Start by marking “Use Somebody” as Want to Read:
Use Somebody

Use Somebody

(Fix You #3)

Jeremy King, Hollywood über-agent to the stars, knows that sharks gotta swim. He’s one of them, after all. He’s never met a deal he couldn’t strike or an argument he couldn’t win. LA is his kind of town—they both never stop moving.

So when his friend and client, movie star Andrew Pettigrew, invites him on a “man-cation” to the wilds of Idaho for a little fly-fishing, Jeremy
Paperback
Published October 2016 by Omnific Publishing

Kate's Corner

3 amusing yet not spectacular stars.

Jeremy King is THE agent in Hollywood. Men envy him. Women want him for his money, looks and standing. He's alright with that but maybe not as much as he tries to tell himself or us for that matter.

We first meet Jeremy when he is on the plane to go on a fishing trip with his best buddy Andrew 'Andy' Pettigrew. His story took place in the Fix You books.

Luckily for me I know James Dean and Marlon Brando. So I don't need any film education thank you very much
Three Chicks
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review by Trinette Dungee

In this over-populated, overly-saturated world of erotica and wild sex (which I love by the way), Beck Anderson is a breath of fresh air. She is proof that you don’t need rip-roaring, butt smacking, and raunchier-than-raunch sex to sell a book. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good ole romp-fest with all the bells and whistles just as much as the next girl, but every once in a while a good ole fashion romance just hits the spot. That is exactly what Beck Anderson delivers in
Jennifer Lane
I Hope It's Gonna Make You Notice...

...Someone like me, thinks Jeremy, super agent to the stars. He's all about wooing supermodels in Los Angeles. Here he shares his methods for getting his woo on:

I can tell you how to get a woman in bed. You tell me what she likes, I'll tell you the way into her boudoir. Is she a Midwestern girl? I bet she loves football. Find out her favorite team, fly her to their stadium, invite her dad, get a meet and greet. Ka-ching. You will score.

*jaw hangs open* This Mi
Shannon

I, quite simply, adored Jeremy. This is the first book I've read of Beck Anderson's so I had no expectations as to who Jeremy was, since I understand you meet him in Andrew's book/s. (Don't let that deter you by any means, Use Somebody can definitely be read as a standalone.)
He's an alpha who is absolutely adorable. Contradictory, yes, but oh so fitting. He's got himself a bit of a reputation back in Hollywood with the ladies, one that he happily embraces...one where, in his own words "...in LA
Cyndi Becker
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
The third in Beck Andersons’s Fix You series, Use Somebody taps into the life of agent extraordinaire Jeremy King. The story opens with Jeremy and Andrew a with HIs client Andrew and family friends at a mens fishing retreat. Jeremy is, rightly so, a confident man and by nate of his profession, a fixer. From the moment he checks into the lodge, he’s besieged with the image of fishing guide Macy. He’s found a challenge in Macy and seems utterly perplexed as to why.

Andersons’ storytelling is incred
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read any of this authors work, and my word, it will not be the last. This is the story of Hollywood agent to the stars, Jeremy, who is sexy, rich, and totally used to getting his own way, and Macy, small town girl, who does not fall for Jeremy’s charms. When Jeremy is dragged on vacation by his best friend, he is totally out of his comfort zone, and Macy starts to teach him the other side of life.
This is a beautifully written storyline, and all of the characters ar
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
Book Review: 4,5 Stars

One new awesome book from the lovely Beck Anderson

Use Somebody is the third book and spin off of the Fix You Series . The moment I knew there would be a new installment for this series, I was jumping up and down, at first I thought it would be a new book about Andrew and Kelly, but noooooooo, it was about Andrew’s agent, Jeremy King, and I was more eager about it because there’s nothing more exciting than to read how a not-so-beloved character— I will be honest her
Books Laid Bare
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
A romance novel that has just that, Romance at its heart and in my opinion you will be hard pressed to find a better example anytime soon.
Agent to the stars Jeremy King isn’t exactly used to the quiet life, but when his friend packs him on vacation, it isn’t the bright lights of Vegas or any such place on the itinerary, nope Jeremy is in sleepy Idaho.
There is nothing not to love about Jeremy, he has the who alpha thing going on and why not it works for him or at least in Hollywood it works becau
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it

**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

Le sigh. Use Somebody is a wonderfully sweet read.

Told in the first person point of view of Jeremy King, a Hollywood agent, at times this book was cringe-funny. One of my favorite things.

Jeremy's ego-centric. He loves to win. He doesn't really understand people beyond what they can do for him. Dragged away on a fishing trip by his movie-star friend, Andy, Jeremy meets Macy.

Macy is a country girl. She loves fishing and Canada and her dogs (who are hilarious by the way). S
Tiffany Readz
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute book, Perfect Cover!

While I was instantly interested in these characters, I loved the cover even more after finishing the book. Beck Anderson did a fantastic job with actually making a cover for her book that fits perfectly. A weird way to start a review, however that thumbnail of the cover was just staring at me as I started to type, so I had to get it out. On to the rest of the book.

In Use Somebody, we are following Jeremy King, super agent to the stars. Not my favorite type of character,
Trinette
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A-list Hollywood Agent, Jeremy King is completely thrown for a loop by the small town resort worker who hasn’t a clue who he is and doesn’t break her neck to get to know him. He is completely thrown off of his game by one Macy Summerlin and oddly enough, he’s okay with it. Okay initially he fights but before long he wants to be the one to rescue her and he when he realizes she doesn’t want to be rescued, he wants to be that guy by her side. But Macy doesn’t make it easy for him and she has Jerem ...more
Annamaria
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five Wonderful Stars! Jeremy is a Hollywood agent for the stars and is used to getting what he wants. His friend takes him on vacation to Idaho which is the total opposite of what he is used to. Macy is a small town girl trying to live her life and is not impressed by the Hollywood crowds. Jeremy is attracted to Macy but he soon finds out she is guarded and his usual ways of winning the girl are not working. Can Jeremy brake down Macy's walls and win her over? I was hooked from the first chapter ...more
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
A new author for me and it was the synopsis and and Cover that caught my attention. I didn't realise that this was the 3rd book in a series, with that in mind, it didn't matter as it can be read and I read it as a stand alone.

Becks writing style appealed to me. It was a change in pace from my usual books, and was a traditional romance that didn't rely on on those hot and heavy scenes that some books are filled with and are not necessary.

Jeremy was an awesome Alpha, who soon realised that his c
Frank Finn
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Use Somebody, the third book of the Fix You series, Beck Anderson spins a funny, entertaining, and often heart-pounding story. It brings together two vivid characters: Jeremy, Hollywood uber agent, and Macy, tough but gorgeous fly-fishing guide. Like two powerful magnets, they attract and repel each other, often at the same time. Use Somebody moves as rapidly as an Idaho trout stream in full flood, following the ups and downs, twists and turns, clashes and clutches of this tempestuous romance ...more
Thai Holman
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a amazing and different read. Jeremy works in Hollywood and is use to getting what he wants. Macy's a small town girl. What happened when these two met. Macy is closed off and doesn't say yes to Jeremy like he's use to.

The build up was perfect. Writing amazing and so different than a lot of romance. A wonderfully written sweet story.
I enjoyed this from start to finish.

Highly recommend. 5 stars.
Kristen Barnes
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book was like taking a deep cleansing breath of fresh air. It's a sweet, funny, at times angsty love story that I consider worth a re read at some point. It's different in that it doesn't focus on the sexual aspects of the characters, it stays true to feelings that they experience while their relationship is growing.
Angela
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was so sweet! No graphic scenes but it was so much better without it. If they had been in the book it would have taken away from the amazing story!
Michal Inbar
Oct 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
DFN 13%

The robotic writing style and the bad cynical hummer were not my coppa, also the hero was narcissist ego maniac. The not good kind.

I didn't have any will to go further.
Jill
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My bad, I didn't read this series in order, I will go back now and read the first one, but I must say that I love Jeremy, very funny guy, well done!
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jeremy King has become the best Hollywood agent to the stars, as he knows that sharks gotta swim. His, in it to win it, attitude has never met a deal he couldn't close. And forget about winning an argument with him. Like LA, he never stops moving. His close friend, and client, Andrew Pettigrew brings him on a "man-cation" to the edge of civilization of Idaho, for fly-fishing, Jeremy's none too excited. No cell service, or supermodels to bag, not to mention his idea of the outdoors is a drive dow ...more
Cocktails and Books
When I first "met" Jeremy in FIX YOU (Andrew and Kelly's 1st book) there was something about this Hollywood agent that I liked. He wasn't slimy and you could tell that he truly had Andrew's best interest at heart. Needless to say, I was excited when I discovered Jeremy was getting this own story. I wanted to know exactly what kind of woman was going to bring this guy to his knees. I definitely wasn't expected a fly fishing guide to be that person.

Jeremy meets Macy when he's taking a guy's weeken
Maria Angie Mendoza
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Touching, humorous read about famous alpha Hollywood agent Jeremy who goes on a fishing trip to Idaho where he meets and is instantly attracted to small town girl and fishing guide Macy. Except she's not impressed with him, his title, his charm, money, NADA!
The harder he tried the more she loathes him. Their banter was fresh, funny, and adorable.
Despite his best moves, she wants nothing to do with him, until a near tragic accident makes him realize what he has to do to get the girl. Resorting to
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
What a beautifully written story, I loved it. The characters were amazing and I just loved all the laughing I did while reading. I was drawn in from the very beginning and just could not put it down. This was my first book by this author and she has gained a fan, I will definitely be picking up more of her work. I would recommend this to anyone that loves a really great romance.
Giseli
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, funny
Funny book. Very PG 13. I wish that the author talked more in depth about the h and H issues But a good read nonetheless.
Maria Mccarthy
Nov 03, 2016
Traci
Nov 23, 2016 added it
I am a sucker for a story about a cocky guy who gets floored by a girl who is supremely unimpressed by him. All of Jeremy's usual tricks don't work for Macy. A fly fishing, down to earth, hard working woman, Macy could care less about Jeremy's Hollywood connections and fancy cars. This, of course, drives him crazy and at first he tries to woo her on principle. But the more he gets to know her, with the help of some very dangerous river currents, the more she gets under his skin. Could Agent to t ...more
Spring
Oct 11, 2016
Ivomoon
Nov 24, 2016
Leila
Oct 14, 2016
Maude Piche
Dec 30, 2016
Beck Anderson believes in the power of perfectly imperfect women and in the healing power of love.

A two-time Rita© finalist, she's the author of five novels including the Fix You series and The Jeweler. Her latest novel, Worst Case, is her first YA work and released 1/16/18.

Beck balances (clumsily at best) writing novels and screenplays, working full-time as an educator, mothering two boys, lovi

Fix You (3 books)
  • Fix You (Fix You, #1)
  • Trouble Me (Fix You, #2)
“And this, my friends, is how love f*cks up your life.” 2 likes
“I was just wondering how long we were going to pretend like we annoyed each other before we started sleeping together.” 1 likes