Start by marking “I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2: Fluff My Life” as Want to Read:
I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2: Fluff My Life

I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2: Fluff My Life

(I Hate Fairyland #2)

All hail Gertrude, the new Queen of Fairyland. After thirty years of wreaking havoc across this magical world to find her way back home, she must now overcome her biggest challenge yet... ruling the place she hates most. Join Gert as she continues her never-ending quest to get the FLUFF out of Fairyland. The hilariously brutal Fairytale adventure continues by superstar car ...more
Published December 13th 2016 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2

Start your review of I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2: Fluff My Life
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Pre-review rating: 3.38568 stars. And a quarter of a half.
Post-review rating: 3.5 stars. Because reading crap slightly disappointing books always makes me feel most indulgent towards other, um, slightly disappointing books. Also, I'm high on most excellently excellent drugs and stuff.

Sooooo, this volume is not as gloriously glorious as the first one. Dear Little Cordial Gertrude (DLCG™) is still the bloodthirsty, deranged, vindictive, mentally disturbed, homicidal, offensive, maniacal, disrespec
Nat
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Gertrude's still stuck in Fairyland and trying to get the fluff back home, but her quest hits a bit of a roadblock when she winds up being crowned Queen! All hail Gertrude, the new Queen of Fairyland. Join Gert as she rules the world she hates, meets a new friend named Duncan Dragon, gets her face smashed in by a beautiful princess, and makes a choice that may very well lead to the last days of Fairyland.

I was really anticipating this volume because we were left on quite the cliffhanger in the l
Ivan
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Sometimes I hate to be right. I said that rest of the series is unlikely to be as good as volume 1 and sadly it turned out to be true.

Volume 2 is in no way bad, I still had laughs and giggles reading it but it's nowhere near hilarious as volume 1 which remains one of my favorite comics.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
I haven’t loved a graphic novel series this much since the first time I read Saga. I’m OBSESSED.
Julie Zantopoulos
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I swear, this girl is terrifying but also just so amazing. I cannot wait to see what comes next for her. This series is bloody and badass but the artwork is so colorful and cute (yet brutal) and I love it.
Sam Quixote
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
There’s a minor spoiler early on in the review, if you care about that sort of thing. Non-spoiler review? It was a’ight.

Ok, onto the not very spoilery review!

What up, boppy-tops? Time to revisit Fairyland and see what Queen Gertie’s been up to since she took over! Nothing good is the long and short of it, but you probably guessed that already - Gertie’s a horrible queen and she’s turned Fairyland into a living hell!

And here’s the mild spoiler: Skottie Young wrote himself into a corner with th
Trish
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Well ... this was ... a let-down to be honest.
After loving volume one A LOT, what with all the clever puns and twists on the usual Fairyland stuff that turned everyting into a gory bloodbath, I had high hopes for this. Other than a few side-stabs at Game of Thrones however ("Winter is coming!"), this was nowhere near as funny as volume one.

As readers of the first volume know, Gertrude killed Cloudia and therefore is now

Well, actually she would like to be as pictured above but still looks like th
Hannah
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I am currently trying to clear the unread Graphic Novels of my shelves because they are so quickly read that there is no reason they should be staring accusingly at me from my TBR shelves anymore. I enjoyed the first one in the series so much that I actually pre-ordered this – and then did not get to it until nearly two years later which is just irresponsible.

After the events of the first volume, Gertrude (still in a child’s body, still a psychopath) is a reluctant queen… And this is pretty much
Connor
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I love how light-hearted this series is even though someone dies practically on every page. I think more happened in the first volume, but this one was just as entertaining. I'm a big fan.
Richard
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yes, dammit. We're still stuck in Fairyland with Gertrude. But now she's in an interesting position after taking Cloudia's place as the queen of Fairyland and all the juicy authority that comes with it. But who would have guessed that being queen would be so boring and tiring? And Gertrude's maniacal search is still on to find secret ways of finally escaping Fairyland.

I enjoyed getting deeper into the world-building of Fairyland this go-round as Gertrude roams the land looking for a way out, and
Alejandro
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's bad to be queen!

Gertrude thought that she was coming back to her reality but...

...she has to do one more thing before leaving Fairyland...

...and that thing has terrible consequences, well, terrible for Gertrude since now she is queen, but far from being a good thing, she is overwhelmed with duties that she never wanted and worst of all (worst for the people in Fairyland), it seems that she can't attend an official presentation to any event without...

...causing an explosion...

...really!

Chad
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
The stories get a bit repetitive as they follow the same basic formula. The art and coloring are what make this book go. Tiny Tunes zaniness combined with syrupy sweet colors and the sheer amount of mayhem in each issue make the book a delight.

P.S. I want more Duncan Dragon!
Calista
I love a good pun. There are some good puns in this book. I find this book to be joyless. This isn't really my cup of tea and yet there is something that pulls me to read one more and see what's going to happen. I feel like it's hyper-violence for the sake of hyper-violence.

The art is very colorful and I enjoy that. It is like cotton candy, all sugar and no substance.

Well, for whatever reason, I will probably read the next one. I know people enjoy these and they aren't my thing.
Ronyell
Fairyland

Introduction:

So, years ago, I had read the first volume of “I Hate Fairyland” on Netgalley and I loved the graphic novel so much that I just had to pick up the rest of this series and put it in my ever-growing bookshelf! So, I finally got around to reading the second volume of the series called “I Hate Fairyland: Fluff My Life Volume Two” and it was just as entertaining as the first volume!

What is this story about?

After Gertrude kills Queen Cloudia in the last volume, she is then forced
Donovan

"SMOTHER FUDGER!"

Volume 2 has more ultra violence, dark comedy, drippy colors, and wacky fantasy world building. While it doesn't feel as revolutionary now that I'm acquainted, Fairyland it still a FLUFF of a fun read and spectacularly illustrated.

So Gertrude's queendom deflates rather quickly. I mean, damn. But fortunately the plot moves at a brisk pace and we're introduced to Duncan, a kid in a dragon costume who gets sucked into Fairyland. Then they both get sucked into a Street Fighter-styl
Lauren
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels

Whilst this was an enjoyable read overall, it lacked the hilarity and puns of the first volume. This second volume was a lot more bloody and I think it was just for gore's sake.

I would say issues 6-8 were great fun, I loved the plot, the pace, the cool illustrations of them entering video game world, Duncan the Dragon (he was pretty cute), but the final two issues were...well really not that interesting or fun. The ending was pretty anticlimactic too and I feel this is going to be a se
Logan
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Their are two separate editions of this on GR for some reason... Here's my review I wrote for the other edition:

Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
Skottie did it again with his second volume of this hilarious graphic novel series! Gert is still on her epic quest looking for that damn key, so she can go home and be with her parents. Every now and then Gert makes a reference to just wanting to go home and it's a great reminder of why this poor girl went completely homicidal. I'd kill some bitches too if they took me away from my family! This volume changes things up by bringing in some competition for Gert with a pint sized, adorable young g ...more
Daniel
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Ok, this was disappointing. The art was great, but the story was dull. It looks like he run out of ideas but decided to continue since it was successful. Or something.

Don't get me wrong there were couple nice things and the flow is fast but still a lot weaker then excepted.

Just make sure to go in with lower expectations and you'll be fine.
Shadowdenizen
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-other
Whil still entertaining and enjoyable, this volume didn't quite live up to the first volume. This was more of a course-correction arc, though I confess I love the introduction of Duncan the Dragon-boy.

I'm sticking with this series for the forseeable future, warts and all.
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
First read of #GetGraphic! It did NOT disappoint, this series is hilarious, it's bizarre in the best way possible, and I can't wait to read the next volume.
Alison
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this even more than the first somehow! I loved all the pop culture references too, it was dying laughing while I was reading this. Can't wait for the next volume!
Alja (alyaofwinterfell)
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews, comics

Much like the first volume, I Hate Fairyland: Fluff My Life is just as crazy, colorful and utterly gory.

Gertrude now has to face with a position that she never wanted and that keeps her even further away from her escape from Fairyland. Is she finally going to escape that muffin fluffin' world that she hates so much, or will she perish and take the whole Fairyland down with her?

description

Overall I truly enjoyed reading it. It was fun, fast paced and extremely bloody romp with an even bigger casual
Logan
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good! So I finally got my hands on Vol 2 of this series, and its lives up to the wait for the most part! So the story has Gertrude continuing her quest to try and get back home to the world of humans, and obviously lots of shenanigans happen! First off the artwork is very good, it has that signature Skottie Young cartoony look, and while it has the colourful Saturday morning cartoon look, its definitely not for kids, as it gets very violent and gory in some scenes! As far as the story goes, ...more
Jamie
Entertaining, but not quite as good as the first volume. At first it drew me in in a sick , comedic way (seriously-signing your husbands skull?!) More twisted violence but Gertrude actually seems a little toned down. More selfish in a way but less evil. This surprised me. DId her character finally mature?! She is still determined to get home and has spent her time as queen to have research conducted. Now it is time to act. I felt there was a better variety of fellow characters. However, nothing ...more
Melissa Chung
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really like this series. I love the super colorful and highly saturated illustrations. I love the our main characters attitude and consistent desperation to get out of fairyland and return to the real world. I love that she can't swear in fairyland and all her cuss words are cutesy...like "FLUFF IT!" I love her little sidekick who despises her and really wishes he could be anywhere else.

This graphic novel is definitely worth the read if you like fairy-tale stories or fairy-tale creatures. If
L. McCoy
SUPER FAST REVIEW:
Not as good as the first volume but fun. Young’s art is great as always, the story is pretty interesting and there’s some good, gory action. The humor is a bit hit or miss which is something I hate saying about comedy books, especially since volume 1 has such fantastic humor. I don’t like that there’s such a weird amount of focus on bodily fluids (especially piss and vomit).
Yeah, still a pretty good book but weaker than volume one. Then again I fluffing love the first volume of
Marnie  (Enchanted Bibliophile)
ONCE UPON A LAST ISSUE...

Queen G

This was not what I expected when I finished the first volume.
But this is what I got… A whole lot of exactly what happened in the previous volume.
Gert’s still the manic she was, she’s still trying to go home and she is still failing.
Not sure if I want to continue with the rest.

QG

fight

plan

end
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 Vol. 1: Madly Ever After ★★★★★
#2 Vol. 2: Fluff My Life ★★★★☆

While I didn't love this volume quite as much as the first, it was still such a fun read that I couldn't put down and I'm excited to continue the series! This volume didn't have as much humor or wild antics (aside from the first few pages), but it traded off with some really fascinating world-building as it gave us a glimpse of so many different parts of Fairyland. It feels like Skottie Young's imagination must be a ridiculously larg
"Fluff My Life" 1 10 Aug 16, 2016 06:01PM

• Chew, Vol. 6: Space Cakes
  • Chew, Vol. 4: Flambé
  • Ice Cream Man, Vol. 3: Hopscotch Melange
  • Demons (Rat Queens, #3)
  • Chew, Vol. 9: Chicken Tenders
  • Chew, Vol. 8: Family Recipes
  • Chew, Vol. 5: Major League
  • Chew, Vol. 7: Bad Apples
  • Chew, Vol. 10: Blood Puddin'
  • Farmhand, Vol. 2: Thorne in the Flesh
  • Chew, Vol. 3: Just Desserts
  • Chew, Vol. 2: International Flavor
  • High Fantasies (Rat Queens, #4)
  • Chew, Vol. 12: Sour Grapes
  • Birthright, Vol. 5: Belly of the Beast
  • Le Chat du Rabbin (Intégrale des tomes 1 à 5)
  • Sea of Stars, Vol. 1: Lost in the Wild Heavens (Sea of Stars, #1)
  • Birthright, Vol. 4: Family History
Skottie Young has been an illustrator and cartoonist for over ten years working for entertainment and publishing companies such Marvel, Warner Bros., Image, Upper Deck, Mattel, and many more.

He is currently illustrating the New York Times Best Selling and Eisner Award Nominated adaptions of L. Frank Baum's OZ novels with writer Eric Shanower. The series has gained acclaim from both fans and criti

I Hate Fairyland (5 books)
  • I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 1: Madly Ever After