Start by marking “Living for Today (Forgotten #2)” as Want to Read:
Living for Today (Forgotten #2)

Living for Today

(Forgotten #2)

After recovering from amnesia, domestic violence, and the death of her abusive husband, Ava Emerson finally put her past behind her, and moved forward to an unforeseen future.

When Xander Jamison went to Savannah, Georgia, he had given up on life and love. His plan was to accept his death sentence and die with dignity. That was until he met Ava Emerson.

But when Xander reve
Published October 18th 2016 by BrenKennBooks, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Living for Today, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living for Today

Sherry
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Goodness. I just finished reading Living for Today. Please excuse my profanity, But Damn Brenda Kennedy! You caused so many emotions. I laughed, I cried, I got angry...etc. You should be so proud of yourself. You are an amazing author. This book has far exceeded all of the others.I usually hate cliffhangers but this was spot on and I think it could almost be a stand alone book in my opinion. Great job as always. There aren't enough words to do this book justice. Ava is one of the strongest bo ...more
Lou Mohler
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read Brenda's books since her first one. As she is the Queen of Cliffhanger. I have to say this is by far her best series. This book is full of real life experiences. I laughed, I cried and it left us with hope. I highly recommend this series. You will fall in love with the characters as well as the author. Thanks Brenda can't wait for the next one.
Lisa
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
'Living for Today' continues with Ava's journey as she continues to put her life back together. Her past is still a mystery to her but her nightmares show her glimpses of the abuse she suffered at the hands of her now dead husband.

This starts where 'Forgetting the Past' left off and it is essential that you read it first. Xander continues to present Ava with a real opportunity for her to rebuild her life but also shows her how fragile life can be.

So much happens in this installment that forces A
Nicole
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! The Cliffhanger Queen has done it AGAIN!!! Not only does she rope you into Ava's life but into every part of everyone else's. I found myself crying with them, laughing with them, cheering them on, but I never wished a character to die... It's amazing how all the characters have a part to help Ava along her journey whether it's good or bad. I love how strong Ava is through the good and bad. The horrible nightmare that aren't but might be. The almost dreams... But Anyways, Brenda Kennedy is ...more
Amy Sperry
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OOOOOHHHHH the feelers!!!! I was very honored to have read this as an ARC for an honest review and let me tell ya.......Happy, sad, angry... you name it, you'll feel it. An unfortunate real life situation brought to light in a very poignant novel. Brenda only gets better with each book she writes and the saying "drops mic... walks away" came to mind when i finished this. Only substitute pen for mic! lol Cannot wait for #3!!!
Casey
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin.....this is the second book in this trilogy and probably the most emotional. I cried, and cried....for an author to be able to reach in and just grab your heart through words is really special. I highly recommend reading this book but only AFTER reading the first book in the trilogy. Way to go Brenda Kennedy!!
Melissa Harvey
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't think there has been one book that Brenda has written that hasn't earned a 5 start review from me and we're not going to start now. Every book gets better and better. This series has peeked my interest from the very beginning. It's so much different from all the others and the Queen of cliff hangers lets the twists turns and surprises continue to roll in. From the start of the first book I found myself rooting for Chase but then by the second book o hesitantly found myself rooting for Xa ...more
Heather Cicio
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Right now I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry! I should be very well prepared for the enormous cliffhangers that come with reading a book by Brenda Kennedy! But she has once again left me speechless! I couldn't wait to get reading book two and now I need book three! I need some answers now!! And I want my Xander back!! Emotions, emotions, emotions!! Emotion overload! Amazing story with awesome twists and lovable characters!! This review has no spoilers because I am so stunned it probab ...more
Cathy Stotts
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This second book of the Forgotten Trilogy is just as captivating and riviting as the first. The characters all seem so real and you cheer, laugh and cry right along with them. You can get so involved you forget this is just a story and not real life. And this a another of Brenda's books that I read at one sitting. I just cannot stop until the end, and this one came all too soon. I read on my kindle and I kept tapping screen trying to get the next page, until I realized it was the end of this one ...more
Jessica Means
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is such a wonderful story. I'm so glad that I get to Beta read it before it hits the shelves. This book hits your heart and the people in the story are people that you could see in real life. I chuckled and also cried about 3 different times. You wont be disappointed in this book series.
Peggy Pattee
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

From start to finish I couldn't put his book down less than 2 days ani was done now I have to wait for the final book to find the outcome of this trilogy
Dove Bailey
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! OMG! OMG!!! Just finished Living for today!! Brenda you've done it again but X10!! This book had me laughing, crying and smiling till my cheeks hurt!! YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!
Lisa  Rockin' Between The Sheets Reviews
This series will give you all the "feels".
Kellie Acuna
Jan 13, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017
I love the continued story of Ava and her quest to find out about her past.
Sherri
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Xander, never forgotten.

The story continues with the wonderful inn that I would love to live in forever. The characters are fun, tragic, and strong all at once. I love the way Brenda Kennedy weaves the characters lives together to feel like one loving, protective family. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good clean romance with a bit of mystery included! Great read!
Sherrie Weerheim
Uuuugh what an ending!!!

Oh my gosh...I knew there would be a twist but my goodness. Lorraine better be lying. I wish they would have done more with Xander.
Kimberly Jean
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Make sure to have third book handy as this one leaves you hanging!
Christina
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to pick up book 2! Book 1 (forgetting the past) was phenomenal and when it ended I couldn't wait to see what would happen next.

I don't want to give away any spoilers, and I really didn't think I would like book 2 because of where it was heading, but in true Brenda Kennedy fashion, she made her words come to life and pulled me into the story.

Breathtaking. Mesmerizing. Heartbreaking.

<3 <3 <3
Karen
I am disappointed in book 2

This book needs another proofreading. It's not bad but I hate to find errors, especially in books that I pay for. There were also some dangling loose ends that other content made a lie of. I am so disappointed in the mature content, the message could have been gotten across without the graphics.
Shannon
Dec 06, 2016
glenda t. white
Jan 16, 2017
Luz
rated it did not like it
Aug 24, 2016
Joan Antoinette Gwynn
Mar 05, 2017
Cindy Barenthin
Jul 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Brenda Kennedy is an award winner, an Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a Publishers Weekly bestselling author. She is a true believer of romance. Her stories are based on the relationships that define our lives - compassionate, emotionally gripping, and uplifting novels with true to life characters, that stay with her readers long after the last page is turned.

Her varied, not always pleasant backgro

Forgotten (2 books)
  • Forgetting the Past (The Forgotten Trilogy, #1)