Start by marking “The Enforcer (Games People Play #2)” as Want to Read:
The Enforcer (Games People Play #2)

The Enforcer

(Games People Play #2)

Security expert Matthias Clarke hunts down people who don’t want to be found. His latest prey: the sole survivor of a massacre that killed his brother years ago. Kayla Roy claimed she was a victim of the carnage. Then she disappeared. Matthias thinks Kayla may have actually been the killer—and he wants justice.

Kayla Roy never stays in one place too long and never lets a ma
Published April 25th 2017 by Avon

Alyssa
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-releases
4.5 stars. I liked this one (even) more than I liked The Fixer.

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

Meags
4 Stars

The Games People Play series by HelenKay Dimon is one of those rare M/F series that manages to catch my attention from the first page (every single time), hook, line and sinker.

The Enforcer is a strong sequel, featuring another gripping, fun and sexy romantic suspense plot, with a cast of strong and intelligent characters that easily entertain.

Seven years ago Kayla was the sole survivor of a college house massacre. She's been on the run from her past ever since, constantly moving from p
Caz
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Enforcer is the second book in HelenKay Dimon’s Games People Play series of romantic suspense novels, which feature heroes who supply skills and services that are perhaps not available from typical law-enforcement organisations; finding people who don’t want to be found, obtaining and using sensitive information and providing security and protection to those who are unable – or don’t want – to go through normal channels. As such, they often operate in that shady area outside the law, doing ...more
Kate's Corner
3.5 Touch & Go for me on this one Stars.

Characters & Chemistry.

Kayla Roy has moved around a lot after the bloodbath that happened at college she has been on the run ever since. She has changed her name a couple of times and has now moved to Annapolis. Working as a bar manager she leads an insular life but has learnt to survive over the past seven years.

Kayla has a quite strength about her where she shows no fear. Where she is stronger and that she is a survivor. She went with the punche
Christina
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

Man I'm totally diggin' this series. What's there NOT to like?. Amazingly hot guys who are rich and successful. Oh, I can't forget that they're also natural born protectors. Sigh. Be still my heart.

Kayla has been running for the last seven years. Why? Wouldn't you if you witnessed a horrific murder and you were the only survivor? Yep. I know I would. She's managed to stay one step ahead of a stalker she's had ever since. But when two strange men show up at her job, it seems li
Sunny
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
So easy to read. I love the alphas in this series.
Fei ~ BookLover~
He'd had great sex before and had known a lot of amazing women.

like i want to know that....
Books and Spoons
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Reading The Enforcer was one of those experiences that when I finished it I just lay there, holding my kindle in my arms, and smiled. What a wonderful story this is!

I love HelenKay Dimon's style of writing. The dialog is so brilliant with the clever twists of words, the roundabout answers, the wit, the subtle humor, the banter. It flows so fluently I want to treasure every word of the tale.
Like the humor in the story, the suspense is subtle though the culprit is cunning and dodgy, and the dang
Katherine
Really good. Kayla is an amazingly strong person, and the reveal of her big secret really surprised me. Matthias is yummy in that alpha, dominant but with some self-awareness. I gotta say I wouldn’t want to live in this small town - between Lauren and Kayla, there are a lot of killers and dead bodies around...

Bought from kobo
Prose: 4/5
How much I enjoyed it: 3/5
Amy R
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Enforcer by HelenKay Dimon was just as mysterious and intriguing as The Fixer in the Games People Play series and can be read as a stand alone. From the very first page you will be hooked. The Enforcer is full of intrigue and mystery and you can’t help but keep reading all the way until the every end. Matthias and Kayla are fantastic characters. Broken. Defensive. Strong. And quite perfect together! They challenge one another but also lean on each other.

Matthias is tasked with finding Kayla
Heather
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Kayla Roy never stays in one place too long and never lets a man get too close. But keeping Matthias at arm’s length may be impossible. Dark and enigmatic, Matthias draws Kayla in from the
Anita Hickman
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH...

Helenkay, I have read The Fixer , and was blown away from the feels the were coming off in waves from that book, Wren was a direct Alpha male and his sidekick , Garrett hope he gets his own book as well
This book, tho book right here, I was floored, it was gripping, Raw, and it devoured me whole in 2 days. Matthias and Kayla had any amazing chemistry like no other , I laughed so hard in parts of it, (shaking my head)....and was so sad for them both, I cried..
The bes
Martha
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Matthias Clarke is an unusual hero. He was socially awkward and more comfortable with reports, directing his employees at his security firm than talking to people. His birth mother (who gave him up at birth,) located Matthias and asked him to find Kayla Roy the sole survivor of the murder of her son and Kayla’s roommates seven years ago in college. After the murders, Kayla disappeared and hid. She moved nine times and changed her name several times.

Because Matthias' was raised in numerous foste
Rebecca
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Okay. Not bad. Pretty interesting plot. BUT the actual characters were basically the same people as the two main characters in the first book! And they even had Garrett there as a side character making snarky remarks!! The girl was tough and can take care of herself. The guy is tough with a bad past and is not great with people. They even did that really weird thing again from the first book where the man would say something and the woman would act like he didn't make any sense. This happened ma ...more
Pgchuis
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: paperback
I was disappointed with this book after loving "The Fixer" so much. Here Matthias (a less likeable version of Wren) tracks down Kayla (a much less likeable version of Emery), who is suspiciously the sole survivor of a mass killing seven years ago. Matthias spends the first third of the novel observing Kayla as she works as a waitress while ordering lots of coffee, and it is very boring and a strange tactic, if you ask me. Soon convinced that Kayla had no part in the murders of her housemates, Ma ...more
Donna Rutledge
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly recommend this book. It has everything, mystery, romance, and fun. The two main characters, Kayla and Matthias, are on different sides old a seven-year-old murder to start with. A murder that left Katla alive and three of her closest college friends dead. She is still fighting for her life when Matthias finds her and decides to make up his own mind on her guilt.

They have a lot of the same life skills including not answering direct questions. HelenKay explains what's going on so you can
Perrin Larton
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Book 2 of the Games People Play series, The Enforcer, we’re introduced to Matthias, who is looking for the truth, and Kayla who is running from her past.

Matthias found out his half-brother was killed 7 years prior and Kayla was the only survivor of the massacre that killed his brother and 2 other people. He is convinced she is guilty of the crime and sets out to prove it.

Kayla has been continually on the run for the last 7 years. Each time she feels safe, someone hunts her down and ruins the
b.andherbooks
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Matthias, a ridiculously rich, handsome, powerful, and secretive man who is connected with the same agency as Book 1 in this series, is hired to track down the sole-survivor of a college massacre that left his half-brother dead.

Kayla, now a waitress with a new name, has been on the run since the massacre. People believe she may have killed all of her roommates, but she was cleared, legally at least. She's suspicious of the delicious hottie in the suit who claims to be in town for 'business,' so
Michelle
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from HelenKay Dimon in the Games People Play series. Matthias is determined to find out what happened to his half brother, who is really behind his murder, and Kayla is his only lead. For years Kayla has been running from her past, from whoever killed her friends and apparently wants to kill her as well. She's hidden herself but somehow Matthias was able to find her. Before she's able to run again he convinces her to take a stand and attempt to find out who's been after her fo ...more
Linda
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-owned
Kayla Roy’s three roommates were brutally killed while she was in the shower. After hearing a noise, she went downstairs and found the bodies. She changed her identity and moved after getting threats. Some think she was the killer or was in on it with someone. One of the young men killed was the half-brother of Matthias Clarke and he has been asked to look into the old case. He is an investigator and able to get information where others cannot. A stalker has found Kayla and shots are fired into ...more
Amy Butterbaugh
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book so much. I loved how it was written.
One girl trying to hide from her past and has moved so many times and had a change her name a lot. Now she's in a small town but someone is out to get here. But she doesn't know who is after her.
Then Mathis is in town trying to find the girl who survived the massacure of his brother and some more of his brother's friends.
He is determined to prove that she is the one who did the murder but when he finds out that she's not the guilty one
Whispers From
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Kayla is in hiding after her roommates were murdered in college. She works in a diner and lives day by day. At first, she was the suspect and then some believe she was in on it. Matthias is a quiet man, who has hired his friend’s company to find Kayla. His half brother was killed that day but he didn’t know about him because Matthias was giving up for adoption.
As Matthias gets closer to Kayla, he realizes she had nothing to do with it but someone believes she did and start leaving her
Diana Crook
I really didn't know

The book was good. I would recommend it to others. My only complaint, was, it moved really slow. Especially the first half. The author didn't really didn't give you any characters to guess from. There were just the good guys. Finally, about half way, give or take, more characters came into play. I did enjoy it, but would I read it again? No. The entire story was too slow, with little action. It did hold my interest for a one time read, and, I hate to not finish a book. It has
Elaine
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
The way the author writes just doesn't appeal to me. I don't usually quite mind cliches, but honestly... I think this one is over-the-top, making it very boring to read. I was even tempted to roll my eyes at one point. The premise of the story is interesting though, and I was actually interested to know who's the one causing trouble for the heroine. Too bad the author's writing style doesn't suit my taste.
CARMEN P. SELF
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling and romantic

Your writing is wonderful! I had a bad night and started reading since there was no sign of sleeping it's awesome best book in a long dry spell of trying to find my mind concentrating and feeling so many of the feelings you portrayed so easily. Will now have to remember the titles but I've got the authors name so thank you for keeping me entertained because I'm in pain 24/7 so it was a great escape. KUDOS😇😇😇😇 Carmen
Linda
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is a really great book. I enjoyed the banter between the two main characters plus two characters from the previous book. Matthias Clarke's company finds people that don't want to be found but when he was asked to find Kayla Roy, he has his hands full. She is nothing like he was told she would be and he has decided that something is wrong. He gets close and uncovers the truth which is not what he was told. Great story and romance.
Kiki Z
Nov 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
My two major problems at 35% where I'm giving up: 1) Matthias isn't a person I particularly like, and he definitely isn't someone who's motivations I understand; 2) The way everyone speaks, and the conversations they have, and the ways they react all seem slightly off to me. I don't know how to explain it, but it doesn't feel natural or flowing.
Chris
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
It had been a while since I read the first one, but that didn't lessen my enjoyment of this book. Watching Kayla and Matthias dance around each other was fun. It was interesting to try to figure out what the secrets were. I had some ideas about the answers that were revealed. I liked how Kayla and Matthias' relationship progressed.
Daniela
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Another true mystery blended very well with a steamy romance. This whole series should be catagorized as a romantic suspense. the right combination of smart dialogue, well written plot, with twists, a heavy subject base, and a hot steamy sexy romanic story. I cant get enough.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Such A Pretty Girl (FBI, #2)
  • Saving Sophie (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #7)
  • Secret Weapon Spouse (Miami Confidential #1)
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • Seek and Find (Rookie K-9 Unit #3)
  • Capitol K-9 Unit Christmas: Protecting Virginia\Guarding Abigail (Capitol K-9 Unit #7)
  • Darkest Night (Sons of Broad #1)
  • Mistaken Target
  • Zero Hour (Wired & Dangerous, #1)
  • The Stranger (Wounded Warrior #2)
  • Silken Promises
  • Her Colton P.I. (The Coltons of Texas, #5)
  • Say No More (Gravediggers #3)
  • Countdown to Zero Hour (Black Ops: Automatik #1)
  • Negotiating Point (Private Protectors, #4)
  • Colton's Surprise Heir
  • Tracking Secrets
  • Serafina and the Silent Vampire (Serafina's, #1)
HelenKay Dimon is a divorce lawyer-turned-romance author. After dedicating years to helping people terminate relationships she now writes romance novels full time. Her books have earned praise, appeared on bestseller lists, won numerous awards and twice been named Red-Hot Reads and excerpted in Cosmo. She sometimes writes erotic romance, sometimes writes romantic suspense and sometimes writes cont ...more

Games People Play (4 books)
  • The Fixer (Games People Play #1)
  • The Pretender (Games People Play #3)
  • The Protector (Games People Play #4)
“Explain." "Can't I give you a name and then you go and tell your woman to hunt this person down?" Seemed simple enough to Matthias. Wren's eyes bulged. "Only if you want to make sure I never have sex again.” 0 likes