Start by marking “After Loving You” as Want to Read:
After Loving You

After Loving You

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
When Mia Thompson and Jared Grande break up before college, they think that's the end for them.

But two years later, Mia is stalking Jared's Facebook page and he's contacting her every chance he gets. Even though they're both seeing other people, they can't seem to say good-bye to the past they shared.

One way or another, they'll have to figure out how to love again. Is it t
Published October 3rd 2016 by Kelly Hashway

To ask other readers questions about After Loving You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Loving You

Qhuinn
Oct 05, 2016 added it
Shelves: cheating, dnf
If you're going into this book thinking it's a second-chance romance, like I did, it's not. It's about the two main characters falling in love with other people. Which I have no problem with, but I'd prefer that the MC's not spend more than half of the book, like d-bags, trying to "figure out" their relationship with their ex. All while stringing on the actual H and h. So, DNF.
Michelle
Oct 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
JoAnna G
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was a quick read, with a tons of angst. There is so much push and pull and immaturity in this book. I thought I was reading something, and it wasn’t that.

Mia and Jared broke up two years before and have remained friends. You know that thing called puppy love or a crush? We have all experienced it at some time. Mia still loves Jared but she tries to keep to herself as she doesn’t want to lose Jared as a friend. In the two years after he left her he never indicated that he was dating, t
Beth
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1st book I've read written by Ashelyn. Such a great read, lots of angst, push and pull in this book!! 1st loves are the greatest? Or so they are, from what I've been through or talk with folks about their situations, Such memories. I love the cover. Things are so innocent??! ( ;
Casey
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

Ashelyn Drake is a new to me author. I loved the sound of this book though, so I had to take the chance on it. While this wasn't a horrible book, it definitely wasn't what I was expecting.

Mia and Jared broke up before college, but two years later they find themselves thinking of one another. Though each of them are seeing different people, they can't seem to let go of the past. But as they find themselves being drawn to each other once more,
Beverly McClure
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Do you remember your first love? The love you thought would last forever? I do. Yes, those good old high school years. Forever lasted until we broke up, right before graduation. How long was your forever?

AFTER LOVING YOU, a New Adult contemporary novel by Author Ashelyn Drake, will revive your memories of that first love. Told from both Mia’s and Jared’s points-of-view, the author shows us the emotions of the characters from both sides. They were a couple in high school, but that was last year.
Stephanie
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think everyone who had that one relationship in high school, you know the one thought would last forever, can relate to this book. Mia and Jared are trying to discover how to live after. This was a sweet story about trying to move on. I really enjoyed the book.

Note, I did receive an advance copy in return for my honest review.
Saumya
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Nice,sweet and not at all a perfect dreamy teen romance.
Medeia Sharif
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mia and Jared used to be together, but for the past few years they've just been friends. They keep in touch, even though it's not the easiest thing. Mia is with Mark and Jared is with Faith, but there's still some residual feelings between the two. As the novel progresses, these feelings intensify.

It was interesting getting inside Mia and Jared's heads in this dual POV book. This novel explores new adult romantic territory very well. Mia and Jared jumped off the pages. I really liked Mark, but
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
After Loving You was a sweet read, that was fairly quick. I was able to read this in just a few short hours, which is really great, especially for someone like me that hates leaving books unfinished. This was my first read by Ashelyn Drake, I enjoyed this one and will be checking her other books out.

When I first started this book, I was expecting a second chance romance. While this was not a second chance romance on the sense that you would expect, it is in the way that the characters get a seco
Dani
Oct 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
Immature and exasperating.
Kristen Chandler
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Ashelyn Drake's writing. So I already knew going in I would probably love this one. Most people don't end up with their first love or high school sweetheart. Or some get separated but find their way back to each other. I like to read these types of stories because its interesting to see where they go. I really liked Mia and Jared together but at the same time I liked Mia with Mark.

I won't tell too much, because SPOILERS but I was pleased with the ending of this book. I started
Katy Vance
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ugh. Uuuuggggghhhhhh.... None of these characters should've tolerated the way they were treated. Jared was shallow and represented a base and pathetic vision of being a man. Mark, on the other hand, was supposed to be the caring patient one, and he was actually an unrealistic doormat. The word pussy (a word I'm a fan of, so no, this is not me being prudish) was used multiple times to describe wimpy male behavior. Surely there is another word that doesn't reinforce sexist, heteronormative Trumpia ...more
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
A great story about first love and how long forever lasts

Mia and Jared broke up two years ago when they were getting ready to leave for college in two different states. Over the course of those two years, they have stayed "friends" and have spent time together on breaks as if nothing has changed.

Now, Jared is seeing Faith and Mia has to decide if it actually time to move on. Jared isn't ready to let go of Mia but he's not ready to commit to Faith either. When Mia meets Mark, it makes her really
Virginia
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
After Loving You is my first book by Ashelyn Drake. It’s the story of Mia and Jared. They dated in high school but are now broken up and remain friends. They still talk and are in touch and thanks to social media Mia can watch Jared’s relationship with his new girlfriend- something that makes it hard to let go. Jared can’t seem to completely move on either.

There is a lot of back and forth in this book. While they both date new people, it seemed that they wanted to get back together at times. The
Sairaika Naidoo
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A whirlwind of emotions!

Such an emotionally charged book full of longing, pain, uncertainty, afraidness (of moving on) and torture but in the end the ability to distinguish between past and present and moving on with your lives - with the people you have finally found love and happiness after loving the other person.

The main characters miss each other like crazy - my heart broke for them. They experience agony but is it possible for a second chance at love... together or with someone else?? This
Stephanie Faris
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There's something so heartbreaking about two people who want to be together but can't. After Loving You covers that heartbreak in a way few books have. Former lovers Mia and Jared are separated by distance, but they've remained best friends. Ashelyn follows their separate paths as they try to forget each other and date others. Yet they constantly feel pulled back toward each other. This book took me back to my teenage years, when I was trying to get over my first love. Fortunately, we didn't hav ...more
Beth
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Two years after Jared broke up with Mia, they can't stop thinking about each other. Mia stalks Jared on social media, Jared thinks about Mia while he's with his new girlfriend - a recipe for disaster.

Can two people who were in love be friends? Can you introduce your current love to a former flame? Or are you destined to reunite with your first love? Those are the questions Mia and Jared have to ask themselves.

From the first page, I LOVED this book! A romance story that ends (in my opinion) well
Char ღ Denae
May 11, 2017
Melinda
rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2016
Ashelyn Drake is a contemporary romance author. While it’s rare for her not to have either a book in hand or her fingers flying across a laptop, she also enjoys spending time with her family. She believes you are never too old to enjoy a good swing set and there’s never a bad time for some dark chocolate. She also writes speculative fiction as Kelly Hashway.
More about Ashelyn Drake