Start by marking “I Hate Fairyland, Volume 2: Fluff My Life” as Want to Read:
I Hate Fairyland, Volume 2: Fluff My Life

I Hate Fairyland, Volume 2: Fluff My Life (I Hate Fairyland #2)

All hail Gertrude, the new Queen of Fairyland. After thirty years of wreaking havoc across this magical world to find her way back home, she must now overcome her biggest challenge yet... ruling the place she hates most. Join Gert as she continues her never-ending quest to get the FLUFF out of Fairyland. The hilariously brutal Fairytale adventure continues by superstar car ...more
Published December 13th 2016 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about I Hate Fairyland, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Hate Fairyland, Volume 2

Natalie
Dec 28, 2016 Natalie rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Gertrude's still stuck in Fairyland and trying to get the fluff back home, but her quest hits a bit of a roadblock when she winds up being crowned Queen! All hail Gertrude, the new Queen of Fairyland. Join Gert as she rules the world she hates, meets a new friend named Duncan Dragon, gets her face smashed in by a beautiful princess, and makes a choice that may very well lead to the last days of Fairyland.

I was really anticipating this volume because we were left on quite the cliffhanger in the l
Sam Quixote
Oct 21, 2016 Sam Quixote rated it liked it
There’s a minor spoiler early on in the review, if you care about that sort of thing. Non-spoiler review? It was a’ight.

Ok, onto the not very spoilery review!

What up, boppy-tops? Time to revisit Fairyland and see what Queen Gertie’s been up to since she took over! Nothing good is the long and short of it, but you probably guessed that already - Gertie’s a horrible queen and she’s turned Fairyland into a living hell!

And here’s the mild spoiler: Skottie Young wrote himself into a corner with th
Donovan

"SMOTHER FUDGER!"

Volume 2 has more ultra violence, dark comedy, drippy colors, and wacky fantasy world building. While it doesn't feel as revolutionary now that I'm acquainted, Fairyland it still a FLUFF of a fun read and spectacularly illustrated.

So Gertrude's queendom deflates rather quickly. I mean, damn. But fortunately the plot moves at a brisk pace and we're introduced to Duncan, a kid in a dragon costume who gets sucked into Fairyland. Then they both get sucked into a Street Fighter-styl
Lauren
Jan 17, 2017 Lauren rated it really liked it

Whilst this was an enjoyable read overall, it lacked the hilarity and puns of the first volume. This second volume was a lot more bloody and I think it was just for gore's sake.

I would say issues 6-8 were great fun, I loved the plot, the pace, the cool illustrations of them entering video game world, Duncan the Dragon (he was pretty cute), but the final two issues were...well really not that interesting or fun. The ending was pretty anticlimactic too and I feel this is going to be a se
Tilly
Jan 09, 2017 Tilly rated it it was ok
This one was by far not as crazy, colorful and exciting as the first volume in the series. I found most of the events actually rather boring. The art is good of course, there are still some beautifully illustrated pages in this graphic novel and I still like the whole landscape of Fairyland but overall there was not enough to keep me addicted, even Gertrudes character was not as entertaining to me as in the first volume. I think that "Madly Ever After" was a very enjoyable read and worked well a ...more
Cecilia
I still love the dark humor in this comic and how "fluffed" up everything is! Love it!
Trish
Dec 28, 2016 Trish rated it liked it
Well ... this was ... a let-down to be honest.
After loving volume one A LOT, what with all the clever puns and twists on the usual Fairyland stuff that turned everyting into a gory bloodbath, I had high hopes for this. Other than a few side-stabs at Game of Thrones however ("Winter is coming!"), this was nowhere near as funny as volume one.

As readers of the first volume know, Gertrude killed Cloudia and therefore is now

Well, actually she would like to be as pictured above but still looks like th
Nadine
Dec 22, 2016 Nadine rated it really liked it
I loved Volume 1 and started volume 2 with highest expectations, maybe that's why it felt a bit like it stayed below my hopes.
But there was still a lot of great stuff. I am tempted to mention a few bits but don't wanna spoil it for the others.
It is just an outstanding series and I can'twait for the third volume to come out.
Tera Baird
Dec 20, 2016 Tera Baird rated it it was amazing
Is there more? I need more
Marc
Dec 16, 2016 Marc rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
A quick nice read with a lower charm of the first volume.

Overall gave it a 3.75 out of 5 dragons!
Kurt Lorenz
Nov 13, 2016 Kurt Lorenz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Full-on mind-numbing entertainment that is impossible not to love.
Cristina
Jan 19, 2017 Cristina rated it really liked it
(com fotos em https://osrascunhos.com/2017/01/19/i-...)

Menos coeso que o primeiro volume, o segundo continua a cruzada de Gertrude no reino mágico encantado, mas agora como Rainha. Se ela pensava que este papel lhe poderia trazer algumas alegrias (sob a forma de chacinas, guerrilhas e outras coisas que tais) não contava que a nova posição fosse desempenhada a partir do trono real, a assinar papelada sem fim.

Depois de conseguir cortas todas as alianças milenares, iniciar mil e uma guerras, promov
Chris Lemmerman
Dec 13, 2016 Chris Lemmerman rated it really liked it
Echoing what all of the other reviews have said so far, the second volume of Skottie Young's acid-trip through fairy tales is great, but not as great as the first volume.

The status quo set up in the first volume's ending is quickly discarded (although I don't think there was much mileage to get from it in first place, to be fair), in favour of a more disjointed approach to things. Rather than one overarching plot, this one's more done-in-one stories as Gert tries to find new ways of getting home
David Edmonds

Picking up directly where the first volume leaves off, this volume of I Hate Fairyland, with Gert now Queen of Fairyland, and that goes about as well as you'd expect. She is eventually ousted from the throne and continues her search for a way home, dragging the unfortunate Larry along the way.

While Scottie Young's writing is still funny and his art is as madcap as ever (and Jean-Francois Beaulieu's eye-popping colors are eye-popping!), this volume was far more episodic than the previous story ar
Christoph
Dec 25, 2016 Christoph rated it really liked it
Skottie Young zeigt, dass er all die süßen Elemente der Portal-Fantasy der letzten Jahrzehnte (wenn nicht gar mehr) nehmen kann und völlig neu interpretieren kann. Wie in Band 1 prallen hier Cute & Terror zusammen, perfekt und prickelnd erzählt.

Im Gegensatz zu Band 1 ist hier nur kein durchgehender roter Faden erkennbar, also keine Rahmenhandlung welches diese Ausgaben zusammenhält. Irgendwie schade, denn mit der Situation, dass Gertie die Königin wird hätte man vielleicht mehr als ein paar
Dan
Dec 20, 2016 Dan rated it really liked it
I really like that this volume throws the brakes on any kind of story development at all, completely rolls back the new status quo established in the first volume, and is then just a bunch of jokes about pee and an endless string of muffin fluffing Fairyland cuss words. This book is all manic fun, and while it'll be good to get some more character beats and story later on, it's just a lot of fun traveling with Gert as she continues to be a terrible person in what should be a magical place. Great ...more
Al Tarancón
Dec 29, 2016 Al Tarancón rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasia, humor, comic
Genial la continuación de este estupendo tebeo. Me decepciono un poco que finalmente Gert no durara mucho como Reina de Fairyland, pero la verdad es que ver como la lía en cada numero bien merece la pena. Si que tengo la sensación de que el ritmo de sus aventuras ha disminuido y están pasando menos cosas que en los primeros números, pero la manera en que Young desmonta y juega con los tópicos de las historias de fantasía es estupendo. Que siga, que siga...
J'aime
Jan 01, 2017 J'aime rated it really liked it
Gertrude is Queen! Who is going crazy with boredom since Queens don't do any of their own dirty work. So when she gets fired, her violent and bloody quest to return home can go on. Volume 2 continues directly on from Volume 1. I enjoyed it just as much, but feel that the concept only has so much runway left before it becomes stale. I hope Young closes it out with a bang, rather than letting it linger. Recommended to fans of the first book.
Ivan
Oct 26, 2016 Ivan rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Sometimes I hate to be right. I said that rest of the series is unlikely to be as good as volume 1 and sadly it turned out to be true.

Volume 2 is in no way bad, I still had laughs and giggles reading it but it's nowhere near hilarious as volume 1 which remains one of my favorite comics.
Ron
Jan 04, 2017 Ron rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, fairy-tales
Gert and Larry are still stuck in Fairyland since Gert became Queen Gertrude. She lost that job after a year due to incompetence. Now Gert and Larry are hunting for a way out. On the way they met Duncan the Dragon and then lost him in a card game. That and other issues such as choosing the wrong way in the maze will end Fairyland forever! Or will it? Stay tuned for the next volume!
Maggie Gordon
Dec 09, 2016 Maggie Gordon rated it really liked it
I Hate Fairyland Volume 2 isn't quite as good as the first volume, but it's hard to beat perfection so I forgive it. The story is choppier, but there are still delightful puns, technocolour violence, and dark humour abound. I Hate Fairyland is an indulgence with fantastic art and a completely obnoxious, but delightful story line.
Stef White
Jan 12, 2017 Stef White rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my fluffin god! This was amazing, not as good as the first one but only by a smidgen. It was still one of the best things I have ever read. I just love Gert sooo much and how ridiculously stupid she is but she's so kickass you just have to forgive her for it.
I never want this story to end, I can't wait for the next one.
Bookstorequeer
As ever, a bloody, entertaining adventure. There was one page transition (while in the hat) that had me wondering if I'd stuck two pages together but otherwise, enjoyable. I'm not sure where this series is going but I'll probably be sticking around. I might just do a re-read before going forward with the next volume.
Ginger *Protégée extraordinaire and Kool-Aid mixer*
Still quirky and fun.
The story has gotten choppy and disconnected, I don't feel very driven to continue with the next volume. It is unlike anything I have ever read ....
Mandy Magill
Jan 01, 2017 Mandy Magill rated it really liked it
Recommended to Mandy by: John Magill
Shelves: 3-borrowed
My brother suggested this series to me and I love it!

The graphic detail is great and the story is absolutely hilarious!

This story continues with Gertrude as the Queen of Fairyland and how much she hates it there and all she wants is to find another way home!
Shadowdenizen
Dec 11, 2016 Shadowdenizen rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-other
Whil still entertaining and enjoyable, this volume didn't quite live up to the first volume. This was more of a course-correction arc, though I confess I love the introduction of Duncan the Dragon-boy.

I'm sticking with this series for the forseeable future, warts and all.
Jenny
Dec 31, 2016 Jenny rated it it was amazing
I adore this graphic novel. Gertrude is a girl after my own heart with her potty-mouth and big schemes that never pan out correctly.
Teresa
Dec 14, 2016 Teresa rated it really liked it
Gert is fricking hilarious, still but I couldn't get over the addition of Duncan. When Gert and him meet....I was laughing so hard I was crying!
Dilva
Dec 31, 2016 Dilva rated it it was amazing
Just as hilarious as Volume 1
Elin
Dec 26, 2016 Elin rated it really liked it
"Fluff My Life" 1 3 Aug 16, 2016 06:01PM
Skottie Young has been an illustrator and cartoonist for over ten years working for entertainment and publishing companies such Marvel, Warner Bros., Image, Upper Deck, Mattel, and many more.

He is currently illustrating the New York Times Best Selling and Eisner Award Nominated adaptions of L. Frank Baum's OZ novels with writer Eric Shanower. The series has gained acclaim from both fans and criti
More about Skottie Young...

I Hate Fairyland (2 books)
  • I Hate Fairyland Volume 1: Madly Ever After