Start by marking “Jed Had to Die” as Want to Read:
Jed Had to Die

Jed Had to Die

The happiest day of Payton Lambert's life was the day she graduated high school and watched Bald Knob, Kentucky get smaller and smaller in her rearview mirror. She wanted more for her life than a tiny town where everyone knows your business and you can’t find a decent cup of coffee for at least forty miles. Twelve years later, an unexpected phone call in the middle of the ...more
Published November 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Jed Had to Die, please sign up.
Kat, lover of bears... I just finished Tara Sivec, "Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words" and it was belly laugh hilarious (just like Jed).

Start your review of Jed Had to Die
Katerina
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katerina by: Hannah
Recorded Interview
August 6, 2017
Bald Knob, KY Police Department

Katerina: Why am I here?
Deputy Lloyd: Ur, I have no idea, ma'am, you were the one who initiated this interview.
Katerina: I'm pretty sure you know the reason, though.
Deputy Lloyd: Oh right, review purposes!
Katerina: Good boy. Even though I'd have preferred Sheriff Leo Hudson, I keep picturing him as Chris Hemsworth in Thor, is it true that the resemblance is uncanny? Because if it is I wouldn't say no to a trip to Valhalla with him-
De
Jilly
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Look, I know I was supposed to love this one cuz y'all did, but I just couldn't!!
She's a lady asshole. A lasshole.
Her and her "edgy" friend are the kind of girls that are NOT in the tribe. They are the judgy girls who cut other girls down because they are just that cool. If you need to cut another girl down to prove to yourself and others how cool you are, you aren't. You're just a mean girl and need to be hit by a bus.

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 Hilarious Stars

I absolutely loved Jed had to Die! This story made me grin from the first page, I loved it so much! Jed Had To Die was hilarious, clever, sweet and fast paced! The mystery was perfect keeping me guessing all the time!

description

There is a murder, people guessing who did it, two best friends who thought they did it and a hot sheriff to make you swoon! Doesn't this make you want to read it?

I absolutely adored Payton and Leo,they were funny and sweet!The secondary characters were also as fa
Bindi Boo
4 stars

If you're looking for a light read with a whacky plot and some great laughs, this book has it.

Payton, a coffee-obsessed cafe owner can't believe she's back in Bald Knob, a town she couldn't say goodbye to fast enough right after high school. She's back after 12 years to help her friend Emma Jo whos' husband, town Mayor Jed Jackson was found murdered. Brimming full with copious amounts of coffee and wine, Payton and Emma Jo try to hide their small role in the murder from the town sheriff,
Dee Montoya
4 STARS****

(ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review)

Well, my belly hurts from laughing so hard, and my heart feels happy from swooning so much over Mr. Hot guy, Leo.

Laughs, romance and tons of coffee, what else can we ask for????

Jed Had To Die was totally delicious, a book not to miss.

photo 90DDE12D-9606-4D20-8162-1D490E549DD9_zpsebefclbc.jpg

Payton Lambert lives and breathes for coffee. She left her hometown of Bald Knob, Kentucky after she graduated High school, and opened up her own precious coffee shop; Liquid Crack
D
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jo
Coffee: Because crack will get you fired.
—Coffee Mug

This book is one of the most entertaining and hilarious books I have EVER read. I loved it from the very first page, and I could not stop laughing.

Payton Lambert left her small town Bald Knob, Kentucky twelve years ago, determined to make a success of her life, and to get away from the nosy townspeople and their lack of good coffee. But when she gets a call saying her best friend from school is in the hospital and Payton is her emergency

Syndi
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF.

I am not sure what is going on with this book. Someone dies then there is a sexy hero sheriff and a very damsel in distress. The story is about romance mix with murder mystery. The conversations between characters (main and secondary characters) are very confusing and immature. I think I lost it somewhere with all of these stupid immature police interrogation.

The whole village/ town is just immature and stupid. Even the comedy can not save this book.

Moving on...

2 stars
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
3.5 stars!
I love Tara Sivec’s humor! Jed Had to Die had humor, heat, and characters that truly made me smile.

I love a good suspense and something that keeps you thinking and on the edge of your seat and Jed Had to Die did just that. Whenever I am looking for something different and out of the box, I know that Tara will give it to me.

Payton is back home to take care of her best friend Emma Jo who was in the hospital. When Emma’s husband Jed mysteriously dies, the girls are freaking out wondering
Stacey is Sassy
What a fantastic performance...

***4.5 stars***

Not to take away from the humorous and very talented writing of Tara Sivec but this story was perfect for audio. Or, maybe it would be better to say that Jed Had to Die was perfectly performed by Amy McFadden.

Oh my lordy, I laughed...out loud...in public!!

To be honest, Jed Had to Die nearly killed me. Well sorta kinda my fault but I'll blame Tara and Amy for it too. Kind of spoilery, so proceed with caution. There I am, snuffly from a cold and a litt
Montzalee Wittmann
Jed Had to Die by Tara Sivec and narrated by Amy McFadden is a fun, witty, romantic novel about a murdered abusive husband who is the town mayor. The abused wife had called her friend she hadn't seen in 12 years to come see her. They start drinking and make a poisoned pie. The abused is never in the house after they made the pie!
The sheriff is a friend of the woman and is angry at the abuser. The abuser is found dead the next day in the back yard. Who did it and how? The small town rumors are h
Sharon
When I first saw this book, I thought it sounded amaaazing. Humor + Mystery + Romance? Sounds perfect. However, those three things I looked forward to most: humor, mystery, and romance - all of them weren't working for me in this particular book.

Pros
-I liked reading the snippets of the police interviewing the townspeople. They were bizarre and a bitttt funny sometimes
-I liked that Payton learned to love her weird small town again.
-Buddy & Emma: She suffered 12 years with a guy who didn't apprec
NinaReader
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and funny! Quintessential snark is present. The coffee obsession is hilarious. The characters are something else!
Cyndi
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I had more stars to give this book! It is absolutely hilarious! 🤣
Payton was the kid in the town that was always in trouble. She finally broke free and moved to Chicago. One day she gets a call to rush home because her best friend is in the hospital. She has been the victim of abuse from her husband since they were married. Meanwhile the whole town thinks Jed is a good guy, not an abusive husband.
But when he turns up dead, the whole thinks bad girl Payton is guilty. Sometimes she thinks
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Every time I see the title, “Jed Had to Die”, I sing it to the tune of the Dixie Chicks, “Goodbye, Earl”. (Google it. The video is hilarious!) If you’re familiar with the song, you know that a woman has been hospitalized by her abusive husband and she calls her best friend for support. One thing leads to another and the husband winds up dead. It’s a great song that inspired an even better book. Jed winds up dead, but solving the mystery of how it happens unfolds in the most hilarious of ways.

Pay
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Payton could not wait to escape from her old home town of Bald Knob and has found success with her cafe, serving the best coffee - in her humble opinion. When she receives and SOS call from her best friend she finds herself returning to Bald Knob for the first time in 12 years.

Within 24 hours she finds herself in the middle of a murder mystery and is dealing with the condemnation and gossip from the residents of bald knob. Everyone is pointing the finger at her and just quietly, she might be gu
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Tara Sivec, a hot sheriff and homemade moonshine situations?

Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: November 1, 2016
Genre: Romantic Comedy + Mystery

:: 5 Pretty Little Stars ::

This book. OMG it’s hilarious, mysterious, fun, and totally wacky! I loved every single minute of it. Tara Sivec has a flair for writing romantic comedies, but in this one, the way she adds mystery to the story makes it surpass all her other novels (although yes, I loved those ones too). Gah, I can’t even express my excitement for this book! It’s just really good and you have to read it for yourself! T
TeriLyn
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

**Jed Had to Die generously provided in exchange for an honest review.**

4 "Liquid Crack is fine." Stars

Tara Sivec put a smile on my face throughout Jed Had to Die. A cross between the Dixie Chicks song "Earl Had to Die" and Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick series, Jed Had to Die hails as a laugh out loud funny, incredibly zany suspense with sweet & silly romance. With each Rom-com style book of Sivec's her charmingly witty writing constantly seduces me into the romance of her stories add a little mys
Catarina
4 Stars.

I haven't read Tara Sivec for a while but this was a good one to re-start. What can I say? I love being the crazy lady that laughs alone at the train.
This was a hilarious, sexy and emotional book about a guy that just got the girl of his nerdy teenager dreams and about a girl that found out that the place we ran away from, it's actually where we belong.
If you like Tara Sivec or if you just like hilarious romance books... you should definitely read this one.

description
Steam: Some hot moments
Jen
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really didn’t know what to expect when going into this book. Tara Sivec blew my mind with this one. It had just the right dose of humor, romance and mystery to make a great read. The serious message she tried to convey came through perfectly and wasn’t lost in the humor. I have to say this book tops my favorite list of hers now.

Holy Hotness Nerd Alert! Leo, nerd turned superhero. That is the kind of hero I’m talking about. I love romances where the Hero wasn’t always the hot male that he is n
Tia Louise
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heat, humor, suspense, sexy, muskrats, dead raccoons!!!! SUPERHOT Leo Hudson? Yes please!!!

I love love LOVED this book so much! I laughed my ass off, I cried (dammit!), and I craved coffee the entire time... Haha!

A coffee addict leaves her small-town home in rural Kentucky vowing never to return, establishes a highly successful coffee chain in Chicago, but is pulled back home by her lifelong bestie ending up in the hospital after being brutally beaten by her husband Jed.

HS geeks turned into SEX
Mandy
This was a fun, light and completely hilarious book! There were a couple times I was laughing out loud it was so funny. The romance was really sweet and there were a couple good steamy scenes. I enjoyed the mystery in this one - who killed Jed?? I really enjoyed this one!
Paige
4 Stars!

I laughed so much. In typical Tara Sivec fashion, I was belly laughing through this whole book. She has got female relationships down pat and writes banter like no ones business. The romance seemed a bit secondary to all that, but still this book was a rom-com winner.

❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Funny, cute and crazy. Nothing but entertainment. Enjoyed!
Ambriehl Khalil
⭐️ [4.75/5 Stars] ⭐️

I think Tara Sivec has bumped her way up to my favourite romance authors. This was hilarious and so much fun. It was exactly what I needed. I was hooked from the first paragraph. I HIGHLY suggest listening to the audiobook which is what I did. It made the entire experience so much better. The narrator was fabulous and truly made brought all the characters to life.

I’m not surprised at the ending and I’m guessed the murderer from the start so there wasn’t a huge twist or anythi
Amy
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I first heard about Jed Had to Die, I really wasn’t sure what to expect or what I was really getting myself into. But, I will say that I was very intrigued by the story-line and was super excited to dive in.

Jed Had to Die was a quick and easy read. It’s told from dual points of view and had me laughing my ass off. Seriously, I could not get enough of this book. From the small town gossip to the entertaining police reports/interviews, there was not a dull moment. It was hard not to fall in l
Anas Attic  Book Blog
jed-had-to-die
Jed Had To Die by Tara Sivec
Standalone Romantic Comedy/ Mystery.
If you have followed Ana's Attic for any length of time, you know that Tara Sivec is one of my favorite authors, especially her romantic comedies. The Chocolate Lovers & Chocoholics Series are still my favorite all-time series, but The Holidays and now Jed Had To Die are joining the ranks. *Note: though it may seem I tell too much of the story, I don't go further than the blurb*

The thing I love about Tara's
Haidoulina
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was epic hilarious.... I can't remember the last time a book made me laugh so much.... I loved it... Payton's obsession with coffee reminds me of my friend Papadimakopoulou and I loved her even more.... And I loved Leo even more.... He's a hot looking nerd and in love with Payton since ever... How not to love him?!?! I didn't feel the mystery as to who the murderer is, because I was busy laughing but I couldn't care less... This book was amazing simply with its humor and snarky dialogues... ...more
D.C.
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this one.

Jed Had to Die might just be my new favorite Tara Sivec book. It's full of love and laughter while tackling a scary subject. There is also an element of mystery which I loved. Tara kept me on my toes, I can't recommend Jed Had to Die enough.

Also MUSKRATS!
All the Books!: Jed Had to Die by Tara Sivec 5 15 Jul 10, 2017 01:10PM
C.D.'s Canaries: Jed Had to Die BR 11/1/2016 28 26 Nov 28, 2016 01:09PM

• Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Fluffy (Do-Over, #1)
  • Always Be My Banshee (Mystic Bayou, #4)
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Perky (Do-Over, #2)
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Make Mine Magic
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 1
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • Instant Attraction (Always Satisfied, #4)
  • Lies
  • The Christmas Pact
  • How to Date Your Dragon (Mystic Bayou, #1)
  • Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of