Start by marking “Dein perfektes Jahr” as Want to Read:
Dein perfektes Jahr

Dein perfektes Jahr

Was ist der Sinn deines Lebens? Falls Jonathan Grief jemals die Antwort auf diese Frage wusste, hat er sie schon lange vergessen.
Was ist der Sinn deines Lebens? Für Hannah Marx ist die Sache klar. Das Gute sehen. Die Zeit voll auskosten. Das Hier und Jetzt genießen. Und vielleicht auch so spontane Dinge tun, wie barfuß über eine Blumenwiese zu laufen.
Doch manch
Published August 3rd 2016 by Bastei Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Dein perfektes Jahr, please sign up.
Jenelle Not one bit! There are a few kisses mentioned but not in detail. One instance of the main character and her boyfriend "making love" the night before.…moreNot one bit! There are a few kisses mentioned but not in detail. One instance of the main character and her boyfriend "making love" the night before. Then lastly, one instance where one of the main characters is offered sunscreen applied onto his back... he gets embarassed and it's noted that it could have turned "erotic" but it's in his thoughts for one sentence.(less)

Start your review of Dein perfektes Jahr
Nilufer Ozmekik
Two stars lost in translation and last minute insertion of reluctantly patched romance parts! So I’m giving for three stars just for the idea of creating a diary to tell the people how to enjoy their lives, living it fulfilled, enjoying and feeling each moment, seizing everything they’ve experienced.

Maybe after seeing the cover I keen on reading something soft, swoony and relaxing but what I found out is a heavy dramatic book, with suffocating heavy issues like death, fatal illness, suicide, a
Ange H
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just LOVED this! It had a very "Man Called Ove" vibe to it. It took me a while to warm up to the main characters, but soon I was hooked and couldn't put it down until the end, which I was totally delighted with.
Ida Wilcox
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOODNESS

This book right here. Gave me life.
Plan your life positively.

Let nature take its course.

You cant plan out someone elses life you can only some what control your own.

This book has me wanted to plan out my year for 2020. LOVE IT.

This reminded me of a movie of this girl who was dying of cancer and she wanted to plan out her boyfriends life after she passed away. She wanted him to move on and date and just love life. Excellent movie and this is an excellent book.
Edit: 10/3/
Patricia Bowen
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pretty-good-read
This is a delightful book. I don't normally read romance, but this came recommended and was full of funny, and sometimes sad, twists and turns. We've all been through times when 'what can go wrong, will go wrong', and this story is full of those things, right down to the final pages. Well done, well translated, a good read.
Blondaj
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect book, ironic, comic and easy to read. But it leaves you with some things you have to think about, so the books has done it's job ..
[michele]
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The English translation (Your Perfect Year) was available via Amazon First.

Couldn’t put it down!
Rowace
3.5 stars.
I liked that it was quite unconventional for a chicklit. There were quite some heavy topics (alcoholism, cancer, suicide, dementia etc) and the focus was way less on romance than I expected. As I'm not big on romance, this was a pleasant surprise.
However, towards the end, the inevitable romance is rushed in using a sort of montage sequence that really didn't work for me. I just couldn't see the two MCs as a convincing couple and even the characters themselves thought it was out of ch
Vera
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Another dnf at 80%.

I tried, guys. Theme of the book was really intresting, but delivery... Maybe it was lost in translation but for some reason everything that was in german and then translated to russian is painful to read. Hope that book actually good in native language and it's all translator's fault
Ilse♥
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
** 2,5 stars
I had high hopes for this book. Unfortunately it didn’t live up to my expectations. I disliked Hannah and the story was very predictable. Lucas’ writing style however is okay, I did manage to finish the book. But the story was too weak and too chick-lit-y for my liking.
Nancy Baker
First I'll start with why this wasn't my favorite book: Let's just say I'm not really into romance type stories. I'm not saying this was a sweet, kissy story because it wasn't, but I felt the climax of the story didn't ascent very high up the mountain. The outcome was predictable -- but anything less would have been a disappointment.

So here's the story line:
A young girl and the man she's in love with are on the verge of an engagement. He plans what appears to be a romantic dinner during which
A.A.B
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like good stories which do not rely on sex and violence to impress the reader.
Goth Gone Grey
Charmingly unique novel

I started off reading this a few pages at a time - not recommended as the back and forth chapters between two very different people can take time to get into. Give yourself time to sit, savor, and fall into this book.

Jonathan N. Grief and Hannah's stories exist in parallel worlds for the majority of the book, weaving unique tales for each of them. Finding a book that leads Jonathan to try his Perfect Year changes his life in a number of ways. The inspiration behind th
Marsha
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Your Perfect Year by Charlotte Lucas

This is a good book, a really great story. A story where nothing turns out as the character wish, but everything turns out as it should. An HEA for all. I think the conversations were a little stilted, almost too formal for a love story, but that may well have been in the translation so I did not drop a star for it. I did receive this as my October First Read, so I don't guess many of you have read it yet. You should. It is well worth the time.
Afshawn
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was just something about this book that I simply loved. The story was simultaneously charming and bittersweet, funny and sad. It inspired me to want to make
sure I’m living my life to the fullest! I don’t want to say too much because I quite enjoyed not knowing too much about the plot and letting the realizations sink in and the twists surprise me. I read this in a few days by the beach and it’s perfect for that!

Ultimately I’d rate it 3.5, rounded up to 4.
Paul Edlund
This book was dreck. I really wanted to like it-it was built up quite a bit and I enjoy an uplifting story. However, the ham-handed handling of the theme(s) got in the way of the story and took me out of the book countless times. I gave 1 star to the author and 1 star to the translator because I'm not sure who is responsible for this accident.
Cathy
Be prepared to suspend a little disbelief here. I did, and was won over by this book's charms. This feel-good novel has a little bit of everything: self-discovery, grief, romance, missed chances, and fate/destiny. The book follows two independent storylines and characters at pivotal points in their lives, and the strange coincidences that ultimately bind them together. It's sweet, and although not as skillfully executed as the following, has the same "vibe" as an "Eleanor Oliphant..." "A Man Cal ...more
Razvan Banciu
There is something weird about it. Two stories in one, which flow independently and a steep final. So, there are some questions asked, some you only presume and not even an answer, all depends on your ability (or will...) to solve them. Interesting...
Mw
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Violet Stone
Oh boy, I really didn't enjoy this. But a part of me thinks it's a lost in translation type of book. As it is, it's very stale and does not flow well at all.

Full Review Coming Soon
Mrs. Moira McGeough
This book dealt with some serious issues; grief, childhood trauma, dementia etc, but somehow it didn't quite come off. The stories of the two main characters ran parallel to each other, they did eventually mesh but it was all a bit unsatisfactory. It was a bit chick lit for me, so maybe I'm the wrong age and a younger woman would enjoy it more.
Kate Baker
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

I really enjoyed this book. The twists and turns and alternate points of view kept me enthralled. Everytime I thought I had it figured out, something different happened.
I would have given it a 5 but the ending seemed quite anticlimactic to me. I'm not sure what I was hoping for but the whole book kept me so guessing and then it just kind of fell off.
I still highly recommend reading it for a different story and also, a great idea to make the most of your life!
Dekaydreader
Actually, another book I just couldn't get into. Think I misread Amazon's categorization of this as a romantic comedy, because so far I'm not getting the humor. Perhaps I'll come back to it later, but for now it's being abandoned.
Cindy
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The perfect light fiction that I needed after several serious non-fiction books. A CHARMING STORY about coming to terms with who you are and what needs to change.
Tad
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was definitely a slow burn. It really took its time to get going and fully engage me. The overall premise of the book intrigued me and so I was worried that the author wouldn't be able to deliver on that premise. The book is a bit too cutesy and things wrap up a little too conveniently but there's nothing wrong with any of that. Plus, it is a perfectly inoffensive little book that will just make you happy. And sometimes that all we really want from our books.
Amy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For a book that was presented as a romantic comedy, it lacked both humor and romance, and was very heavy on the suicide*. This was not at all what I was expecting (or wanting after coming off a boring book about sailing, and a too long and tedious book about a decades old murder mystery).

Jonathan Greif is a bit of a curmudgeon, and his life changes when he finds a mysterious diary outlining daily tasks for a "perfect year."

Hannah Marx, the author of the diary, didn't inte
skketch
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***NOVEL THOUGHTS***
3.5

This was a great read with pleasant, unexpected twists. It had a bit of "Amélie" (the French movie) to it as one person tries to make the lives around her better. In the case of this novel, making a life better is done through entries in a daily diary that is found hooked to Jonathan Grief's bicycle as he is out on his usual morning run at the start of the new year. Jonathan's life is at a standstill. He is divorced, annoyed by the most banal things, seem
✿ lorraine
🌕🌕🌑🌑🌑
overall rating : 2 / 5
” ultimately, it made no difference how long someone
lived— what mattered for everyone was the here and now,
living in the moment. “

____________________________
I have this horrendous habit of getting the Amazon First Reads and then never actually reading any of the books. So, this was the start to getting through my miles-long backlog. I wanted to like this book. I really, really did. But it just ultimately wasn’t my type of book.
the good
This is a story/>/>”/>overall
Marjorie
First things first, the translator did a pretty good job with this one. I have studied just enough German to know that their sentence structures and speech patterns do not lend themselves well to translating to English. This does sometimes show in the dialogue between characters as you can tell something has been lost along the way. On the whole though the prose has been handled well and you never feel like the translator is overshadowing the author's intention.

My real problem with t
Celtic's Library
My Thoughts: 3.5 Stars

This book is a darling read that gives off the vibes of Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, A Man Called Ove, and a couple other books of that nature. Jonathan Grief is the heir and owner of a publishing company that only focuses on highbrow literature despite quickly changing literary world where popular fiction is in. However, “popular fiction” is considered beneath Jonathan’s publishing company. His father, never the warm and fuzzy type of parent, keeps high
D. Starr
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Someone Else Finds Your Diary

No Sex
No Violence
No harsh language
Okay for teens, but adults would probably enjoy it more.

4.5 rating because for the first 40% of the book I didn't care much for the characters.

Setting: Nowadays

Jonathan: What a curmudgeon! Self-righteous? Ugh. This is the kind of guy who writes lengthy letters to the newspaper editor about people who don't pick up dog-doo in the park.
He finds a diary filled with positive sa

• Every Thing You Are
  • The Dressmaker's Gift
  • Holly Banks Full of Angst
  • Drowning With Others
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • The Secrets of Lost Stones
  • When We Believed in Mermaids
  • Alles. Nichts. Und ganz viel dazwischen.
  • Liebes Kind
  • Spring House
  • Save You (Maxton Hall, #2)
  • Save Me (Maxton Hall, #1)
  • Little Voices
  • J'ai toujours cette musique dans la tête
  • Die letzte Spur
  • La jeune fille et la nuit
  • So Near the Horizon (The Danny Trilogy, #1)
  • Honigtot
Charlotte Lucas ist das Pseudonym von Wiebke Lorenz. Geboren und aufgewachsen in Düsseldorf, studierte sie in Trier Germanistik, Anglistik und Medienwissenschaft und lebt heute in Hamburg. Gemeinsam mit ihrer Schwester schreibt sie unter dem Pseudonym Anne Hertz Bestseller mit Millionenauflage. Auch ihre Psychothriller „Allerliebste Schwester“, „Alles muss versteckt sein“ und „Bald ruhest du auch“ ...more
“Non si possono aggiungere più giorni alla vita,
ma si può aggiungere più vita ai giorni.”
0 likes
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” 0 likes