Start by marking “Silver Bells” as Want to Read:
Silver Bells

Silver Bells

He doesn't believe in love, so why can't he forget her?

Mystery writer, Joel Carpenter, has no time for romance. He has a deadline to meet, and too many skeletons in his closet to trust the slightly spinny artist renting his house.

Christy Taylor has her hands full dealing with an ailing business and a diabetic daughter, she doesn't need the temptatio
Published December 1st 2016 by Jacquie Biggar

To ask other readers questions about Silver Bells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver Bells

"Avonna
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
SILVER BELLS: A Holiday Romance by Jacquie Biggar is a holiday novella that was sweet and easily read in one sitting curled up on the couch while the weather outside is frightful.

Joel Campbell, award winning mystery writer, has moved from Scotland to Vancover Island. He wants to be closer to his grandmother and hopes the change will get him over his writers’ block. Hating his fame, he has walled off his heart, become gruff and hates anyone interrupting him and yet, he is lonely.
Alicia
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Silver Bells" by Jacquie Biggar

I really enjoyed this novella. It is sweet and joyous.

Joel comes across as a rude alpha male who needs an attitude check. Christy is a struggling artist with a young child with juvenile diabetes.

When they first meet, Joel believes Christy has been following him. She doesn't realize he is a famous novelist and he assumes she is wanting an interview or spying on him. Neither assumptions are correct.

Turns out Joel is the grandson of the woman who watches Jill whe
Caitlyn Lynch
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
A charming novella, this story focuses on Christy and her daughter Jill, a little girl living with the life-threatening Type 1 diabetes. Despite the title I didn't feel that this was a 'Christmas' book specifically... it would have been so easy to have Joel discover that Christy and Jill had no money to celebrate Christmas and have him play Santa for them.

A charmingly written 'sweet' romance, I have to say that the story felt a little thin on character development. The character we g
N.N. Light
The last thing Joel wants or needs is romance. He’s a bestselling mystery author and he’s under a tight deadline. Plus, the women he’s met lately only want him for his money, moniker, expensive gifts, etc. Everyone wants something, or so Joel thought… until he meets Christy.

Christy has got a full plate: single mom trying to make it a go of it with her art and her diabetic daughter in Vancouver Island. But money is tight and when the landlord comes around the gallery demanding rent,
Richelle Robinson
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I pretty much sound like a broken record but I'm a sucker for Christmas stories and have been reading a lot of them lately. The blurb caught my eye but sadly the story didn't meet my expectations. I was expecting a cute holiday romance and I really didn't get that in this story. Christy is a single mother taking care of her young diabetic daughter. Joel is a writer who is a recluse. They meet one day and a few days later she finds out he's the landlord or something. I really didn't get a romanti ...more
Arica Shupe
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SILVERBELLS
by Jaquie Biggar

Silver Bells: A Holiday Romance is a sweet read that makes your heart feel full after reading it. Joel when you first meet him is a jerk he seems arrogant and quite frankly a jerk that really needs to put himself in check. Christy is a sweet single mother with a sick child that has been through so much that she just feels closed off and lost as that's easier than being hurt again. . You not only fall in love with the main characters but you also fall
Phylis Carpenter
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Christy is now a single mother taking care of her daughter Jill who has a few medical issues to deal with. She is having a tough time and moves in next door to Claire. Claire is a nice woman who helps Christy out by watching Jill while Christy works. Christy has a store and also is an artist.

She meets this man who is a sort of recluse. He turns out to be her landlord. Will they be able to have a happy ever after. I think you would love this story as much as I did. I couldn't put it d
Gina Smith
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Christy Taylor is a single mother raising a daughter, Jill, who is diabetic. When her landlord, Joel, comes to see her to find out why she is late with the rent she realizes she had a run in with him earlier. Joel is an author and he is instantly attracted to Christy's feisty personality. Can Christy find room in her and Jills' life for Joel. This is a quick enjoyable read.
* I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Connie
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

I really felt for little Jill suffering from Type 1 diabetes. If you don't have it, it is hard to realize how hard living with the disease is. Christy has a full plate with being an artist, a child with T1D, divorced from an unfeeling husband and father. Then she meets a prickly man who turns out to be her landlord! Joel is a man on a time crush to deliver his next book. Unfortunately the words just aren't
Nina Derr
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This book has a pretty good rating from others but I have to give it 3.t stars. The whole time I couldn't help but feel like it was missing something, almost like it was full of unfinished thoughts. It's a cute story and I love the little girl, Jill, but it was hard to envision Christy and Joel falling for each other when they barely spent time together.
Ellen White
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Joel moving closer to his grandmother, was a writer, hating to be invaded by people, and having a deadline, so has closed himself off. Christy focus is on her daughter and keeping her well, and her business. A marriage that failed, she has shut herself off, and feeling she doesn’t have the time. A good family story of two people and a little girl that need to open up and except the love that is around them.
Darlene
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Short and sweet but yet plenty of character development. Very informative regarding the impact of diabetes on day to day life, especially for parents of young children dealing with the disease. Also loved the references to real-life events on Vancouver Island.
Linda
Dec 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Silver Bells by Jacquie Biggar: *** Three Stars
Joel Carpenter has moved from Scotland to Victoria, Canada to become a recluse. Since his rise to literary stardom, he has become paranoid after many unscrupulous business and personal relationships. Right now he is dealing with writer’s block, his characters are refusing to follow his direction, and his tenant is having trouble coming up with rent on time.

Christy Taylor is an artist who has set up a small art shop, The Wandering M
Rebecca Austin
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Christy Taylor has left Alberta for Victoria, BC after her husband had an affair. Looking for a fresh start for herself and her daughter, Jill, who has type 1 diabetes, she is hoping her drawings will sell to earn them enough money to live on.

Joel Carpenter is an author who is needing some inspiration for his next book when he meets a lady who seems to push all of his buttons and gives him ideas for the character in his book. But Joel is also a landlord who's tenant is 2 months behin
Dawn
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is just what you need to get you in the festive mood.A sweet festive read that will get you feeling warm and tingly all over!Its a short read perfect for a Christmas afternoon.I would of loved it to have been longer and with more detail on their lives but for a quick holiday read it hit the spot!
Christy is raising her diabetic daughter Jill alone, Christy finds making ends meet hardand her business is struggling.Claire is her neighbour and tries to help Christy out by looking after Ji
Stacey
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
so what happens when a mom and her daughter meet a man who is related to a woman who has been there for them and like a mother to the one with a child and a grandma type for the child . also what happens when the woman meets said man and only later to find he is their landlord and the grandson of the woman who has become a part of the family , can these two find common ground or will one or the other run from what is right in front of them . find out by buying this story you wont want to put it ...more
Julie
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story

Neither Joel nor Christy are looking for love. Christy just wants a better life for her daughter and herself. Joel wants a tenant that will pay on time and for the plot on his next book to cooperate. Joel’s mom wants him to be happy.
All the threads come together HEA.
Tracey
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
A sweet romance set around Christmas.

Christy is a single mum and an artist, she combines caring for her daughter and trying to run a business. Her daughter has a serious form of Diabetes and this means she is constantly on a balancing act. She has some help from a retired lady who understands her daughter's condition and helps her care for her daughter.

Joel is on a writing deadline and needs to get his book written soon, while taking some time out he spots a woman watchin
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2016
This is my first book by Jacquie Biggar and it was a sweet clean romance, being a short novella you certainly got the whole story though I would love to know more back story on the characters.

Christy has her hands full, looking after her diabetic daughter and struggling with keeping her business afloat so the last thing she needs is a landlord from hell.

Joel is a writer and pretty much not a people person, when he has a run in with a woman on the beach for drawing his pic
Yomari Suarez
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, fun and very entertaining. Love stories were children play an important role and were real life subjects are approached. Main and supporting characters are easy to follow and like, as well as the storyline.

Christy hasn't been dealt the best hand lately. Not only was her sweet daughter diagnosed with diabetes, but she also had to deal with a divorce. Now she has to embrace the joys and difficulties of single parenting in a new place. Joel is a best seller author with a deadline to meet an
Paula
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. This was a sweet clean romance with quickly resolved conflict. Christy and Joel have more in common than they think they do. Small world. Jill is the cutest little girl and Claire is the best substitute grandma ever. No spoilers here - I highly recommend. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I have read all of her Wounded Hearts Series and loved them and this book is as good as if not better.
Estella
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was asked by the author for an honest review. This book was really cute. I would have given it a 5 had it been longer. I wanted more. The characters are well developed and the story line was great. I just wanted more it ended to fast and I wanted to know a little more but overall this was a great book and I strongly recommend it!
Lori R
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Silver Bells is a romantic, Christmas story of a lost soul wishing for a family to love and a divorced mother with a daughter who had Type I diabetes. The characters are both creative and stubborn which makes for some interesting dialogue. It is enjoyable to see that the chemistry between them baffles and scares them. It is a nice, clean romance that will touch your heart. I received a copy of this book and I willingly chose to write an honest review.
Angi
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free ARC and am voluntarily writing an honest review.

Christy is a single mom struggling to raise her diabetic daughter and make ends meet. Joel is a reclusive best-selling author who also happens to be her landlord. Their first meeting is less than friendly, however Joel soon finds himself unable to forget his feisty tenant. Will Christy and Joel find their happily ever after? A sweet, heartwarming book just in time for the holidays!
United Indie Book Blog
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Silver Bells is a sweet quick Christmas novella. I love stories like this even though it's a fast read it just warms your heart and makes you believe anything is possible during Christmas time. Joel is a grumpy author who is stuck until Chrissy enters his life. Chrissy is a single mother just trying to make it. Fate keeps pushing them together until they finally surrender. Truly a lovely Christmas story.

Review by Raychel
Aisling Cooper
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story is a story of cat and mouse between the two characters until the end and leaves you guessing at each turn of the page what will happen next.
Although it's got the name silver bells there isn't much to do with Christmas except for the mention of the song silver bells and Christmas coming soon a few times so it's not your usual Christmas holiday read but it's still a nice little read that passes the time.

Reviewed for Amo and Sarah book corner gifted for an honest review.
Gladys Mills
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Silver bells. This was a sweet book. I enjoyed this book a lot. It was a heart warming story of a woman and her daughter struggling to make ends meet because of the little girl's illness. Christy finds out her landlord is an arrogant man that takes an interest in her and her daughter. He eventually warms his way into Christy's heart and she let's him in. I received a copy of the book from the author or publisher in exchange for my honest opinion or review of the book.
Lisa B. Lovely
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story. Christy and Joel seem to be at cross-purposes throughout the book. Jill is adorable. All of the characters are well defined and entertaining. I definitely want to read more by this author.
Rita White
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Silver Bells was a great read. It was a fast and easy read. Perfect book to read at Christmas.
This is a sweet Christmas story of two people who are not looking for love but find it in each other.
This book was a feel good book.
**I was given this book to read and review for my honest opinion by How Box Reviews**
Ethel Clow-Bowers
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW WOW WOW Thus was a phenomenal read! I read it in one day, I couldn't bare to put it down. Jacquie writes in such a way that I feel I am right there in the story with the characters. Absolutely amazing. Love Joel!
My name is Jacquie Biggar. When I’m not acting like a total klutz I am a wife, mother of one, grandmother, and a butler to my calico cat.
My guilty pleasure are reality tv shows like Amazing Race and The Voice. I can be found every Monday night in my armchair plastered to the television laughing at Blake and Adam’s shenanigans.
I love to hang at the beach with DH (darling hubby) taking p