Start by marking “Twice Upon A Time (Unfinished Fairy Tales, #2)” as Want to Read:
Twice Upon A Time (Unfinished Fairy Tales, #2)

Twice Upon A Time

(Unfinished Fairy Tales #2)

Seven years have passed since Kat left Athelia. Through the intervention of the goblin king’s baby daughter, the book is re-opened and Kat is transported back to Story World. Upon learning she is given a second chance, Edward is determined not to let her go this time. His chance of succeeding, however, seems like nil. Kat doesn’t remember anything of their past, she loathe ...more
Published December 2016

Start your review of Twice Upon A Time (Unfinished Fairy Tales, #2)
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
DID I JUST READ THE SAME BOOK TWICE?

The title of the book might be 'Twice Upon A Time', but I didn't expect that it would mean that the story had to basically repeat itself...

It has been 7 years since Kat and Edward broke the curse and Kat returned to the real world. She has no memory of what happened, but others have not forgotten their love story. The goblin princess, Pippi, is so in live with their romance, that she orchestrates for Kat to return to Athelia. However, her return is not the hap
Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Doctor: How can I help you???
Me: *opens book*
Me: *cries*
Me: *points*
Me: yo fix this ending because no
Dee (PlainlyReads)
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it
After much consideration. 3 stars.

I wish the story started out a little differently. It feels like I'm reading the Ugly Stepsister once again, owing to the fact that Kat lost her memory and being transferred back to Athelia. Hence everything in Athelia is somewhat new to her, when it is not so much to the readers. The first half of the book is all about Kat trying to re-adjust with the rules of the court. Which is a waste of time. We've been through this in the first book! I ended up skipping a
Fifi
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairytales, reviewed
Thanks again to Aya for letting me beta read the first draft of Twice Upon a Time!

Twice Upon a Time takes place 7 years from where we left off, with Kat back in the real world and no memories of the events of the first book. She is now a 24 year old college graduate who is blissfully unaware of her time with Edward in Athelia. That all changes when a Pippi, a young goblin, decides to interfere by making a deal with her uncle.

"Repeat after me: I, Princess Pippi, daughter of King Barthelius, wil
Eileen
Oct 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
I. NEED. THIS.
Gina
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I might need to rant a little bit...

Twice Upon a Time did not quite charm me as the first book of the series. There's probably a number of reasons for that.

For one, I walked into this story for the second time prepared to criticize it. Don't take me wrong, it's not because I disliked the first book or because I expected this one to disappoint me. It was more like the first book's setting and world-building was not constructed thoroughly. And, so, I plunged into this story with my weapons drawn,
Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~
My full review goes live on my blog June 11th, 2017 HERE: https://escapingrealitybookreviews.wo...

This book is absolutely gorgeous. More self published authors need to follow Aya’s example, because this cover is positively breathtakingly perfect. This is the kind of book that I want to have on my shelf not only because it’s amazing, but also because the cover is just so pretty.

My Review: So I was actually lucky enough to be able to beta read this book in exchange for honest feedback. Honestly, I
♛ Garima ♛
Apr 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle-unlimited

I really like #1, so pretty excited for this one!

M.L.
Feb 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
What is this? Really? It feels like I’m reading book one all over again, except Kat is way worst. She’s a feminist to the 3rd power. It feels like the story does not progress since Kat has to be reminded about her feeling for the price, constantly.
Kat was annoying in book one, but being a time travel fairytale fan, I kept at it. Now it seems as if Kat has moved past being annoying and straight into unlikeable.
I couldn’t finish. Oh god! I would have never suspected this book would be added to my
Claire Knight
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book when I read it. I liked the character progression and the fact that it wasn't a cut and dry happy ending style book. I felt the author's writing had improved from the first novel and I liked the added twists that came to Kats relationship.
Erin Weaver
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Dream Come True

This book brings everything to the table. It gives a very modern twist to a classic tale. It's AWESOME! I was constantly rooting for the characters, and could hardly put it down!
Sharon  (enjoythefandomlife)
Mitsubachi
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
As with the first book, the end is infuriating and the only thing keeping me from rating it lower is that there is this great hope of returning to the world with book 3. If I had to wait until the third book comes out, I would probably go and burn the book, because I simply cannot wait!

Just like before, Kat and Edward are great, I like that she had to fall in love again and he tried hard. The plot twist at the end was something I didn't see coming and I wasn't too happy about it, but it does mak
Andrea Valle
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars okay?
What can I say, Edward and Kat are just too cute, they gave me the feels. Here's the problem: I had a hard time with the constant grammatical errors and inconsistencies, like...Athenians? you mean AtheLians? (although probably it may have been my copy, who knows). Trains? Cameras? Did you read your first book before writing this one? Good thing it was clarified that they were in the industrialization era but like...the first book said something else. Also, the beginning read like
Shaila
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though I haven't read the first book yet, the very first chapter got me hooked... I just loved the little spoiled princess demanding a happy lasting ending and fell in love with the story it self.
Angi Naerebout
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty crazy. Kat irritated me so much through out the first half of the book. She didn’t read like someone who was 24. She seemed whiny, immature and just rude. It was a good story but seemed really repetitive. I still love the characters though. I think a different location would have been nice, but overall I did enjoy it. The school losing members bothered me a lot and the trial at the end was a crazy twist. I’m still suited for the next book.
zainab
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
I'm sure Aya Ling had a tea with Satan after writing this book
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

This was a solid follow up to the first book. And not at ALL what I was expecting. The evil stepsister takes a more prominent role in this one and I tried, you guys, really tried to find her angle. But it didn’t hit me what it was until the moment I found out!

Kat was even more ambitious in her want to change the laws, she seems a bit too forward thinking and wants change to happen very quickly without letting the kingdom absorb her ideas first. But I under
Nattiemi
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Oh, well... what can I say?

Kat was still wonderful, not letting anyone say who she was or what she could do. Edward was still the charming prince who we met on the first book.

Still... Twice upon a time wasn't quite as good as the first book.

After 7 years, Kat had the opportunity to return to Athelia, and this time Edward is determined to not let her go, but Kat doesn't remember anything and wants to return to her world.

Twice Upon a Time had a darker atmosphere. While The Ugly Stepsister
Jessica Fether
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kind of cheesy, but still so so so good. I can't wait for book 3!
Punnya Dayanand
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
The ending was terrible, heart-breaking. I didn't expected such a grave ending.
Stacy Kersteter
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a cliffhanger ending!!!
My heart was furious then happy then sad. I felt I was constantly getting my heart torn apart... in a good way lol.
York Lara
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I need my happy ending!!!
More Kat and Edward
Lenore Kosinski

4 stars — OK, this review is probably going to be a little scattered, and it’ll probably come across more negative than my actual feelings about the book. I’m more just explaining (probably to myself) why I didn’t rate it higher. I’m still loving this series, I just found it took me a bit longer to get invested.

First of all, Luci Christian is still hitting ALL MY BUTTONS as the narrator. I loved the different voices she used, and they were all consistent (
Sofia~
I have decided to stop with this series.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this book and the follow ups.

The first book was so amazing, for me, an almost 5 stars, well written with a good (not annoying or unlikable) protagonist, a good and healthy pairing/romance and actually interesting and entertaining plot.

And I was so excited to keep reading but then I did read the descriptions of the other books, and I read some of this- the second book and I can't believe how it (the quality) dropped from 100
Kirstie
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the first book so much this sequel was an insta buy. It's enjoyable to return to Athelia, and I loved the nods to Outlander.

(spoilers, I guess, but you're reading a review for book two so I assume you know how book one ended) Since after returning home at the end of the previous book Kat's memories were wiped, upon returning to Athelia she doesn't remember Edward or anything of her time here which causes plenty of problems and shenanigans.

While the relationship was just as fun this tim
Khaleel Mughal
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
May
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Overall, it was a good read. However, compared to the first one, the book started a little bit slow. As Kat's journey progressed, it did get much better, though. I don't know if it was all the OMG moments at the beginning where Kat couldn't believe that she was a princess, or how beautiful something was, or how rich Edward was. But as soon as those moments passed, Kat became the heroine from the first book that cared about the lives of the people around her, especially the children. And, the end ...more
Lisa Dawn
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though it started out a little like a Disney sequel, I have to say I enjoyed this book just as much as the first one in the same "guilty pleasure" type of way. It was interesting to see if Kat would have reacted differently to Edward if she had more time to establish a life for herself in the real world (Spoiler Alert: She didn't.) I also really enjoyed the twist at the end of the book, and it made me eager to finish the trilogy.
Mariela Germann
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an ending!

I'm flabbergasted. Poor Kat, she has her life kind of together, and then she gets transported back to Athelia. However, she has no memory of the events from the Ugly Stepsister. Edward and Kat fell deeply in love, but the truth is reveal and there is no a happy ending.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fated: Cinderella's Story (Destined, #1)
  • Thief of Cahraman: A Retelling of Aladdin (Fairytales of Folkshore, #1)
  • Queen of Cahraman: A Retelling of Aladdin (Fairytales of Folkshore, #3)
  • The Little Selkie (Timeless Fairy Tales, #5)
  • An Inconvenient Princess (Entwined Tales, #6)
  • Soot and Slipper
  • Swan Lake (Timeless Fairy Tales, #7)
  • An Unnatural Beanstalk (Entwined Tales, #2)
  • The Princess Search: A Retelling of The Ugly Duckling (The Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • A Midwinter's Wedding: A Retelling of The Frog Prince (The Four Kingdoms, #3.5)
  • Snow White (Timeless Fairy Tales, #11)
  • House of love
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • A Goose Girl (Entwined Tales, #1)
  • Hidden: Rapunzel's Story (Destined, #2)
  • The Coronation Ball (Four Kingdoms, #2.2)
  • The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)
  • Prince of Cahraman: A Retelling of Aladdin (Fairytales of Folkshore, #2)
Aya is from Taiwan, where she struggles daily to contain her obsession with mouthwatering and unhealthy foods. Often she will devour a good book instead. Her favorite books include martial arts romances, fairy tale retellings, high fantasy, cozy mysteries, and manga.

Unfinished Fairy Tales (4 books)
  • The Ugly Stepsister (Unfinished Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Ever After (Unfinished Fairy Tales, #3)
  • Queen of Athelia (Unfinished Fairy Tales, #4)