Start by marking “Zombie Ocean Box Set: Books 1-3” as Want to Read:
Zombie Ocean Box Set: Books 1-3

Zombie Ocean Box Set: Books 1-3

(Last Mayor #1-3)

7 billion zombies. No hope left. Would you survive?

This box set includes the first three books in the Zombie Ocean series, with over 750 pages (250,000 words) of uniquely original post-apocalyptic survival adventure.

The Last

When the zombie apocalypse hits America, not a soul is left alive.
Except Amo. He's a comic book artist. He's a video game world builder. He's just a re
Published March 17th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Ocean Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Ocean Box Set

ROB!
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
book 1: Quite an easy read except for the queasy parts which I almost had to put down! The story leaves some unanswered questions, and lends itself to more books, which I hope he writes soon! I was surprised by the plot twists; it seemed so simple at first! Interesting to wonder what I would do if I found myself in the main character's situation: the last man alive in a city full of zombies!!

book 2: The Lost expands on the first Zombie Ocean book, The Last, offering us a broader perspective, and
Talena Colley
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

This series will be like no other that you have read thus far in this genre. Grist has imagination and originality that is uncommon when writing a Zombie Apocalypse book. There is only so much a writer can do in this genre, yet Grist has gone well beyond the boundaries in this tale. I have read so many of this kind that its a rare and wondrous treat when I find myself saying aloud, "What the check just happened?" I had many of those moments as I read each book. I'm not going to give an
Tere Fredericks
Three Books in a Series

Usually means a continuing story. This, however takes three individuals and tells those stories with the same background. Utterly fantastic. You come to care about each, and how their stories mesh with the underlying truth. I literally couldn't put it down. (A broken ankle and no sleep helped!) I cannot wait until I read the next one. What a Zombie Ocean is makes perfect sense in these books. I said recently I hate zombie stories. These are three more I've read since then,
Katy
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for all sci fi fans. The zombie apocalypse has happened but all is not as it seems. Spanning from the very beginning to nearly ten years later you'll be gripped throughout. There are plenty of twists to keep you guessing. Also book four The Loss is out. Get all four and settle in for a marathon. You want want to stop until the end. I was lucky enough to receive advance review copies of all four books and can't wait for the next. Also if you like fantasy check out the ignifer cycle al ...more
Kimberly C. Winslow
Unique Series!

Well thought out, creative, action packed, good characters! Great for readers that enjoy apocalyptic, zombie, alien, government conspiracy, end of the world genres! Satisfying read and I binge read books 1-3 and look forward to plowing through book 4!
Marinda
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome story

This isn't your average zombie series. Amo was a graphic artist until a year ago when he went into a coma for two weeks and died several times. Now he has migraines and lots of other brain problems. Due to this he is told by his doctor to avoid any stimulation to give his brain time to heal.
Cerulean was a diver heading for the Olympics when his coma struck. He was about to do a high level dive, fell off the side and landed half in the pool and half on the concrete severing his spine
Ceh131973
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read these books usually as ARC from the author. I fell behind on my reviews but you can frind in this blog reviews for these three books separately.

If you like zombies(and who doesn't?) you really need to read the Zombie Ocean series by Michael John Grist. His characters are well developed and the plot od not your typical zombie eating brains. In fact his books are more a commentary on human nature than zombie killing. I was hooked from Book 1:The Last and I am still hooked after Book 7: The
London  D.  King
Diverse zombie tale

I really loved the diversity in these books and the storyline was so fascinating but I just found it to be long, drawn out, and boring. There weren't many spelling or grammar errors so for those who need every single little thing detailed thoroughly in your novels, these books will be great for you. For me, I started to lose interest and skip through pages and somehow still managed to figure out what was going on. I wish much success to the author!
Nicole Burns
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
l was really able to get into this book. it had everything I could hope for in a book series. could hardly put it down.
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! Not your average zombie story. Each book is in another character's point of view, so you get to see different perspectives throughout the apocalypse, yet they all merge together, so you still get to see your favorite characters again. Nothing is what you expect. Great series.
Susan Strauss
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
In the first book ... The Last .... we meet Amo, a comic book writer/lover who has survived the Zombie Apocalypse. He calls himself, humorously, the LMA or Last Mayor of America. He feels that he is alone ..... with 7 billion zombies. Will he survive??? He travels across the U.S. to California never expecting his travels to take on such an immensely chaotic ride. From killing zombies to becoming their friends - YES, FRIENDS! - and meeting other survivors who will become part of his 'family'. He ...more
Nichole
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Addicting

While this book needs some improvement, I'm giving it 5 stars. I could NOT put this down! I found myself sneaking off to read a chapter to find out what was going to happen next - three books in and I need more!
Karen
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first zombie experience. I'm not sure what drew me in, I just know that after the first few chapters I was hooked.
The characters you meet in the story become family, friends. You race to read the story to see what happens next. When you think you know what's going on and how the first book will end, the author shows his genius and sets you up for books 2 and 3.
By now you must continue with the entire series. This is an amazing story that keeps you up nights trying to find out what
Nancy Schober
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
for the first book:

Can a zombie book be uplifting? Positive? Non-violent? Yes! Yes! It most certainly can. After reading so many dystopian tales that are in love with describing the power and minute details of it's weapons armory it was so refreshing to finally find one that wasn't like that.

While the second two books were well written they were faaaaar too dark for my taste. the violence gore and horror more than made up for the rosy bits in the first book.
Steven Kenny
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i have always liked zombie series where over the course of the books you get to know each charecter a little better some of which you like some not so much in this instance most of the charecters seem to grow on you through the course of the books and the action scenes with amo seem as if they could be strait out of a rambo film he definetely knows his way around a gun or 2 anyway this is the first three books which is great value wherever you get them
Becky Seelentag
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't write many book reviews, but I had to with this one. Amazingly unique take on the zombie apocalypse. Well developed characters that you really care about. I actually cried at the end of book one, something no zombie book has ever made me do. And while I got the box set for free, I will definitely be buying books 4 and 5.
Rebecca Mark
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such an awesome take on the normal apocalypse books. I can't say much without giving things away but I loved it! I finished book 3 and immediately went to start book 4. Gotta find out what happens next!!!! So intense. I highly recommend starting this series. You won't be disappointed!
Rbjumbob
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian
Excellent writing. The character development was quite good. If you were placed in the End of the World As We No It, with almost no survivors how would you hold up from a psychological point of view. This was a well writen look at how it might be under these conditions.
Joe Hudson
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A startling and fresh look at the zombie apocalypse.

It is an incredibly unique and inventive view of the zombie apocalypse as seen through the eyes of the protagonists. A wonderful RollerCoaster ride of emotion that leaves the reader wanting more!
Debbbysworld
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story line, but very repetitious...

Good baseline story, but the repetition was boring. I will purchase the next book in the series to see who is really behind the demons.
Paul Smith
Nov 24, 2016
Eden
Dec 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Even Zombie Killers Get The Blues (Zombie Killer Blues, #1)
  • Destroyer / Dead Fire (Slow Burn, #3-4)
  • Cloud Invasion (R-D, #2)
  • Frayed (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #9)
  • Swarm
  • Zombie Maelstrom
  • Only The Dead Live Forever (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #3)
  • Carnage (Arisen #12)
  • Those Who Remain
  • Rise of the Undead (End Times, #1)
  • ORIGINS (The Dead Years 0.5)
  • Zomblog: The Final Entry (Zomblog, #3)
  • Year One (Living with the Dead #1-2)
  • Happy Snak
  • The Pimpernel Plot (Time Wars, #3)
  • Snatchers
  • Desolation
  • Red River (Tent City #2)
Michael John Grist is a British/American author and ruins photographer who lives in London, UK. He writes dark and weird science fiction and fantasy books, such as the fantasy novel Ignifer’s Rise and the SF series The Ruins Sonata.

For 11 years he lived in Tokyo exploring Japan’s modern ruins, such as abandoned theme parks, military bases, and ghost towns, gaining millions of hits on this website

Last Mayor (9 books)
  • The Last (Zombie Ocean, #1)
  • The Lost (Zombie Ocean, #2)
  • The Least (Zombie Ocean, #3)
  • The Loss (Zombie Ocean, #4)
  • The List (Zombie Ocean, #5)
  • The Laws (Zombie Ocean, #6)
  • The Lash (Zombie Ocean #7)
  • The Lies (Zombie Ocean #8)
  • The Light (Last Mayor #9)