Jump to ratings and reviews

Better Blogging with Photography: How to Maximize Your Blog Using Your Own Images

There is truth to the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words. As a blogger, are you weary of constantly hunting for images to illustrate the subject of your blog posts?

Perhaps you are a new blogger struggling to get more readers. Or a seasoned blogger continually seeking inspiration for quality blog posts.
This guidebook is designed to help you utilize your own images on your blog or website.

While free image sites abound, there are limitations to using so-called “free” images. Gone are the days when bloggers can innocently copy and paste an image from the web and paste it into their blog post.

What will you get out of this guide?
In each chapter I give easy but important tips for maximizing the use of images on your blog’s website and within each blog post.
Seven informative chapters walk you through--
-the importance of using images;
-the real dangers of using others’ copyrighted images;
-easy ways to edit your images using free programs and apps;
-building unending inspiration and content around your own images;
-attracting readers with images used in quotations, blog link-ups, and other tools;
-how social media sites link your images, and why you need them;
-a list of image resources available.

After reading this short guidebook, you will want to grab your smart phone or inexpensive digital camera and start taking photos!

50 pages, Kindle Edition

Published July 6, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Terri Webster Schrandt

1 book27 followers
I’m told that at age 4 I began reading. Somewhere there is an old, grainy Polaroid that shows me laying on the floor holding an oversized book upside down in my two-year-old hands. Books meant something to me even then.

I am a non-fiction writer, hobby blogger, photographer, and retired recreation and parks practitioner living in Northeastern Washington State. Upon moving to the Spokane, WA area, I recently retired from my university lecturer adjunct position teaching various courses in the recreation and parks management major.

I always believed that readers made good writers.

Although I loved to read, it wasn't until high school that I discovered that I had a talent for writing. School essays came easily. I joined the school newspaper staff as a senior and as a cub reporter, wrote a variety of news and feature articles.

Writing kept me busy in college, of course, then into graduate school 20 years later.

In between, I used my writing and editing talents at work, and even freelanced some writing and editing projects.

Now actively blogging, I created and wrote my current book from a series of posts related to my experiences with wise use of images on my blog.

I have big plans to self-publish my next book about fitness, but a certain pandemic and move out of state has postponed those plans for the time being.

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives is my blog about living a balanced leisure lifestyle.

My active lifestyle involves windsurfing, stand-up paddling, camping, kayaking, writing, walking the dogs, traveling, and…

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
13 (86%)
4 stars
2 (13%)
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
0 (0%)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.