Start by marking “Family Fortune (Southern Family Ties, #1)” as Want to Read:
Family Fortune (Southern Family Ties, #1)

Family Fortune (Southern Family Ties, #1)

Defying the restrictions of society, Emma Johnston plans to become a teacher and help broaden the lives of young women. Society, her father, and even her own heart betray her and leave her longing for a different life entirely.

After having run up considerable debt, Emma’s father needs her inheritance from her maternal grandfather and he has a plan that seems guaranteed to
Published November 15th 2016 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Family Fortune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Fortune

Megan Lowe
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily received an advanced review copy of this book and chose to review it.

Family Fortune is a refreshing telling of the same old storyline current done to death. Rodger is sent to guard Emma from her evil, well not really but you get the gist, father. You've heard the storyline a million times, he falls for her but can he let his feelings for her jeopardise his work and her safety? However, you've never heard it told like this! Set in the 1855 Family Fortune is like nothing you've ever
Linda
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well written, kept my interest, interfered with my housework because I couldn't put it down. I would let my granddaughter read it if she weren't just 2 yrs old. I can hardly wait for the sequel to be released.
Tabitha Ormiston-Smith
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot; although I'm not a fan of Westerns as such, this one avoided all the usual cliches to give a fresh look at the time and place from the point of view of a very modern-minded (for the period) young woman. I liked the way the author kept it real and didn't fall into the trap of putting a 21st-century personality into the role, and yet explored the issues around emancipation. It was well done.

I did have a momentary hesitation about the notion of 'high society' in America,
Jim Horn
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Did Margaret Mitchell fake her death and change her name to Kathleen?

At the risk of seeming irreverent, I love this book even more than Gone With The Wind. I'm sure having a female lead whom I can respect is a large part of it. Whereas I wanted to spank Scarlet as the spoiled brat she is, the young lady in this book is a delight. For as naive as she is, she exhibits character and wisdom beyond her years (as do the real people with whom I associate). Set in a beautiful time gone by, this story qu
Airian
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and Strong Emma

This story was endearing and heartfelt. It swept me away to the South and a time when women were meant to be meek, yet Emma is a voice even modern women can appreciate and aspire to. The thrilling family drama lends excitement to an unconventional love story. Can’t wait to read the next book.
A.S. McGowan
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Story

The story was interesting. The cast of characters were well developed and lively. I can't wait to read the next in the series.
Andrea
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The time period and plot were brilliantly managed by the author. Characters were fantastic throughout.
Sandy Bartles
This is a wonderful book by a terrific author. When I first began reading this book, I thought, "I will start this now and take my time with it". I am not much into historicals because when I finish the book I realize that they would all be dead now, in my time, and that makes me sad. However, once I began reading it, I couldn't put it down. There are lots of laughs and you become so attached to the characters that you can't let go. So, now, here I am, anxiously waiting for the next book!
Bex 'n' Books
Megan Dunn-McDermott Green
Jun 24, 2018
Pat
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read from Kathleen Eyke and I was not disappointed! The well written storyline along with the well developed characters just hooked me from the very beginning and kept me so enthralled until the very end! I look forward to see what this author writes next!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Rose Sawyer
May 19, 2017
Kathleen Eyke
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lesley Doherty
Apr 04, 2017
A.D. Herrick
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

This was truly an astonishing story. It held both romance, action, and suspense. The scenes and characters were perfectly played put drawing you into the story deeper and deeper with every page! Wonderful job Ms. Eyke
Michelle Gore