Start by marking “One Step Closer” as Want to Read:
One Step Closer

One Step Closer

Published October 15th 2016 by Kahlen Aymes Books, Inc.

Start your review of One Step Closer
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
As a reviewer, I feel an obligation to share my honest opinion, even if unfavorable, but it's never harder than when you've been given a copy for review. This story does have some high points, such as the passion between Wren and Caleb. The love scenes are sexy and written well. There are some feelings between the character that come across as coming from a genuine place. However, I found it very difficult to accept some of Caleb's actions. (view spoiler) ...more
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can Caleb just make up his mind already?!

FRUSTRATION TO THE BIGGEST LEVEL OVER HERE!

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
*3 Stars*

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

One Step Closer is a second chance love story. Caleb is in love with his stepsister Wren. Although having a wealthy father, his upbringing was still troubling and sad. From the beginning, Caleb and Wren loved each other, but just being "step-siblings" and their families kept them apart. This story is pretty long winded and we get a substantial amount of flashbacks! We're in Caleb's head quite a lot and his character was a bit frustrating to me. He cam/>One/>*ARC
Shayna
It's been quite a while since I've read a good stepbrother romance. This genre isn't for everyone, but give me anything just the slightest taboo, and I am ALL OVER IT! On top of that, ONE STEP CLOSER takes the stepbrother romance to another level and gives us a second chance love story as well. A second chance, stepbrother romance? This is a first for me and I enjoyed it very much! It was sexy, heartwarming, and frustrating at times but it had a sexy beast of an alpha male as a hero and it's har ...more
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by TRSOR Promotions.

I really enjoyed this book.
If you love second chance romance, you will probably like this too.
Caleb and Wren were brought together many years ago when their parents married.
Even though they came from wealthy families, their upbringing was rather difficult.
Unfortunately, regardless of their connection and love, they were separated by their parents and their poor choices.
After some years apart, they are back in Denver to attend Caleb's father funeral
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

One Step Closer is an Adult, Romance written by Kahlen Aymes. I was gifted a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review through The Rock Stars of Romance .

4 Solid Stars!
Amazing, Heartfelt and Beautiful! We should all have a Caleb in our lives!

The Review:
I very much enjoyed this sexy, delightful, emotional book! Right out of the gate, you know you’re in for one heck of a ride. The angsts and intensity was palatable from the first sentence and forward. I loved the/>/>4/>One
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
You've heard of that saying 'you can't choose your family' right? That is even more true when one of your parents remarry and you have a step family to blend with. Blended families can be tough at the best of times and no one can predict how it will all pan out. Sometimes it is a complete disaster and for others, the best thing to happen for them all.

Caleb is struggling to deal with the death of his mother when his father brings home his new wife - a super model who now works as the
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
3.5 Stars!
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
One Step Closer by Kahlen Aymes
4 stars!!!

“I could lose everything and anyone and live through it, but I can’t lose you.”

When two families become one there are always teething problems, resentment and anger. Throw into the mix a gold digger and those emotions of anger and resentment grow exponentially, especially when essentially replacing an irreplaceable mother. Also add into that mix a gold digger that treats her own flesh and blood like crap and One Step Closer is born.
/>
Sara
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review.

OMG! I loved this story! Wren and Caleb are two beautiful souls who had difficult upbringings even though it was done in the life of luxury.

Wren's mother ends up marrying Caleb's father after he loses his mother to cancer. Veronica, Wren's mother, promptly tries to take over the house and doesn't know what to do with Caleb. He is a resentful teenager and wants nothing to do with his new step-mother and her daughter.

Caleb hat
Margaret
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one.
Caleb is an incredibly angry young man brought on by circumstances from his childhood.
Wren is the beautiful young Cinderella whose had to deal with her horrible mother. I love how Wren blossoms into a confident lady.
I think my favourite character has to be Jonesy, the housekeeper slash friend slash part of the family.
This is a gorgeous love story, where Caleb is head strong and alpha and Wren has so much strength she doesn't even realise she has.
Coco.V
Jan 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/3/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
From the USA Today bestselling author of The Remembrance Trilogy, The After Dark Series, & The FAMOUS Novels, comes a sexy, new standalone novel.

They only had each other, until one forbidden night ruined everything…

STEPSISTER. He hated that f*cking word.

When their parents got married, the only thing Caleb Luxan had in common with Wren Brashill was that they both hated their parents. When he was sixteen, Caleb discovered Wren's cl
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
"...he'd never considered they could be more. He loved her. He'd always loved her, but he'd always considered her off limits."

Caleb and Wren were thrown together and formed an alliance against the world, and even with everything possible attempting to tear them apart, they reunite many years later, and the pull is just as strong. Caleb's protectiveness, adorable sweetness, and touch of bad-boy swagger had me glued to the pages hoping for it all to work out. The Author made us work fo
Emmbooks
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
A New author for me, i was pleasantly surprised by how much i enjoyed this book.

told in 3rd person, we get to see how step siblings Caleb and Wren spend one incredible night together, and the fallout that comes after.

Second chance romances are always a go to for me, throw in a hot step brother and im usually in literary heaven!

i loved the little glimpses into the past, getting to see how they developed such a close relationship.

My only slight issue with this book is the cover. Yes, Caleb tak
Susan (susayq ~)

I really, really, really wanted to love this. And while there were some things I did love, the whole thing just didn't work for me. Wren and Caleb had enough going against them in the first place and I felt like Macy (who I HATED) was just an added roadblock to them being together. I'm sure that was her purpose LOL but like I said, Wren and Caleb had this history and complications between them, and Wren's horrible mother. I felt like that was enough to try to keep them apart
J.L. Mac
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity to read One Step Closer by the lovely Kaylen Aymes before she published it and it was... everything. I have so many things to say about this book. Well written, perfectly woven together to tell an endearing tale of second chance love between two characters that will make you squirm and ache and swoon! If you haven't grabbed your copy, your nuts!
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Oct 17, 2016 marked it as to-read
Kahlen Aymes knows how to write epic incomparable love stories. You can literally feel the raw emotions dripping off the pages... Caleb and Wren's unbreakable bond and unparalleled chemistry is extraordinary and palpable. This is how love stories should be written!!
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
perev-465x365

Again, Kahlen gives us a story that is anything but ordinary. She takes her eloquent words and pulls you deep within the story. She gives you passionate and in depth characters that you just want to read about forever.

In this story you get Caleb and Wren, step siblings. But these are very broken souls due to their losses and the pain they live in daily thanks to parents who are beyond dysfunctional and take every opportunity to make their children suffer. Very early on, Caleb takes Wren under his wing,
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Melanie
(5 stars)

One Step Closer is a second chance, step romance. Caleb and Wren come back to Denver to attend the funeral of Caleb’s dad, Edison, who also happens to be Wren’s stepdad. We are shown, through some memories from the pair, how the two went from ignoring each other to loving each other, only for a series of unfortunate events to tear them apart right when they could have a had a chance at happiness together.

Now, years later, things are still trying to k
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Going into One Step Closer I was expecting this novel to be centered around an illegal underground fighting ring given the cover…nope…Caleb however is a fighter but it was only mentioned no details added. So if you are thinking this is a mma/boxing/underground fighter novel, let me warn you right now, it is not.

I found myself getting more furious with this novel with every page I turned. I hated Macy but then I also hated Caleb when it came to Macy. So clueless. Anyone can see she wa
Anna
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
I really loved this story. It takes place in current time and we get a glimpse of the past within the story. Cale and Wren have a past that absolutely made for a great present and future. Is there more? Is this a stand alone? Well I really want more, pretty please!

Cale protected Wren when she needed it. Cale was the typical young male making choices to help make him the man he is today. Wren learns of all his sacrifices that benefited her and it just makes her love him even more. Thr
Kathy Coopmans
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When you read a Kahlen Aymes book, you know without a doubt you are headed for an epic love story.
This woman can weave them into a web that you don't want to untangle from.
Wren and Caleb's story is no different. It's beautifully told. Happy and sad. Delightful with a little wicked in the mix.
I loved this story so much. The big strong man who is weak when it comes to the woman he loves is an automatic read for me. Those men make me gush. Caleb is that man.
Congrats to Kahle
Jen
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Cale and Wren's story is so heartfelt. I couldn't put it down.Their struggles and love for each other just suck you in. It's one hell of an emotional ride and I loved every second. I loved the strength of the characters. I always love when they follow their hearts. The ending is amazing. I didn't want it to end. Loved, Loved it!
M.K.
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Caleb is in love with Wren. Wren is in love with Caleb. Lots of drama and angst, but this was a great book. I highly recommend it! Former Step siblings reunite at the death of his father and it's like nothing has changed. This was my first book by this author but it won't be my last!
Bloggers From Down Under
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

I am going to admit that this review is a struggle for me.....Yes guys the struggle is real.

I am a huge fan of step sibling relationships. Why I have no idea, but I know they aren't for everyone, but for me they are draw card for me when wanting to review a novel.

One Step Closer.....I had such a love/hate relationship with this novel.
Please let me explain why....

Caleb. I absolutely loved Cal
Sandra De Gouveia
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dawn Brady
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Read Copy of this book. I cannot tell you how much I loved this book. I didn't want it to end! But then again, I feel that way about all of Kahlen's books.

You will instantly fall in love with Caleb. He and Wren become part of each others lives when Caleb's dad marries Wren's mom after Caleb's mom passes away. Caleb is hurt at the death of his mother and rebels against his father for not being there for him. Wren's mom is a money hungry and hateful woman who mak
Frances
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
I love that this got right to the point. No super long back story of who, what and why. You found all that out along the way.
You find that Caleb is Wren's protector. She's been treated like crap all her life by her 'perfect' mother (Caleb's now stepMONSTER) and Caleb puts a stop to that. Even when he has to make sacrifices. Caleb has had a crap relationship with his Dad since his mom passed away when he was younger. He does everything he can to push his dad's buttons.
They are both a little bro
Liz's Book Bucket List
I HATE writing reviews like this, but not everyone can love all books. I want to state that there were a lot of positives to this book, but I had to be honest with my rating which is based off of how the book made me feel. I just could not get into this book, in fact, I almost DNF’ed it because I did not want to finish it, but I did speed read the last 50 % so that I could share my opinions on the entirely of this novel.

I struggled with was the writing style that Aymes chose for this
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
This is my first ever Kahlen book, never mind my first ever Step Brother book & I truly wasn't sure what to expect. I have to say I was disappointed with Caleb & Wren!! From the very beginning you are swept along on an emotional roller coaster, as you follow this pair through some turbulent times & heart-achey moments. You feel their pain & sorrow as they try their hardest to repair the past & potentially build a future that includes each other.

Caleb, son to a sup
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Cover Reveal 1 6 Sep 19, 2016 09:48AM

• Secret Bay High Bully (Secret Bay High #1)
  • The Vow (North Woods University #4)
  • Stepdork
  • Panty Dropping Billionaire: A Billionaire Romance Series
  • PRES (Bay Falls High - the Rulz #1)
  • Fighter's Kiss (Irish Kiss #3)
  • Obsessed
  • Spring: A High School Bully Romance (Sunset Beach High Book 3)
  • Play With Me (Diamond In The Rough #1)
  • Summer: A High School Bully Romance (Sunset Beach High Book 4)
  • The Dare (North Woods University, #2)
  • Winter: A High School Bully Romance (Sunset Beach High, #2)
  • Unforgettable (Haven Falls #4)
  • Secret Bay High Secrets (Secret Bay High #2)
  • Stealing Home (St. Michaels Duet, #2)
  • Interference (St. Michaels Duet, #1)
  • Unbelievable (Haven Falls #2)
  • Give In
Kahlen is an award-winning author of sizzling hot, deeply moving contemporary romance. Her stories are filled with intense love, passion, angst and emotion that breathes life into her characters and leaves her readers captivated. She lives near Omaha, Nebraska with her daughter, Olivia and their three dogs. Creative by nature, she enjoys the arts, music and theater... But the love of her life is w ...more