Start by marking “Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds” as Want to Read:
Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds

Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds

Happy
Trapped in a cage…

I was running against time and desperate to conquer my fears with my “don’t forget to be awesome” plan.
One night, I was sulking over my uglier-than-homemade-sin life and reeling from another painful loss. As I thought about my new life, a handsome gent named Hunt Hardick sat next to me. He looked like a good start and was likely a
Published October 17th 2016 by Hyp Notic Press

To ask other readers questions about Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds

Start your review of Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds
Paperback Princess
5+++++ sequined stars!!!!!

Now let me just say I'm not usually a warm and fuzzy kind of girl but I can't help but feel exactly that when I read one of A Wildwells books. I swear her writing has the ability to soften my cynical heart..this new one has turned me into a swooning mess...sigh!!

I was lucky to get an ARC for Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds so here's my honest review.

I absolutely loved this story about Hunt Hardick insanely handsome, sexy flirt gynecologist who we
BexLOVESBooks
Shelves: favorites
THIS BOOK, IS WHY I READ... to be swept away, consumed, left completely fulfilled and satisfied from my head to my toes, yet yearning and starving for MORE MORE MORE.

Sitting here, beside myself in AWE, amazed and inspired by these characters that I'm quite certain had to have been written about ME for ME, because isn't it just the most amazing feeling, to step out side of yourself and be on the outside looking in. Even just to get just a glimpse of yourself through the words of another. But
MyMy (PunchDrunkLibrary)
Shelves: romance
How the hell am I supposed to write a review for a book like this? This book was FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC! I am beginning to see a pattern in my reviews. Every single time a book takes my breath away, it seems to take away my thinking, typing and just overall reviewing abilities!! It sucked me in so much I didn’t even stop to make a single edit!!

I know there are so many books out there that give you the feels, but Of Winged and Creatures & Nesting Grounds gave me the feels on a complet
Betül
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Maybe it's unrealistic to want to look into a woman's eyes and see her soul."

I just knew I had to get my hands on this book as soon as possible, and I didn't even read the blurb. This is my third book by the author and she keeps coming up with very unique and refreshing plots and amazing characters. I alreadclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
"Maybe
Zuray yaruz7
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "QUIRKY" stars
*ARC provided by the author in exchange of an honest review*

OF WINGED CREATURES & NESTING GROUNDS photo 1473647976964_zpsjdblvdav.jpg

I'm so mad that this story ended but even more mad that Dr. Hunt Hardick is not real and his not in my life damn it, damn it, damn it Whyyyyy.
Yes I loved him he was perfect he was a kind, attentive, forgiving (sometimes a little too much), dirty talker, softie.

Happy is a girl that has gone through
Liv | Books to Liv by
Title: Of winged creatures and nesting grounds
Author: A. Wilding Wells
Rating: 4 stars
HEA: (view spoiler)
“I’m not much for company tonight.”
“I’m not company. I’m just a guy.”

photo Schermata 2016-10-16 alle 22.48.13_zpsudmtgx8w.jpg

I loved loved loved this novel.
It was wonderfully written and honest and unbelievably realistic.
I loved both of the main characters: Happy our quirky and broken heroine who embarks herself on a journey of self discovery and forgiveness; Doctor Hunt Hardick, the gynecologist that every wom
Melissa (Corrupted BY Smut)
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay, let me start off by saying that when I finished this book, I really couldn't decide how I wanted to rate it. I felt while reading it, some parts in the middle of the story were a little slow paced for me (the cabin etc) and so at first I felt that it was going to sway my review. (But that's probably cuz I'm a nut case and just wanted to see them together already!!! The slow burn was killing me) But then I sat, and sat, and sat some more, and when I realized that I couldn't get this story o ...more
Ash.loveofbooks
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
>3 letter word to describe reading this book
(Answer: Wow)

>(2 words) Author who writes books that make me fall in love with her characters over and over again. A. ________ __________
(Answer: A. Wilding Wells)

>(3 words)Balthazar, Hawke, Dr. Hunt Hardick, Matilda, Sloan and Happy
(Answer: Characters I Love)

Once again A. Wilding Wells has captivated me with her beautiful words and quirky, lovable characters. Happy, like her name is truly a one
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
3 “PLANS ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN” stars.

Do you know what, I quite enjoyed this book despite my low rating, Hunt sexy-selflessness and Happy quirkiness enamored me from the very first chapter, but sometimes lovable characters are not enough.

The story started a little off for me, then it got so much better and I was so excited about it, those text messages between Hunt & Happy had me laughing my ass off, then we went to the ranch, things got hot and then…. I was like “Wait, what is going on here?…” Th
Taylor
I’m not going to lie this book didn’t punch me in the feels, or leave me seeing sequined stars. It was, however, cheeky enough to keep me flipping through the pages. I enjoyed the snarky and sometimes lyrical writing style, and felt the scenes landed how they were intended. I’m guilty of blushing at Hunt’s quips and dirty talk, as well as chuckling during Happy’s internal dialogue despite the over-the-top theatrics and predictability of it all. Their instalove (is it still instalove if it’s one- ...more
Lisa
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review
Thank you to the author for providing me an ARC in exchange of an honest review.

My Review:

I was pulled in without even the chance of ever coming out!

Going to the doctor, especially a gyno is such horrid experience (don't lie its true ladies) We all hate it, Well get ready to love going cause Dr. Hung Dick, oops I mean Dr. Hunt Hardick will change your mind (The Doctor is In)

I can't tell you how much I loved my #stingqueen A. Wilding Wells work, && Of Winged Crea
Maren Lee
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't honestly know how to review this book. It was so quirky and whimsical and lovely. It made me love AWW even more than I already did. This is her best work to date.
Sanela
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
5 STARS

Thank you to A. Wilding Wells for being so generous and sending me an ARC of her book Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds. She has created another beautiful masterpiece. I honestly want to live in one of her books and feel the love of these men that she writes about who are so beautiful and perfect in every sense.

I honestly did not want this story to end. I haven't laughed this much while reading a book in so long and it was the best therapy. This was such a
Dita
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Look at you, my little bluebird. So beautiful."

oooohhh Dr.Hunt....he's so sweet, so selfless, so kind. A man who wants someone to love and built a family. What's not to love. Yup loveeee him, although I want to slap him for that "Sela" thing. He totally swept me off my feet with his kindness, sweetness and his hotness, especially his hotness. Can I have him as my personal doctor?
And Happy...Love this quirky girl. All she wanted was to fly to face her fears. I love how she embr
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
This book amazed me!!! Thought provoking, sweet, witty and romantic to its core!!!
Happy is a woman trying to find herself; she is a woman locked in her shell.
All it takes is a chance meeting to change her life and views.
Dr. Hunt Hardick is looking for a woman to share his life with. He never expected to find everything in a girl with the name Happy Go Lucky.
Follow these two as they try to find themselves.
I loved how the author created such an original book. It is ro
Karin
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another extremely emotional story from A. Wilding Wells. Hunt is probably the sweetest guy in the world. He's desperate for a wife and family of his own. This leads him to make decisions not so great for him.

Happy is desperate to reboot her life after a devastating blow that demolished her world. She is closed off to the possibility of love for fear of breaking again.

When Hunt and Happy meet they both know there is something special between them, but Happy is reluctant to accept what Hunt want
Brandi
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Paging Dr. Hardick!! This compassionate man with a heart bigger than Texas stole my heart. He's unapologetically himself. That is such a refreshing twist. He loves hard. Happy Go Lucky was the most quirky broken girl with a set of Christmas lights in her purse. She wore sequins everywhere. Recovering from a traumatic confusing event and a skin condition she makes a list and sets out to conquer it. In swoops Hunt Hardick. He helps Happy. So much happens and I don't want to give it away. These two ...more
Melissa
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Was provided and ARC in exchange for an honest review. Devoured it in one night and slept through my alarm and was late for work because of it. This is her best book to date. I loved every second of the delicious tension. I loved the weird story line and the quirky names. I loved her insecurities (and insecurities usually bug me - but this was SO REAL) and loved his confidence. I loved everything about it. I highly recommend this book from this amazing indie author.
Heather andrews
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hunt seems to know just what to say, “you’re going to get yourself beautifully effed if you keep this up,” I say. “And I mean that in the nicest possible way.” I really enjoyed this book, I loved the characters and the book was well written.
Meagen
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** ARC copy in return for an honest review***

5 ***** of Sequined Quirkyness

WARNING: You may never look at Christmas lights the same way again!

This was my first ARC read ever and I could not be any more in love with this story. This was also my second book by A. Wilding Wells. After reading “How To Tame Beasts and Other Wild Things”, I just had to read another story by this author.

And let me begin by saying WOW! I will not give any spoi
sassysistersreadings
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Of Winged Creatures and Nesting Grounds by A. Wilding Wells is the beautifully charming, superbly sweet, and utterly enchanting book about two people who come from different walks of life but when their paths cross emotions run wild, fears break free, but most of all their hearts take flight. From the first moment you meet Happy and Hunt you will be frantically turning the pages because their story is so humorously romantic you will be incapable of stopping once you begin. Happy is a girl who st ...more
Christin
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-favorites
"An hour into Happy Land and I'm smitten." -Hunt

I couldn't say it better than Dr. Hardick. (so easy to fall in love with)
such a beautiful story A. Wilding Wells created. I fell in love from the first page on and was hoping the book were longer.

"She’s exactly what I need: a distraction with the possibility of more. My ideal woman. Confident, but working on herself, though I sense a layer of angst. Inadvertently sexy, and quirky with a side of sarcasm, not to mention
Darla (BookLovinGal) Seebauer
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: romance
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review***
5+++++Stars for Hunt and Happy!!!!!

Just as soon as this sent to my kindle, I immediately started reading it and just finished it at 6.5 hours later. I had a couple pee breaks and wine breaks definitely.

What can I say that I haven't already of this amazing womans books??!! From the first page to the last I was entranced in the chase of Hunt and Happy. I laughed so much reading this!! (I highlighted lots of bante
sl.reads
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
WARNING: Do not read this book on a bus full of people! You will definitely laugh out loud, giggle, and turn beet red! Strangers sitting next to you will give you the evil eye for bothering their boring mundane life because they have not read about Happy and Hunt’s charming relationship.

I was reading this lovely book on my commute and that was a huge mistake!! When I came across her appointments with the Hunky Dr Hardick I was turning 50 shades of beet red. Only A Wilding Wells has t
Jeanne Low
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to get an ARC for of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds.
This is my fourth book by A. Wilding Wells and she keeps getting better and better .
I always adore the cover of this book as they are so colourful, beautiful and unique by it’s own style.

This story is about Dr Hunt Hardick who I fall in love with within the first few pages. He got such a beautiful soul and such an amazing man who just wants a lady to love and have family of his own.

Happy Go Lucky wh
Amber at WickedGoodReads
Happy Lucky and Hunt Hardick. When you have characters with names like that in a book by an author like A. Wilding Wells - you just know you are in for one massive treat. Throw in the fact that Hunt is a dirty talking gynecologist (say what?) and OMFG - I read this book in two sittings. If pesky real life hadnt gotten in the way, it would have been one and done. Such a wonderful, colorful, highly descriptive story of two people who were desperate to find not only themselves but someone to comple ...more
Dee Ellis
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've just recently found the genius that is A. Wilding Wells and have systematically devoured every one of her works! And loved every morsel!

This was an especially delicious chunk of refreshing and unique storytelling. We meet the damaged but sweet and hopeful Happy on the verge of starting a new path. One she doesn't plan to deviate from. Until Hunt Hardick happens, blowing her way off course.

Happy is quirky and flawed and I liked her immediately. Hunt is hot and all too alluring if a bit fru
Flo Grugel
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was kindly provided with an ARC from the author in return for an honest review.
A.Wilding Wells has a unique style of writing I feel like you could begin reading a book and know instantly that it is hers, by the quirky characters she creates and crazy plots.
Happy was a fun character it felt like she took a while to get her head together and go get her man. I enjoyed Dr . Hardicks character, he seemed a little over obsessed with getting the full package- wife and kids.
If you ha
Michelle Krystel
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from beginning to the end. I swear to you i didn't want it to end. It deserves more than a five rating I will tell you that. DR Hunt is the whole damn package you will not and cannot get enough of this man. And when he sees what's under his surface you will fall even harder! And happy this girl has so much baggage you can't help but to feel sorry for her and want what is best for her.
Melanie (mells_view)
 photo 0731AF0D-E4EA-4581-B8C1-C37A697D79CC_zpsxmjgg056.png

Ho-Lee-Quirkfest, Batman!

This story was everything and then some. Of winged creatures & nesting grounds has totally chewed me up and spit me out, with a gentle hug and a happily ever after of course.

Happy. JESUS, Happy. Is probably the quirkiest character I have ever read and I am absolutely entranced by her. Someone who is so beautifully broken, who has so many flaws, but she accepts them in her own way. She has a life plan and she is laser-focused if not a little bit misguided at her current spot in her journey
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Foster
  • Hard: A Military Stepbrother Romance
  • From the Ashes - A Forbidden Series Novella
  • Hell on Heels (Hotel Rodeo, #1)
  • I Am Lioness (The Bloodshed Duet, Book 1)
  • Rope Burn (Boot Knockers Ranch, #5)
  • Yummy Addictions (The Yummy Trilogy #1)
  • Carry Me Home (Off the Map, #3.1)
  • Baller's Baby
  • Conflicted (5th Avenue, #1)
  • The Hitman's Baby
  • Unplugged: A Bad Boy Rockstar Romance
  • Latte Girl
  • Under The Peaches (Teaching Love, #1)
  • Stand (Stone Kings MC, #4)
  • Watching You (KJ Elite Inc #1)
  • Breaking Giants
  • Sacred Hart
A. Wilding Wells is an author, storyteller and creative visionary that writes provocative adult contemporary romance novels. She describes herself as a passionately-obsessive, balance-seeking, oxymoron-living, modern-day dirty-minded woman. She lives on a ranch on the west coast with her husband, four boys and about enough animals to sink an ark.

AWW's newest novel will release on April 11, 2016. How to Tame Beasts and Other Wild Things. An artsy young woman, given the impossible task by her estranged father to score her widowed brother-in-law a wife, instead finds love, self-discovery and redemption
Tender, textured, suspenseful and triumphant. A mind blowing, fast paced, sexually-tense passion, that is an emotional ride of second chances, healing and redemption.

AWW's first novel, A Mess Of Reason, is now available. The sexy and compelling story of the brilliant and sassy Tess Harlow and her best friend, Scout Steele - country rock star. Friends since forever, they've never found "their time". Now she's about to marry Scout's nemesis. But not if Scout has anything to say about it. His best friend may soon become his best lover.

“That unforgettable feeling that is rare and haunting. It’s the sort of thing you feel even when that person isn’t in your presence. Something that escalates and explodes like fireworks when they’re close enough to touch. And when you do touch, anywhere, a fingertip, the back of your hand brushing theirs, it comes to life. A heart-meeting-heart possibility.” 0 likes
“Love is priceless the way it barges in and takes over, wakes you up, then kicks you. The way it rips you apart then abandons you. The way it sits in your heart, sometimes lonely or when hopeful, giddy.” 0 likes