Start by marking “Avenged (Ruined, #2)” as Want to Read:
Avenged (Ruined, #2)

Avenged

(Ruined #2)

A war that will fuel her. A bond that will destroy her.

Emelina Flores has come home to Ruina. After rescuing her sister, Olivia, from imprisonment in rival kingdom Lera, Em and Olivia together vow to rebuild Ruina to its former glory.

But just because Em and Olivia are out of Lera doesn’t mean they are safe. Their actions over the past year have had consequences, and they
Published May 2nd 2017 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Avenged, please sign up.
Ale Myrs
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Olivia turned to see Em walking to her. Olivia could sense humans and Ruined around her, even at great distance. But not Em. Em wasn't human or Ruined. She was the only person in the world who could sneak up on Olivia.

Yes, the sisters are back. One of them is going a little bit off their rocker so we shall see where that goes in the final book in the trilogy.

AND HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER!

I waited the whole book for someone to kill this evil woman and there were a couple of chances and they didn
Alyssa
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-releases
4.5 stars. Really REALLY good sequel. Dang near perfect (even with the cliffhanger/similar ending to Ruined). Maybe I should round up...

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Avenged by Amy Tintera
Book Two of the Ruined series
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: May 2, 2017
Rating: 5 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

In the sequel to Ruined, the romance of The Selection and the epic stakes of Red Queen come together in a story of revenge, adventure, and unexpected
Candace Robinson
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series!! Cas + Em! My new favorites Aren + Iria. The action is awesome!! Olivia is insane! But I kind of loved some of her lines. The humor is some of the best aspects of this series. So freaking good, and now to wait another year... *sigh*

Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Elena
May 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
It was what she had always wanted.
It did not feel good as she had expected.

This review contains spoilers from the previous book.

This was so boring and I have been left upset and disappointed with the book, myself, and Amy. Nothing really happened until the end. It's pretty common for a book to have a boring beginning, middle, and intense ending. To be honest, personally, I hate those books. I love i
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
How did I forget how much I was enjoying this series after reading Ruined? There are too many fantasy books that replicate each other, but this one is constantly surprising me. I will find myself thinking "Okay...so when the characters get to X, obviously this will happen" and then something will happen that I did not see coming preventing whatever I thought was inevitable from ever happening.

I may have enjoyed Avenged more than it's predecessor. Now here comes the problem with reviewing seque
C.G. Drews
Despite the cover being blue and Em looking 500% different than she did on the front of Ruined...This glorious sequel had NO sequel blues and contained ONLY FANTASTICNESS. I'm so pleased! It reminded me how much I adore this author's style, with the incredibly dry humour and sharp dialogue and characters who will break your heart. Literally tho. This book is super bloody. (But not gory.) Please fall in love at a distance or you're likely to lose your head.

Also I'll admit I didn't have time to re
Nasom
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Full Review

Lol I went to check my friends’ reviews on this and the top 3 are 1 and 2 stars 😩. I’m glad i didn’t check before reading lol. That would have been bad for morale.

Anyways, from my rating, you can tell that i really enjoyed it. There’s just something about this series that satisfies me.

What I liked
- The romance!! I love em and cas so much and reading about them made me so happy. I love how they always randomly find themselves when they get separated ☺

“Maybe ‘coincidence’ is anot
may ❀
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Full review posted!

Sorry, how about NO.

This entire book felt like a fricken FILLER. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS BOOK IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT WHILE I WIPE AWAY MY TEARS OF DISAPPOINTMENT

If I had chosen this book for a school book report, I would have failed bc I cannot highlight WHAT THE HECK THE PLOT WAS. *steps up to the mic very calmly with a straight face* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

description
This was basically me everytime Olivia/Aren/Em/Cas/August spoke

Guys, I literally tried so hard
ambsreads
EDIT 30/05/17: oops.

One word to describe this book?
B O R I N G

Since I'm so behind on reviews I'm just going to give you my thoughts in bullet point format;

- the intensity and greatness that was book one was non existent
- second book syndrome
- olivia is crazy don't even try and tell me she isn't
- aren was boring and gave me major Chaol vibes and that isn't good
- who the fuck were these other characters
- i skimmed a lot
- can't even tell you the ending
- lots of filler stuff
- weird dialogue
Caitlin
4.5 STARS (for now)! I'm not sure whether I want to round up or down so I'll decide that later.

So, I was sitting in my bed on Friday morning and I was scrolling through Instagram when I saw that my local dymocks had early stock in. I instantly screamed and ended up rushing to my store (I was the first in the door at 8:30am and I checked my book out by 8:33am). The lady at the shop was basically as excited as I was and we fangirled about how many good books are coming out - it was great.

Anyways,

“Everyone ran from her now. People whispered her name, as that man had. They said it with fear.
It was what she had always wanted.
It did not feel as good as she had expected.”

This was a YA fantasy sequel which was possibly better than the first book in the series.

Em was once again a strong character in this book, and she really showed how clever she was too. Olivia on the other hand was just crazy, going
Ashley
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This is one of those series that doesn't get enough attention or recognition. And as I read more and more junk books week after week, that makes me really sad. But anyways, I digress. This book is great. This series is great. These characters are great and this world is awesome. I was never bored reading this book, that is so rare.

I really like Em, she doesn't really do stupid things which is so refreshing. Olivia is nuts, but I do love her character. Cas and Aren are so sweet and add so much to
Alaina
THANKS FOR THE BUDDY READ ANDREA

And OMG, I'm still in love with this series. Olivia still scares me shitless. I love Em's friendship with Aren. I will forever ship Em with Cas. I'm still secretly plotting Olivia and August's death for the next book and I also pray that it happens. I won't apologize either.

Okay, so the chemistry between Em and Cas is beyond amazing! I love them so freaking much. I feel bad for her because of how bloodthirsty Olivia is throughout the book because she's batshit cra
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Yesss!! AVENGED is just as good as the first! Of course it ends with a bang! Now what the heck do I do while I wait for book 3???? Argh! Why can't authors have magic and release books back to back? Lol! AVENGED did not disappoint! Huge 5 stars from me!
Andrea
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this reread so much and I really needed it! I can't wait to read Allied in the next week.

Em and Cas are such strong characters and I loved seeing what happened after everything blew up in their faces. Cas has to learn to fight for what he wants since everything he ever wanted was handed to him on a silver platter. Em struggles to learn just how far she'll go for Olivia's bloodthirsty revenge.

Avenged introduces two new perspectives into the narrative: Aren and Olivia. While Olivia's ch
Suzanne
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really good installment! I hate to just say this but I really wanted Em to kill her sister. As bad as that sounds lol

Looking forward to book three next year! I was nervous because of some of the reviews on this series but honestly I have really enjoyed it so far. They are quick and entertaining books.
Vi (like the letter)
It's not often the sequel is just as amazing, if not better than the first. Tintera pleasantly surprised me with Ruined, the first book in the series, and she wowed me yet again with Avenged. I simply could not stop reading this book. I fell even harder for Cas and Em. Their moments together were tense, steamy, and entirely not enough. I wanted more!!!!

In this book, everything is laid out. Betrayals happen, a LOT of lives were lost, and every minute of it was pure awesomeness. I was pretty skept
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once again Tintera takes us on a brutal, bloody, devious ride in this breathtaking sequel to Ruined.
Em and friends are on the run after having finally revealing all their secrets and getting revenge for those that harmed them in the past but if they think their adventure is over then they are so wrong.

We once again see how corrupt Em's world and those in it have become and at the very heart of that corruption, lies those that Em thought she could trust and love.

This was such an unexpected ride.
mith
3.5. Marginally better than the first but I was bored a lot throughout, so yikes. The writing is still weird for me--some of it seems so colloquial, which is out of place for this sort of fantasy setting. I wasn't a fan of it--the writing, in general, seemed underdeveloped and boring. In any case, this was definitely fast-paced, despite my lag to finish it.

I also liked Em more in this novel! She truly shined--shone? Is that the right term?--in this sequel and it was great seeing her as queen, a
Megan Olguin
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As with most sequels, I can not say anything without risking spoilers.. But I can say this. This book does not suffer from second one book syndrome at all. This was an incredibly strong and exciting sequel.
Rissa
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best second books I've read in a very long time! It did not have second book syndrome, it was amazing and i cant wait for the next book!
Stacy
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I guess I'll settle on my initial 3.5 star rating, although I think I'll round it down. I have been doing this (rounding 0.5 stars down instead of up) occasionally. I decided if I don't have enough to say to write a full review, then it's probably not a 4-star book.

What can I (briefly) say? The character development was okay, and the plot was decent. It lacked some of the excitement and moved at a slower pace than book 1, though. The main thrill was Olivia's unpredictability, which I am curious
Yusra  ✨
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
AREN AND IRIA OHMYGOD I CANT EVEN DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE
I LOVE U AREN

literally. I only love AREN and Iria. That’s it. goodbye to Em, Cas, and Olivia. The only reason I want the 3rd book is FOR MY BABIES
Emily Paschke
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ishmeen
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH Y’ALL ITS BADASS AF 👏🏻
Mary H
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
HO-LY SHE-IT I AM SHOOK. Ruined ends on some pretty big moments, and Avenged just keeps it going. Em is such a cool MC. What I like about her is that she is the anti-special one. Her sister Olivia is this world's superpowered The One, but with it, she's basically sacrificed any empathy and possibly her sanity, and she's basically a murderous psychopath with a major superiority complex. Em, in contrast, is the level-headed one with a plan. She reminds me of Lia from The Remnant Chronicles. Em use ...more
Sabrina
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
1.)Ruined - ★★★★★

This story is taking a turn that I really liked.
And I got an Aren POV! I’m really happy about that.

And I love books that I can read fast.

4 ★

It was what she had always wanted.
It did not feel as good as she had expected.”

This sequel had 4 POV (Em, Cas, Aren and Olivia) and I liked them all. They all complement the story in different ways.
This was just as fast passed as the first
Kayla
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this sequel, it was definitely action packed and I enjoyed myself reading this.

• The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)
  • Freedom's Slave (Dark Caravan Cycle, #3)
  • The Gauntlet (The Cage, #3)
  • Delete (Shift, #3)
  • Crystal Blade (Burning Glass, #2)
  • The Dragon's Price (Transference, #1)
  • The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2)
  • Shattered Dreams (Life After War Book 7)
  • Seeker (Riders, #2)
  • Altered Destiny
  • Like a River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #2)
  • The Wish Granter
  • Hannah Both Ways
  • The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #1)
  • Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief, #2)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • Darkest Battle (Birthright, #3)
  • Endure (Defy, #3)
Hi! I'm Amy Tintera, NYT Bestselling author of the REBOOT and RUINED series. My next book, ALL THESE MONSTERS, the first in a new sci-fi duology, comes out July 7, 2020.

Ruined (3 books)