Start by marking “Back To Good” as Want to Read:
Back To Good

Read Book

Back To Good

*** Please leave a review on AMAZON if you can, thank you! ***

Charlotte Banks (Charlie) is newly graduated from college and working in public relations.

Published October 31st 2016 by Laura Benson

To ask other readers questions about Back To Good, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back To Good

Start your review of Back To Good
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
In my opinion, the story was about Charlotte "Charlie" Banks trying to prove something. To her father. To her peers. To herself. She works in PR at her father's company when he finally gives her her own file to handle. It's for a famous rockstar bad boy, Joey Carino, who happens to be her ex. They didn't end on a high note and his bestfriend, Matthew Johns, didn't help matters. Now she's got to try to bury the hatchet in order to salvage Joey's reputation.

Charlie is ambitious, prideful, stubborn and determined. I
Sep 28, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
I wrote it. Kinda biased.
Coco.V
Dec 26, 2018 marked it as maybe  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/26/2018)! 💝

Blurb:

She is given a case that is just a bit too close to the heart. Joey Carino is a rock god, but now with his life spinning out of control, it's up to Charlie to try and save his reputation with his record label and his fans.

However, dealing with Joey means dealing with Matthew Johns, Joey's best friend and Charlie's worst nightmare.
Misty's Book Space
Last year I participated in a lot of authors Facebook parties and in doing so I learned of more authors that I had never heard of. I won this book in one of those parties. I can’t tell you much about the party I participated in now besides that it was a signed physical copy from the author that I won. I am a little torn on how I feel about this book. It was slow going to start with and right off the bat Charlotte “Charlie” didn’t make a good impression on me. She came off very conceited and I ca ...more
Tabitha Willbanks
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a fabulous debut from an up and coming new author. I had been excited to read it for a while, but it completely blew me out of the water. Back to Good has a little bit of everything. You have your angsty love triangle, along with friends to lovers and it's tied all together with a bad boy rockstar. Like I said, a mix of something for everyone! Charlie is a recently graduated public relations specialist who is assigned her first client, and it's none other than Joey Carino... Who just ha ...more
Sara
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am kind of in awe of this debut effort! It isn't often that I pick up a book and read it cover to cover without stopping, but that is exactly what I did with this book.

So let's talk about Charlotte. Charlotte is an interesting character. She's just 23 and working her dream job. She has a history with a rock star, who is her ex, and his best friend, who she hated way back when. Now suddenly, she is in charge of PR for said rock star, Joey. Charlotte made me crazy. She was back and forth about
Jody
As a reader obsessed with rock star romances there are a few elements I always look for when choosing which book to read while applauding those few authors who forge some unexpected paths. With Back to Good there was the expected angst when past lovers reunite, along with glimpses of the downside of fame, but from there Ms. Benson took a dramatic turn that left me frustrated, a bit angry, but applauding nonetheless. Throw in a heroine whose actions left me conflicted, along with the two sexy men ...more
Nicolette Eyssen
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Back to Good
By Laura Benson

I'm sort of back and forth with this book. I loved the characters but I feel unsettled with the ending.

I think Charlie's character was top notch. She worked hard, stood her ground for what she wanted and deserved. I loved how strong she was. She was heart broken by her high school sweetheart turned rockstar (Joey) but really pushed forward with her life and chose not to get treated poorly by him.

After graduating she worked for her father at a PR firm. He
Susana Graça
All right, all right.. I'm sorry I can't say that I loved or even adored this book, I can most certainly say that I liked and enjoyed reading this book. I was right about the emails she received (when the was in college).
I wish I read more about their future..

Congrats on this book, thumbs up for you Laura :)
Kathy Aronoff
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book had potential but I think maybe a little more into what a PR Firm actually does especially with a so called established rock star may have been beneficial. The triangle was apparent for me from the very beginning and that I was more upset about Joey than either of the the issues between Matt & Charlie is telling me there wasn't enough to convince me that Charlie was truly invested.
Catherine P. Dowless
Mesmerizing!!!

I. Could. Not. Stop....... What an amazing story!! I had to keep reading because I just had to know what happened next. Just wow...... What a book hangover!! The characters draw you in with all the feels. This is my first book by this author but it will definitely NOT be my last.......loved it!!! A must read!!!
Angela DeMarco
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Back to Good by Laura Benson is her debut novel, what a fantastic book it was. It's a rock star romance, with some angst among past lovers who reunite after not seeing each other in years. I'm definitely glad I read this one, I'm looking forward to reading more in the future from this author.
Fair warning this a love triangle, I know people tend to shy away from them but don't for this one I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Charlie is a likable character she's young, recently graduat
JoAnna G
Laura Benson is a new and upcoming author. I enjoyed this book and look forward to more.

This book runs heavy on angst. Emphasis on angst. Charlotte “Charlie” and Joey went to highschool together. She just recently graduated and her first job is none other than Joey. In turn bringing her up close and personal with her nemesis Matthew Johns.

I loved Charlie’s attitude and no nonsense approach. Matthew and her are awesome, throw in a little Joey and you have the love triangle. Thi
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
I liked this novel, however, the blurb threw me off. I went into this novel thinking the story was going to be about a woman and a rockstar reuniting due to the fact that Joe's name was mentioned more than Michaels. The blurb also made Michael sound like the villain of the story which in a portion of the story that is truth.
Besides the blurb messing me up. ..I did like this novel.
I liked the enemies to lovers concept.
I also thought the twist at the end was interesting.

It was a tad bit predic
Ann Batty
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte works in PR and finds herself the publicist of one of the most high profile rock stars of the moment. Only one slight problem, we’ll maybe two, one is her ex boyfriend and one is the guy that hates her who just happens to be his manager and best friend.
Matthew is the manager and picks her up at the airport. Boy has he changed, with his model good looks he certainly has changed. Joey is the rockstar, women fall at his feet but he still loves Charlie even though she can’t be with him af
Jackie Ashmead
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I loved the playful chemistry between Matthew and Charlie. You could feel all the pent up sexual tension between them. You could tell that he acted like he hated her when she was dating his friend just so that he couldn't feel the hurt of her not being with him. But now flash forward and he has his chance and you can just feel how much they want to be together. I literally couldn't put the book down once I started reading it. I had to know what happened next, it liter ...more
Kristina
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Back to Good

I enjoyed this angsty tale involving a rock star, his manager and a girl from there past. This kept me engaged and entertained. I found my self at times rooting for both men to win her heart. And then along the way one earned there way into my own heart. Joey has his own struggles. You'll see what I mean. Matt is just Matt! Charlie is a touch sassy and endearing. I fell hard for these characters and loved their playful angst and flirty relationships. Laura Benson has a big talent an
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
LettyT
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet college graduate, Charlotte (Charlie) is working her way up in her father's PR firm on her own merit. When she's given a rock star client who has gone completely out of control, she's shocked to find it's her old boyfriend. Joey. Having Joey as a client means having his best friend and business partner, Matthew around too. Charlie and Matthew were never friends and truthfully, never seemed to like one another or did they?

A few dramatic twists, a shocking plot twist and a tidy l
Nancy
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful first book from Laura McCarthy Benson. I totally enjoyed it. Charlotte (Charlie), Matthew and Joey are the main characters. Charlie is a publicist that is sent to clean up rock star Joey image. His label is going to drop him unless he gets himself together. Matthew is his manager and best friend since childhood. The three of them have issues that they need to work out. I just couldn't put it down until I finished. I am looking forward to see what this author will do next.
Claire M
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
First assignment at work in PR should be relatively easy right? Not when your boss is your dad and the first client is your ex boyfriend!!!
Charlie's first solo job is to clean up the reputation of a rock star not so easy when Joey Carino was her high school sweetheart and his best friend/manager Matthew hated her.
A story of love and lust with a little jealousy and heartbreak thrown in for good measure.
Amy
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the idea but found a lot of things repeating and making the book seem long. The ending was kind of rushed to me. The best part was the saddest and I think should've have been closer to the beginning so that we can see the characters build their relationship after that. Great concept for a story and was not expecting what happened, I cried. Maybe a second book with how things go??
Melanie
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Charlotte Banks (nicknamed Charlie) just started working as a publicist at her father's company after graduating from college. Working in public relations was the dream job she'd always wanted; until her father assigns her with her very first client case that is a little too personal for her liking. Joey Carino is a rock god superstar, and also happens to be Charlie's ex-boyfriend from way back when he was an aspiring artist which didn't end well. Now she is assigned to get Joey back on track an ...more
Victoria
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Samantha
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Laura McCarthy Benson, i really enjoyed it, loved how it was enemies to lovers. There were some interesting plot twist specially the emails we learn about early on in the first couple of chapters.
It won't be my last read from this author
Shannon Caswell
HOLY HELL! This is one of the best books of 2016 for me! I loved every single second of it! In fact it might be a holiday gift for all my friends because I "heart" this story. Charlie is found in a little bit of a pickle when she has to manage her ex-boyfriend as his publicist for him. I know what you are thinking...they end up falling back in love and it's the same old story over again. Oh no it's not my friends, no it's not! Charlie is conflicted in her emotions for Joey, a famous rock star no ...more
Samantha Bilodeau
*3.5 Stars Rounded Up

The push and pull between Matthew and Charlie will have you on the edge of your seat and yelling at these two to get it together! (In that really fun way, of course.)

Charlotte (Charlie) is given her first solo PR client and... it's her ex-boyfriend/high school sweetheart who broke her heart. Worse, Joey (her ex) is managed by his best friend, Matthew, who hates her and has basically always been a jerk to her. Matthew has grown up in all the right places though,
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a great debut book!
Back to Good by Laura Benson had me entertained from start to finish. It flowed perfectly. Matthew, Charlie and Joey are likeable and totally down to earth characters. Charlie is the girl next door that everyone likes... She sweet with a bit of sass.The boys are just scrumptious. Joey is the slightly out of control, sexy as hell rock star and Charlie's ex-Boyfriend. Mathew is just dreamy. Yummy from head to toe. He's Joey's best friend and Charlie's worst nightmare.... P
Natasha
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5* read.

I love rockstar romances, its one of my favourite genres so I was really excited to read this.

First off I loved the front cover, really eyecatching and was one of the main reasons I wanted to read this book. The front cover is always one of the first things that grabs my attention and the main reason I'll pick up a book. This was different to other rockstar books I've read and I did feel it was unique in its own way. I struggled with rating it between 3* and 4*
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Started off well, I liked the premise - but this took a nosedive for me pretty quickly. I like the author's writing style, so it was the story itself I had issues with. I thought the huge drama at the end was a cop-out, the love triangle dynamic was overplayed throughout the last half of the story, and I don't know what was up with the Eva girl, but that felt incredibly out of place.

See my full review on my blog, Novel Addiction.

Disclaimer: I received an advanced copy in exchange for a review.

• Bait (The Dangerous Distractions, #2)
  • Your Rhythm (Sherbrooke Station, #1)
  • The Key to My Heart (Surrender to Love #1)
  • Under the surface ( Love is not enough, #2 )
  • No One Like You (Chateau Jolie, #1)
  • The Devil to Pay
  • Crossing Double (Heartbreaker #3)
  • The Texture of Love
  • Hard Deal (Melbourne After Dark, #2)
  • Keep Me Safe
  • Impossible (Huntsford Hearts, #1)
  • Toxic Secrets (Secrets, #1)
  • Heller Brothers Hockey — A Five Book Hockey Romance Collection (Heller Brothers #1-5)
  • Burning Bond (Holly Woods Files, #6)
  • Epic Sins (Epic Fail, #1)
  • What She Gave Away (Santa Barbara Suspense #1)
  • Twenty One
  • Invisible Love Letter (Love Letter, #1)
Laura Benson was born in 1968, during a year of terrible strife.

She is a wife and the mother of two daughters, one stepson, and the grandmother of precocious 8 month old. With Two basset hounds and the Arizona dust, she can't seem to keep her floors clean.

Her penchant for wine has gotten her into more than trouble than necessary. Especially when she is with her friends.

Originally fro