Start by marking “Flight from Mayhem (Fly by Night, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flight from Mayhem (Fly by Night, #2)

Flight from Mayhem

(Fly by Night #2)

I'm Shimmer, a blue dragon shifter. Thanks to a mistake, I was exiled from the Dragon Reaches and sentenced to work for gorgeous, exasperating Alex Radcliffe, a vampire who owns the Fly by Night Magical Investigations Agency. Every time I turn around, somebody's trying to kill us. But you know what they say: All's fair in love and bounty hunting...

A serial killer is stalki
Published August 2nd 2016 by Penguin Publishing Group

☕️Kimberly
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Galenorn continues to flesh out these characters and I found myself quite attached to this unusual crew. Bette the snake-shifter continues to make me laugh; even as she gets herself into trouble. Ralph has some issues with his pack and a friend from the last book needs help. Chai the jinn and Shimmer's roommate continues to aid them. He has some killer abilities and I enjoy the jabs between him and Alex.

Chase Johnson asks Alex and his agency for help when elderly FAE in Seattle start showing up
Ivy
5 🌟

Nice to see Shimmer, Alex, Ralph, and the others again. Hope they solve the Glenda problem. The case was very interesting. Glad they were able to catch the doppelganger. RIP Shimmer's fish. Sad about what happened to Shimmer's fish and her house. Hope they will be able to stop Tonya's stalker.

Can't wait to read more Yasmine Galenorn books!!!!
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

The Fly By Night series is quickly becoming one series I know I don't want to miss. Though categorized as paranormal romance, FLIGHT FROM MAYHEM reads more like an urban fantasy with a romantic subplot, with the mystery taking center stage. The characters are really what shine, making FLIGHT FROM MAYHEM a super enjoyable read.

Look, even though this book is technically shelved under paranormal romance, you wouldn't know it by reading it. And this is not
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
I love when the second book in a series is just as good as the first book, and that is definitely the case with Flight From Mayhem! First off, I just love the dragon aspect that Shimmer has going on. Even though she is unable to shift unless in the water due to her powers being binded a bit, I still enjoyed how Galenorn plays up her abilities as much as possible. Having been an outcast as a child due to not having any traceable lineage, an important aspect in the dragon realm, Shimmer was a lone ...more
Laurie
Like the first book in the Fly by Night series, Flight From Mayhem has several things going for it but once again I’m missing the blown away feeling I got when I read the first few books in Ms. Galenorn’s Sisters of the Moon series. Although not completely necessary, I would recommend reading the first book, Flight From Death, before this one. Flight From Mayhem does give you some background, but it also references things that happened in the first one several times.

Alex and Shimmer are going th
Sheyla ✎
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I liked Flight from Death, the first book in the Flight by Night series and I was hoping to enjoy this one too.

If you haven't read the first book, some of the details from book 1 are explained in Flight by Mayhem. I do think it would make it easier to follow the characters by reading this series in order.

Shimmer is the main character. She's a blue dragon who was exiled to Earthside after she was caught stealing. Shimmer has started a romantic relationship with Alex Radcliffe, her boss at Fly b
Diane Lynch
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Yasmine Galenorn’s FLIGHT FROM MAYHEM is a captivating and mysterious urban fantasy. Blue dragon shifter, Shimmer, and friends, try to apprehend a serial killer who is murdering elderly Fae in Seattle. This contemporary PNR/urban fantasy takes place in Washington State. It is suitable for adult audiences.

This is the first book that I have read by Yasmine Galenorn. She is one of those authors whose name I keep seeing on covers and thinking, that book looks really good; I need to read it. I’m glad
Lyndi W.
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
*reading chapter one*
"His wheat-colored hair was tousled and shoulder length, and his eyes were pale—frosty as an autumn morning."

*checks cover of book*

*checks chapter one again*
"... wheat-colored hair ... eyes were pale ..."

*looks back at the book cover*

k....

*********** REVIEW ***********

I felt like there was a bit too much going on in this one. We've got a psycho ex-girlfriend, a stalker, a haunted house, a doppelganger, an elemental fire salamander... Well, I think that's it. It
Nalla Reads
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
“Queen of Otherworld Tales, Yasmine Galenorn’s latest Flight From Mayhem in her Fly By Night series is downright eerie.”

**ARC received from NetGalley for an honest review**

Things have been steady at Fly By Night investigations, but when cases fall into the team’s lap alongside a friend’s troubles and a ghostly neighbor, it goes hectic fast.

Bette’s always been the rock steady go to gal at Fly By Night Investigations for Shimmer, but she’s worried a dear friend may be in danger, and her gut is rig
Kris Saluga
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DISCLAIMER: I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review......

Oh my Gosh!!!!! Shimmer and Alex are back and boy are they badder than ever!!!!! When Bette, their beloved friend and co-worker gets kidnapped by a serial killer, they have to race against time to find her before she meets the same fate as the killer's other victims. Little do they know that the killer is a more powerful enemy than either of them could have anticipated. Amongst all of this, Alex and Shimmer are trying to figure
Elisa
I enjoyed this one a bit more than the first, though there are a ton of story threads they have to untangle in this tale. More ghosts, supernatural bad guys, relationship issues and more.
Entertaining and the characters started to grow on me. They all speak a little too stilted, with long sentences, but whatcha gonna do.
Dena
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A intriguing and satisfying story line full of complex, interesting, and relate-able characters. I especially appreciated being able to chill with the book each night during my three intensive days in Sacramento.
Minx
This review is based on an ARC I received from NetGalley. It is an honest review and the advanced receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.

Supernatural creatures, sexy times and a murderer on the loose, this is a page turner! At first this was a little hard to get into without having read the previous book in the series, which in this case would have been helpful. Once the background information had been established I did come to find myself enjoying this book very much.

Shimmer is a
Jacque
The minute I read in the blurb for Flight from Mayhem I knew I was going to have to read this book. Vampires. Investigations. Friends in danger! Everything here a PNR addict could possibly want and then there is the icing on the cake…dragons! And did you see that cover. Oh yeah, happy dancing here.

I love Shimmer! Dragon shift raised as an orphan having no knowledge of who her parents are or why she was abandon, now she is learning to live in the human world. That makes for many layers with havin
Melissa
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 06-25-16, 06-30-16
I was selected to read an uncorrected proof of this book, pre- release, from Yasmine Galenorn, the author. I agreed to an honest, unbiased opinion.
Flight From Mayhem is book #2 in the Fly By Night series, and what a book it is ! Sit down and be prepared to stay there , as you won't be able to put this tale down. It's just that incredible.
I love Dragons, and one of the main characters is Shimmer, a blue dragon shifter. Shimmer works for Alex Radcliffe ( an insanely hot vampire that I'd love to m
Summer Mason
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I was privileged with an arc of this book and n exchange for An honest review actual book will be released on August 2nd, 2016
This is the 2nd book in the fly by night seires by the very talented Yasmine galenorn. In this sequel we learn more on Alex and shimmer relationship,Ralph's surprise and the dangers of a serial killer preying on the elderly fae. A few members of the otherworld seires are involved with finding the killer. When Bette gets more involved and the plan goes dangerou
Darcy
With this book it seems like Shimmer is getting more at home at Earth and ends up realizing that her punishment of being sent to Earth was the best thing for her. She has found great friends and a place that feels like home, something that as a foundling she lacked in the Dragon Realm.

The cases that the group worked were interesting. I especially liked the one with Mary the ghost. I was glad that they were able to help her find her peace. The other case was disturbing, mostly because of how the
jennifer
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was selected to read and review this book in arc form. Not yet for purchase. Mark your calendars.
This book has kept me up far later then I should be. What I love is that this can be read as a stand alone. Its full of the most amazing characters, and keeps you turning pages. Also cameos from already loved characters. Running with shimmer and Alex, feeling the brotherly affection from chain. Don't pass this one by, monsters run rampent and ghosts a plenty, keeping the fly by night agency busy. A
Jonathan Cody
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DISCLAIMER: I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review......

Shimmer and Alex have returned in a very big way. Most series are known for having a slow start, but this is not one of those. Immediately out of the gate with just the second book, they have already come across something else that I have never heard of before. When it decided to take their friend, that is when the gloves comes off and anything goes. Definitely cannot wait to see what new creature will appear next.
Kim
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did two completely different people write the first book and this one? I mean seriously, the way they are written is as different as day is to night. This book is everything I wanted in the first book. Seriously. Where the first book was stilted and had a severe over use of names; "the readers know who you're talking about without having the name brought up in every single sentence. No one talks that way. We are not idiots.".. this book was more rhythmical and flowed much better.

Some of the sam
Beth Tilley
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Galenorn certainly knows how to write a fantastic, fast paced action packed book! I love all her series. Shimmer is slowly figuring out Earthside, strengthening her relationship with Alex and her friends and continuing to battle Alex's ex Glenda. However, the spiciness of the Otherworld series is missing here.
Hyper
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always this author is a must read. I started reading her Otherworld series a few years ago, and In this new series she doesn’t disappoint. Her characters are enchanting, strong. They have flaws that make them seem more real and give you more reasons to care about them.

I can honestly say I will read whatever this Author puts out
Deanna
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is the first book from this author that I have read. I enjoyed the story and the writing was fairly smooth. I wasn't rapt by the read which is why it took me so long to finish it. But the writing was good and entertaining. I may read more of her work, when I find it.
Jeanne M. Jacquet
The New World.

I can't wait for the next book. I really like the characters and am glad that they are part of the Seattle world along with Chase and the characters in the Otherworld series. They seem so real.
Natasha
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved how characters from sisters of the moon novel is also mentioned in this book, as i read the second book i started to enjoy the story more as it starts to unfold, looking forward to the next book to see what lies ahead
Charlie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Typical. Great settings, great plot and subplots, recycled characters.
Louisa
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book was fantastic! Shimmer is just plain awesome, and I love the crew at Fly by Night, they're amazing!
Christopher Gosvener
to bad there isn't more.
Johanna
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received a free book and I am reviewing it voluntarily**

Alex and Shimmer make a powerful team and every new story makes this series better and better!
Mary Beth
Fun! Ghost hunting with were beasts and witches! This series is good!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Love Means... Endurance (Farm, #8)
  • Once Upon a Highland Summer
  • Flameout (Souls of Fire, #3)
  • Grave Matters (Night Owls, #2)
  • Arresting Love (Wild R Farm, #2)
  • Shotgun Sorceress (Jessie Shimmer, #2)
  • Trial by Fire
  • Trancehack (Magic Born, #1)
  • Dune Drive (Chesapeake Diaries #12)
  • Too Far Gone (Lucy Kincaid, #14)
  • Darkfire Kiss (Dragonfire, #6)
  • Black Wings Shorts
  • Grim Tidings (Hellhound Chronicles, #2)
  • Vendetta (Deadly Curiosities, #2)
  • Immortally Embraced (Monster M*A*S*H, #2)
  • Sending Jack Off To Jesus (A Southern Thing, #2)
  • The White Lily (Vampire Blood #3)
NOTE: I SELDOM visit Goodreads and do very little here. Please see my website for more information on my work: https://galenorn.com

New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today bestselling author Yasmine Galenorn writes urban fantasy and paranormal romance, and is the author of over sixty books & numerous series, including the Wild Hunt Series, the Fury Unbound Series, the Otherworld Serie

Fly by Night (2 books)
  • Flight from Death (Fly by Night, #1)