Start by marking “Paper Girls, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Paper Girls, Vol. 2

Paper Girls, Vol. 2

(Paper Girls #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  21,143 ratings  ·  2,194 reviews
Brian K. Vaughan, #1 New York Times bestselling writer of SAGA, and Cliff Chiang, legendary artist of WONDER WOMAN, return with acclaimed colorist Matt Wilson and innovative letterer JAred K. Fletcher for the second volume of PAPER GIRLS, as the hit series continues with a bold new direction.

After surviving the strangest night of their lives in the Cleveland suburb of Ston
Published November 30th 2016 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Paper Girls, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Girls, Vol. 2

·  21,143 ratings  ·  2,194 reviews

Start your review of Paper Girls, Vol. 2
karen
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
oooh, goodreads choice awards semifinalist for best graphic novel! what will happen?

photo IMG_0131_zps0mrojnbt.jpg

a review for erica, who neeeeeds it!

so, volume two of this series is even more convoluted and frantic than the first. but i'm more confident now that it knows where it’s going, and i just need to be patient and grab on and eventually it will take me where i want to go.

photo IMG_0153_zpsw4qwdtun.jpg

if you are the kind of person who prefers to go into a series completely blind, you might wanna go make a macrame owl or something instea
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I'm loving these books and girls!!!

Mel ❤️
Anne
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
So I mentioned in my review of the original Paper Girls that I had actually read this one first, which might explain why I enjoyed volume one so much, while a lot of my friends were so bewildered that they were on the fence about it. I also think it says something for this volume that I was able to read and enjoy it without being so confused that I couldn't understand it, and liking it so much that it probably made me more enthusiastic than I would have been about the first one.

So at the end of
Nat
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The second volume opens up with the girls finding themselves launched from 1988 to a distant and terrifying future: June, 2016.

description
However, they quickly notice that their friend KJ is missing and set out to find her with the help of future Erin Tieng.

description
Along the way they encounter some difficulties that make them question who they can trust in the present or future. Side note: the Paper Girls issues are almost impossible to put down. I kept thinking, “after this issue, I'm going to get up...no
Samantha
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 volumes in and they still haven't explained anything and just keep throwing weird things at us in the hopes we won't notice? I'm unimpressed.
Cristina Monica
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Much less confusing and much more entertaining than the first volume.

I’m happy I didn’t give up on this comic series after the first volume, which usually happens in my case, because there are so many comic series out there I can’t bring myself to read ones I have trouble following.

But I trusted that by the time this second volume was published the creators had the time to read the concerns of readers and make the storyline more comprehensible.

And they did, if that’s what happened. Well I stil
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, anxiety
1.) Paper Girls Volume 1 ★★★.5
2.) Paper Girls Volume 2 ★★★★
3.) Paper Girls Volume 3 ★★★★

--------------------------------------------------

i'm still EXTREMELY confused but i'm kind of loving this series???
Philip
4ish stars.

Three or four questions answered from volume 1, approximately eleventeen more added or left unanswered, give or take. But... I like it? Art good. Colors ooh pretty. Girls cool.

Posted in Mr. Philip's Library
Dennis
2020 re-read:

Ah, that was fun. Again. Just what I needed today.

********

2018 review:

After the entertaining but slightly confusing first volume Vaughan now shows that he actually knows what he’s doing. Things get a little clearer now and easier to follow. While at the same time it also gets a lot more complicated. Because, time travel, baby.

After the events of 1988 All Saints‘ the girls wind up in 2016.
description

And things get worse. Because KJ is missing. But they have a new crew member in Future (Present?
David Schaafsma
What is Past is Epilogue

"When are we?"

Well, I know even less what is going on than I did at the end of the first volume. But sometimes when you are on a rollercoaster going over the crest of that hill you just put your hands in the air and go with it. This is something like ET with badass girls and pterodactyls and iPhones and smart cars and esperanto. It began in 1988 in Cleveland with four "papergirls" (instead of paperboys!), but we are now in 2016. And in one thread, somewhere much farther i
Whitney Atkinson

This continues to be very strange but very enjoyable! I find that when I read time travel books I get reeeeally disoriented because I hate how many loopholes arise and all the scientific timey wimey stuff just loses me really fast, but this managed to keep my interest most of the time, and I understanded most of it!

The art continues to be wonderful and I love Erin as a main character. (She has anxiety!! Yes!!!!) There were still a lot of really cool references and I wanted to crey when
Calista
I'm still doing my best to keep up with what's going on with this story, but it's better than the last volume. They give a little information up. It's still a ton, I mean so much that we have no clue about what is happening.

It would see that time travel and cloning are part of the story. When one time jumps, it seems that any tiny bugs like lice or something grow huge and become like invading monsters. Erin meets her future self in this one and things get complicated.

I'm very engaged in the sto
Isabella
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
if u like stranger things you'll definitely enjoy this graphic novel~
Kai
Nov 04, 2016 rated it liked it
“The world is a terrifying place, more than I ever realized. But if I had my whole life to do over again, that's literally the only thing I'd change. I'd stop being so afraid of other people.”

Well...I'm still not super impressed. I think Paper Girls lacks in world-building and a clear plotline. It will probably all make sense at some point but for now, I'm neither convinced nor intrigued. In comparison to Saga, Vol. 1, another Vaughan creation, Paper Girls appears somewhat bland. I think the sto
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

It had been a little while since I read volume 1, but I was able to jump right into this volume no problem. The second I started reading, I was able to jump right back into the story. I loved the element of time travel in this volume. I know it was introduced in the first volume, but it really went all Back To The Future in this one. We saw multiple versions of one of the characters which was pretty awesome! I still have a few questions, especially about the extreme future timeline and what the
Donovan

PAPER GIRLS is still RADICAL, and yet more amusing and funny than Saga, in my humble opinion. And Saga is awesome. But later on it gets pretty serious and the fun and jokes are in short supply. It could be the spunky teenage girls schtick that helps. Don't care. Because it works.

So Volume 1 ended with the time traveling spaceship sending Mac and Tiff and Erin into the future and running into Future Erin. KJ is missing. And the "Old Timers" are in hot pursuit. Buckle up, cuz it's gonna get weird
Melki
"I'm here to escort you girls to the only place you'll be safe . . . about sixty-eight thousand years from now."

I'm just a simple gal, so this one pretty much had me at giant warring tardigrades.
Kevin Kelsey
Oct 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Still no idea wtf is going on, but it's kind of fun so whatever.
Erica ♋️✨
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this so much I love all the characters and the plot really picks up in this one and yes it's still weird and creepy but that's what makes it unique. Totally recommend
Afro Madonna
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay this was admittedly WAY BETTER than the first volume !!! Everything was a little bit more understandable . Although there are still some questions that need to be answered . I wish Tiff's future self had been shown though because I was curious about what happened to her future self as well . That Apple shade that was thrown at the end though . Tea anyone ?

Bradley
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story is moving super-fast. I love that about it. :) From doppelgangers to gigantic maggots, riding dragons, to portals through folded space, we're firmly in a very different SF than what I'm used to.

And I love it.

Case in point: Multiple worlds theory is crap. There's only one time, one world, but it can be rewritten. Repeatedly. Chaotically. Catastrophically.

And it's a war between the adults and the kids. Only, no one seems to have their s*** together and the battle is raging on for 63k ye
Schizanthus Nerd
A note about spoilers: I don’t know how to review this Volume without including them, especially since I’m using this review to remind myself of what I already know when I make it to Volume 3. I’ve hidden what I consider potentially significant spoilers but maybe proceed with caution if you haven’t already read this Volume.

Tiffany, Mac and Erin had a really weird All Saints morning in 1988 and now their friend KJ is missing. Or maybe they are because here they are, standing in front of Erin (sam
Timothy Urges
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent. Things are making a lot more sense now. I'm ready for the next edition.
Kate (GirlReading)
I'm absolutely loving this series. It's bizarre, all over the place, fast paced with constant twist and turns and a badass cast of characters. Plus the artwork and colours are gorgeous. I can't get enough of this strange story.
Auntie Terror
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
If you like Stranger Things, start reading this series. Now. [prtf]
K. Elizabeth
Really great follow up to Volume 1! Now I have to go back to the library and check out the rest of the volumes.
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
I managed to find the books at my university library, and that’s the only reason why I am continuing! It’s free!

In this we one got a few sprinkles of answers to all the confusing things that have been happening. There aren’t enough answers to satisfy me in the slightest. But it’s something… At the same time, nothing is really explained and I feel very confused.

The artwork is okay, and the colour palette is still absolutely gorgeous. Mac’s character and attitude has been growing on me, and I am s
Ashley Daviau
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first installment in this series but this one blew it out of the water by leaps and bounds! I really didn’t think it could get better but I was obviously proven wrong and I loved every second of it. This series gives me SUCH 80s/Stephen King/Stranger Things vibes and it is absolutely fabulous! I love that we get to see the characters develop a little and have new ones added in as well. And I really loved the twist it took, I really didn’t see that coming! And of course as with the fi ...more
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOW! I am so glad I gave this comic series one more chance to impress me because I loved this volume! It was SO much better than Volume 1 and now I'm really happy that I found another comic series that I really like!

I thought the first volume was really confusing and bland (I gave it 2 stars!) but this comic has stepped its game up! Volume 1 was all about setting the story up but in my opinion it didn't do a great job of reeling me in. Volume 2 completely reeled me in. It's exciting, mysterious
Lata
3.5 stars. This set of issues was much better than the first bunch! Things are still mysterious, and there's lots of action, the knights on pterosaurs are back with their bearded leader, and the girls are running around trying to figure out what the heck is going on with their town, while Erin Tieng and Erin Tieng are trying to deal with each other. And there are tardigrades.
I Read Comic Books: July 2019 BotM - Paper Girls Vol. 2 18 26 Aug 27, 2019 06:30AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #65 Paper Girls v2 by Brian K. Vaughan 1 1 Oct 29, 2017 07:17AM

• The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 3: Commercial Suicide (The Wicked + The Divine #3)
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 2: Fandemonium (The Wicked + The Divine #2)
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 4: Rising Action (The Wicked + The Divine #4)
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 5: Imperial Phase, Part I (The Wicked + The Divine #5)
  • Monstress, Vol. 2: The Blood
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 9: Okay (the wicked + the divine #9)
  • Monstress, Vol. 4: The Chosen
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Monstress, Vol. 3: Haven
  • Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening
  • Snotgirl, Vol. 1: Green Hair Don't Care
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 7: Mothering Invention (The Wicked + The Divine #7)
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 6: Imperial Phase, Part II (The Wicked + The Divine #6)
  • Blackbird, Vol. 1
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Snotgirl, Vol. 2: California Screaming
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 8: Old Is the New New (The Wicked + The Divine #8)
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act (The Wicked + The Divine, #1)
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Paper Girls (6 books)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 1 (Paper Girls, #1)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 3