Start by marking “Crouching Costs, Hidden Savings: 10 Deadly Moves for the Frugal Warrior” as Want to Read:
Crouching Costs, Hidden Savings: 10 Deadly Moves for the Frugal Warrior

Crouching Costs, Hidden Savings: 10 Deadly Moves for the Frugal Warrior

This book isn't very helpful or entertaining. I didn't care for it really, but Buck Flogging is certainly a very polite and impressive young man that reminds me a lot of my pastor.
~No Person Ever

Man, it's about time someone with some sense that isn't a complete imbecile and a total tool like me (who recommends putting money into envelopes and hiding them like an absolut
Published August 7th 2016 by Archangel Ink

To ask other readers questions about Crouching Costs, Hidden Savings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crouching Costs, Hidden Savings

Start your review of Crouching Costs, Hidden Savings: 10 Deadly Moves for the Frugal Warrior
Bill Guinee
Aug 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ignorant and filled with bad advice. Here are a few of the gems. Eat a diet based on cost per calorie, thus one very heavy in fat and butter. Don't buy insurance for anything especially health (though the all butter diet could make this a problem). Buy a cheap cabin in the mountains to live in. Apparently you won't need a well or mineral rights or anything and there is no need to get easily to health care if you don't have insurance. Buy a used expensive car that doesn't depreciate much - this m ...more
Phoenix Blackdove
Aug 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Like most "frugality" books, there's some stuff that's applicable to my life, some that's not. I disagree with some of the conclusions presented (I save like $300 a month on my grocery bill because I garden, sorry Buck). The slant of the book is very much towards the "free spirit" wanderer who doesn't want be tied down to a place - the opposite of my life philosophy.

Definitely gets points for an entertaining read, regardless.

Points off for the spelling errors though. (I am a ruthless pedant in t
Holli
Feb 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Just don't. The author is disgusting, desperately needs an editor, gives the most questionable advice I've ever encountered in my life, and is extremely rude, foul-mouthed, and insulting. Not funny and not worthy your time. I feel like I need a shower now to wash away the slimy feeling this book left me with. I try not to be truly mean in my reviews, but this one really tested my ability to follow through on this. Believe me, this is tame compared to what I could say.
Steve Alcorn
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Funny and true

A surprisingly useful collection of knowledge is interspersed amidst the profanity and jokes in this entertaining and short read. Buck's advice on money and school and cars is particularly true. At first his opinions seem fairly outrageous, but when you think about it, he's actually pretty much on target.
Jill Mitchell
Smart thinking, but one star off for excessive profanity

This is a book full of wise advice. And I love this guy, but even for me, the excessive profanity gets weary. I agree with almost everything in here, especially the advice on insurance, wealth creation and housing. Matt Stone aka Buck Flogging is a very smart guy. Everyone could learn something from this.
Adan Ramie
Sep 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book was offensive. The author tries to come off as funny, but only ends up sounding like a real jerk. Be prepared for lots of talk about "hoes" and rampant use of the word "retarded" in only the most childish of ways.
Anita
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sensible advice for simple living

As an un-material girl, I've always enjoyed all promotion of frugal yet high quality living. Buck offers pithy wisdom on many issues for millennials to late boomers like me. Bravo! Love the dirty talk, too. Mmmm.
Concetta Phillipps
Dec 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
Less interesting than I thought it would be

I read Buck's newsletter and enjoy his "character". Most of this is just rehash from other financial advice books and the little that is new is so layered in sarcasm that it's hard to recognize.
Mary
Victoria Kinkade
Oct 31, 2018
Aug 13, 2016
Susan
rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2016
Denise Esse
Oct 06, 2016

• Writing Short Stories: A Writers' and Artists' Companion
  • The Story Of Chocolate
  • The Burglar's Breakfast (Young Reading 1)
  • Tortilla Flat
  • Topper
  • Heidi
  • All Because of Jackson
  • Paulette, the Pinkest Puppy in the World
  • Sidney Chambers and The Forgiveness of Sins (The Grantchester Mysteries #4)
  • The Winter Companion (Parish Orphans of Devon, #4)
  • The Smurfs Christmas
  • Használati utasítás Izlandhoz
  • What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
  • Joe Bar Team (Joe Bar Team, #1)
  • Várunk