Start by marking “Risking The Vine” as Want to Read:
Risking The Vine

Risking The Vine

(Romancing the Vine #1)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Jacqui Bishop’s dating life is dead in the water, but her professional prospects look outstanding. Promised a management position, she embarks on a team building course at a northern California winery. Shocked when her boss promotes a less qualified rival, Jac opts to chuck her job and revive the family farm.

Luscious Luke Rossi has been banished to Team Vino to learn how t
Published August 31st 2016 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Risking The Vine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risking The Vine

DJ Sakata
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

Luca Rossi was panty-dropping, ovary-exploding handsome. Bella’s nickname for him was well deserved. Luscious Luke indeed.

Thank goodness she wouldn’t have to be the lady lawyers’ walking hemorrhoid for the rest of the week, unwanted and most unwelcome…

Jac shoved her hands under her thighs to keep from applauding Sally’s sudden outburst. The woman could stop looking for a spine donor. She’d grown one all by herself.

A glance around the table confirmed Luke’s theory tha
Erin Kelly
Aug 19, 2016 rated it liked it
As a total sucker for anything wine related, I was really looking forward to this book. Who wouldn't want to spend a week at a vineyard?!? Add in a hot guy, and you have a pretty fun set up.

The Premise: Our heroine is spending a week at a vineyard for a "team building" retreat. Hot guy that she happens to know is also there and, coincidentally, they are the only ones without teams to actually build, so they must "build" together. Or something.

My thoughts: I loved the idea of this book, but fel
A.S. Fenichel
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gemma Brocato’s Risking the Vine is a exciting romp through the wine country.
It was an enjoyable read from beginning to end. Jac and Luke will make you believe in love at first site. I loved these characters; they are sexy and smart.
Brocato manages to bring the harsh realities of the real world in, while maneuvering us through a fairy tale romance. I loved the way jobs, families, friends and past romantic disasters circled them like buzzards, sometimes even diving down and taking a chunk of fl
Cherie
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great read! I had the pleasure of beta reading this story and received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I'm pleased to say Risking the Vine developed into a full story filled with the thrilling highs and frustrating insecurities of a new relationship. Throw in a couple of life altering events, some funny supporting characters and you have Jac and Luke's relationship. Only thing I felt was missing is an epilogue. (I like to see the potential next step in the couple's lives to wrap everyth ...more
Shrimalya
Aug 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
In Risking The Vine, we have Jacqui Bishop who tirelessly works day and night for her company bu isn't appreciated.She is aiming for a promotion and it looks promising.Since she has been already passed over for a promotion, and the position was given to someone who was a relative of the company heads, she is wary.This time, her rival isn't qualified but is again a family member of the boss.She has come for a team building course in order to improve her skills and prospects.

Luke has also been sen
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book for the most part. There were a few minor things that left me questioning why the characters were doing something in particular, but all in all, I did enjoy it.

This story takes place mostly at a "team building" function and both the main characters just happen to be from the same town and at the same place a few hours away and just happened to have met at a previous function, and just happened to be the only two at the team building function without a partner. Lots of
June
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jacqui has been promised a management position and is sent to attend a team building course. Luke Rossi has also been sent to attend by his boss. They had met briefly before, but didn't get a chance to get acquainted. Luckily this course requires them to work together. Sparks fly and love is in the air. Jacqui gets a call from an office worker that informs her the position she has been promised twice now is again given to another of the Boss's relatives. Luke has to return to work early as his b ...more
Amy
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intrigue, a bit of wine country, & a sexy Italian are only a few of the elements that make Risking the Vine an amazing read.

This book has a touch of drama, a splash of romance, & true friendship. It's also about gaining self confidence, seeing your true worth, & reaching for your dreams.

Jac, Jules, Bella, & Marcus were so likeable, you can't help but find yourself cheering for them. And Luke... Luke will definitely be on everyone's list of new book boyfriends.
Cyrene Olson
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Uncaged Book Reviews:

The romance is pretty swift, and there are a few obstacles in the way – mostly their individual careers, but overall the story is well written and the romance is sweet and sexy. I think that the romance fell into place a little too fast, but the characters are likable enough and the Team Building workshop had its moments. Romance lovers that love a good smoldering sex scene, will enjoy this one.

Full review at UncagedBooks.com
Joanne Wadsworth
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got transported to the wine country, with a sexy Italian on the side. This is a delightful read, with wonderful descriptions that really brought the whole story to life. This author has a fantastic ability to weave an adventure into a romantic setting, provide some angst along the way, and tug at the heart strings. A superb romance with a fulfilling HEA.
Nicole Johnson
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Modern and fresh Romance with a real world characters. Steamy details keep the reader interested and wanting more from Jac and Luke. Curl up on the sofa and enjoy this heart warming story of 2 people that risk everything for love.
Claire M
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jac and luke

After being passed over from a promotion last time Jac is in the running again this time but first she has to go on a team building trip by herself!
Luke is trying to help his employers going through a dispute with the nursing staff but in the middle of talks he is sent on the team building exercise is too
Will their blossoming romance ever have anywhere to go after the week?
Susan
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an ARC. I enjoyed the book. Brynn is a woman who runs a bed and breakfast and has been hurt by a violent man named Reggie. That impacts her whole life—she won’t accept help at the inn, won’t be close with another man, is closed off. Psychology and therapy did not work. She starts to trust when Josh comes to town and stays at the inn. But, no one is really good enough for her, as Josh’s old girlfriend tries to break them up, but she does not trust Josh but believes a woman ...more
Sara
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Risking the Vine was an interesting read, there were parts that I really enjoyed and parts that I could have done without. I liked the premise, I enjoyed the chemistry between Luke and Jac, but at times I felt bogged down by the details. Some of the characters intrigued me and I want to read more about them, I'm hoping they might get their own stories, and other characters I felt like too much time was spent on them.

I felt like there was a ton of detail regarding Jac's job, I get that the point
Jennifer Craig
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jacqui Bishop has come to a team building retreat at a Northern California winery in the hopes that it will finally get her the promotion that she deserves. Luke Rossi has been sent to Team Vino to become the team player that the hospital needs. Having briefly met through friends back home at a happy hour, Jazqui and Luke are surprised to run into each other at Team Vino. More than that, they are pleased to be able to get to know each other and build on the initial spark that they felt during th ...more
Melissa
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it

Luke and Jac are paired together at a team building function that is on a vineyard with gorgeous background. This gorgeous background provides a romantic atmosphere for Luke and Jac to enjoy.

Jac is not appreciated at her work. Her company she works for promoted unqualified family members over her. She realizes that there is more to life than working all the time. Luke realizes that Jac is the one for him. Can they realize that they are better working together as a team than apart?
☆☆☆☆
I give this
Amy
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Jennifer Oloughlin
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked that Jac and Luke were at similar crossroads in their lives. They had a quiet understanding and an undeniable pull towards each other. Their strong connection translated into an enjoyable relationship. I love the way the story turned out.

**** I was given an arc from Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review****
Mary Kay
Aline
Sep 24, 2016
Kim  Brewing
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing

What happens when two overworked, career driven people connect while at a team building retreat in wine country? Well they ..... nope - no spoilers here.

This is a well written story with two mature adults! And by that, I mean there is no unnecessary drama and OMG they actually talk! What happens when the road you are you are traveling suddenly doesn't hold all you thought it would? Do you take the fork or forge on ahead. This is the choice given to both Jac and Luke. I loved both charac
Gemma Brocato
Aug 10, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Sally
Caroline
Apr 20, 2017
Julie Duong
Apr 22, 2017
Gemma's favorite desk accessories for many years were a circular wooden token, better known as a 'round tuit,' and a fortune from a fortune cookie proclaiming her a lover of words; some day she'd write a book. All it took was a transfer to the United Kingdom, the lovely English springtime, and a huge dose of homesickness to write her first novel. Once it was completed and sent off with a kiss even ...more

Romancing the Vine (2 books)
  • Chaos Among The Vines