Start by marking “The Unmumsy Mum Diary” as Want to Read:
The Unmumsy Mum Diary

The Unmumsy Mum Diary

The Unmumsy Mum Diary is as honest as it is hilarious and a peek into the innermost thoughts of the nation's favourite mum blogger will leave you in no doubt that, on those days when you feel you are not quite cut out for the job, you are most definitely not alone.

In The Unmumsy Mum Diary Sarah shares with us a year in her life as a mum, wife, blogger and bestselling autho

Published February 23rd 2017 by Transworld Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Unmumsy Mum Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unmumsy Mum Diary

Start your review of The Unmumsy Mum Diary
Lyndsay
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eeeek! I'd heard such good things about the Unmumsy Mum and was excited to sit down with this book. Unfortunately, it fell completely flat. I had one laugh out loud moment and that was reading a story written by a social media follower of the author.

The book just felt like one big (long) whinge. I know it's supposed to be a candid look at parenthood and so I absolutely didn't pick this book up expecting sunshine and flowers. For me, however, the writing wasn't particularly clever or funny nor a
Lauren
Jul 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Against my better judgement I picked this up to force myself to read something “more lighthearted”. Sadly, Stephen King makes me laugh out loud more than this did. Disappointed, I really wanted to love this.
Melanie Third
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved it. wish it didnt end.
Gemma Birkett
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious! I laughed until I cried. This book is so relatable and real, every Mum should read this.
I hope there is going to be a 3rd Unmumsy Mum book!
Stacey Banks
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks Sarah, you make me feel a whole lot better about my efforts at motherhood. Also, I'm totally with you regarding Christmas!
Jade
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
As a newish Mum I read this book for a bit of comradery with those who’ve also recently turned their lives up on their arses in the name of little person love. Unfortunately what I totally forgot was that such a book would also include someone else ranting and wingeing about their own selfish little buggers during the small minute part of the day when I might actually get a moment for a bit of escapism. What ensued was that after reading the first couple of chapters (bear in mind Sara is further ...more
Katherine Andrews
Loved this so much. I love the way she writes, and that she's brave enough to lay out all her innermost fears and fuck ups! Read it as the mum of a newborn and laughed a lot st all the things I know I'm also going to try, and fail, to be as a mother (though slightly worried by her experience of trying to work from home with toddlers, doesn't bode well for me). Will definite read her other books now.
Novelle Novels
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 out of 5 stars
I loved this book so much and so glad I picked it up on audiobook book. It’s so real that so many of the things that happen to her you remember happening at least once if you are a mum. The way the author includes her husband is done so well that it’s helpful having the dads perspective on parenthood. This is a very well rounded book, it only looses half a star as there is nothing that jumps out. Every mum would enjoy this book.
Sandra
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read to the end in the hope it would improve, no such luck!!!! The only time I laughed was when reading comments from other mums!! Time I won't get back.
Lou Nixon
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Sooo easy to read and sooo relatable. Love how down to earth she is. This book makes me feel normal!!
Kelly
I loved how honest and relatable this diary was, it made me feel a heck of a lot better about myself as a parent. There were times when I laughed and read parts out to my husband- hello Willy song - and parts where I had a bit of a lump in my throat. It was a good read.

However, I felt like it was too controlled and edited. I wanted to feel the extremes of parenting emotions and I don't think that came across in the diary. There were times when things were written or phrased in a certain way and
Ella
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I laughed, I cried, I smiled and nodded along, especially thinking about the impending arrival of Wilf 😆
Louise Douglas
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
‘Reading’ this book as an audio book was such a good choice – except for the fact that I found myself laughing to myself like a loon on my morning walks. Partly because some of the stories in the book were so funny, but partly because all I could think about was how awkward it must have been to record the audio version with sound engineers and other people looking on.

I read another Unmumsy book last year, and while I’m not the target demographic (not a mum), there were so many parts that were re
Book-Social
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I just loved reading Sarah’s first outing, The Unmumsy Mum published in 2016. It was original, funny and I really connected to Sarah’s tales of giving birth, coping with a new born and dealing with mum shaming. A few years on my youngest has started school, nappies are a thing of the past (thank God) and we are starting to experience a slight sense of freedom that comes with having a toddler/baby free house. Nevertheless I picked up this second book with excitement as after all, Sarah’s children ...more
Claire
I’ve followed The Unmumsy Mum on social media for a while and picked up her book up on a bit of a whim. I say whim, what I mean is Amazon had it cheaper than the e-book and I love a good bargain.

So much of Sarah’s life resonated with me as a mum of two boys just like Sarah (well she had two but as you’ll see by her bio she’s got three now!). At points I was sat nodding my head (the kitchen planning), giggling (The Willy Show) and then there was the fallic mushrooms….it’s like she’s read my mind,
Megan Jones
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Unmumsy Mum has written the next instalment of her life as a mum to two boys, detailing motherhood as she finds it to be. Her words have made people everywhere laugh and cry in equal measure. In 'The Unmumsy Mum Diary' we are treated to a year in the life of Sarah Turner. Turner documents the good days and the bad days, the giggles and the tantrums. Included are poignant, life-changing moments from the year such as her eldest son starting school.
Again, I am reading this for entertainment an
Lisa
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
It took me awhile to read this book, and there was a period of time where it was left unread on my bedside table. I loved Sarah’s previous book, but for me this one wasn’t quite as good.

When I finally sat down to read the last few months entries, that’s when I started to appreciate the book for what it was. A diary, not a tips and tricks book, or a book with how everyday situations are handled in an honest and funny way like the previous book.

This book has a lot of funny moments and honesty in i
Teri
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was not only an honest telling of motherhood, including both the good and the bad, but also just a well written book. There are plenty of books out right now that are funny, but lack any insight beyond their sarcastic comments. This book is hilarious and at some point has things worded in such a perfect way that it is just spot on insightful. I would love to share with everyone some examples of this, but I listened to the audiobook while I was working and convinced myself that I'd be a ...more
Alyce Hunt
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another stellar release from The Unmumsy Mum. Sharing a year in her life through some sporadic diary entries, I was glad to see that all of the big events weren't delved into in as much detail as some people were probably expecting - if it's one thing I've learnt as a mum, it's that the big things live on in your memory but you'll never have time to commit them in intricate detail onto the page (no matter how hard you try).

Following Henry's first days at school and Sarah's transition into life
Elisabeth Davey
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've had this book on my kindle list for a while. I don't know why I didn't read it sooner. I've binged it in two days (in between parenting my own 5 year old and life admin). There were some funny looks from my hubby when I was giggle-snorting over various parts.
Things I have learned from this book and my own (similar) parenting experience.
1. Kids and public toilets. Unavoidable, but no. Just no.
2. Whenever you plan something nice and try to have a 'family day', it will inevitably go to pot!
Kim
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carla
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book with some definite laugh out loud moments. It's a very relatable book for those with kids of a certain age and its great to have something to read that doesn't dictate how a parent should parent. It gives you a year in the life of a parent with all the good bits and all the bad bits. Parent books have long sugar coated how amazing being a parent is when the reality is very different. This book along with the blog and first book show you what that reality is and trust me it bites at ti ...more
Jo Fountain
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This lady is truely a breath of fresh air. Down to earth, true to life parenting...none of this online pretentious sh**/bumph of FAKE PERFECT parenting, (just like RUTH) 😉
As with the first book I laughed until my sides hurt but I also cried too. My 4 boys are all grown up now but makes memories flood back in and even at my age of 52 makes my ovaries plead to be used again but then any mention of being woken in the night reminds me of how hard those early baby days are!!!
Looking forward to her
Nicola Longmore
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great easy read

I haven't yet read Sarah's first book so cannot really compare the two but I decided to buy this one on a whim after following her on Facebook for some time. It's a really easy and funny read, some of the stories have genuinely made me laugh out loud and I'd definitely recommend this to any parent. Ill certainly be buying her first book to give that a try too.

Ruth 😆
Maarja
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I laughed. I cried. I grimaced. I nodded. A lot. Most of all I felt kinship, because this book contains lot of the things mothers go through at one point or another.

If you would like a quick read about someone else's parenting and life, pick this one up and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Therese
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another funny, easy-to-read, relatable book from Sarah Turner! Not much to say about this other than it's literally a diary that she wrote out over the year 2016 of a day in the life of her experiences as a mom to her two young boys and the usual raw honesty that we've all come to love and expect from her.
Kristina
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I follow Sarah on Instagram and Facebook but haven't read her first book (yet!). This popped up as available on my Libby library app and I thought I'd give it a squiz. So glad it was Easter weekend so I could inhale the book while my husband entertained our son otherwise I may have been guilty of neglect!
Leanne Keenoo
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I ‘follow’ Sarah, the author of this book on Instagram and her posts really make me laugh so I knew I would like this book.
Basically it’s a diary of a year in the life of a working mum to 2 young boys.
Funny, honest, realistic and insightful. Sarah has a brilliant writing style and sense of humour and reading this brought back many happy memories of when my children were small.
pippa murphy
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous, a laugh out loud book.

It's like reading my life told by another. Funny,heart warming, I laughed out loud to slouching this book. Definitely worth a read by fellow parents!!!!
Toni J Beacock
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this woman

Such a witty book full of parenting highs and lows. I particularly enjoyed the Mr Unmumsy mum section which I made my husband read to. Hilarious! Thank you so much for another laugh out loud book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Part-Time Working Mummy: A Patchwork Life
  • Why Mummy Drinks
  • Man vs. Toddler: The Trials and Triumphs of Toddlerdom
  • Hard Pushed: A Midwife’s Story
  • Why Mummy Doesn’t Give a ****!
  • The Organised Mum Method: Transform your home in 30 minutes a day
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • From Mum With Love
  • The Organised Mum Method: Rock the housework and transform your home in 30 minutes a day
  • Absolutely Smashing It