Start by marking “Some People Deserve To Die” as Want to Read:
Some People Deserve To Die

Some People Deserve To Die

Alan Davies, a naive and vulnerable teenager, is tricked into committing an immoral and abhorrent crime. Riven by guilt and remorse he runs, but he can’t outrun his conscience.

For twenty years, Alan tries to silence his conscience with alcohol and drugs as fate and chance propel him in to the dangerous world of smugglers, nationalists, guerrillas, and mercenaries.

Battling
Paperback, 2, 246 pages
Published April 13th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Some People Deserve To Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some People Deserve To Die

Start your review of Some People Deserve To Die
Angj Brooks
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-read-wins
A very interesting read full of guilt, revenge and violence. Also there was a very interesting double twist which gave the book an added depth which I personally found quite interesting.

Highly recommended although perhaps it might be best to not read this on public transport like I did, as for some reason I got a few funny looks...
Grant
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
What did I just read? I won this in a giveaway on Goodreads, not really knowing what to expect. What I got was a meandering story about someone who did something stupid and spent the rest of his life going from bad to worse.
Zhenya Kondratovski
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read, could not put it down, wanting to know, what happens to the main character next. Very gripping story line, tale of guilt, pain, vengeance and redemption with a plot twist in the end, that no one can see coming. Very well researched, painstakingly raw emotionally, it has a lot of detailed and visceral imagery. I loved the exotic places and tangles, danger and close calls, that main character finds himself over and over again. Being “down and out”, more than once or twice, he tries to ...more
Patricia Ann
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alan has lived life of vengeance and loathing since a life changing, guilt filled event when he was 16. He escalates his level of violence as years go by until he himself is at the lowest level. A windfall inheritance allows him to return home, to that turning point in his life and seek revenge against those who truly deserve to die because of what they did to him. The book held my interest throughout, reading about Alan's de-evolution, his world of cruelty, his formation of his own 'family' wit ...more
Amber - Eat, Tan, Read
Marissa
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Win

It is about a story of a guy who ran away from home for the past twenty years thinking he did a hideous crime but in truth he did not. But in his time awayf rom home he finds himself doing other crimes in his travels to survive.

When he finally comes home he tries to make amends but finds out the truth behind things as he ends up In a rehab place.. How life comes into a full circle and the things that were hidden and taken the wrong way.

An interesting read of running from one
Marnie Lleuful
Jun 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Communicate with your loved ones

In the beginning and the middle was going slow for me and I thought I would never finish this book but I persevered and it came through at the end as it got more intense and interesting. I thought wow I wasn’t expecting that, sad and tragic how people can go through life not knowing the real truth and destroying their lives because of lies and not communicating enough to find out what really happened. I think it was well written, it just needs to have a bit more s
Rick Molitor
Misunderstanding

This is a story about a man who stumbles through his life misunderstanding what has happened. He does some different and terrible things because he never took the time to question what was happening. I felt it was an average read that did really keep me wondering what was next. However, it does make you stop and think.
Donna Shaw
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alan spent 20 years terrorized by guilt for an action taken by him as a teenager. These years are spent drowning his guilt with running, drugs, alcohol and violence. He finally goes to rehab and decides what he must do for revenge. This is an excellent book with a blindsiding twist.
DAVID ALSPECTOR
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story

This was my first Colin Knight book but definitely not the last. A great tale with strong characters and twists & turns in all the right places to keep the pages turning. 100% recommended.
Jan Fortini
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Due to life issues, it took me longer than normal to finish the book. But I did and I really enjoyed it.
Dawn Goodall
Sep 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

A well written story with a spectacular ending that I didn't see coming. I'm looking forward to reading more books by this author.
Carol
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angst and vengeance

Not my usual choice of books, there were some editing mistakes. The ending was a little weak.
Some People Deserve To Die is a dark and sad tale.
Ralph Jones
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mr Knight has skillfully crafted a tremendously entertaining and at times quite disturbing story in Some People. I have also read Knight's "Bad Analysis" which was an excellent read, but this certainly trumps it. He has great ability and should very much be considered a serious author as opposed to a hobbyist writer.

Other reviewers have detailed the story, which is rich in variety, with gritty content and emotion. It's a book that will stay with me for some time.

It really doesn't get much bette
Barb VanderWel
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Feb 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Book of Longings
  • Bullets at Sunset
  • The Blind Trust (The 509 Crimes Stories Book 3)
  • Redhead by the Side of the Road
  • Color of Blood (Dennis Cunningham, #1)
  • The Lost Soul of the City (Nameless: Season Two #1)
  • More Time in the Army
  • Two for the Money (Harry Starke #2)
  • Five Knives (Will Finch Mystery, #0)
  • The Traveling Man (The Travelers, #1)
  • Twice Removed (FBI Thriller #2)
  • The Red Lotus
  • Eagles in the Wilderness SHORT story (Eagles of Rome series): A Tullus 'long' short story
  • The Abandoned
  • Retribution (Psychic Detective Kate Pierce Crime Thriller #1)
  • The Ranger (Concho #1)
  • The March: A Forgotten Legion short story (Forgotten Legion Chronicles)
  • Romancing Redemption (Redemption #1)
Colin Knight was born in Manchester, England to working class parents – his father painted houses and drove delivery trucks; his mother worked in a retirement home. He and his four siblings shared a small three-bedroom house on an unremarkable city owned housing estate ten miles from the city centre. From seven to sixteen years old, he held newspaper and milk delivery jobs, which he did, before sc ...more