Start by marking “The Promise of December (The Promised Series #1)” as Want to Read:
The Promise of December (The Promised Series #1)

Read Book

The Promise of December

(The Promise Series #1)

Christmas.

That bittersweet word that plays on my mind every goddamn year. Some people love it, I don’t like the fact I still live around it. Like any other child, Christmas for me was the most magical time of all. The winter walks, the smell of fresh cinnamon and candy canes, the excitement in the pit of my stomach where I found it hard to sleep. I loved that.

But once you
Published October 11th 2016 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The Promise of December, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Promise of December

D.M.
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's January and this is my second Christmas setting book. I just cannot help myself. They are just so warm and fuzzy!

The promise of December is about finding inner peace. Tamzin was raised by her grandparents and December is a hard month for her. Tamzin's boss knows she is hardworking and cuts her some slack during the dreaded month. Her Bosses son, Noel, however, is about to mix things up.

Noel is in the process of taking over his father's company. He wants to get a feel for the place before pe
Amy
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Promise of December
K.L. Jessop
5 stars

Its my first Christmas read of the season and I loved it. I believe this is a novella but the thing is I don’t know for what series of for what upcoming book! I need info K.L. Jessop because this was such a great read!

Tamzin doesn’t do December. The loss of her grandparents has made her shut the holidays out. It is the most magical time of the year, families are together, lights and decorations line the streets, the smells, the memories .. its all too mu
Le Ann Foster
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
♡♡Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡ ♡

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

This was my first Christmas read and it was so worth it!!! It makes me what to get out the tree now and start decorating the house!!!! I love Christmas anyhow, but this book just want me to start even earlier than I normal do. All the things that Noel does for Tamzin to get her to believe in the magic of Christmas is beyond words, I think we all wish we had a Noel!!!

Tamzin who was raised by her grand parents loved Christma
Pelusa Rivera
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC at no cost to author on behalf of Wit and Wonder. Tamzin hates December because she had suffered some losses and this time of year brings the pain all back, so she doesn't do Christmas and struggles with it, she just can't wait for it to be over. Enter Noel a compassionate and sexy man, who is mesmerized by Tamzin, and he loves Christmas. Will he be able to change her mind on that? Short Story
Sal
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness I have a big, no huge, no massive smile on my face right now all because of this book! So much romance and a hell of a lot of smiles flew at me from the pages of this one. So blooming perfect I suggest you go read!
A torrid romance
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book start to finish!! A sexy festive read that you’ll want to read again and again.What I loved about this book was there was no major drama or angst,no damaged characters.Just a sweet sexy seductive Christmas read.
Tamzin hates December and all that comes with it,she struggles at this time of year,shes alone and cant wait for it all to be over.Having suffered some losses that have hardened her heart against Christmas she struggles to move forward and finds herself stuck emotionally a
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
When you hate the month of December and everything that comes with it, due to reasons that have left you with an emotional vendetta against Christmas, the last thing you need is the guy that loves Christmas, to be the one you love to look at !

Tamzin and Noels relationship starts out in a fun old way and Noel vows to take care of her and show Tamsin how special Christmas can be, fill it with good memories. Can the magic of Christmas thaw her heart and can it bring them together.

Kate's writing i
Jordan
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
KL Jessop is a new author for me so getting a taste of her work with a Christmas themed story at this time of year is great.

We meet Tamzin who does not like Christmas, or well the month of December. She gets extremely drunk and meets Noel at her works Christmas party.
Noel loves everything Christmas and is determined to give Tamzin her spirit back so proposes a deal with her.

This book is a lovely sweet story that's not too long. It has everything you could want, including some pretty hot scenes i
Wit & Wonder Books
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
*** ARC provided by the author for an honest review ***

Christmas is a time for family, in whatever form it may come in. In The Promise of December by K.L. Jessop, loss of family and love of friends each have such a contradictory effect on this magical time of year.

Tamzin’s mother died during childbirth and she was raised by her grandparents. She grew up surrounded by love. Christmas time was a time for celebration and happiness shared among their small family. These were the best years of Tamzin
Cee Cee Houston
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was a bittersweet story of being lost and alone at what is supposed to be one of the happiest times of the year. Tamzin was an orphan who was brought up by her elderly grandparents and from a young age was bullied at school, one girl in particular left a lasting impression on her at Christmas time. When she later loses her grandparents during that seasonal period, she just shuts down and refuses to celebrate it at all. That is until Noel appears in her life. He forces her, gently but firmly
CHERRY0BLOSSOMS
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leann-reviews

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

Tamzin who was raised by her grand parents loved Christmas up until her 21srt birthday. They past way a
Melissa
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This was my first book by this author and loved it!  It is also my first Christmas book of this year.  Each year around this time I pick some books with the theme to be around Christmas.

Tamzin has been through a lot of her life.  Losing her mother at a young age.  She was raised by her grandparents.  When Tamzin lost her grandparents, Christmas was never the same.  She did not believe in the magic of Christmas anymore.  Then, she meets Noel and everything changes.  This book was romantic with
Lizzie
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I have read by KL Jessop and I am hooked!
This story follows Tamzin and Noel. Tamzin hates Christmas where Noel loves it.
Ever since her grandparents died a few years back, Tamzin has hated the season and goes into a depressed state every December. Until Noel walks into her life and turns her whole world upside down.
Will Noel be able to save her from yet another depressed December? Will Tamzin let him save her?
This is the perfect "first love" story and I highly recommend it
Caroline
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love story, I couldn't put this book down from cover to cover. It was well written and made me feel like I knew the characters, the story plot was gorgeous and it even included some hot scenes along the way.

When Tamzin first meets Noel she has had way too much to drink at the office Christmas party and he is a heroic Santa coming to her rescue. She is trying to escape Christmas, he loves Christmas and want to help her find the joy again. This is an instalove book with a HEA.

Reviewed
tania
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

I didn't know what to expect, the promise of December is a beautiful story. I couldn't stop reading it, k.l.jessop has done and outstanding job of writing this book about noal and Tamzin

5 star well deserved
Nancy George
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story of Tami and Noel is a heart warming story. Tamzin has lost her way and how to believe. Noel is determined to help her find her Christmas again. In the time they are together they discover so many things. The emotion is so high in this book. Can't wait to read the next one.
Amanda Williams
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I loved it. Heartbreaking yet heartwarming at the same time. This author's work is incredible.
A Strong storyline with loveable characters. Cannot wait to see what more she has in store for us. Definitely worth checking it out.
Kristina
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and sweet story that i loved! Perfect to get you in the mood for Christmas <3
Amanda Lee
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading Christmas books and this is one I'll definitely read again. It was sweet, funny, sexy, and a little sad making the perfect mix for leaving you feeling warm and fuzzy. I love Noel's family and seeing the magic of Christmas.
Nicola Burbridge
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just read this. I love reading, love December and love Christmas so absolutely loved this book. Loved that Noel helped her through her grief . scared to read the next for fear of no happy ending x
Claire Willan
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read in 24 hours

Loved this book, was hooked with from the first page. Love the story and can’t wait to now start the next book.
Kim
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic wringing again from this young writer, her clever imagination brings to life these characters in this new world of love and finding one another. A great read for romance readers out there!
Emma Davis
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a lovely book 🥰

Looking for a quick read prior to attending a book signing and this was suggest, I’m so pleased I read the book (and sequel!)

I loved the story of Tamzin and Noel and how he got her to love December
Louise Roach
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was so sweet! I adored it, and devoured it from start to finish.
It had everything you could possibly want from a sexy, romantic, easy to read book without too much drama or unnecessary angst.

In this story we meet Tamzin, who absolutely cannot stand the month of December. Following some painful losses, Christmas stirs up too many memories for her, and being on her own tries to avoid the festivities. Noel on the other hand is from a big, extremely close family where Christmas is everyth
Dawn
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
TDCbookreviews
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: k-l-jessop
Tamzin wants nothing but to bring her grandparents back. Since that is impossible, she decides to skip Christmas for the rest of her life. What is the point in celebrating what should be a happy, family-filled occasion when she is miserable?
When she gets completely wasted at a work christmas party, and is helped home by a delicious stranger (aka the boss' son) Santa may have some tricks left in his sack to help anyone believe in the spirit of the season again.

An adorable story that is perfect
Anya
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ!!

This book has everything from festive cheer to steamy scenes and had me laughing from the beginning.

With her struggles of December and the heartache, she carries, Tamzin want's nothing more than the month to pass in a blur or be cancelled altogether. Noel, the gorgeous guy with a sexy grin has other ideas and will do anything to make her see what she's missing out on. Christmas to him is everything and overtime works his magic on the blond bombshell with festive adventures and hear
Paula D
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A sweet Christmas story! Tazmin ever since she was little she loved Christmas until she had no one around to celebrate it with her. One day at her work party she gets drunk and Santa aka Noel helps her get home and next day tells Tazmin to give him a month to change her mind about Christmas. We see two strangers fall head over heals with each other and more. A short beautiful, fun story about living your life and remembering your loved ones. 5/5 stars ****Reviewed for Sweet & Spicy Read prov ...more
Lianne
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this sweet, hot and spicy Christmas Novella.

Tamzin has lost her spark when it comes to Christmas, it used to be her favourite time of year, but after losing her grandparents she has become very blah about it.

Noel is all for Christmas and his family take Christmas celebrations above and beyond.

After meeting Tamzin, Noel is intrigued and makes it his goal to make Tamzin feel the magic of Christmas again!

A great read, especially with Christmas just around the corner!
Kaila
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a short, sweet read. I am not a huge "holiday themed" book girl but it was so very sweet. Noel and Tazmin made me smile and laugh. They felt like siblings I never had. They were so adorable.. The pain Tazmin went through made me sad.. This was a sexy read and fairly short so if you are looking for a cute christmas themed sweet story I would highly recommend this one.
  • Falling for Christmas
  • A Christmas for Carrie (Feeling the Heat, #2.5)
  • Stranded
  • Her Secret Santa
  • Christmas with the Laird (Christmas Around the World #3)
  • The Cat of Yule Cottage
  • 'Tis the Season to be Kissed
  • Falling for a Christmas Cowboy (Tender Heart Texas #5)
  • The Gift
  • Wrapped in Lace
  • Vampire Claus
  • Baby, It's Christmas & Hold Me, Cowboy
  • Dashing through the Snow: A Sexy, Snowy Christmas Tale
  • Love Me By Christmas
  • Christmas Catch (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • Winter's Fairytale
  • Cross Country Christmas (Woodfalls Girls, #1.5)
  • A Cowboy For Christmas (Copper Mountain Christmas #1, The Scott Brothers of Montana #1)
KL lives in South West England just on the edge of Dartmoor where the moorland goes on for days. It's beautiful, breath-taking and occasionally rather wet.

KL probably swears way more than she should, her mum makes the best cupcakes in history, and she goes weak at the knees for a man with a five o'clock shadow.

The Promise Series (2 books)
  • The Promise of Forever (The Promise Series #2)