Start by marking “The Answer” as Want to Read:
The Answer

The Answer

How to discover what you want from life then make it happen

This ground-breaking, category-killer from internationally acclaimed authors Allan and Barbara Pease will show you that changing your life starts with asking the right questions. The Answer:

- Helps you take the first step towards change and decide what you want
- Gives you the confidence to change your job, relat
Published October 24th 2016 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Answer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Answer

Geraldine Birtwistle
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you have read self-help books previously you will probably think there is nothing new in this one. What I did find in this one over others though, is that it goes on to explain how the brain processes the information to make it happen for you. I have read all about visualisation techniques before and have never been able to get them to work, the bit that I was missing was the having to write it down first and then visualise it to let the brain work out how to achieve it.
If you have never read
Ivi
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing inspirational book, very helpful! :)))
Emms
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm still reading this book (and generally I would read a book a week..) So far I am really enjoying The Answer but it is starting to frustrate me that I haven't yet finished reading it. This is a really insightful book that had me hooked from the very beginning. The way the authors explain the workings of the brain is fascinating and the fact that they use science and studies to back up their theories has made me want to read on to get more answers. At this point in time I must say that since s ...more
Dawn Kim
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Frankly, I feel disappointed with the book. I grabbed this book because of the appealing cover and hopefully had found my 'answers'. What i disliked the most, was the near end chapter. That chapter mentioned that we should keep asking until we get the answer that we have been seeking. of course, it is not wrong to be determined and to keep asking and get your book published but for people who are introverts or suffer from social anxiety or any form of fear and suffering, what are the other alter ...more
Fiona Blond
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this amazing book in 4 days. Set my goals, wrote by affirmations, and I'm on the path to achieve what I've always wanted.
The book was a sensible, easily digestible, easy to apply, no nonsense book on how to achieve the things you want in life. It offers clear neurological details about how we are wired and how we can use this to our advantage.
I know it will have a big impact in my life. I already feel like I've started my curvy path to success, which for me means a much clearer directio
ANTONY
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My take

Everyone is born with the fire in his/ her belly  to achieve  a successful life and self help books  offer tasty and nutritious  food in the form of tips and steps. The desire to  improve myself always is so strong that I feel delight at the very sight of books belong to this genre.Once I become a binger to them.

"THE ANSWER How to Take Charge of Your Life & Become the Person You Want To Be" gives us  practical   guidelines along with insightful perspectives to make us what we want to
nur'aini  tri wahyuni
salah sangka, kirain bukunya kayak menjawab pertanyaanpertanyaan aneh macemmacem gitu, ternyata buku motivasi yang isinya lebih ke merancang tujuan hidup dengan baik dan benar.

bagus untuk umur 20an, masamasa mencari apa yg ingin dicapai dalam hidup, sayang pengemasannya kurang menarik.
Kelly
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had no idea what to expect, and believe it did start off a bit slowly for my liking. I couldn’t quite get into the whole deal about the ‘RAS’. Shortly I was hooked and couldn’t put this book down. It certainly bought a whole lot of truths to the forefront of my mind and made me believe I was capable of changing the things I’ve been thinking about for some time now.
I’ve got my lists on my fridge, bathroom mirror and work desk and it definitely helps me be more visual of my outcomes. I do find m
Helen Brereton
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an interesting and mind blowing book this is.
There was so much that struck me, and that I wanted to read again and again.
By page 75, I had my highlighter out to mark relevant passages, and then I needed my paper and pen to start making lists of what I want to happen in my life.
My list is now 28 items long, but I keep adding to it. Now I just need to sort them into A, B & C lists.
The Answer teaches that if you want it, you can steer your life to making it happen by writing it down. Sudde
Jordana Martin
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is fabulous. I'm generally decidedly anti-self-help books, because I find them dull, and they normally just make me feel guilty about being unable to implement the bajillion things required to be "successful". In contrast The Answer gives you tidbits along the way and encourages you to take action - you don't have to read the entire book to start implementing it's advice and as you move through and are introduced to the concepts and they are slowly expanded upon then you can easily int ...more
Kristine Sandrini
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book to the point where I was squeezing in reading time between lunch breaks, school drop offs etc... I found this book fascinating and easy to read. I am at a point in my life where change is needed and this book has helped me to identify where, when and how to make those changes. Whilst I have always been aware of the affects of positive affirmations, this book breaks things down in a manner that helps you understand how the affirmations, visualisations and go ...more
Kath Dee
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
As an 80s/90s child I am very familiar with affirmations and visualisation techniques which is a large part of what The Answer is about. It is a good revision for those of us that may have strayed off the path. For those new to this journey it is a great starting point. I particularly liked the analogy about choosing a car to purchase because it is something that readers can quickly relate to. If you are the personality type that likes to make lists and review your goals on a regular basis then ...more
Bec
Aug 10, 2016 rated it liked it
The Answer is more than a wishful thinking self help book. It outlines how the brain uses what we think and what we visualise to, in a way, direct us toward the life we want. It gives practical ideas to help reframe our thought processes.
However, what we get out of this well written book depends entirely on whether or not we are willing to take its advice, and do the hard work that's often needed to change our life.
Christine Casey
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the easiest self help books I have read. It gives ideas that anyone can use not only in your working life but your everyday life as well without your colleagues or friends knowing you may have read 'one of those books'. The power of the mind is fascinating and it describes how beneficial a positive attitude towards life can be.
It certainly has changed some habits for me that I hope people around me including staff notice and appreciate.
Narelle Walker
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
If your struggling to understand WHY you haven't stuck something out, asked yourself if you have will power, This book will make you understand why NOTHING hasn't worked before & if you were to follow the advice given in "The Answer", I'm sure you will start to Do, what you have wanted of yourself & be able to do more. A great, easy to understand format, that will bring results. Easy to read, gain that confidence TODAY...
Jo Washington-King
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Couldn't finish this as it is really a repeat of their other books but with a little more brain anatomy. I went into this book thinking I would get to read more about the financial issues they had and how the overcame them. But instead got small snippets here and there.
Talia
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the pace and style of writing in this book. The pages are filled with humour, stories from Allan and Barbara's real life, combined with inspirational quotes and well-written advice. I found the organisation of the book to be easy to understand and straightforward. I feel that the content of this book will help me to achieve my life goals, and while I don't necessarily agree with everything in the book, I have several useful ideas and practices as a result of this book.

If you're looking
Jen A.
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
My friend got a lot out of this book and sent me a copy, and it took me quite a long time to finish it. First off, I’m not a huge fan of the self-help genre. Second, these authors are so exhaustively perky and positive that I found it annoying. Third, every time they wrote “RAS” I kept thinking of the R.O.U.S.’s from Princess Bride (it was distracting). I’m sure there’s something incredibly viable about taking on this outlook; however, as a realist-pessimist, I am not inclined to see myself adop ...more
Rana D.Kourani
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received “the answer” as a gift and remained on the shelf for 3 months, untouched, unopened.
I don’t have any question and I don’t need answers.
But than again I decided to read it, “why not!”
And it turned out completely different from what I had imagined.
This book gives you a push, makes you believe in you and what you are capable of. Gives you hope to move on and go forward. Most importantly, helps you to have a vision and affirmation that when you want to do something, anything, you Can.
Nourhan
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting to achieve a goal
It's amazing! I've never heard of the authors and then when I read this book I was like "Wow they are really really successful and I want to be like that" they inspire me to achieve my goals. And I followed its instructions and wow I will definitely re-read this. They went through a lot they are role models they should be known everywhere wow.
Sharyn
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've read a lot of 'how to' books in my lifetime so it was refreshing to read a book encouraging me to focus on the 'what' I want to achieve and to only put emphasis on the 'how' later as the help starts to present itself. That is pretty much the premise of the whole book. The rest is mostly like a pep talk. One I enjoyed reading in only 2 days.
Анастасия
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Очень классный и подкреплённый научными фактами текст о визуализациях, аффирмациях и почему они работают.
Про РАС до этого не слышала, но сразу стало понятно, почему «все вокруг беременные», когда ты сама беременная.
Бойко, живо, отлично.
ielaf
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
A bit repetitive but I did learn some valuable things. Super anti religion tho 😂 who hurt you Allan pease
Lizzy Hissink
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Very useful and interesting information to apply in every day life
Jeriza Pearl Janea
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Makes you realize how powerful the mind is.
Kim Nhi
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really love book
Marsha
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book offers a clear understanding of an extraordinary combination between positive feelings, visualization and action-oriented goals. Filled with sensible humors and you got yourself a nice cushion for whenever you're feeling depressed. Worthy investment this book is.
Shoma
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book, probably the best book I've read in years. In this book, the authors teach us how the brain works, then give answers to questions on how to take charge of your life and make it successful. “The Answer” explains it all; How to set defined goals, how to deal with stress, and how to overcome fear are just some of the questions that this book answers. In "The Answer", the authors constantly calls the reader to action, such as telling us to write our goals down onto paper, then ...more
Adelaide Miranda
A great summary

All philosophies of success mastered in one book. Follow through and you will see immediate changes in your life. Superb
  • The Mastery of Destiny
  • Data Science at the Command Line: Facing the Future with Time-Tested Tools
  • You Can Heal Your Heart: Finding Peace After a Breakup, Divorce, or Death
  • People Like Me
  • Kindness: The Little Thing that Matters Most
  • Die Rückkehr (Daringham Hall, #3)
  • Love Is Pink!
  • Diary of Geza Csath
Allan Pease is an Australian author and motivational speaker. Despite having no education in psychology, neuroscience, or psychiatry, he has managed to establish himself as an "expert on relationships".

Originally a musician, he became a successful life insurance salesman, he started a career as a speaker and trainer in sales and latterly in body language. This resulted in a popular sideline of aud