Start by marking “Avendui 5ive (Jakkattu shorts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Avendui 5ive (Jakkattu shorts, #1)

Avendui 5ive

(Jakkattu)

Avedui 5ive – A Jakkattu Short Story Coming August 2016

Biomechanically enhanced Humans called Series Teks are cogs in the machine of a distant future world. Each Series serves a purpose and Teks are designed, enhanced, and genetically coded to fulfill that role. When Avendui 5ive finds herself unable to perform to expectations, what will become of her? What is the fate of
ebook
Published August 20th 2016 by Evolved Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Avendui 5ive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avendui 5ive

Siobhan
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Avendui 5ive is a short story giving us an insight into the Jakkattu series that is to come soon.

I’m so glad I was able to advance read this. Excuse me whilst I brag, but I managed to get my hands on this and the first Jakkattu book well in advance of release, and I can assure you I’m more than excited for both of them. There is such promise, so much on offer. If you’re a science fiction fan, then you need to keep your eyes on this series – it looks to be going places.

As a teaser, Avendui 5ive i
Gaele
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’m one of the lucky ones – I got early peeks at the full-length story that is the introduction to the world for this sci-fi short. And – trust me when I say that if this short intrigues, the full length will be a favorite.

A world where humans are relegated to mere ‘objects’ and the worker bees are enhanced with varying forms of technology appropriate to their job descriptions. Avendui 5 is a tek, enhanced to work under the earth, but her anxiety takes over and she isn’t able to perform. Not on
Lynda Dickson
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ages 15+
Shelves: young-adult
Avendui 5ive (Avi) is a tek, born human but given implants and coding to make her a worker for the Mezna, the alien race that has taken over Earth. With the other series 5ive teks, she works underground. But she is different to the rest of her series because she has found forbidden love with Virgil 9ine.

The author cleverly builds her world, introducing us to the different tek series and the Mezna, who live in a city patrolled by guards and run by nuns and priests. With a few well-chosen words,
Kay Smillie
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An excellently compiled short story, after which you will want to beg the author to write more of this world.

Like her friends, Avendui 5ive is a Tek consigned to her particular Series. From the genetic coding inside her to the physical enhancements which allow her to carry out her functions correctly, she is a specially designed square peg for a square hole.

When Avi is unable to carry out her specified functions due to panic attacks, does she still have a future? Will she be discarded, as she no
Fizza
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's a science fantasy short story. The story is quite an interesting take on a world where humans are no longer in control. And an enhanced series of humans is responsible for various tasks. They're designed to carry out their tasks with utmost efficiency. They cannot feel or think for themselves, they do whatever they're modified to do...
Except Avendui 5ive and Virgil 9ine. They've broken out of their minds. They think for themselves, know that there is something very, very wrong in the world
Susan
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a short introduction into a future world. There are groups of workers, called teks. My understanding is they are born human, but while they are children they are categorized and then genetically and surgically enhanced based on that categorization. They are discouraged from mingling with those not in their category. It also appears that they are supposed to just do their job as a mindless "robot". I'm sure that in this world not everything is as it appears on the surface.

While this shor
Riley
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
At only 62 pages, Avendui 5ive is a short story accompaniment to The Jakkattu Vector. I recommend reading the novel first, to learn about Teks. In the short story, you have the story of two Teks who do the unthinkable – fall in love.

Teks don't love, don't marry and don't have families. Reading The Jakkattu Vector will tell you while, but make you wonder why not. Reading Avendui 5ive will renew your faith in the humans that become Teks.

Avendui 5ive may be a short, but the story is huge.

Originall
Logan Streondj
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was very vivid, I liked the descriptions, could really see and feel it. The immersion was good, each character had their own perspective, with thoughts and feelings. There was tension but it wasn't too heavy. There was wonderful not too detailed, but enough to understand hinting and clues about the world around, that really set the setting.

The characters felt very human, their cyborg enhancements more ornaments than defining qualities, but my understanding is that that was the intent, to conv
Aletia
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I admit I had no idea what to expect when I read this. I got characters I love, a society I am curious to learn about, and a story that broke my heart. A tale of forbidden love, in an unlikely place. Isn't that the way it goes though :D
Natasa
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this world - I'd love to read full novels set in these worlds.
Deborah
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
A very short story set in an interesting world. It jumps around & summarises a few scenes more like a trailer for the main book than an actual story
Diana in SC
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fascinating short story; the start of a thoughtful, imaginative new hard sci-fi series

I have read a few other things by PK Tyler, and with this short story, she continues to impress me with imaginative speculative fiction that has real depth. I think that sci-fi fans would find that this story is well worth $0.99. Here is fair warning: don't read this if you require a story to have a happy ending, but I did not find the story depressing at all.
Like the author's short story "All These Bodies"
Sarah Crawford
This is a fascinating story. It takes place on Earth but in the future. Something has happened (and I don't know what) and somehow aliens have become involved. Pure humans are in reservations while other humans seem to have been operated on to adapt them to specific jobs. This can include physically changing them, inserting microchips, etc. These modified humans are also broken into very specific classes such as 5ives and 9ines.

The story is about Avi, a 9ine, who is in Greenland. There is a kind
GREGG  CORDELL
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

This was a good read about what we would be willing to sacrifice to survive, such as having our DNA changed( I don't want to give too much of the book away.) to support the type of work that's needed to be done for survival, but for whose survival? That is yet to be seen . This was a good book and I will be reading more of them to see what happens. Nice job P.K.
Lorena
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story is set in a desolate but very intriguing post-apocalyptic future with aliens and cyborgs. Don't expect a feel-good story with a tidy happy ending. However, the story is well-written and I really liked the characters. It's also a clean read, and I don't recall seeing any typos or other editing problems.

I generally prefer more upbeat stories, but I admit that after reading this, I found myself wanting to know more about this world, and I'm looking forward to reading more of the Jakkattu
Elissa
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This reminds me of some of the "hard" science fiction of the '50s and '60s with dystopian themes that were more of a warning than a promise of a better future. Not (yet?) as dehumanized as the Borg, the humans known as tecs are being genetically modified into different "series" to perform specific functions. This short story is meant to introduce a future world we would NOT wish to inhabit, occupied by an alien species which is responsible for the "adaptations." And yet the few tender moments be ...more
Jodi Woody
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopian
I was given a copy of "Avendui 5ive" in exchange for an honest review. This is a super short story, sci fi, dystopian. Hard to judge by such a little book, but the writing of this author looks promising. I give it three stars "I liked it."
Tera Comer
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellent start to a new series. This was a quick short read that gave just enough details to keep you wanting more and can not wait to see what is in store for the rest of the series. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Jessica West
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a Pleasure to Read Tyler

As a fan of this author, I'll read just about anything she writes. I have yet to be disappointed. Avendui 5ive is a great quick read that makes no sacrifices even in its brevity. If you like sci. fi. or lit fic, definitely give this one a try.
🌈💜SAVINA🦋✨
I really enjoyed this short story, the underlying premise of this series is so enticing and I can already imagine how much I'm going to love it !
Virgil 9ine and Avendui 5ive are two characters I have already taken a liking too and can't wait to see where their story endeavours... Great read :)
Kai-di Banton
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book! U can see straight away why this is an award winning author, I loved the characters and found myself drawn into the story, I read it in one sitting and cannot wait to read the series.
Definitely take some time and give it a go u won't regret it
Jackie
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jackie by: Pat
I was given this book to review, if I wanted to and it's just amazing. Gives you an insight as to what will be in the Jakkattu series of books to come. Can't wait to get more
Philip
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing introduction to the world of Jakkattu.
Torfinn Ingolfsen
Martin
Apr 27, 2017
Lane Diamond
Oct 20, 2017
PK Tyler is the author of Speculative Fiction and other Genre Bending novels. She is an artist, wife, mother and number cruncher. She graduated Smith College in 1999 with a degree in Theatre.

After graduation, she moved to New York, where she worked as a Dramaturge, Assistant Director and Production Manager on productions both on and off Broadway.

Later, Pavarti went to work in the finance industr

Jakkattu (1 books)
  • The Jakkattu Vector (Jakkattu, #1)