Start by marking “Stronger Together” as Want to Read:
Stronger Together

Stronger Together

For more than a year, Hillary Clinton has laid out an ambitious agenda to improve the lives of the American people and make our country stronger and safer. Stronger Together presents that agenda in full, relating stories from the American people and outlining the Clinton/Kaine campaign’s plans on everything from apprenticeships to the Zika virus, including:

-Building an ec
Published September 6th 2016 by Simon Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Stronger Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stronger Together

Start your review of Stronger Together
Keith Law
Sep 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
The book has good ideas although I would go about many of them differently. The real problem is the author, time and time again is caught lying, or doing things for personal financial gain. Pay to play is bad for America.
George Briggs
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Democratic Progressive Optimism!

The choices in the 2016 Election Year have never been clearer. Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine have outlined a very extensive agenda that will help make a 'Great America' even more accessible to all citizens. Getting these programs into law may be a bigger problem with the Congress mired in gridlock and obstructionism. It would be great if the new Congress learned to compromise and show some political courage.
Jayne
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stronger Together for Everyone not just a few

Really inspiring and hopeful. So nice to get a more detailed look at how she wants to govern & her outlook on the world and the future. It's easy to see that the future POTUS & VP, have taken their life experience from childhood to formulate their perspective on their careers of service. I look forward to seeing how they will forge forward & hope they will rise to the task of the office which they seek as they will be held accountable. So refreshing t
Boulton Fernando
Sep 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book is missing about 30,000 pages. Author seems to forget half way through the book what she started writing about.
Tony Canas
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book is a great, easy read that explains in simple terms what Hilary's plan is for her Presidency. If she managed to do half of what she proposes in her domestic and economic policy the country would be much better off! Don't buy the lies, read the plan yourself.

Interesting how this book has a 3.5 star average in GoodReads and only a 1.5 in Amazon. Might it be because thousands of haters have taken to Amazon to write fake reviews while those people don't tend to hang out in GoodReads?
Book
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Stronger Together by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Tim Kaine

“Stronger Together” is an average collection of talking points that outlines Clinton and Kaine’s campaign plans. Former Secretary of State, Senator, First Lady and attorney Hillary Clinton and former mayor, governor and senator Time Kaine provide the public with an easy to access book on their agenda for the country. This straightforward 288-page book is broken out into four sections: 1. Growing Together, 2. Safer Together, 3. Standing Tog
Justin Tate
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Before you read this book, be clear about what it is: a glossary of positions and policy on a multitude of issues. The segments are all very brief and organized in a way that makes it easy to flip to a certain section for your reference. Want to know what Clinton-Kaine thinks about the Zika outbreak? Turn to page 103 (or whatever).

Now, as such, I will admit the book is a bit dry. Some statements are repetitive, as they apply to different issues, and at times it can feel a bit like reading a dic
Jake
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Trump's Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again earlier this year, so now it's Hillary's turn. Trump's book was much more amusing, but had zero complexity and only a meme-like understanding of the issues. This book, on the other hand, was pretty freaking dry. However, Madame Secretary really seems to enjoy figuring out complex issues. While I have many disagreements with some of her proposals, I appreciate the fact that she (and co-author Timmy Kaine) have thought them through. ...more
Joey
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-2-stars
Quoting Alexis de Tocqueville to begin the introduction,"It has been said that America is great because America is good." (xvii) is not a strong opening statement to lay out your presidential agenda.

While many of Clinton's plans and ideas for effective progress are in fact good, they should also have been adapted in her book, What Happened, instead of making excuses why she lost for some four hundred pages.

My biggest complaint besides the fact that Tim Kaine probably had nothing to do with this
Laurie Rolnick
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written and solid plans

So many of the reviews here seem to be from people who have opposing political views and haven't actually read the book. It's well written, thoughtful, and contains actual plans to help American families and workers. Great ideas and the means to get them done. This vision of America is what I want for my kids.
Art
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let’s end this noxious election season on a constructive note, shall we?

This quick book, couched in rally-speak, offers a vision, the first full explanations of fifty detailed policy ideas. There’s something here for everyone. Stronger Together, as a manifesto, divides into three main sections: Growing Together on the economy, Safer Together on world security, and Standing Together about domestic policy.

Growing Together, about the economy, occupies the first half of the book.

Every dollar of i
Jamie King
Nov 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016-campaign
I won't comment on t he policies or their authenticity.

Simply put the book is awful. The organization is so bad.

To begin with the table of contents is the longest section in the book. It has about 20 topics hyper-linked on each of the six pages it takes up. There are only four section in the book so looking at one page there is no numbering, three sub topics with about 5 subsubtopics under that...

Wow okay, begin the books content. An unlabeled preface is jammed in after the table of contents. Th
Jody Mena
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
What an amazing vision for the future of the United States! I was so excited and hopeful reading this, it was everything I could have hoped for and more in a presidential plan for America.

Reading this now after the election went so horribly wrong, while watching travesty after mortifying travesty disgorged in a grotesque parade from the circus tent formerly known as the White House each day, was almost like reading a Greek tragedy - like reading Cassandra's diary five minutes after the Trojans
David
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Good clear outline of Mrs. Clinton's plan. This is the book every U.S.A. voter should read with an open mind. She's the only real choice for President. Sounds like she'll do a very good job if she can do all she hopes to do. It's my hope that the Dems will be strong enough to keep her on a bold Progressive path forward. I just hope they can win both the House and Senate and get some real work done.
Karla
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This book gives a good explanation of policies Clinton hopes to enact. There were lots of specific examples. I thought the approach to security was strong and realistic. However, looking at transportation and rebuilding schools and roads, it would take a bipartisan approach by Congress, not sure how realistic that would be. I think this book is a good reflection of what the candidates hope to achieve. Informatitive but also looks to build on an emotional appeal.
Jules Findlay
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This does what it says - it's Hilary's 2016 manifesto. The publisher hasn't really formatted it properly for a book but the content is very accessible. Maybe too accessible, as a huge amount of substantiation is required. It's like she gave up after the 'economy' section. There are only two pages on foreign policy with Russia, and no mention of Saudi Arabia. King Salman will be displeased. ...more
Cheryl
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Detailed and referenced account of Hillary's plans goals for our nation.

This books clearly gives information in specific areas of how Hillary Clinton would address economic, racial and foreign policies. If you are truly interested, please read and share this book. I believe most of the negative comments were written by the typical internet troll.
Robert
I was still in the middle of this when the election happened and debated at first whether to finish it or not. I did anyway. It's very policy and idea heavy. Some of which it seemed far reaching but were still good ideas and goals. It now seems like a book of what could have been but will now be even harder to reach. It's still a good read to look for ideas and such. ...more
Jonathan Gallo
I am a staunch Clinton supporter. However unlike those scewing the rating due to partisan bias. I will say the book is kind of repetitive and repeats similar talking points in close proximity to each other.
Brent
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: politics, library
This book is basically a compilation of Hillary's policy papers. Still, interesting read to understand her ideas for leading the country the next eight years. ...more
Katie
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, non-fiction
I'm not saying this is a riveting book or that it's easy to read. It is, however, a very important book to read. ...more
Barbara Dietz
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book details the Clinton/Kaine platform and the reasoning behind it. I recommend all voters to read/listen to this book if you want to really know the Democratic candidates.
Steven Askin
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Plan

This is a great breakdown of a real plan to help America be great again. This should be must read material for all Americans!!
Alice
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Book was a plan on how Kaine and Clinton would have done things.
Asian
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
it was very repetitive and sometimes I had to stop to make sure I wasnt listening to the same chapters on repeat
K.W. Colyard
Oct 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews

What do you do when you agree with the policy of a political book, but find the book itself to be less than gripping? That's the problem this reader faced with Stronger Together, Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton's 2016 campaign book. And, to be honest, it's one of a handful of books I discarded without finishing this year.

I don't typically rate DNFs, unless I've agreed to review the book, or it's just that bad. Stronger Together is an exception to that rule. I didn't put do

Moni P
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't get a chance to read this book during the 2016 presidential debate/ election season & was wondering if I should still do it. To answer my own question. YES!
I decided to go ahead and get an audio book of "Stronger Together" to listen on my way to work, and so happy I did it. Nice overview about the US economy, political clime and the burning issues facing our country.
Some of the most discussed subjects in the book are:
- trickle down economics
- climate change
- clean energy
- equal pay inc
Robert
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Despite affection or mistrust for Ms. Clinton, this book should benefit the reader. I will never completely agree with any single perspective but the policies and goals within this book have been well thought out. Persistent rational approach might get things wrong, but brings with it the hope that a course change is possible if another perspective can use reason and evidence to back their view.

The same can not so easily be said of her challenger who appears use effective crowd manipulation tec
Jonathan Tennis
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
DNF. Got about halfway through before I stopped this. I was enjoying the writing but stopped at the same time I stopped the Donald’s book to be fair to both parties. I like to read something by each candidate in the run up to the election to get a feel for how they write, think, and communicate. Clinton and Kaine have been giving campaign speeches for long enough now that the book read like a long version of one of those. And rightfully so since this is their plan for what they will do if they w ...more
Elizabeth
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even though I am a supporter of the Clinton-Kaine 2016 ticket, I did not find this book to be enjoyable. I found the reading to be rather dry. That being said, this book clearly delineates in specific areas how Hillary Clinton would address economic, racial and foreign policies. I am a regular reader of political science books but this book was simply dry. Although, if Clinton-Kaine were able to pass even just a few of their plans for America, we would have a better country. If Clinton is electe ...more

• The Truths We Hold: An American Journey
  • Burn After Writing
  • The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • The GayBCs
  • Consolations: The Solace, Nourishment and Underlying Meaning of Everyday Words
  • Spy Secrets That Can Save Your Life: A Former CIA Officer Reveals Safety and Survival Techniques to Keep You and Your  Family Protected
  • Skinny Bitch in the Kitch: Kick-Ass Solutions for Hungry Girls Who Want to Stop Cooking Crap (and Start Looking Hot!)
  • The President's Devotional: The Daily Readings That Inspired President Obama
  • The Four Agreements Toltec Wisdom Collection: The Four Agreements/The Mastery of Love/The Voice of Knowledge
  • Nejma
  • Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality
  • Stress Test: Reflections on Financial Crises
  • The Gift: 12 Lessons to Save Your Life
Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton (born October 26, 1947) was the 67th United States Secretary of State, serving in the cabinet of President Barack Obama. In 2016, she became the first woman in U.S. history to win a major party's presidential nomination, and the first woman to win the popular vote in a presidential race - despite losing the election.

She was a Senator from the state of New York from 200