Start by marking “Weeping in the Wings” as Want to Read:
Weeping in the Wings

Weeping in the Wings

(Sarah Bennett Mysteries #2)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  128 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
San Francisco, March 1943
Sarah Bennett harbors two secrets: She sees ghosts, and she’s in love with a spy.

When Sarah takes a job with occult expert Dr. Matthew Geisler, he promises to help her understand the sorrowful spirit that seems to have attached itself to her—a spirit whose incessant weeping only she can hear.

Meanwhile, as Sarah struggles to cope with the relentless
ebook
Published August 13th 2016 by Black Opal Books

To ask other readers questions about Weeping in the Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weeping in the Wings

Julie
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
A mystery, a ghost, romance and a wartime setting...what could be more perfect?! I love this character we first met in The Spirit of Grace. Sarah Bennett is quietly confident and becoming more comfortable with her psychic abilities. I am looking forward to the third book.
Heidi
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Sarah is ready to live a more peaceful life after her adopted father is not convicted of the crimes he committed. She meets with Dr. Matthew Geisler who promises her to assist with her paranormal ability to connect with spirits. However, once an attempt on Geisler's like is taken, everything in the story shifts. Sarah must now understand and identify the one who attempted murder and distinguish the roles of both the living and the dead.

In this second installment of the Sarah Bennett Mysteries s
Kim
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sarah is seeking a new life so she can escape the nightmare of her trial against her adoptive father. In addition to the trial nightmare, Sarah has started hearing someone weeping but no one is around, making Sarah feel as she is going to go crazy. She takes a typist job working for Dr. Matthew Geisler to hide her away from society and to make some money so she can move away from her past. The job includes room and board so this sounds fantastic because believes this is her only option for a bet ...more
Susan Wisnewski
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Weeping in the Wings was a suspense filled, couldn't put it down kind of book! Following her father's acquital, Sarah, the key witness against him, finds a job with a doctor she thinks might be able to help her with a unique ability as well as keep a low profile. The mini hospital is filled with a cast of characters including her lost love. With danger looming, she is able to connect with the other side and find out who is behind the attempts on the doctor's life. I love the way the author was a ...more
Sloefairy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second in a trilogy and I hadn't read the first book, but that did not matter, as any events in the first book were sufficiently explained. I enjoyed the setting, and the characters were well written, even the more minor ones. I never saw the twist at the end coming. I look forward to reading the next in the series.
Mary
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting book with mystery and a bit of the paranormal. I had a strong sense of whodunit early on but the journey to confirmation was satisfying. The slice of life during the early years of WW2 was interesting and the author's portrayal of San Francisco in that time period was very good. I enjoyed the book. I would like to read more of Sarah's adventures.
Daniele
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
**3 stars means I liked it**

WEEPING IN THE WINGS is the enjoyable follow up to SPIRIT OF GRACE. Ghosts, spies, and attempted murder combine to make a compelling read by Terry Lynn Thomas.

I really liked the first book in the Sarah Bennett series so had high expectations for WEEPING IN THE WINGS. I was not disappointed, but it felt much different from SPIRIT OF GRACE. The story picks up shortly after the events of SPIRIT, and Sarah finds herself somewhat of a pariah. Though scarred by past experie
Dana Chamberlin
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this..even better then the first "the spirit of grace" I hopen for. 3rd book in the series!!
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
lampshade review banner

Sarah Bennett is back in this thrilling installation of the Sarah Bennett Mysteries.

After the fallout from the previous book, Sarah is striving to keep it together. Her paranormal abilities have seemed to become stronger in this story and it’s apparent that all she wants to do is live a normal life. However, trouble seems to follow her wherever she goes and she finds herself working for a doctor with an interest in the paranormal.

I love mysteries. Throw in a couple of ghosts and it makes for

Patricia Murray
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Bennett is alone and friendless after being vilified and made afraid to appear in public. She needs a job and a safe place to live. She knows she can support herself, if someone will just give her a chance. You can't help but worry about Sarah. She has been through so much. You will definitely want to read book one 'The Spirit of Grace' and keep up with this series.

Her father is out of her life, and the love of her life abandoned her when she needed him most. She is not sure she can make
Connie Fischer
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
1943 - San Francisco

Sarah Bennett sees ghosts and one that has attached itself to her weeps constantly. It began when she heard the verdict of not guilty as pertains to her adoptive father who had committed murder. Sarah started having hallucinations after being pushed off the second story staircase landing at Bennett Hall. Her stepmother had also been pushed and died from the fall. Even though Sarah testified against her father at the trial, he was found not guilty. Sarah’s psychiatrist, Dr. Up
Angela
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an ARC copy of this book.

My thoughts - I enjoyed it. I thought the story was interesting and quite unusual. I've not read another like it.

It took me a couple of chapters to really get into the story but once I did I found it very engaging and I quickly got to the point of wanting to know what happens, and wanting the story to progress. Although I had already read book one in the series and therefore had an inkling of how the story might carry on I was surprised as it w
Sheri
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Weeping in the Wings: Sarah Bennett Mysteries Book 2

Set in San Francisco 1943, Sarah Bennett Takes is no ordinary woman, she sees ghosts. She is dealing with a weeping ghost who won't leave Sarah be. And add to it Zeke the man who left her comes back into her life.

She takes a job working for Dr. Geisler, and soon his life is in danger. It is up to Sarah to figure out what is going on, what is the connection with the weeping spirit, and what (If anything) is Zeke hiding from her.

A fantastic para
Lisa Morin
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-arc
Sarah Bennett is back in this spine chilling mystery.
Not only is Sarah back, but so is Zeke, the one man Sarah is in love with.
Sarah is slowly healing and trying to understand her gift. She sees ghosts and it terrifies her. Sarah is offered sanctuary with Dr. Matthew Geisler, who offers to help her understand why she sees ghosts and most importantly, why has this particular ghost, a woman who weeps constantly, has attached herself to Sarah.
It seems everyone has secrets in this amazing story and
Susan Peterson
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Part mystery, part ghost story, Weeping in the Wings is an intriguing story that will keep you turning pages as the pieces of the puzzle fit together. Sarah Bennett is reeling from the fallout of her father's trial; a trial in which she testified against him, and is now facing public hostility. She is offered a job by a doctor who is interested in the occult, and his dead sister has attached herself to Sarah. Now strange occurrences are happening all around Sarah and the other people living in t ...more
Becky Smith
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was impressed at how well-written this book is! The cover is absolutely stunning, and I found myself returning to look at it when reading the scenes where Sarah was working in her small room. Terry Lynn Thomas has woven into this story history about the Influenza Pandemic during 1918-1919, women's place in the work force during WW II, as well as talking about the astigmatism of mental illness and the tragedies of war. A form of the poster "Don't Give Your Blood To The 7th Column, Give It To Th ...more
Judy
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these two books, The Spirit of Grace & Weeping in the Wings. They kept me guessing about what would happen next and which character was the villain. A murder mystery, ghost story and treason during WW1. Not to mention what it was like to live during that time when you had to deal with rations.
Lorraine
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book straight after the first in the series as I enjoyed it so much, this didn't disappoint as the characters and plots unfold. A fabulous page turning, mildly paranormal whodunnit. Looking forward to book 3
Edythe Edwards
Sep 01, 2018
faye
Aug 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Terry Lynn Thomas grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, which explains her love of foggy beaches, windy dunes, and Gothic mysteries. When her husband promised to buy Terry a horse and the time to write if she moved to Mississippi with him, she jumped at the chance. Although she had written several novels and screenplays prior to 2006, after she relocated to the South she set out to write in earne ...more

Sarah Bennett Mysteries (3 books)
  • The Spirit of Grace (the Sarah Bennett Mysteries #1)
  • Neptune's Daughter