Start by marking “Mister Impossible (Dreamer Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mister Impossible (Dreamer Trilogy, #2)

Mister Impossible

(Dreamer Trilogy #2)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  13,057 ratings  ·  3,003 reviews
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Raven Boys, a mesmerizing story of dreams and desires, death and destiny.

Something is happening to the source of the dreamers' power. It is blocked. Diminished. Weak. If it goes away entirely, what will happen to the dreamers and those who depend on them?

Ronan Lynch isn't planning to wait and find out. Backed by his ment
Published May 18th 2021 by Scholastic Press

A ​Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. MaasRule of Wolves by Leigh BardugoChain of Iron by Cassandra ClareThe ​Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. ArmentroutEmpire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff
Can't Wait Books of 2021
1,161 books — 2,499 voters
Rule of Wolves by Leigh BardugoChain of Iron by Cassandra ClareLore by Alexandra BrackenWe Free the Stars by Hafsah FaizalWings of Ebony by J. Elle
YA Novels of 2021
789 books — 2,699 voters

More lists with this book...

·  13,057 ratings  ·  3,003 reviews

Start your review of Mister Impossible (Dreamer Trilogy, #2)
Tara ☽
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pls just let Ronan Lynch live out his gay cottagecore dreams
chai ♡
Imagine someone asking you, "what are you reading?" and you have to sigh and mumble: "... Mister Impossible."
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
chief called and said this was it:
gansey, blue and ronan visiting adam wearing "harvard mom" shirts.

Stiefvater... please
Flor
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
*4.75

Before reading it: ADAM PLEASE ANSWER THE GODDAMN PHONE

After reading it: what the actual f just happened?
Lauren Lanz
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me preface by mentioning: this review is going to be a very passionate mess. Miss Stiefvater did not come to play—yet play with my emotions she sure did.

“Your Boyfriend Called, He Thinks You’ve Joined a Cult, Please Advise.”

I tremble before middle books in trilogies. They tend to be the “I-will-not-hesitate-to-ruin-everything-and-everyone-you-love” instalments.
Mister Impossible left me bordering on unhinged; I’ve been so swiftly mindfucked by this book that—upon finishing the last page—
Phia
Nov 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
please ma'am,,,,can I have,,,,an Adam Parrish perspective? ...more
julia
Nov 09, 2020 rated it liked it
“what fresh hell is this title?” gansey asked pleasantly.
Maggie Stiefvater
Nov 10, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Pre-order FAQ:

Release date: 5/18/21

Signed copies: every copy pre-ordered from One More Page Books & More is signed and comes with exclusive art (personalization is also possible): https://www.shoponemorepage.com/maggi...

Doodled copies: I debated this a long time. My heart said yes, my hand said no. Sorry, guys.
Owlcrate box & UK Covers: these are publisher decisions so I don’t know yet, but I’ll let you know when I do.

I really love this book and this insane series where I get to do what I want, s
Unknown Reviews
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5

After not being the biggest “Call Down The Hawk” fan, I was a little sceptical about continuing this series. Stiefvater’s legendary writing and wit propped up a book that contained what I felt had no plot and little characterisation. What’s nice about Mister Impossible is that it’s (a) another Maggie Stiefvater book and (b) everything’s back on track. Well, nearly everything.

After escaping the clutches of the Moderators, Bryde, Hennessy and Ronan are on the run, testing their dreaming abilit
emma
I have an enemy on the loose.

You see, my favorite YA series ended, and then it got a spinoff, like a beautiful wonderful gift from the gods specifically designed to help me, personally, avoid the worst part of life: endings.

And the spinoff, sure, followed my least favorite characters and had an awful title and an even worse cover, but then somehow I loved it.

And then it got a sequel!

And yes, the sequel had the worst title and cover I have experienced in my short life, making the last book seem
Sahil Javed
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mister Impossible takes place after the events of Call Down the Hawk, where Ronan and Hennessy, along with the mysterious Bryde, escape the clutches of the Moderators. As they tap deeper into the power of the ley lines in order to make Dreamers stronger, the lines blur and it becomes more and more difficult to answer the ultimate question of all: will the Dreamers save the world, or will they destroy it?
“Watching the black-feathered bird rise above the three of them in this strange warm
— nova
ok. what the fuck

this was great, don't get me wrong. definitely five stars. but WHAT!!!!! i have so many feelings.

i keep sitting down to write an actual review but my brain is just !!!!!!!!!!
need more time to process. and maybe a reread.
luce (currently recovering from a hiatus)
blogthestorygraphletterboxd tumblrko-fi

“Your Boyfriend Called, He Thinks You’ve Joined a Cult, Please Advise.”

A brief summary: Mister Impossible = 300 pages or so of mindfuckery
Mister Impossible may be Stiefvater's trickiest novel. I inhaled it in just a day and part of me knows that I need to re-read in order to truly absorb everything that went down. This is the kind of novel that leaves you feeling pretty devastated. It seemed like nothing and everything was happening. Plot-
Mara YA Mood Reader
7/12/2021: This was the most UN-Stiefvater book I’ve ever read by Stiefvater. 3 stars.

2/4/2020 Just finished Call Down the Hawk so now I’m sitting here staring at the title-less, cover-less sequel wanting more. More Lynch, more Lynch brothers, more Pynch 😭

12/28/2019
Cover, cover will you be prettier than your older sibling?
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLL??!!!
*spits out coffee and hyperventilates*

How could I miss that this has a title, release date and even a cover?!!!

Also how did we get from “Call Down the Hawk” to “Mister Impossible”??!!
I’m a mixture of happy and confused now and I’m not sure which emotion will win.

Just ignore me while I lose my .... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

(to be continued)
Brittni Kristine
Aug 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This series was made for me. This is one of those series that makes me think I should never take a crack at writing one of my own, because the best of the best already exists.

That said, I’m sure it’s not for everyone. I think some people could get annoyed with the flowery writing and the constant changing of the worlds “rules”. But I’m not annoyed. I’m in awe.

As the series continues, I have zero qualms about my raven boys inspired tattoo.
Hussein Baher
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbtqa, fantasy, 2-stars, 2021
*sigh*
Elisa
May 30, 2021 rated it it was ok

This book took a long time to find its way. Far too long, honestly.
Most of it is convoluted, pretentious, repetitive, and sorry to say, but truly: emo to excess, to the point of being unfocused and void of identity.

The character arcs aren’t well developed so everything that happens feels random and pulled out of a hat (not to say other places). More specifically, this trilogy was presented as a Lynch brothers-focused, and especially Ronan-focused spin-off, but his character arc is the worst
Mariah
How in the fuck does one rate this???
It was very good. I hated it.

Okay. I'm going to woman up and say it. This read like 340 pages of filler.

I enjoyed it and it wasn't boring (which was my main issue with CDTH).
The prose was trademark Maggie Stiefvater wonderfulness.
I like Declan Lynch now. That's a thing.
A Matthew Lynch POV?? We're not worthy.

But like. (view spoiler)
I feel
lucius
Dec 11, 2019 marked it as wishlist
well... i guess maggie let Opal binge watch the mission impossible movies and then let her chose the title...

don't get me wrong i love the title, it's just a little bit funny

may-18-2021 update
IT'S OOOOOOUTTTTT
i'll try to get it late this week so i'll have to avoid the spoilers like the matrix gang avoids bullets lol
here's the drawing i made to celebrate the release

friendly reminder that i'm an artist and post my bookish art on instagram and twitter as @cuckooisdrawing !!
cameron
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-releases
ok- its not out yet so i’m not going to say too much about my thoughts.
i did really enjoy this, even though i’m like 98% sure that nothing happened the entire book lmao
MATTHEW SUPREMACY AS ALWAYS!!
and now i will sit here in distress knowing i have to wait 18 months for the next one. i love this universe and the love i have for ronan is undying wbk.
Dorian Haviliard♕
Nov 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
Imagine going to the library and having to ask for MiStEr ImPoSsIbLe
ari
Nov 09, 2020 marked it as to-read
this is the worst fucking book title i’ve ever seen maggie sweetie what were you thinkin
Rox
Oct 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
I still get chills whenever I see "Ronan-centered" ...more
Maxwell
Mar 04, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I went in with low expectations because I didn’t love Call Down the Hawk. But based on the ending of book 1 I saw potential for this series to improve and WOW did it ever. This was far better than I could’ve imagined and recaptured some of that feeling I had while reading The Raven Cycle.

I won’t say much about this book because it is the 2nd in a series, but this book truly gave me *feels* which is not something I usually experience while reading. I care so much about Ronan and all the people
Arianna
Nov 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: need-in-my-life
Things I need to know/happen in this book:

(view spoiler)
jv poore
Dec 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
I believe it's safe to say that most of my Goodreads friends know I'm going to review every Maggie Stiefvater book I read. After all, I'm her #1 Fan in Richmond.

But, this one is hard. Or maybe it's just me, since I'm stuck on several different reviews right now. Book-Review-Writer's-Block?

RTC
Rosie  Henry
i don’t know what to think?

1st read 05/18/21 -
i have never been so shook in my entire life i’m shaking i think i’m going to throw up
Lisazj1
3.5 stars. I don't even know what to say. And if I don't have words *cause usually I have too many*, it's not good.

Maggie Stiefvater's terrific writing and magical story is all there but it's all awful. Everything that happens left me sad and hollow. For everybody, in one way or other.

Now I wait. And trust the author to fix all this. *side-eyes MS 😒*

Antonia
Oct 31, 2021 rated it it was ok
“It doesn't matter how you got here. You are here.”

nice recommendation if you ever want to see your favorite character become a selfish dickhead just because of his daddy issues.

this book made me realize how much of the quality about The Raven Cycle series was only about the characters and not about the stories. 'cause i didn't like how the characters acted in here and i immediately hated the whole book. hate might be a strong word but i very much disliked it. the story was boring for the most

• A River Called Time
  • The Tyrant’s Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets (Enola Holmes, #3)
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • The Case of the Left-Handed Lady (Enola Holmes, #2)
  • All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team
  • The Mysterious Disappearance of Aidan S. (as told to his brother)
  • The Case of the Peculiar Pink Fan (Enola Holmes, #4)
  • The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline (Enola Holmes, #5)
  • The Case of the Gypsy Good-Bye (Enola Holmes, #6)
  • The Dig
  • A History of What Comes Next (Take Them to the Stars, #1)
  • Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World
  • Not Your Sidekick (Sidekick Squad, #1)
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
  • Goldenhand (Abhorsen, #5)
See top shelves…
New York Times bestselling author of The Shiver Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, and The Scorpio Races. Artist. Driver of things with wheels. Avid reader.

Maggie Stiefvater plays several musical instruments (most infamously, the bagpipes) and makes art in several media (most generally, colored pencils).

She lives in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia with her husband, their two children, many dogs, a bunch

Dreamer Trilogy (3 books)
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Greywaren (Dreamer Trilogy, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Looking for some out-of-this-world reading this summer? Then we suggest taking a peek at these highly anticipated young adult books, all...
“Self-hatred is an expensive hobby paid for by other people.” 28 likes
“By the time we’re married,” Declan said eventually, “I want you to have applied for a different studio in this place because this man’s paintings are very ugly.”

Her pulse gently skipped two beats before continuing on as before. “I don’t have a social security number of my own, Pozzi.”

“I’ll buy you one,” Declan said. “You can wear it in place of a ring.”
26 likes