Start by marking “The Unmumsy Mum Diary” as Want to Read:
The Unmumsy Mum Diary

The Unmumsy Mum Diary

She's back! The Unmumsy Mum has put pen to paper (or fingers to the keyboard!) once more to bring you the next instalment of her life as mum to two young boys, documenting motherhood exactly as she finds it. Her words have made mums, dads and grandparents everywhere laugh and cry in equal measure.

In The Unmumsy Mum Diary Sarah shares with us a year in her life as a mum, w

Published February 23rd 2017 by Transworld Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Unmumsy Mum Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unmumsy Mum Diary

Gemma Birkett
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely hilarious! I laughed until I cried. This book is so relatable and real, every Mum should read this.
I hope there is going to be a 3rd Unmumsy Mum book!
Lauren May
Jul 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Against my better judgement I picked this up to force myself to read something “more lighthearted”. Sadly, Stephen King makes me laugh out loud more than this did. Disappointed, I really wanted to love this.
Melanie Third
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
loved it. wish it didnt end.
Jade
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
As a newish Mum I read this book for a bit of comradery with those who’ve also recently turned their lives up on their arses in the name of little person love. Unfortunately what I totally forgot was that such a book would also include someone else ranting and wingeing about their own selfish little buggers during the small minute part of the day when I might actually get a moment for a bit of escapism. What ensued was that after reading the first couple of chapters (bear in mind Sara is further ...more
Lou Nixon
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Sooo easy to read and sooo relatable. Love how down to earth she is. This book makes me feel normal!!
Lyndsay
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eeeek! I'd heard such good things about the Unmumsy Mum and was excited to sit down with this book. Unfortunately, it fell completely flat. I had one laugh out loud moment and that was reading a story written by a social media follower of the author.

The book just felt like one big (long) whinge. I know it's supposed to be a candid look at parenthood and so I absolutely didn't pick this book up expecting sunshine and flowers. For me, however, the writing wasn't particularly clever or funny nor a
Katherine Andrews
Loved this so much. I love the way she writes, and that she's brave enough to lay out all her innermost fears and fuck ups! Read it as the mum of a newborn and laughed a lot st all the things I know I'm also going to try, and fail, to be as a mother (though slightly worried by her experience of trying to work from home with toddlers, doesn't bode well for me). Will definite read her other books now.
Sandra
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read to the end in the hope it would improve, no such luck!!!! The only time I laughed was when reading comments from other mums!! Time I won't get back.
Claire
I’ve followed The Unmumsy Mum on social media for a while and picked up her book up on a bit of a whim. I say whim, what I mean is Amazon had it cheaper than the e-book and I love a good bargain.

So much of Sarah’s life resonated with me as a mum of two boys just like Sarah (well she had two but as you’ll see by her bio she’s got three now!). At points I was sat nodding my head (the kitchen planning), giggling (The Willy Show) and then there was the fallic mushrooms….it’s like she’s read my mind,
Megan Jones
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Unmumsy Mum has written the next instalment of her life as a mum to two boys, detailing motherhood as she finds it to be. Her words have made people everywhere laugh and cry in equal measure. In 'The Unmumsy Mum Diary' we are treated to a year in the life of Sarah Turner. Turner documents the good days and the bad days, the giggles and the tantrums. Included are poignant, life-changing moments from the year such as her eldest son starting school.
Again, I am reading this for entertainment an
Teri
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was not only an honest telling of motherhood, including both the good and the bad, but also just a well written book. There are plenty of books out right now that are funny, but lack any insight beyond their sarcastic comments. This book is hilarious and at some point has things worded in such a perfect way that it is just spot on insightful. I would love to share with everyone some examples of this, but I listened to the audiobook while I was working and convinced myself that I'd be a ...more
Carla
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book with some definite laugh out loud moments. It's a very relatable book for those with kids of a certain age and its great to have something to read that doesn't dictate how a parent should parent. It gives you a year in the life of a parent with all the good bits and all the bad bits. Parent books have long sugar coated how amazing being a parent is when the reality is very different. This book along with the blog and first book show you what that reality is and trust me it bites at ti ...more
Nicola Longmore
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great easy read

I haven't yet read Sarah's first book so cannot really compare the two but I decided to buy this one on a whim after following her on Facebook for some time. It's a really easy and funny read, some of the stories have genuinely made me laugh out loud and I'd definitely recommend this to any parent. Ill certainly be buying her first book to give that a try too.

Ruth 😆
Therese
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another funny, easy-to-read, relatable book from Sarah Turner! Not much to say about this other than it's literally a diary that she wrote out over the year 2016 of a day in the life of her experiences as a mom to her two young boys and the usual raw honesty that we've all come to love and expect from her.
Leanne Keenoo
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I ‘follow’ Sarah, the author of this book on Instagram and her posts really make me laugh so I knew I would like this book.
Basically it’s a diary of a year in the life of a working mum to 2 young boys.
Funny, honest, realistic and insightful. Sarah has a brilliant writing style and sense of humour and reading this brought back many happy memories of when my children were small.
Kristina
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I follow Sarah on Instagram and Facebook but haven't read her first book (yet!). This popped up as available on my Libby library app and I thought I'd give it a squiz. So glad it was Easter weekend so I could inhale the book while my husband entertained our son otherwise I may have been guilty of neglect!
Maarja
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I laughed. I cried. I grimaced. I nodded. A lot. Most of all I felt kinship, because this book contains lot of the things mothers go through at one point or another.

If you would like a quick read about someone else's parenting and life, pick this one up and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Mrs Joy E Connell
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable

Just what ever parent should read. The complete reality of parenting whilst offering humour throughout. Such an easy read too, ideal for when up with the youngest during a night feed.
Penni Hollins
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant! I actually feel like I’m doing a good job of bringing up my daughter and it’s so nice to see that I’m a normal mum too! I live the honesty in this book and the way in which it is written had me laughing out loud at my desk on my lunch breaks! Can’t wait to read the next one!!
Angela Jeffery
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If your little angels are driving you up the wall, read this! It'll give you a laugh and take your mind off the monotony of parenting for a while if nothing else. Plus, you'll at least be safe in the knowledge that you're not alone.
Toni J Beacock
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this woman

Such a witty book full of parenting highs and lows. I particularly enjoyed the Mr Unmumsy mum section which I made my husband read to. Hilarious! Thank you so much for another laugh out loud book.
Jenni
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
She is brilliant!!!
Alison Loftus
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bloody funny!

Lots of laughs and very relatable. Just as good as her first book that I also loved. Blah blah need to fill the word count
Nancy Chambers
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have just read this and it made me laugh out loud. There are some bits where I was cringing at her honesty, but it was great to realise that other parents journeys have similarities.
Michelle
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Everyday account of motherhood . Amusing read as Sarah has the ability to laugh at
herself and embrace the ups and downs of having children.
Orla Walker
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant read I laughed and cried so true to my life raising two boys.
Amie Wray
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
♥♥♥♥
Daniela
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Light read, good fun
Mehwaesh Islam
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Lots of laughs and very relatable for a newbie mum.
Natalie
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another candid look at parenthood, I can't count the number of times I sat there nodding, and agreeing, and saying yup, been there!!