maybe I just misremember details but I feel a whole element to the original was changed.. but honestly that's just made me more determined to make time to reread this series. Love love loved the epilogue/ending. ...more
Rae
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What do you do when you finish the Legend triology and somehow manage to put the broken pieces of your heart back together? Why you pick up the graphic novel and break your fragile little heart all over again, because, why not?!

All joking aside, this was an awesome visual aid to the novel. There were some major key points left out probably for the simple fact it’s easier to read those details rather than seeing them. But all in all these follow the books very closely and still manage to give yo
Zack Jay
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
my heart warms🥺 , i'm such a ya trash. definitely gonna go and read the actual book now. ...more
Kelly
I really appreciated how many appearances Ollie made in this graphic novel, even if that one last scene he appeared in was really cruel and unnecessary.
Neil (or bleed)
It's all coming back to me now.

Champion hurt me in ways I can't explain so this 'original' trilogy (fuck off Rebel) really means a lot to me.

However, the issue of adapting a novel to a graphic novel is that oftentimes it gets lost in translation or a chunk of the novel really gets lost literally. Which is kinda understable since it is difficult to compressed a long novel to a shorter graphic novel.

So, it's obvious why I only gave this book a 3-star rating. I wasn't convinced. Though the nostalg
Nicole aka FromReading2Dreaming
Okay this is the best graphic novel out of all three of them. The most important scenes were drawn (still wish it was longer), and the art was amazing.

Excuse me because I'm about to go cry because one of the most heart wrenching scenes in YA history was visualized... MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS!!!
Alexa
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Man, even though I’ve read the actual novel series, the events in this particular installment are still pretty harrowing! But now that these graphic novels have helped me to review the key events in the series, I’m pretty pleased with the experience overall.
MC Gélinas (Wanderlust Ereader)
Tried graphic novels for the first time aaaaaaand

Emily (Falling for YA)
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
I really liked that this was in full color and the art was lovely. I enjoy Leigh Dragoon's work.

This is such an intricate storyline though that condensing it to this format lost a lot of the nuance. This graphic novel didn't have the same emotional resonance and that's really too bad because it's one of the big selling points in the book.
Alina
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Champion was also really good.

I was too lazy to read the actual book thoroughly, so this book made it easier to understand.

SPOILER ALERT!: I feel sad because in the 10 years later part, Day loses his memory and forgets June, and then they meet up again. Awww....

SPOILER ALERT 2!: Commander Jameson is DEAD.Period.

Bailey Marissa
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This hit all of the high points of the story, so it was a nice refresher heading into the fourth book that's coming out later this year.

However, I did wish it would give a little more of the story and the artwork isn't that great.

Recommended 15+ for language, violence, a scene of hinted sex, and romance.
Ehrehn
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
wowza that was refreshing
JoBeth
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
This is a really good adaptation of Champion! I’ve begun to really enjoy graphic novels, and this was great! I think it covered all the main points of the book well, and provided a quick edition of the story. Of course, not all of the emotion and connections to the characters are there, but it was still a great story!
Laia Pérez (laiaisreading)
Blog|Instagram

I understand that when you pass a book to a graphic novel you have to leave behind a lot of things, from descriptions, words-non-said to scenes.
So, here's why I'm reading this. I love Legend, It's a really great story and a Young Adult distopía, and I wanted to reread it, so I bought the graphic novels od the novels.
I have enjoyed them a lot! And I still recommend the book to anyone willing to listen.
Nancy The book junkie
Once again the graphic novel stayed pretty true to the book. They did cut some part out but the important parts of the story were there and i think that anyone reading this withoug having read the book first won't be losing any vital part of the plot. A must for anyone who enjoyed the series. I enjoyed the artworks through the series even if it wasn't how i portrayed the characters in my head. ...more
❆Rushna❆
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ah, yes. I remember the pain this book caused me.
Austin Howard
Nov 10, 2020 rated it liked it
The book was overall pretty solid. It went over the very major points of the actual book written by Marie Lu. I think that this was a good way for readers to be able to see what was happening easier than having to imagine it for themselves. Overall, I gave it three stars as it was a good book, but I liked seeing more of the thought processes of the characters. I also think that there were some points in the actual book that could be included in this graphic novel.

I really enjoyed the plot in thi
Michelle Kenneth - PerfectionistWannabe.com
I haven't read the books for this series, yet. This is also the first of the graphic novels I read. It was easy to pick up what happened in the previous books/graphic novels.

As I read this, I started to feel a little freaked out thinking how strange that this book is talking about a pandemic and the need for a cure. America is divided and at war. Borders are closed due to the pandemic.

We have an elector versus a faction that seeks to take complete control over America (the villain). Yet, what
Natalie
This graphic novel told the bare bones of the story - nothing more.

I’ve been trying to read more graphic novels lately, and I did like the book, but the graphic novel is nowhere near as good as the book itself.

Still, a good supplement to the series. Day and June didn’t look anything like how I pictured them, however.
Joselyn  Moreno Burke
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The finish of the series, I was so heartbroken at some point but realy liked the story after it, it was well done, and the time and all the prices paid, the complots were so intriguing too.

I was glad to see the development of the characters and what they did and the choices they made for themselves and a country.
Jenni
I have to say the novels are way more better than the graphic novels. There is a lack of feeling in the graphic novels and the graphic style doesn't make it better. It was an ok read, like a fast summary of the book., but if you want to really get immersed in the story, you should read the novel!

You won't miss out on anything if you will never read the graphic novels.
✨Gayatri ✨
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Done.
Im fast. 😁😁
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
These graphic novels are a very condensed version of the novels. I was hoping for a bit more details, but overall I enjoyed them.
Maggie Wen
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
I can’t emotionally handle this rn 🥲
Marta Ilieva
Dec 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the series and love graphic novels. This left out a lot from the main plot, but it was still enjoyable to get back to this story of June and Day.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Penultimate Hours (The Last Hours, #0.5)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 4 (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel #4)
  • A RomaJuliette Christmas Special (These Violent Delights, #0.5)
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #3)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 3
  • Batman: Nightwalker
  • A Thief Among the Trees (An Ember in the Ashes Graphic Novel Prequel, #1)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #2)
  • We Jace you a Clary Xmas
  • Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (Percy Jackson: The Graphic Novels #5)
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer
  • The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #1)
  • Apollo: The Brilliant One (Olympians, #8)
  • Batman: Overdrive
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1
  • Çürük Vişne: Veryansın (Çürük Vişne, #2)
  • Astronauts: Women on the Final Frontier
[Note: Many apologies, but I'm woefully bad at checking my Goodreads emails! If you'd like to send a note/msg, please catch me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Marie_Lu . Thanks!]

I write young adult novels, and have a special love for dystopian books. Ironically, I was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, I was an Art Director at a video game company. Now I shuffle around at home and ta

Legend: The Graphic Novel (3 books)
  • Legend: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Prodigy: The Graphic Novel (Legend: The Graphic Novel, #2)