Start by marking “Beast of All (Carus, #5)” as Want to Read:
Beast of All (Carus, #5)

Beast of All (Carus #5)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
“Two months ago my world collapsed and the beast reigned.
Seven weeks ago the SRD captured me.
Nine days ago, they injected me with something vile.
Today, I break free.
And tomorrow?
I’ll make them pay.”

Badass Shifter Andy McNeilly wakes up from a horrible nightmare, only to discover it wasn’t a dream, and she’s no longer quite so badass. Chemically curbed, Andy has lost t
ebook, 1, 310 pages
Published October 19th 2016 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Beast of All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beast of All

Dianne
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Her life has gone from one nightmare of chaos to another. She has been humiliated, betrayed and left standing alone. Even love seems to torment her, but Andy and her animals cannot be kept down. This shifter will prove there is more to her than what meets the eye, because when this woman roars, someone may have pushed her too far. But will she ever find someone to love who will take her as she is?

Beast of All by J.C. McKenzie is that last journey into Andy’s world, the one that has seen one toug
Stacy
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
What an ending! I'm glad J.C. reached out to me a few years ago to review SHIFT HAPPENS and continued to reach out to me with each release after that.

I was EXTREMELY confused when I started reading BEAST OF ALL. I felt like I missed a lot and had to go back to SHIFT WORK and make sure it ended like I thought it did. It did, but the author skipped over a major event when starting BEAST OF ALL and it takes a while to grasp the emotions that Andy is feeling because we are kinda just dumped into the
Llaph | No Frill | No Shill
I’ve loved this entire series and I’m sad and happy to see the end. I never thought that it would end up this way when I read the first book and will say it was a plesantish surprise for sure.
I normally loathe love triangles and thought that McKenzie came up with a unique way of resolving it. It was rather bitter sweet to be honest, but it totally works out.
I will admit that I cheated with this book … when I first started reading it I had to skip to the end to see that that skinny-butt chick had
Douglas Meeks
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well we have arrived at the end of the Carus series and while I was not in love with every book the series kept building and the plots were always exceptional and they seem to get better with each book.
This one picks up after the last book with Andy being held prisoner and plotting revenge. I am glad to say we don’t stay in the situation too long because it would have become depressing fast so you might need to remember to breath for the first 20% of the book, lot of stuff happens fast.
This book
Kathryn
Such an amazing end to a series and I must admit it wraps it all up so well that it leaves me wanting more.
Jeannie Zelos
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Beast of All, (Carus 5),  J.C. McKenzie.

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews.

Genre:  Romance, Sci-fi and Fantasy

I got a bit puzzled when I started this, thought I’d missed something from the end of the last book, but went back and checked and no, this really does leap forward over a massive event that changes Andy’s life.

Something huge happened, she got caught by the SRD, and now she’s down with the others, supes always rumoured to be kept by the SRD for experiments. Andy heard the rumours, b
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Torn between lovers, devastated by secrets revealed and tortured by enemies, what more can happen to Andy? This fifth book is a stunning conclusion in this series. This is not a standalone book. It must be read in the order written. I have been waiting for this book and eagerly devoured it.

This story starts out dark and gets grimmer. This story picks up right after Andy's gone on a killing rampage in a berserker rage. Trapped in a hellish off-the-books government site, Andy is kept as a lab rat
Katie O'Sullivan
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the fifth and final book in this paranormal urban fantasy series, and I can't say enough good things about it. If you already love J.C McKenzie's writing, I'm sure you're as excited as I was to find out who lives and who dies in the final battles. If you haven't read the rest of the Carus series yet...what are you waiting for?

I so thoroughly enjoyed this series and each of the many characters throughout. Like Game of Thrones
C.J. Burright
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've loved the entire Carus series from the very beginning. Andy is the perfect heroine, vulnerable, kickass, stubborn, loyal, mouthy, and she makes her fair share of mistakes throughout. I still want her for my BFF. :) She's had to make some tough choices and endure a lot of heartache, and Beast of All ran the gamut of emotions. I cried, I shook my fist, I laughed, I sighed with happiness...all the feels people. All. The. Feels.

I can't decide which book in the series is my favorite, because the
Douglas Meeks
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book
Kameron
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars (review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

Even though “Beast of All” is book #5 in the Carus Series, it can be read as a standalone novel. However, after reading it, I know you’ll most definitely be itching to read books 1-4. Why? Because you’ll want, crave, feel compelled to find out more about key players in the series — their pasts and how they got from point A to point B.

After witnessing the passion, heat, basically a tsunami of emotions rolling between Andy a
Annetta Sweetko
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Andy McNeilly's life has become a living nightmare. Two months ago she was kidnapped by the SRD and pumped full of drugs. Those drugs have made her lose contact with her feras, thus leaving her without the ability to shift. She has even lost touch with the beast within her. The only thing she can think of is to escape and seek revenge on everyone she considers the enemy.

Now all Andy has to do is heal, get back her feras and recover her strength. All before the many bad guys take her out of the p
C.A. Szarek
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome conclusion!

I cannot count the ways that I love this book because there are too many! It totally made up for my rough time in the fourth book. I just really loved it. It tended to be a little bit more serious than the previous books but still had the right amount of Snark I needed to snort and laugh out loud at some of the parts. Andy still had the most wonderful personality even though she was grieving. The grieving and the romance in the adventure where woven in so well that everything
Julie
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series. Now that it's over I'm kinda sad. This had action, romance and a dose of humor. Thats my favorite combination for any urban fantasy.
I was a lil confused in the beginning, I thought I missed a book. But after checking goodreads I realized I didn't. Everything wrapped up nicely. Some of it a lil too easy but this was intenional on the authors part and she handled it with a unique humorous twist that I appreciated. I got the ending that I wanted. And let me tell you,
Charlotte Copper
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful ending to a wonderful series.

Author J.C. McKenzie has spunky heroine Andy kicking butt until the very end, surrounded by her fascinating assortment of friends and associates, and adding in a couple of new and interesting characters.

BEAST OF ALL, book 5 in the Carus series, offers a charming and satisfying wrap-up to all the characters we’ve come to love. I especially loved the ending where Andy ….well, you’ll have to read that part for yourself.

I received an ARC of this book in ex
Fawn
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this has been a ride. I am glad to have gotten my hands on all of the books at once since I didn't want to stop reading. Not your typical story idea, and not your typical easy answers. You even end up with the animals talking in your own head by the end of the day. There's romance, mystery, and drama. The ending is a blast. There's big secrets out in the open at last. I was given this story for an honest review and this is mine.
Helen Wawrejko
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review. Captured and drugged by the SRD, Andy has lost her feras. Freed from captivity, she takes a tortuous journey to bring back her animals. Ultimate loss, redemption, and fulfillment, culminates in this last book in the series about shifters, vampires, and witches. Excellent storyline tie up, with a satisfying ending.
InD'tale Magazine
The action starts right away in "Beast of All", taking the reader straight into the story with the main character.

Read full review in the 2016 November issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Airwreckah
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A nice conclusion.
MeganTheNinja
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An amazing paranormal/ shifter read. Andy kicks ass! Any fans of fiction should hands down add this to their "must read" list!
poppy
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A super end to a great series cannot believe this is the end of the Carus Chronicles,really enjoyed this series and recommend to all must be read in order or you wont have a clue.
Amber
Aug 18, 2017
Wolfberry
Dec 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Born and raised on the Haida Gwaii, off the West Coast of Canada, J.C. McKenzie grew up in a pristine wilderness that inspired her to dream. She writes Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance.

Carus (5 books)
  • Shift Happens (Carus, #1)
  • Beast Coast (Carus, #2)
  • Carpe Demon (Carus, #3)
  • Shift Work (Carus, #4)