Start by marking “The Vacuum Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Vacuum Chronicles

The Vacuum Chronicles

Mild-mannered Myles Mitchell wasn’t looking for love that day in Daly’s Diner when he met Yvette Luponski. The thirty-two year old accountant was happy with his vacuums and daily lunches at Daly’s. But from the first time he insulted her he was head over heels for the waitress. Join Myles on his rollercoaster love life with Yvette and the many different characters that fre ...more
Published August 5th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Vacuum Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vacuum Chronicles

Start your review of The Vacuum Chronicles
Kate

Myles is a middle aged virgin and it fits he has a special relationship with his hoover. Although scared that he’ll die alone he has come to terms with it. That is until he meets a waitress at Daly’s diner.

Yvette works at the diner and is intrigued by Myles. Through Murphy’s Law they become friends and then Yvette becomes his girl. I peed my pants when it came to Myles meeting the parents. But at some point it swayed too much into ridiculous territory.

All in all a pleasant read and I wish I co
Bekah the Awesome
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 side splitting platypires for The Vacuum Chronicles!

When I was snortlaughing by the middle of the third paragraph, I set my expectations pretty high. By the end of chapter two, I was all "okay, so the love storyline is basically sorted then... I need to stop taking notes for my review and read this book, cuz I wanna know how this is gonna play out!"

And OMG, y'all, I'm so glad I did! This book! This book was straight up a clustermuck of Murphy's Law striking again and again, in the funniest of
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 3.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lillian's ★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Love doesn't always go to plan. Myles needs to find a woman to share his life with as the vacuum cleaner is no longer the only thing that he needs in his life. Yes the vacuum is his best friend in more ways than just for cleaning, a bit freaky I must say.

Yvette is a waitress at the local diner that Myles goes to and they have both noticed each other but they get off on the wrong foot and what could be a great love affair falls apa
KariMae
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
This story was...interesting. Myles is a nice guy, but extremely awkward and socially inept. Myles and Yvette both have had bad luck in the relationship world, both in different ways. I like to think there's someone out there for everyone - Yvette is Myles' someone. Just as unique in her own ways. The story had comedic parts. The inner monologue of Myles was pretty funny. He is one sad little fella.

I think the story was just a little too much for my taste. Some of the situations were just too f
Heather Jasinski
The Vacuum Chronicles is about a woman named Yvette who is a waitress at a diner called Dalys and a man named Myles Mitchell who is an accountant. Myles comes into Dalys alot. Yvette's coworker, LaRaine knows who is he and the two of them go out on a date.

Yvette and Myles are the main characters. I liked Yvette the most because of her attitude and just the way she was around Myles. Myles creeped me out and is a shy guy who seems to be scared of women in my opinion. A character I couldn't stand
Lucinda Clarke
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NO ONE ELSE
No one, no one but Rick Johnson could devise a totally new use for vacuum cleaners. I’ve read all his books and they are a laugh a page. I must admit to not wanting to meet either of this pair in real life. The man reminds me of the character in a movie who made a pact with the devil in the hope of catching the eye of the girl of his dreams. I wanted to kick him and shake him but then his motives were pure and simple – very simple and all I can say is that he was lucky to fall for the
Michele
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. Review to follow soon.
Lillian Cummings
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting read. We all deserve love & happiness. I received a copy in exchange for an honest review. ...more
Melissa King
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The Vacuum Chronicles is a unrealistic story written by Rick Johnson & Natalie Alder. This is romantic comedy with hilarious comments and witty comebacks.

Myles Mitchell is a thirty- two-year old accountant who has been satisfied with his Hoover Vacuum experiences. When he walks into Daley's diner to have his daily lunch he wasn’t looking for love or expecting to insult the beautiful dishwater blonde hair waitress with one of his corny jokes but that's exactly what he did. He also wasn’t expectin
InD'tale Magazine
2.5/5.0

“The Vacuum Chronicles” is a well-written romantic comedy.

Read full review in the 2016 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jan Murphree
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laughing!!!

Great funny read!! Loved it!!
But it...read it!! It's a crazy...awesome ride !!
You won't be sorry you bought this book!!!!
Angel
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Vacuum Chronicles was a gift from Rick Johnson and Natalie Alden. I am giving this book a review as agreed upon with the authors. It is an interesting funny and sometimes quirky story. Myles is a middle age virgin, unheard of today who seems to love his vacuum cleaner which is very sad and odd. Yvette is a waitress with an attitude owned by many women today. He is lacking social skills and has no idea what a relationship needs to be fulfilling. Together they find out how beautiful their frie ...more
P. Marie
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quirky fun

Myles and Vette are a doomed couple with crazy antics and comebacks. This was a cute and funny read you will enjoy it and never look at your vacuum the same again.
Natalie Alder
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kristin A. Duymazlar
Aug 25, 2016
Rick Johnson
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Renee
Andrew
Jan 13, 2019
Stephanie
Apr 24, 2019

Rick Johnson lives in Mississippi with his Labrador/beagle mix, Connor. After a long and highly lucrative career in robbing banks, he decided to step away from that line of work because the rising cost of gasoline made driving the get away car too expensive.
Now, with so much free time on his hands, he decided to pursue writing. When he's not writing and remembering the glory days in the banking in