Start by marking “Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)” as Want to Read:
Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)

Royal Affair (Royals in Exile #2)

A sheltered princess goes wild—and makes the best mistake of her life—when she falls for a roguish reporter in this fun, sexy romance from the bestselling author of Royal Scandal.

Online muckraker Brooks Walker has a reputation for exposing the political elite. Now he’s set his sights on the Sinclair siblings, who’ve been embroiled in their fair share of drama ever since th
Kindle Edition
Published April 18th 2017 by Loveswept (first published March 7th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Royal Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royal Affair

XxTainaxX
Apr 10, 2017 XxTainaxX rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. Curiosity made me pick this book up. I wondered how the author would make this plot work because after the happenings in book one our hero, Brooks, appeared to be more foe than friend to the Sinclairs.

Charlotte is a princess. Bound by duty and family. She comes across as a naive but enthusiastic woman who spent much too long in a guilded cage. She is optimistic and eager to spread her wings.

Brooks is a sexy, ambitious man that values truth and honesty. As a result, he has created a
Dash fan
May 08, 2017 Dash fan rated it really liked it
4.5☆ A Flirtatious and Risky Affair

Once again another fabulous book by Marquita Valentine.

Royal Affair is full of passion, forbidden love and steamy hot sex scenes.

This is the second book in the series and I do recommend you read the first book to start with. As there is a huge storyline in the first book you don't want to miss.

Ok so..... Princess Charlotte is the main character in this story.
Brooks works in the media. He was responsible for the scandal coming out about the Royals in the previou
Dali
Royal romances are so entertaining to read, add in a dash of forbidden romance and Valentine’s effervescence and we get a royally sweet, fun and sexy read.

Brooks Walker has made his fame and fortune by not being afraid to go after the politically corrupt. He’s also infamous for exposing the secret behind the Sinclair siblings’ exile and his journalistic instincts tell him there’s more. What they can’t warn him about is that after meeting the quiet and shy Princess Charlotte, his life will neve
Chris  Carroll
3.5 Stars

I have enjoyed every book by Marquita Valentine that I have read and reviewed in the past. This is the first book that I have been able to review in her Royals in Exile series.

Unfortunately, it is imperative that you read the other books in the series before you pick this one up. I was lost a lot in this book. I felt very disconcerted and because of that I really didn't connect well to the characters.

While I really liked Charlotte and Brooks, I really disliked Charlotte's twin sister, G
Lover of Romance
Apr 03, 2017 Lover of Romance rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance Summary
Princess Charlotte, the twin to her sister who agreed to be Queen, is the spare but is also allowed a bit more freedom than her sister. Charlotte has made it her mission to be a bit rebellious especially when it comes to social media, which is where she ends up harmlessly fllirting with the one man that brought their family into the media's spotlight and the scandal of the decade. But Charlotte admits that she has a thing for
Esther
Mar 14, 2017 Esther rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
ARC provided by NetGalley and Publisher for honest review.

Predictable Royal Romance.

Charlotte is the second in line to the throne. She's quiet, shy and the royal wallflower. All Charlotte would like is to have her own fairy tale of finding her prince, falling in love and having a family. Charlotte has a crush on Brooks and has been somewhat "stalking" him for a bit. But there is a slight problem, Brooks Walker is a journalist and owns Walker media and exposed Charlottes family secrets. But she c
Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog

There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky. And you ask, “What if I fall?” Oh but my darling, “What if you fly?” ~Erin Hanson

When you're still SMILING after a story is over, you know it's a GEM, so brilliant and bright. I crown all of the jewels to Marquita Valentine for one royally incredible Royal Affair, a story that shines like GOLD! Royal Affair CAUGHT ME, CLAIMED ME, and CROWNED ME in BOOK BLISS!!!

The first line of this fairy tale thrust me into this story with a force th
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Charlotte piqued my interest since first meeting her in (Royal Scandal) and I’m so happy I got the chance to read her story. This is part of a series and can be read as a standalone, however I’d recommend reading the first as there are some things that might leave you in the dark if you don’t know the whole backstory (regarding the revenge seeking, grudge holding villain of the story.)

Charlotte’s life is no longer so secret or private. Not since news broke out of her family’s exile and hideout i
Lady Heather
Publication Date: April 18, 2017

Loved Colin's story in Royal Scandal, but Charlotte's story is my favorite.
This is also one of my favorite themes; where the shy, innocent, smart, quirky girl makes a deal with the devil in order to have some freedom and adventure.
Brooke Walker, CEO of Walker Media, and the man who outed her family to the public- plays the part of the villain in this story very well... but not all is as it seems.

Wonderful writing, story, and characters.
I'm really enjoying this se
~Mandi~
Apr 18, 2017 ~Mandi~ rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love a book about a princess that finds her Prince Charming and lives happily ever after?
I totally loved this one. It's so charmingly sweet and sexy all wrapped up in one book.
This one has a bit of drama mixed in with the romance. The story started in Royal Scandal and continued through into this one.
The author leaves you wanting more and gives you a teaser into the next story. Can't wait for that one to be released.
So if your looking for a cute and sexy read with a great ending
Tati
May 11, 2017 Tati rated it liked it
This was an okay read.

I didn't really understand Brook's character development, to be honest. He gave me whiplash, pretty much. I also missed some sort of recap for the previous book. Why is it that the Sinclairs hated Brook so much? I don't know...

(view spoiler)
Paula  Phillips
Mar 16, 2017 Paula Phillips rated it really liked it
One of my favorite themes to read about is Royalty and Cinderella type tales. Royal Affair by Marquita Valentine was refreshing in a way as it still followed suit and style that I loved but in a gender reversal way as it seems with the royalty books it is always the male that is part of the royal family and the female is the commoner. In Royal Affair, though, we are met with Princess Charlotte aka Char Sinclair. Charlotte is second to the throne in their small kingdom as females rule the throne ...more
Isha Coleman
Apr 13, 2017 Isha Coleman rated it it was amazing
ARC Review: Royal Affair (Royals in Exile) by Marquita Valentine

It's no hardship to read and adore Marquita Valentine. She speaks to a place in our hearts that still wants to believe that the unbelievable is possible. That an orphan with a good heart can find her Prince Charming (literally). That a princess can find happily ever after in the most unlikely of places. That's Ms. Valentine. A romantic dreamer and I am a proud fan. Royal Affair brings the beauty of a fairy tale to the realism of mod
Sheryl
Mar 23, 2017 Sheryl rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Random House Publishing*
Elle Christensen
Mar 26, 2017 Elle Christensen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
I am absolutely loving this series! The Sinclair siblings are full of life and I’m excited to follow them until everyone has their happily ever after. There is plenty of intrigue with the secrets and mysteries that surround this royal family. They support and love each other, which is sweet and funny. And, when they find their “one” they burst with chemistry making the book HOT! Everything I’ve come to expect from Marquita Valentine!

Royal Affair is the story of Princess Charlotte Sinclair, “the
Aishwarya Saxena
So despite not being a huge fan of the opener in this series, I decided to give Royal Affair a shot straight away. The premise was a bit cliched and, TBH, I wasn’t a huge fan of the story for about half of it. But I stuck wth it and I’m glad to say I was pleasantly surprised. #AlwaysFinishABook

Princess Charlotte Sinclair has always been the wallflower. The traumatic death of her parents and the subsequent exile in North Carolina has left her socially awkward and desirous of wanting a normal life
Amy
Mar 21, 2017 Amy rated it really liked it
Royal Affair is the second book in the Royals in Exile Series and can be read as a stand alone novel. Told from dual points of view, Royal Affair follows the story of Brooks and Charlotte. All her life, Charlotte has been the wallflower and the “forgotten twin”. She’s always been quiet and responsible. There is only one thing Charlotte has truly wanted for herself and that is Brooks. However, Brooks is completely off limits. He is the wrong type of man for Charlotte, but that makes him oh so rig ...more
Tami
Mar 06, 2017 Tami rated it really liked it
3.5

Good book that got better as it progressed. Can be read as a standalone, but I recommend the series in it's entirety.

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***FULL REVIEW***

5 Romantic Crowns

I feel like I just read a fairy-tale, albeit dirtier than normal! Every single sweet and steamy moment between Charlotte and Brooks swept me up in their romance, and by the end of this book I was completely suffused with happiness.

Charlotte and Brooks are magical together. She is the shy and often introverted princess who is looking for freedom, and she is brave and asks for it in the form of Brooks. Brooks, who readers have met in the previous book, is CEO of W
Caitlyn Lynch
Apr 19, 2017 Caitlyn Lynch rated it it was ok
I had a bad moment about 10% of the way into reading this book when what I call my 'Christian Grey radar' went off. (For the record, I'm in the '50 Shades of Creepy Abusive Stalker' camp.)

The heroine, Charlotte, proposes an affair to the hero, Brooks. She's a (minor) princess, he's a social-media-famous journalist she already knows is a chronic over-sharer. Her only pre-condition for the affair is that he must not share 'intimate' ie. nude, photos of her.

His response? To state conditions of his
Ana Rita
Apr 18, 2017 Ana Rita rated it really liked it
Do you know that feeling of wanting more? Of wanting the next book from the series that you just ended? I was a mess. I was happy because the first book was amazing but sad because the next book would take a few weeks to be finished. And that day had arrived. Hurray... I was so freaking happy because of it.
Royal Affair is the second book from the Royals in Exile series and sweet baby Jesus, this book is hot as hell.
If you don't believe me get it and start Reading it because you will be amazed.
Amanda (Booknerd_1107)
Apr 16, 2017 Amanda (Booknerd_1107) rated it it was amazing
**thank you to the author and publisher for providing an arc***

5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Royal Affair is funny, sexy and a must read for fans of The Sinclair's and Marquita Valentine.

The Sinclair's are back and it's time for Charlotte to spread her wings. Being the twin of the queen has its perks and downsides. But Charlotte has grown use to living in her sister's shadow. One boring night at a charity ball is about to change all that when Brooks Walker shows up and helps Charlotte finally do something that is unch
Paris
I was really excited to get a chance to read Royal Affair. I enjoyed the first book in the series and really couldn’t wait to see things from Charlotte’s point of view. I find this royal world very fascinating, especially since it’s matriarchal. There are so many secrets already floating around the Sinclair family, but there are so many more that we didn’t know about until they were uncovered in this book. It’s never a dull moment with the Sinclairs.

Charlotte Sinclair is the spare heir. She hate
Shelly's Book Corner
Apr 15, 2017 Shelly's Book Corner rated it really liked it
Shelves: lourdes-reviews
Princess Charlotte is the sensible, responsible Sinclair sibling. As the “spare” twin, she’s used to be out of the spotlight and on the shadow of the future queen, her sister Imogen and as the youngest girl, her oldest brothers and sister always make decisions around her.
When Brooks Walker crashes her brother’s charity ball and they meet, she can’t stop herself from flirting with the man she stalks on social media, the same one who exposed her family’s exile. She knows he’s dangerous and not sui
Linda Zagon
Mar 27, 2017 Linda Zagon rated it really liked it
I would like to thank NetGalley and Random House Publishing Group-Loveswept to an ARC of "Royal Affair" by Marquita Valentine for my honest review. The genres for this novel are Women's Contemporary Fiction and Romance.
Princess Charlotte is described as a lonely, shy and laid back Royal. Although she has been warned of the consequences, Charlotte has been on social media using a different name. Charlotte panics in social situations, not especially helpful for a princess.
Brooks Water is a journ
Monique
Review written: April 6, 2017
Star Rating: ★★★☆
Heat Rating: ☀☀☀☼☼

An Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review.

I was really excited to read this book after reading Royal Scandal. I liked Scandal's (not so) easy friends to lovers story and the authorial voice. But I was really most curious about Charlotte after the first book so this was a natural for me.

I got way more than I bargained for, and in a good way. Charlotte's backstory was far more
Tanja Kezmic
Apr 01, 2017 Tanja Kezmic rated it it was amazing
First of all I have to say i've started writting a review 3 times and wasn't satisfied with my words because i didn't think i described all prasie that it deserves. So i think i finally did and here it is:

I've been waiting for this book since November when i received ARC of ROYAL SCANDAL and i have to say it was the longes wait ever but worth every minute of it. I think i fell (a little) in love with Brooks in Hard to fall and then i hated him (a little) when he exposed the Sinclars to the worl
Maddy's Reading
Apr 19, 2017 Maddy's Reading rated it really liked it
I am loving the Royals in Exile series by the author and this is the second installment. It is preferable to have read the first one since it's easier to connect the dots.
Charlotte is the second-in-waiting to the throne after her twin sister Imogen and was shown as a shy wallflower in the previous book. In this story she decides to test her limits with the forbidden one. Brooks is the journalist who exposed their family secrets to the world but has her intrigued. Meeting him at a family event p
* A review copy was provided by the author/publisher via NetGalley for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 When the Villain is the Hero Stars ~

Ever wonder what happens to the villain of a story?? Do they ever get a HEA??

Well Royal Affair will answers those questions for you. I loved that this was a slightly different type story in that the Hero of the story was also the villain. Although I have to be honest...never thought of Brooks as the villain. I fell in love with him from the very beginning. I truly thou
Bette Hansen
Apr 08, 2017 Bette Hansen rated it really liked it
Wonderful story with great writing and interesting characters. These aren't your typical royal. They've been in exile for the last 12 years but since their whereabouts and family secrets have been outed to the world their lives have been turned upside down. Having an intense attraction to the man responsible for outing them probably isn't the wisest thing but Charlotte can't resist Brooke Walker. Being the spare sister gives her some freedoms her sister can't enjoy yet letting this fling out of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
New York Times Bestselling Author, Marquita Valentine, writes sexy heroes that make you swoon and sassy heroines that make you laugh. She's the author of the bestselling contemporary romance series, Holland Springs, and the new adult romance series, Boys of the South.

Marquita met her husband aka Hot Builder at Sonic when they were in high school. She suggests this location to all of her single fri
More about Marquita Valentine...

Royals in Exile (4 books)
  • Royal Scandal (Royals in Exile, #1)
  • Royal Chase (Royals in Exile, #3)
  • Royal Duty (Royals in Exile #4)