Start by marking “The Player” as Want to Read:
The Player

The Player

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  9,335 ratings  ·  1,138 reviews
I'm naturally gifted on the field and between the sheets. With flashy cars and enough media attention to put the Royal Family to shame, I’m the definition of Most Eligible Bachelor.

I've never met a man who doesn't want to be me or a woman who doesn't want to tame me. Until I meet Camila.

From the moment I lay eyes on her, I know I have to have her.

She wants to keep me
ebook, 1st Edition, 320 pages
Published October 10th 2016 (first published October 8th 2016)

·  9,335 ratings  ·  1,138 reviews

Start your review of The Player
Shh moderator

★★★★1/2! The Player (stand-alone). Famous soccer star & manwhore meets the girl who sees beyond the player!

“I’d give up my career to chase moments with the right woman.”

The Player (stand-alone) is a world-wind sport romance. Imagine a girl catching the attention of the most famous soccer player in the world.

Except having no idea who he is.

That’s exactly what happened to regular girl Camila Avila. Peach aka Rocky. Soccer super star and real estate investor Warren Silva
Christy
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

photo A05236ED-E65D-446D-B4CE-F1358EB5FB7B_zpsbeo1w5u0.png

When I heard that Claire Contreras was writing a sports romance, I knew I had to get my hands on it. When I saw the cover, I was looking forward to reading it even more! The Player is different than her other books, but I was not disappointed in the least. Fun, engaging, sexy and sweet- this is a fantastic read!

Warren Silva is back in his home town of NYC for three weeks. He is a top football player in Manchester and this is the longest he’s been away from the sport in years. He h
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

"You'll be the death of me, pretty girl," he said, grabbing my arms to position me so I was on all fours facing the window."

➦This was my first read by Claire Contreras and I have to say that I did enjoy the book. I'm always a sucker for famous celebrity falling for a regular girl trope :)

➦Warren Silva is a soccer star extraordinaire and is married. To his career, of course. Non-stop practice and travelling for games, a girl in every city and a lot of meaningless sex - that about sum
CristiinaReads❀
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳WOAH! What a freaking book which brings the definition of unique to a whole new level. Claire Contreras sure knows how to hook you in with the love of a sport...

➳So lets take a moment to appreciate the male protagonist's name; Warren. Warren... also known as War and in the field known as War Zone because of the way he plays with full force in the soccer field. His career has made him into a true professional ever since he was fourteen and moved to Spain to grow his experience as a soccer pl
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

From the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she’d be different. From the first conversation, I knew she’d be worth it. From the moment I had her, I knew I’d never get enough.

photo 20789288._SY540__zps9rdaj2hi.jpg

THE PLAYER is Claire Contreras’ first sports romance novel and she has succeeded in delivering an intoxicating and sensual read!! As soon as I saw the gorgeous cover I just knew there was no way the story wasn’t going to be anything less than a winner. Ladies, we have
✰ Liz ✰
"We're just chasing moments together. After all, isn't that what life is all about?"
description

The Player is one smoking hot read that you will not want to miss! I am a huge fan of Claire Contreras and this contemporary romance about a hot soccer star and the Dominican Republic girl certainly did not disappoint! The Player will you steal your heart, make you laugh, and have you swooning over every page!

description
"Last time I tamed a player, I got burned."
Camilla is a strong independent NYC girl. She is clo
Alp
2.25/5

I don't know. I really don't know. This just wasn't what I expected...

The story started out nice and it was an ok read until around the beginning of the last quarter, Camila found out who exactly Warren is and then she went crazy. Things went downhill from there.

At first, I liked Camila just fine, but the more I read, she became less and less adorable. And by the end, I couldn't care less about her! I have no idea what Warren saw in her. In my opinion, she didn't deserve his love at all.
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Claire Contreras fans, Romance, Sport
3.5 More Than Just The Playing Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free-Limited Time 99Cents!!!!
I have already confessed my first attraction to this book was the perfect cover...There... I got that out of the way. It gave all the readers thoughts on who this "player was going to be...A staggering beautiful man, at the top of his game...and wanted by all....and basically, this was that man. This cover and blurb promised all the smexy goodness of a chase, a need to tame, a determination to have his target on
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs

3.5 Stars

*ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

****4 Stars****

“If you’re at the other end of the chase, it would be impossible for me to be disappointed.”

description

This is my first Claire Contreras book and I now know for sure, it won’t be my last. I really enjoyed this book. I can never pass up the chance to read another sports romance story. I love the idea of a hot and athletic hero. This story had everything I crave; hot, steamy scenes, anticipation and the thrill of the chase, with a tatted up alpha male hero to boot.

Camilla is the perfect
Sabrina
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Currently FREE
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I enjoyed this book and the attraction that these two characters had. I'm a sucker for a book where the Hero has to actually work for the heroine's affection and that describes Warren and Camila's story perfectly. But the chase didn't last too long and that was the key to making this a great story. It never goes well for me when it takes most of the book for the characters to get together so I'm glad that wasn't the case here.

I did lose interest just a little
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Well I'll be honest, I didn't loved it way too much but still I liked it. It wasn't that bad but I was expecting something more because earlier I read Claire's other books (Hearts series were sooooo good) but still I really enjoyed this story too...

Beverly
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you have read Claire’s books you know they are emotional and almost always bring you to tears. I saw on Facebook she said this book was not like her other books and I have to agree. The Player is a sexy, sweet sports romance and like her other books, I loved every minute!

Camila, our heroine, is super strong and levelheaded. When push comes to shove she is the first person to stand up and fight for what is right and I loved that about her. We first meet Camila when she learns a developer is th
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog

"I can't think when you're this close to me"
"That makes two of us"

I missed Claire's writing and with this book she reached my expectations.This book was so much for me, she did an amazing job! The Player was an intense,fun and sexy story.

description

"I can't remember the last time I wanted anybody the way I want you."

Warren is a football player and once he saw Camilla he knew that she is different from the other women he knew.Camilla on the other hand because she knows how men like Warren is she
Dee Montoya
4 ~My New York Girl~ Stars****

(ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)
(BR with the lovely Mel)

When I saw the gorgeous cover, and learned that Claire Contreras was writing a new sports theme romance, immediately I thought; I'M IN! and who do I need to torture to get this book???

Be ready ladies and gentleman, because Claire Contreras is back and coming full throttle with this sexy, vibrant and entertaining story. One you cannot miss!

photo BF5BF8C5-BC29-4360-807A-A962A3FD4B9A_zpsp78vdoxb.jpg

Warren Silva is an international s
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

“Life is short. We’re only here to chase moments. I’d rather make those moments worthwhile.”

Claire Contreras, cheers to you! This book was awesome!

The Player is about Warren, a talented soccer star who plays in the United Kingdom. He comes to New York on vacation and on family business where he meets Camila. Camila is from a family that fell from grace and she took it hard. Now she works for a non profit and can’t afford much, but she works hard and knows what she wants in life.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo f526783c6f67a5da20064541ac1790_zpsp0epvk6z.gif

CLAIRE!!!! CLAIRE!!!! CLAIRE!!!! CLAIRE!!!! CLAIRE!!!! Do you hear the chants Claire Contreras? Do you hear the sounds of your loyal fans cheering you on? Well, I’m sure you are hearing the sounds of their chants, screams, and undying love for Warren Silva. But I am here to tell you Claire Contreras that although I might be chanting WAR!!!, I am here singing your praise. Claire..you have truly outdone yourself once again. You did not
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ @bookwormthoughts
3.5 – 4 Stars
Amazon ➺ smarturl.it/ThePlayer_Amazon
iBooks ➺ smarturl.it/ThePlayer_iBooks

The Player captured my attention with its luscious cover and enticing blurb. I knew this had to be my first Claire Contreras novel and I dived in with great anticipation soaking up the words and engaging with the story.

Warren is one of the most successful football players in the world, playing in the British Football league and endorsement modelling, being a Brit myself I hugely appreciated the nuances perta
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Chasing moments' Stars!

I had extreme coverlust for this novel and I am so glad I decided to read this book. My first by Claire Contreras and her first take on Sports Romance, I have to say The Player will definitely not be my last read of anything by her, I LOVED IT!

If I have time, I will write a longer review, I am just writing this short text to say I totally recommend The Player if you are in the mood for a super-hot sportsman ;)
Dilek VT
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
I finished this book yesterday and I had mixed feelings about it, so I slept on it without reviewing or rating.

Now, on second thoughts, I still feel the same:

There are good and sweet things in it, but there are also unbelievable, corny and frustrating things in it too.

On top of that, it is sometimes very boring and despite the really good sexual chemistry that is built up slowly, the making love scenes don't live up to the expectations that are built.

In my opinion, this book is really overrat
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
3.5 "Chasing Moments" Stars
 photo IMG_1623_zps5t8gt8gj.jpg

A sexy, hot playboy soccer player meets a girl who has no idea who he is and decides I have to get to know her!! This story is sweet, sassy and a little angsty.

Warren Silvia is a bad boy, fun loving, sexy hunk of a soccer player. Women want him and men want to be him. When he comes home to NY from Manchester his life changes in so many ways. Camila Avila is spunky, sassy and not looking for a man. She has a hard life and definitely doesn't see how a man like Warren
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)
(BR with Dee)

photo 2B562DB6-F71E-44D7-A402-E2BA5C4B2294_zps0jl8otbq.jpg

Camila Avila is a beautiful Dominican woman living in Washington Heights, New York. There was a time when she attended private school & lived a good life. After her family loses it all, she struggles to make ends meet on her own.

Camila is trying to make a future for herself, but when a company wants to tear down the apartment complex she lives in to build a strip mall, she is furious. This normally quiet woman, decides to head to a meeting to giv
Mikee (ReadWithMikee)
Maybe I've been reading the wrong type of books but lately every romance books I've been reading have been really boring. I'm trying to dive into all the hottest new books that people have been raving about but they've all been really disappointing. :/

I had such high hopes for The Player considering how I was such a huge fan of Claire's Hearts series but her recent books have been really disappointing. I couldn't even get through Elastic Hearts because it turned into just another cliche romance
Kaleigh ❤️
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
With that prologue I was super excited to start this book, knowing it was going to be a good one! Especially after all the hype I have been reading!

Please don't hate me but...I really didn't like this book because of Camilla! I basically gave it 3 stars for Warren! There wasn't really anything special or different for me in this story that would make me want to read this book again. I felt the first half dragged, then it got a little interesting and then I just got really mad at Camilla the who
Michelle
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Can we all just take a moment to drool over that cover?

I don’t think I’ve come across a book from Claire Contreras that I haven’t thoroughly enjoyed, but there was something about The Player that was just sexy.

Warren Silva is at the top of his career. He’s a big deal in the soccer world (I know, I know they call it football...) and he’s returning to New York to tend to some family matters and business, taking a much overdue vacation.

Enter Camila, the stunning, money-challenged woman who finds
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
***** 5 STARS *****

This is by far one of the best love stories

The Player is a story that takes you on a journey of two people who truly connect with each other.

Camila is a strong women who doesn't even realize her own strength. She is passionate about her family, community, and work. She is selfless and brave.

Warren is more humble than he realizes yet very comfortable with himself. He's one of the world's highest paid football stars living in the UK.

You can feel the chemistry from this two fro
Wil Loves Books!
Oh man, I would love to say that I loved every single thing about this book but I didn't. The entire time I felt like something was missing but I was liking it for the most part until about 90%, Camila's hard to get game got old and her refusal to compromise put me off, so did the "grand gesture".
This is still an author that I adore and I will still buy and promote her books every single time.
So, that's all I'm going to say about this one.
Claire Contreras
Sep 26, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Pre-order available:

iBooks ➺ http://bit.ly/ThePlayeriBooks
B&N ➺ http://bit.ly/THEPLAYERBN
Kobo ➺ http://bit.ly/THEPLAYERKOBO
Google Play ➺ http://bit.ly/THEPLAYERGOOGLEPLAY
Amazon ➺ Ebook link will be available ON October 10th.

Paperbacks:
Amazon ➺ http://bit.ly/TPPaperback
BooksaMillion ➺ http://bit.ly/THEPLAYERBOOKSAMILLION
BarnesnNoble ➺ http://bit.ly/BNPAPERBACK
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
2.5 - Stars

Our heroine is Camila, aka Peach, aka Rocky, aka whatever other nicknames they decide to add. She is poor and not looking for a relationship.

Warren is a rich soccer player who has had his heart broken. But then he sees Camila and has to have her....

She's nothing like any other girl he's met/screwed/dated.

No, she's not like Elena, even though they are/were both poor.

She would never hurt him like Elena did. She is a game changer.

And he proceeds to turn into a puss b/c he's so head o
Fabi
This one initially caught my eye because I like sports romance in general with football (soccer) in particular. But I honestly wasn't in a big hurry to read it. I mean, there's lots of these around right?

Then, I was offered a Kindle loan which allowed me to buy the Audible version at a discounted price and all of a sudden things were just falling into place.

Zachary Webber is one of my very favorite narrators. Turns out he partnered with Megan Rising for this novel. So now I'm squeeing just a li
Unapologetic Roma...: Contreras, Claire // The Player 3 18 Nov 28, 2018 09:40PM
Turning Pages At ...: The Player by Claire Contreras 12 18 Nov 15, 2016 01:12PM

• Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)
  • I Promise You
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • The Rivals
  • The Invitation
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Not-Outcast
  • The Baller
  • Bad Boss (Irresistible #2)
  • Not My Match (The Game Changers, #2)
  • The Player (The Player, #1)
  • Happily Letter After
  • Inappropriate
  • To Love Jason Thorn
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
  • Rich Prick
Claire Contreras is a New York Times Best Selling Author who traded her psychology degree to write fiction. Don’t worry, she still uses her knowledge on every single one of her characters.

She’s a breast cancer survivor (x2), who was born in the Dominican Republic, raised in Florida, and currently resides in Charlotte, NC with her husband, two adorable boys, and French bulldog.

Her books range fro