Start by marking “The Koala Who Could” as Want to Read:
The Koala Who Could

The Koala Who Could

(سلسلة عندما تحكي الكائنات)

Fans of The Gruffalo and Giraffes Can't Dance will love this feelgood rhyming story portraying a positive message about facing up to change, something that young children can sometimes struggle with.

Sometimes change comes along whether we like it or not . . . but if you let it, change can be the making of you. Kevin the Koala discovers this and more in this delightful pict

Published September 8th 2016 by Orchard Books

To ask other readers questions about The Koala Who Could, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Koala Who Could

Start your review of The Koala Who Could
Calista
Kevin from Down Under - a cute Koala. He is scared of not being in control. He is like so many of us thinking that he does have control. He learns it's an illusion. Luckily, he has a great community who is trying to support him and help him be brave. When disaster strikes, he learns that life is ok and he can let go a little. He starts to enjoy life a little more.

The kids had fun with this one. My brother has a horrible and funny Aussie accent so everyone was in stitches reading it. Great and e
Tracy Morton
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is a really cute picture book about a koala who avoids playing with his friends because he is afraid. Once the koala gets a can do attitude he discovers life is much more fun. I'm using this book for my Australia storytime. ...more
Olivia Tosti
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lovely book exploring how change and trying something new can lead to amazing things! Kevin the koala is my new best friend!
Robin Raines-Bond
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun rhyming text and adorable illustrations with a good story about not being afraid to try something new.
Hannah Higson
This is a great book - I love it.
Kevin the koala is very happy living on his tree. He doesn’t want to venture down below into the busy world. One day a woodpecker pecks at the trunk and Kevin has no option to come down before he falls. Kevin still refuses and he does fall. Kevin soon realised that it isn’t so scary on the ground and from that day on he knows that he CAN do things even if he is scared of them.
Great illustrations!!!
Bridgette
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kevin, the koala, doesn't want to ever leave his true. He's too worried about will happen if he ever comes down, but when something happens that forces him down, he discovers there wasn't anything to be worried about. This would be a good book for kids with anxiety, especially about trying new things. ...more
Wendy
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book-e
The book had a nice rhyming pattern, making it a great choice for a read aloud. The illustrations nicely accompanied the story - Kevin the Koala was adorable. Overall, a great message about trying something new, even when you think it maybe scary.
Grace Gayer
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story about a koala anxious to let go of his tree! A story that could work well when introducing children to the idea of staying at school for a day when they first start!
Lynn
Sweet story about a Koala who clings to his tree and refused to move at the urging of other animals. Eventually he comes down and discovers a whole new exciting world.
Garrett
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: story-time
Good pace. Just be careful when saying "can't" with an Australian accent. I made that mistake. ...more
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
This is a really cute book that teaches kids that they can do new things.
Prisha Bhatia
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The story was about a Koala whose name was kevin ,he was afraid of coming down on the ground. He was comfortable and feeling save in his tree. Kiven was very happy living on his tree. His three favorite things were relaxing in the sun,he sleeping and munching leaves all day.All animals call Kevin but he pretend that he is busy.The months went but he didn't came down.One day a woodpecker was about to cut the tree because the tree trunk was thin. The tree was about to fell down,all animals was say ...more
Teresa
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been reading this book to my son a couple of times a day every day for over a month and I’m not sick of it! The story is so cute, simple but inspiring, and I love the illustrations! I even bought another one by the same authors hoping that it’s as good. But I have to say I have a soft spot for koalas :)

Edit: I just realized I only gave my opinion but not my son’s. Well, he’s 6 months old, so I’m not really sure what he thinks, BUT it seems to be his favorite book at the moment. In the sense
Aadit Bajaj
Jun 26, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a book which moves around a koala named Kevin. He is very lazy and he wants to spend all his life in his home, which a branch of a tree. Many a times his friends requested him to come down and play, but he would refuse every time. One day a woodpecker came and started to make a hole in the tree where the koala lived, at that time once again his friends told him to come down, but he denied. Finally, the tree fell down. When he came down and knew that how it felt, he was amazed and he star ...more
Steph
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Koala Who Could is a beautifully illustrated book with a theme of change. The story focuses on a Koala who is comfortable on his own and fears stepping out of his comfort zone to try new things. As the story progresses, we see the Koala confront his worries about new experiences with the help of his friends, which is a lovely metaphor for the classroom. The use of rhyme and onomatopoeia make for an easy and enjoyable read. This book is perfect for children in Years 1 and 2.
Karthik Rajeev
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good Morning.The koala that could was written by Rachel bright Jim field. The story is about a koala whose name is Kevin. He lived in a place where creatures ran wild and free. He was grey and very soft. He does not try a new thing or play. His friend was Wombat, roos and dingoes. One day his tree fall down because of woodpecker. But he was just fine. Then kevin asked him to play in that time told yes. It will be good to try something new .
ANIL
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is very inspirational rhyming story. The character Kevin (The Koala) initially worried about the changes which he was going to face. But after that he found when changes came in his life there was no matter of trouble, it was really a wonderful experience for him. The moral of the story is never hesitate or fear from the challenges just accept them and enjoy the moment of life everyone.

Never give up and never worried in bad time convert such time in opportunities.
Dhrishita
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Its a cute imagination of the author about a koala that is afraid to leave its home on a tree and rejects to leave it at any cost. Many of his animal friends request him to down and play but kelvin the koala is firm not to come.
At last due to a woodpecker's attack on tree and its consequences, kelvin is forced to come down.
Once it does, it feels better, light and free.

The story teaches us that we should try new things in our life. It helps us know new ways and bring essential changes in life.
Julia
Gorgeous illustrations and a fun rhyming story about accepting/embracing change.
Namit Chaturvedi
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kevin is a koala, who loves life as it is in his normal routine. Eating leaf sandwiches, collecting leaves, the usual sort for him. If anyone calls him down to play, he always denies their proposal, saying that he is busy. Until, one day, his tree starts falling down, and Kevin, determined not to leave his cosy spot on the tree. But he fell on the ground, and, soon enough, he found out that it wasn't so bad.

This book shows us the necessity of adapting to changes in our life.
Jesa Burgoyne
NEWTS readathon
Training: Mermaid Linguistics
Prompt: Herbology, Nettle Plant: book that might be impactful
Grade: E , Exceeded Expectations
Sreeraj R
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kevin the Koala teaches the right lesson at the right age. This story which underlines the importance of taking the untraveled path is recommended to all growing children.
Ingrid Sawubona
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kevin the Koala hates change. He’s afraid to leave the safety of his home behind because everything outside his comfort zone is too fast, too loud, too big or too strange.

But one day he is forced to learn how to embrace that change—with the help of his friends, of course—when a woodpecker pecks down his comfortable, safe tree.

This adorable book with its amazing illustrations, explores the idea that we know all too well as adults! Life can often lead to amazing new adventures when you are forced
Zoe Mobbs
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I really liked the illustrations of this book and the fun and rhyming language! Teaches children to take risks out of their comfort zone.
Marj
This is a fun, rhyming tale about a koala who can't quite break free of his routine (even if he sometimes think it might be fun). The highlight for me was the illustrations-- the backgrounds were glorious. ...more
Nour Alshemali
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
“ Life can be GREAT .. when you try something NEW “
Jane Young
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story and illustrations!
Erin
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kevin likes “sticking to what he knows best.” Living in his tree, he doesn’t have to deal with the animals down below who are “too fast and too loud and too big and too strange.” Kevin can always find something else to do when Wombat asks him to come down and play. But then, one day a woodpecker taps away at his tree. Will Kevin find the courage to live on the ground with the other animals, or will he find a new home high up and safely tucked away in another tree?

The Koala Who Could is a fun st
Erin
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The Koala Who Could is a fun st
Thebruce1314
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story is simple, but the pictures are appealing and I ❤️ Koalas!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
2020 Roe Reading ...: The Koala Who Could 2 3 Apr 12, 2021 06:46AM
2019 Roe Reading ...: The Koala who Could by Rachel Bright 1 1 Sep 13, 2020 02:21AM
2019 Roe Reading ...: The Koala Who Could 1 2 Sep 03, 2020 10:26AM

• What the Ladybug Heard
  • The Bear and the Piano
  • Be Brave Little Penguin
  • Tiddler
  • The Gruffalo (Gruffalo, #1)
  • Ruby Finds a Worry
  • The Highway Rat
  • A Squash and a Squeeze
  • Dog on a Frog?
  • Grandad's Island
Rachel is a writer of words, drawer of pictures and champion of silver linings. She exhibits widely, writes tirelessly and frequently creates slightly unhinged characters.

Her written work includes children’s stories and poems, clever advertising copy and lots of other stuff besides. Her illustrative work is a smorgasboard of giant, hand-printed poems, mind-bogglingly detailed gouache illustrations

سلسلة عندما تحكي الكائنات (4 books)
  • The Way Home For Wolf