Start by marking “Putting On a Gentle Quiet Spirit: 1 Peter” as Want to Read:
Putting On a Gentle  Quiet Spirit: 1 Peter

Putting On a Gentle Quiet Spirit: 1 Peter

(Woman After God's Own Heart Bible Study Series)

Elizabeth George takes readers through a thought-provoking study of Peter's teachings on handling trials and persecutions, including: suffering for doing good; understanding the mysteries of God; and fanning the flame of faith. The special "heart response" sections offer readers suggestions to help them apply biblical truths to their lives and focus on the amazing glory Go ...more
Published June 1st 2000 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Putting On a Gentle Quiet Spirit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Putting On a Gentle Quiet Spirit

Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Sometimes, I like to take a break from doing self-guided bible study and do a prepackaged one. When I do Elizabeth George is one of my favorites. This, her study on 1 Peter, was no exception.

What I liked about it:
I loved the style of questions to answer. I found her thoughts and questions very helpful. This study wasn’t too long either. I didn’t get tired of it before it ended.

What I didn’t like about it:
The only thing that I didn’t like about it was sometime I didn’t agree with her interpretati
Olivia
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Olivia by: my mom
I enjoyed this simple, but profound Bible study on 1 Peter. It's amazing how much you learn by focusing on just a few verses at a time. I found a couple times that the reasoning Elizabeth George came to about a passage of scripture didn't make sense when I read the verse, but that could be the different use of versions (she used NKJV, while I use KJV). That being said I still enjoyed and recommend this book!
Amanda Tero
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was thought-provoking and soul-searching. Almost every chapter asked, "What do you learn about God in this passage?"

Not KJV

"When we have our inner life under control, then our outer life will honor the Lord."
Dawn
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those Bible study experiences that was clearly given to me by the Holy Spirit when I most needed it. Elizabeth George has long been my favorite Bible study author. There is tremendous insight in her studies, but what I love most is her tender, loving, respectful tone to her readers. Even though I don't know her personally, she is a true mentor.

I am facing some personal struggles as a ministry wife, and I feel much of my emotional turmoil can be construed as "suffering", which make
Kara
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I was hoping for a little more out if this book, as I feel this is such an important topic. I do appreciate, however, Ms. George sticking straight to the bible. There is no extra-biblical teaching here! I guess I was just hoping for some deeper application/explanation of the biblical standard of a "gentle-and quiet spirit." All in all, not a bad study if you're looking for something very basic with surface-level application.
Amy
Jul 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
This one was essential to me for growing to be a more godly woman as I seem to have a naturally loud personality and 'puttin on a gentle and quiet spirit' seems to be more of a challenge for me than it may be for most. :) Or, maybe not?
Elizabeth
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
George closely examines the chapter of Peter and encourages readers to do the same through Bible study and reflection.

I found it helpful but not that memorable.
Molly Cline

5 star

Rosa Cline
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, biography
If you have wanted to do Bible study but felt you didn't have time to do justice to the study. Ms George does a wonderful job at putting this study of 1 Peter into segments that can be studied in about 15 minutes. She writes the reviews and adds questions that you can answer includes the actual scripture from the Bible so that way if you want to take this devotional with you on a bus ride or whatever you wouldn't have to take your Bible too (if you didn't want to). In the back of this book she a ...more
Joy
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent book to study for our women's Sunday school class. The lessons only cover a few verses at a time, they take only a short time to complete, and there are good observations and notes for discussion. I especially liked the definition of gentle (not creating disturbances) and quiet (bearing with tranquility the disturbances caused by others). The book had good reminders to prepare your mind for action and to be intentional in all you do.
Elizabeth J.
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good devotional that is quick to read.
Miranda
Nov 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Read/completed this study a handful of years back, but with our church going through a current series on 1 Peter, I wanted to go back through it.
Angela Good
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!!
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a good Bible study book. You have lots of questions to look up for your self. She does not spoon feed you but you learn a lot. She is an excellent author!
Michelle Polk
Oct 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
peace of mind is what comes after doing this study on 1Peter. Elizabeth George brings to the table a life that is walking in peace and she wants to share her experience with you.
Carol travers
rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2015
  • Sister Wendy on Prayer
  • For the Family's Sake
  • Surrender: The Heart God Controls
  • Ten Indictments against the Modern Church
  • Ten Girls Who Changed the World (Lightkeepers)
  • Contentment: A Godly Woman's Adornment
  • My Heart--Christ's Home
  • Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • Fight Like a Girl: The Power of Being a Woman
  • The Good Wife's Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet
  • Tasha Tudor's Garden
  • Becoming a Woman of Prayer
  • Barefoot Christianity
  • Courageous Women: A Study of the Heroines of Biblical History
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro

Woman After God's Own Heart Bible Study Series (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Becoming a Woman of Beauty  Strength: Esther
  • Pursuing Godliness: 1 Timothy
  • Nurturing a Heart of Humility: The Life of Mary
  • Understanding Your Blessings in Christ: Ephesians
  • Walking in God's Promises: Character Studies: Sarah
  • Living with Passion and Purpose: Luke (Woman After God's Own Heart)