Start by marking “Un seductor sin corazón (Los Ravenel #1)” as Want to Read:
Un seductor sin corazón (Los Ravenel #1)

Un seductor sin corazón

(The Ravenels #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  20,013 ratings  ·  2,222 reviews
Devon Ravenel, el libertino mas perversamente encantador de Londres, acaba de heredar un condado. Pero su nuevo y poderoso rango viene acompanado de responsabilidades indeseadas y mas de una sorpresa. La propiedad esta llena de deudas, y la casa aun esta ocupada por las tres inocentes hermanas del anterior conde y por Kathleen, Lady Trenear, una hermosa y joven viuda, cuyo ...more
Published October 31st 2016 by Ediciones B (first published October 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Un seductor sin corazón, please sign up.
Catherine You must read Marrying Winterborne! It was one of the best books I read. Helen and Rhys are a great couple. I highly recommend it.
Romanza Lettore I was thinking that. Cousins doesn't bother me. Remember in Gone With the Wind, the Wilkes' always married their cousins. i.e. Ashley & Melanie.

·  20,013 ratings  ·  2,222 reviews

Daniella
Jul 06, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Kleypas is so important to me as a fan of historical romance. She was the reason I got into the genre in the first place, and it was [most of] her books that became the standard by which I judged others. The latter, of course, changed once I broadened my horizons and got acquainted with the works of Amanda Quick, Elizabeth Hoyt and Monica McCarty, but LK is still definitely a legend in her own right.

That was why I waited patiently for her comeback to historical romance. And we're talking a
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Lisa Kleypas is back, and back in a big way with Cold-Hearted Rake, her first historical romance in years, and it's everything we long time fans have come to expect from her storytelling: It's romantic, poignant, funny, and oh, so very sexy!

Blurb...

A twist of fate...

Devon Ravenel, London's most wickedly charming rake, has just inherited an earldom. But his powerful new rank in society comes with unwanted responsibilities . . . and more than a few surprises. His estate is saddled with debt, and
[Aengell]
4 stars

Okay, so here it is. A new Historical Romance by my queen of Historical Romances. I'm also a firm supporter and believer of her Contemporaries, but yeah, The Historicals, right?

I loved this story, not necessarily because it was spectacular or breath-taking, but because this is the second opportunity this year where Lisa Kleypas takes us on a ride to her romance-land again. And from the oil-rich high society in Joe's Brown-Eyed Girl, we come to Hampshire, the motherland of the Hathaways a
Jilly
I've hated main characters before, and I'd feel absolute glee if some of Kristen Ashley's alpha assholes were slowly tortured and killed - by a girl scout troop. But, this main female character is definitely on the very top of my most-hated females list. She is the biggest hypocritical, self-righteous bitch I have ever had the misfortune to read in HR. I hope she dies of a minor fever.

The story is about a guy, Devon, who inherits a title and land from his jackass cousin who dies from a fall from
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, historical
4.5 stars!

I can't wait for Rhys and Helen's book!!!
Anne
If you (like me) enjoy a good piece of fluff every now and then, you could do a lot worse than Lisa Kleypas' Cold-Hearted Rake
Is it perfection?
I didn't think so. <--Personal opinion!
But, like I mentioned, at this point...I'm just in it for the fluff.

description

In other words, while I didn't fall in love with the hero or the heroine, I have to say that Kleypas can spin straw into gold. I mean, I didn't even realize that I wasn't crazy about the couple until after I finished the book!
So. Yeah.
Well done!
By
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

A ruined estate, a depleted fortune, and a woman he couldn't have.

Or better, an inheritance he's too selfish and immature to appreciate, not enough somebody else's money left for him to squander, and how to bed a woman silly while carefully remaining the same jerk you were on page one and then wanting to pass off as a romance novel hero at the end of the book.

Devon Ravenel, of the infamous hot-tempered Ravenels, a man unrepentantly bent on living off the glorious ancestral badass charm but on
Didi
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS

It's been a while since LK has written a HR. She's among my top 3 fave authors and she writes beautifully. I enjoyed this book, but I didn't love it. If I'm comparing it to other HR books she's written, most notably The Wallflowers series, then this isn't AS good. Why?

Let's get the good stuff out of the way. The writing was flawless, of course. The descriptions, the emotion, the use of prose...I enjoyed all that.
The hero, Devon Ravenel, was alright. He was quite an asshole at the begin
Stacey is Sassy
Not so cold-hearted after all.

Cold-Hearted Rake was everything I hoped it would be. Ms Kleypas has the remarkable ability to make you want to step back in time and live it. You forget about the lack of modern conveniences, medicine and rights of women. You don't mind the idea of no phones or computers and instead have communication that takes hours or days instead of seconds to deliver. It seems extravagant to have someone dress you and set your hair to attend breakfast, instead of seconds to sl
Alp
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Not what I expected.

Had it not been for the fact that I couldn't warm up to the heroine, Kathleen, throughout the whole book, I would have had no problem rating this one higher than 3 stars. Apparently, Cold-Hearted Rake had so much potential to be a great read, too bad, it ultimately fell short. Honestly, I loved everything about this book. Everything, except Kathleen! In my opinion, it was obvious that there was not enough depth to her character so that I couldn't connect with her. There was n
Auntee
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lisa Kleypas historicals fans
Loved everything about it. I don't read many historicals anymore but I never turn down a Lisa Kleypas historical--they never disappoint.

Can't wait for the next in the series--Marrying Winterborne. But jeez, May 2016??:(
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
This is a decent enough historical romance, but waaaay too long. I was set to give this four stars up to about page 270... and then there was another hundred pages to go! So, I started skimming...

There really isn't anything special about this romance, and in fact, there wasn't nearly enough time actually spent ON the romance. For the first half of the book, the Cold-Hearted Rake only made a handful of appearances and wasn't even part of the story!

Half the book is about the supporting characters.
Mo
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
January 2019 - re-read and also listened to part of it on Audible. A very enjoyable read, even the second time around.

--------------------------------------------
A very enjoyable read and start to the series.

"I am a scoundrel, and she is a heartless bitch who's entirely capable of looking after herself."

Kathleen knows better tha
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“I know many scientific facts about the human heart- not the least of which is that it's far easier to make a heart stop beating entirely than to keep it from loving the wrong person.”

A fabulous historical romance to end 2018 with!

Devon Ravenel is a rake who just inherited a title and an estate, as well as debt and four women he has no idea what to do with. Three are his young cousins and one his cousin's widow. Firmly intending on selling the estate to settle the debts and dust hi
Louisa
Oh wow.

This has got to be my biggest literary disappointment of the year. I don't know what happened to Kleypas' usual wonderful characterisation, but what I know is that this is one of my least favourite HRs from her, and I usually love them to bits.

This was not worth waiting for. Devon was a bastard. Fluctuated way too much for me to believe he changed. Don't see how he and Kathleen were even attracted to each other. Too much focus on Winterborne and Helen. The main romance should've been fr
SheReadsALot
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: LK historical fans; lovers of historical tropes; myself
Before Reading : I am living for this book.

I am all about it.

All of it.

All.

After Reading : (view spoiler)

4.5 Stars--It's been proven I'm a Lisa Kleypas fan.

So much so, I figured I'd give it time before trying her new historical after her years long break. I read her contemporary return Brown-Eyed Girl earli
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
Like every other Lisa Kleypas fan, I have been waiting eagerly for this book, which heralds her return to writing historical romances after a gap of five years. Well, I have to confess that I had mixed feelings about the book. Some aspects I really enjoyed but others I found disappointing.

At first, Devon’s actions seem to confirm him as totally heartless and selfish. He simply wants to be rid of his inherited responsibilities without any concern for those people his actions will affect, but grad
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

Well I'm very glad I decided to give this book a second chance and listen to it instead.
I had a go at it earlier this year but had to DNF because I didn't like the characters very much. Honestly though, I may have been a bit rash in my decision because while they may have been a bit caustic to each other in the beginning as the story progressed they became much more agreeable. In the same breath I will say Devon and Kathleen were possibly the most argumentative couple I have ever read.
Kathleen
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
I couldn't finish this one😩 I cannot believe I'm giving up on a Lisa Kleypas HR! I found myself skimming and you know it's bad when you've skimmed so much that you now have lost the gist of the story and you're like "What the hell is going on?". I'm sad about this book but I'm glad that LK is back to writing historicals. I mean Devil in Winter is in my top 5 all time fave HRs and she wrote thee Derek Craven😍! The Hathaway series is just amazing! So because of that I forgive Ms. Kleypas and I wil ...more
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)

The only reason this book lost a star from the rating was because of the constant unnecessary bickering between the two leads.Devon & Kathleen just didn't grown on me as a couple :/
Jen
I have always loved Lisa Kleypas's work, and "Cold- Hearted Rake" is no exception. I fell into this story quickly and stayed with it the whole way through! There were times when Kahtleen irked me; but for the most part I didn't hate her...LOL In true LK style, her secondary characters were all very entertaining as well. I love how she always seems to integrate humor into her stories and it just adds to the level of enjoyment.

My only complaint with this book was that I felt there was a lot more f
Mandi Schreiner
The hero is definitely a rake in this one - but he made me smile on more than one occasion. The heroine is very head-strong and independent. By the end, I got a little tired of their constant push/pull. Especially the heroine's stubbornness. We get a lot with the hero's brother and the heroine's three sisters. They get a lot of page time - it's a lovely romance between h/h, but a lot of set-up occurs with the other characters when I kind of wanted to get back to the main couple.

The banter betwee
Christie«SHBBblogger»
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oct2015
A great start to the series, but not quite as enjoyable as some of her other books. There was a great lead in to the following book in the series, I will most definitely be checking that out next year.
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

My Review
Summary
3dfc0949-307a-4721-baab-a4be5dca297d_zpsyptcwevbDevon Ravenel, a wicked rake with a reputation to span the country, has just learned that his cousin died in a accident, and now Devon is the Earl, which is his greatest fear! Now he has many responsibilities and all he craves is his freedom from it all. Devon, along with his brother Weston, are heading toward Devon's estate and make decisions. Upon arrival, all that Devon wants to do is to sell it, and sell of everything that i
♥ℳelody
*Review up*
Lisa Kleypas is BACK! She's back! She's back! She's ba-a-a-aaaaack.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This wasn’t perfect, but I still enjoyed this thoroughly and could not put it down. I was totally absorbed in the writing, the characters and the possibilities to come.

The writing
Details! Details! Oh the glorious details!
Dizzily she focused on the large hand braced against the door. His skin was faintly tawny, the kind that would brown easily in the sun. One of his knuckles was scraped and raw--from lifting the carri
Nenia ☠️ Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Protector of Out of Print Gems, Mother of Smut, and Actual Garbage Can ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Like so many others, Lisa Kleypas was my "gateway drug" into the historical romance genre. I loved her Gamblers series, and then her Wallflowers series. Then she took a hiatus from historical romance, working on her contemporary series, Friday Harbor and the Travises.  When she started writing historical romance again, I was so excited. But then the reviews for the first book in her new Ravenels series started coming in...and they were less
Sammy Loves Books
I'm so excited about this series!!

I read book 2 Marrying Winterborne 2 years ago without realizing it was part of a series. That book is one of my all time favorites.

description

It was wonderful to go back to the beginning and see how it all started with Kathleen and Devon. Kathleen got on my nerves with her bossy stubbornness.

I Loved all the back story with Helen and Winterborne!!
Caz

Lisa Kleypas makes a very welcome return to the world of the historical romance with her latest book Cold Hearted Rake, the first in a new series set in the late Victorian era. It’s been around five years since Ms Kleypas last published an historical and I suppose what everyone is dying to know is – was it worth the wait? The answer has to be YES, absolutely – although the book isn’t without its faults and the central romance, while satisfyingly steamy, is a little inconsistent, and isn
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
This book was just what I needed, when I needed it.

description

After serial killers, unspoken horrors and WW2, I just wanted a good, old fashioned, cliché romance to warm my broken heart. Cold-Hearted Rake is just that. With the bonus of an adult target audience, which means plenty of good, consensual sex (dare I say love making?).

The story is simple. Devon Ravenel inherited an earldom from his cousin, while Kathleen is the late cousin's young widow. He's a Casanova, while she had the best upbringing. They
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lisa Kleypas Fans, Historical, Romance
4 Glad I'm of This Century Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
Life really can be a crap shoot...So much has bearing on Where you are born, Who you are born to and most importantly...What Time Period... I mean really, just think for a moment...There have been so many innovations during my life that the idea of living back during historical times makes my mind kinda explode.

All of the things I take for granted- poof gone in a puff of smoke. All of the freedoms I have and continue to fight for...I would nev

• Sweetest Scoundrel (Maiden Lane, #9)
  • Luck Be a Lady (Rules for the Reckless, #4)
  • When the Rogue Returns (The Duke's Men, #2)
  • When the Marquess Met His Match (An American Heiress in London, #1)
  • Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2)
  • My American Duchess
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • The Luckiest Lady in London (The London Trilogy #1)
  • Scandal Wears Satin (The Dressmakers, #2)
  • Her Every Wish (The Worth Saga #1.5)
  • The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels, #1)

The Ravenels (6 books)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
“Time is what I'm giving you," he said, staring down at her. His hand curved beneath her chin, compelling her to look at him. "There's only one way for me to prove that I will love you and be faithful to you for the rest of my life. And that's by loving you and being faithful to you for the rest of my life. Even if you don't want me. Even if you choose not to be with me. I'm giving you all the time I have left. I vow to you that from this moment on, I will never touch another woman, or give my heart to anyone but you. If I have to wait sixty years, not a minute will have been wasted- because I'll have spent all of them loving you.” 18 likes
“Never apologize to women. It only confirms that you were wrong, and incenses them further.” 17 likes