Start by marking “I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2: Fluff My Life” as Want to Read:
I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2: Fluff My Life

I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2: Fluff My Life

(I Hate Fairyland #2)

All hail Gertrude, the new Queen of Fairyland. After thirty years of wreaking havoc across this magical world to find her way back home, she must now overcome her biggest challenge yet... ruling the place she hates most. Join Gert as she continues her never-ending quest to get the FLUFF out of Fairyland. The hilariously brutal Fairytale adventure continues by superstar car ...more
Published December 13th 2016 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2

Start your review of I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2: Fluff My Life
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Pre-review rating: 3.38568 stars. And a quarter of a half.
Post-review rating: 3.5 stars. Because reading crap slightly disappointing books always makes me feel most indulgent towards other, um, slightly disappointing books. Also, I'm high on most excellently excellent drugs and stuff.

Sooooo, this volume is not as gloriously glorious as the first one. Dear Little Cordial Gertrude (DLCG™) is still the bloodthirsty, deranged, vindictive, mentally disturbed, homicidal, offensive, maniacal, disrespectful loving, sweet, endearing, affectionate, charming, calm, controlled, pleasant, restuff.
,half.
Post-review
Nat
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Gertrude's still stuck in Fairyland and trying to get the fluff back home, but her quest hits a bit of a roadblock when she winds up being crowned Queen! All hail Gertrude, the new Queen of Fairyland. Join Gert as she rules the world she hates, meets a new friend named Duncan Dragon, gets her face smashed in by a beautiful princess, and makes a choice that may very well lead to the last days of Fairyland.

I was really anticipating this volume because we were left on quite the cliffhanger in the last one. But in
Ivan
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Sometimes I hate to be right. I said that rest of the series is unlikely to be as good as volume 1 and sadly it turned out to be true.

Volume 2 is in no way bad, I still had laughs and giggles reading it but it's nowhere near hilarious as volume 1 which remains one of my favorite comics.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
I haven’t loved a graphic novel series this much since the first time I read Saga. I’m OBSESSED.
Julie Zantopoulos
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I swear, this girl is terrifying but also just so amazing. I cannot wait to see what comes next for her. This series is bloody and badass but the artwork is so colorful and cute (yet brutal) and I love it.
Sam Quixote
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
There’s a minor spoiler early on in the review, if you care about that sort of thing. Non-spoiler review? It was a’ight.

Ok, onto the not very spoilery review!

What up, boppy-tops? Time to revisit Fairyland and see what Queen Gertie’s been up to since she took over! Nothing good is the long and short of it, but you probably guessed that already - Gertie’s a horrible queen and she’s turned Fairyland into a living hell!

And here’s the mild spoiler: Skottie Young wrote himself into a corner with th
Trish
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Well ... this was ... a let-down to be honest.
After loving volume one A LOT, what with all the clever puns and twists on the usual Fairyland stuff that turned everyting into a gory bloodbath, I had high hopes for this. Other than a few side-stabs at Game of Thrones however ("Winter is coming!"), this was nowhere near as funny as volume one.

As readers of the first volume know, Gertrude killed Cloudia and therefore is now
Well ... this was ... a let-down to be honest.

Well, actually she would like to be as pictured above but still looks like this

Being queen unfortunately is no fun so Gertrude is still looking for a way home. Basically, these issues are a string of further quests. Sadly, not one of the quests was very original, I really missed the wit too, and the introduction of another kid from our world and TIME-TRAVEL of all things ruined it for me. Maybe Skottie Young and the others tried making fun of all the wizarding and time-travel stuff in other comics, but the way they did it just didn't make me laugh! :(

The art is as crazy as hoped and has equal amounts of fluff and gore just like in the previous volume but even the panels lacked the detailed fun. *sighs*
Hannah
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I am currently trying to clear the unread Graphic Novels of my shelves because they are so quickly read that there is no reason they should be staring accusingly at me from my TBR shelves anymore. I enjoyed the first one in the series so much that I actually pre-ordered this – and then did not get to it until nearly two years later which is just irresponsible.

After the events of the first volume, Gertrude (still in a child’s body, still a psychopath) is a reluctant queen… And this is
Connor
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
I love how light-hearted this series is even though someone dies practically on every page. I think more happened in the first volume, but this one was just as entertaining. I'm a big fan.
Richard
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yes, dammit. We're still stuck in Fairyland with Gertrude. But now she's in an interesting position after taking Cloudia's place as the queen of Fairyland and all the juicy authority that comes with it. But who would have guessed that being queen would be so boring and tiring? And Gertrude's maniacal search is still on to find secret ways of finally escaping Fairyland.

I enjoyed getting deepe
Calista
I love a good pun. There are some good puns in this book. I find this book to be joyless. This isn't really my cup of tea and yet there is something that pulls me to read one more and see what's going to happen. I feel like it's hyper-violence for the sake of hyper-violence.

The art is very colorful and I enjoy that. It is like cotton candy, all sugar and no substance.

Well, for whatever reason, I will probably read the next one. I know people enjoy these and they aren't my thing.
Chad
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
The stories get a bit repetitive as they follow the same basic formula. The art and coloring are what make this book go. Tiny Tunes zaniness combined with syrupy sweet colors and the sheer amount of mayhem in each issue make the book a delight.

P.S. I want more Duncan Dragon!
Ronyell
Fairyland

Introduction:

So, years ago, I had read the first volume of “I Hate Fairyland” on Netgalley and I loved the graphic novel so much that I just had to pick up the rest of this series and put it in my ever-growing bookshelf! So, I finally got around to reading the second volume of the series called “I Hate Fairyland: Fluff My Life Volume Two” and it was just as entertaining as the first volume!

What is this story about?

After Gertrude kills Queen Cloudia in the last volume, she is then forced to become Fairylvolume!
Donovan

"SMOTHER FUDGER!"

Volume 2 has more ultra violence, dark comedy, drippy colors, and wacky fantasy world building. While it doesn't feel as revolutionary now that I'm acquainted, Fairyland it still a FLUFF of a fun read and spectacularly illustrated.

So Gertrude's queendom deflates rather quickly. I mean, damn. But fortunately the plot moves at a brisk pace and we're introduced to Duncan, a kid in a dragon costume who gets sucked into Fairyland. Then they both get sucked into a Street Fighter-style coin-op arca
Lauren
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

Whilst this was an enjoyable read overall, it lacked the hilarity and puns of the first volume. This second volume was a lot more bloody and I think it was just for gore's sake.

I would say issues 6-8 were great fun, I loved the plot, the pace, the cool illustrations of them entering video game world, Duncan the Dragon (he was pretty cute), but the final two issues were...well really not that interesting or fun. The ending was pretty anticlimactic too and I feel this is goin
Logan
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Their are two separate editions of this on GR for some reason... Here's my review I wrote for the other edition:

Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
Skottie did it again with his second volume of this hilarious graphic novel series! Gert is still on her epic quest looking for that damn key, so she can go home and be with her parents. Every now and then Gert makes a reference to just wanting to go home and it's a great reminder of why this poor girl went completely homicidal. I'd kill some bitches too if they took me away from my family! This volume changes things up by bringing in some competition for Gert with a pint sized, adorable young g ...more
Daniel
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Ok, this was disappointing. The art was great, but the story was dull. It looks like he run out of ideas but decided to continue since it was successful. Or something.

Don't get me wrong there were couple nice things and the flow is fast but still a lot weaker then excepted.

Just make sure to go in with lower expectations and you'll be fine.
Shadowdenizen
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-other
Whil still entertaining and enjoyable, this volume didn't quite live up to the first volume. This was more of a course-correction arc, though I confess I love the introduction of Duncan the Dragon-boy.

I'm sticking with this series for the forseeable future, warts and all.
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
First read of #GetGraphic! It did NOT disappoint, this series is hilarious, it's bizarre in the best way possible, and I can't wait to read the next volume.
Alison
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this even more than the first somehow! I loved all the pop culture references too, it was dying laughing while I was reading this. Can't wait for the next volume!
Alja (alyaofwinterfell)

Much like the first volume, I Hate Fairyland: Fluff My Life is just as crazy, colorful and utterly gory.

Gertrude now has to face with a position that she never wanted and that keeps her even further away from her escape from Fairyland. Is she finally going to escape that muffin fluffin' world that she hates so much, or will she perish and take the whole Fairyland down with her?

description

Overall I truly enjoyed reading it. It was fun, fast paced and extremely bloody romp with an even bigger casualty list than the first volume. Gertrude is as crazy as ever and I especially enjoyed her exchanges with her long-suffering companion Frank. Also, let's talk about all those Game of Thrones references!

This volume introduces some fun new characters like Duncan Dragon, and I loved the video game sequence that was in a different, but just as awesome drawing style.
I also absolutely love the art in this series and how the colorful cartoonish style juxtaposes with all the violence in these comics.

Sadly there were some things that I didn't enjoy as much. The narration feels disjointed, as if it was a collection of short stories and adventures rather than a complete story arc. That made the whole story feel slightly repetitive and I'm not sure if the series will be able to keep the quality and originality of the first volume.
Towards the end there was a promising twist, but it was ultimately a bit of a let down.

Nevertheless this was an extremely fun read and I'll be looking forward to vol.3!

Also... guys, let's just agree that Hup of the Buffle Truffs is the cutest little monster, ok?

description
Logan
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good! So I finally got my hands on Vol 2 of this series, and its lives up to the wait for the most part! So the story has Gertrude continuing her quest to try and get back home to the world of humans, and obviously lots of shenanigans happen! First off the artwork is very good, it has that signature Skottie Young cartoony look, and while it has the colourful Saturday morning cartoon look, its definitely not for kids, as it gets very violent and gory in some scenes! As far as the story goes, ...more
Jamie
Entertaining, but not quite as good as the first volume. At first it drew me in in a sick , comedic way (seriously-signing your husbands skull?!) More twisted violence but Gertrude actually seems a little toned down. More selfish in a way but less evil. This surprised me. DId her character finally mature?! She is still determined to get home and has spent her time as queen to have research conducted. Now it is time to act. I felt there was a better variety of fellow characters. However, nothing ...more
L. McCoy
SUPER FAST REVIEW:
Not as good as the first volume but fun. Young’s art is great as always, the story is pretty interesting and there’s some good, gory action. The humor is a bit hit or miss which is something I hate saying about comedy books, especially since volume 1 has such fantastic humor. I don’t like that there’s such a weird amount of focus on bodily fluids (especially piss and vomit).
Yeah, still a pretty good book but weaker than volume one. Then again I fluffing love the fir
Marnie  Krüger
ONCE UPON A LAST ISSUE...

Queen G

This was not what I expected when I finished the first volume.
But this is what I got… A whole lot of exactly what happened in the previous volume.
Gert’s still the manic she was, she’s still trying to go home and she is still failing.
Not sure if I want to continue with the rest.

ONCE UPON A LAST ISSUE...

Queen G

This was not what I expected when I finished the first volume.
Not sure if I want to continue with the rest.

QG

fight

plan

end
Tyler J [They/He] (Wickedjr Reads)
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Read this full review and more on my blog!

It's difficult to review a comic, especially as this is not the first in the series. That said I very much enjoyed this second installment of I Hate Fairyland! Gertrude is still trying to escape fairyland to get back home. There is still plenty of deaths, blood and humor. I know how it sounds but thi
Tilly
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
This one was by far not as crazy, colorful and exciting as the first volume in the series. I found most of the events actually rather boring. The art is good of course, there are still some beautifully illustrated pages in this graphic novel and I still like the whole landscape of Fairyland but overall there was not enough to keep me addicted, even Gertrudes character was not as entertaining to me as in the first volume. I think that "Madly Ever After" was a very enjoyable read and worked well a ...more
Devann
This whole series is just a lot of fun, very tongue-in-cheek with some fun spins on a lot of over-used tropes. It has an over-arching plot but nothing that feels too serious or make you get bogged down in all the little details and it's easy to just take it an issue at a time. Also, who do I have to kill to get a Deadpool crossover ;)
"Fluff My Life" 1 8 Aug 16, 2016 06:01PM

• Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 2
  • Groot
  • Manifest Destiny, Vol. 1: Flora & Fauna
  • Looking For Group, Volume 1
  • On a Roll (Lumberjanes, Vol. 9)
Skottie Young has been an illustrator and cartoonist for over ten years working for entertainment and publishing companies such Marvel, Warner Bros., Image, Upper Deck, Mattel, and many more.

He is currently illustrating the New York Times Best Selling and Eisner Award Nominated adaptions of L. Frank Baum's OZ novels with writer Eric Shanower. The series has gained acclaim from both fans and criti

I Hate Fairyland (4 books)
  • I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 1: Madly Ever After