Start by marking “Lyrical Lights” as Want to Read:
Lyrical  Lights

Lyrical Lights

In a world of glamour, lies, and betrayal threatens to tear them apart...

Mable’s life as a model may be over after her agent drops her, but a chance encounter with a fashion photographer, Simon Rowe, revives her dream—and awakens desires she never imagined. Mable soon discovers there’s more to this sexy motorcyclist from down under.

As her relationship with Simon flourishe
Published April 19th 2018 by Maria La Serra

To ask other readers questions about Lyrical Lights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lyrical Lights

Start your review of Lyrical Lights
Kate (beautifulbookland)
Feb 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: net-galley, 1-star
It seems like I’m on a bit of a bad run at the moment; I don’t know if it’s because Immortal Reign completely owned my existence, or if I’m just a bit unlucky at the moment, but this is the second book I’ve looked forward to, read, and been disappointed by.

I feel like Simon Cowell, Craig Revel Horwood, Jason Gardiner, and all the rest of the reality TV bad guy judges who pick on every single little detail.

Alas, I just can’t help it.

Lyrical Lights follows Mabel, an aspiring model trying to make
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Lyrical Lights was a different read, the plotline was quite fresh and new. I wasn't overly impressed, but I liked it enough.

I liked the banter between the main characters, even though their hot and cold relationship tired me after some time. I love angst and a good slow burn romance, but there's so much that I can take when it comes to building a romance between the hero and the heroine.

The characters go through a lot throughout the wh
andrea
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Maria La Serra delivers a delightful, modern and moving love story with Lyrical Lights, a book with wonderful characters. Written in a fantastic way, it's a balanced mix of friendship, lights, fashion and love, from large concrete metropolis, the city of love and the most picturesque landscapes on the other side of the world.

They say if you look at someone in the eyes long enough,
you’ll fall in love.
More than anything, I wanted to drop.

Reading Lyrical Lights has been a pleasure from the fir
Kathy Rouchelle
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This turned out to be a really good read. I say that because the story had me and my emotions going up, down, up, down then taking a hard right before coming back. I have to say, the author could have crushed us with this story and several times I thought that was exactly what was going to happen. This book was absolutely wonderfully written, giving the reader all the feels, including some entertaining banter between Simon and Mable. If ever two people were made for each other, it's these two. T ...more
Heather Jasinski
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lyrical Lights is a contemporary romance book. I believe it could be standalone as this is the first book I’ve read by this author. This book made me feel all types of emotions, from smiling to sadness.

The plot was grasping. How two people can be one… Come from different parts of the world and still mingle. To follow your dreams no matter what others say. Also, always tell the ones you care about everything even if it means it might not be something they want to hear.

Mable, what a unique name f
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I LOVED this book SO HARD! It’s a book with real substance, heart and grit! I was sucked in the moment I opened it and stayed up all night reading, it was so good! It was more than worth it to be zombie like the next day!

The characters are so well written!! I loved the development and growth of each of these characters. There was nothing fake nor unbelievable about them. Mable, a struggling super-model with a disability, trying to make her way in the cut-throat fashion industry, decides to give
Tiffany Readz
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Not for Me

While I constantly berate authors for the insta-love in thier books, Maria La Serra gives her readers the opposite. Well, they do fall for each other quickly, but then it's a long, slow ride to the end.

The blurb was interesting, hearing impaired model, a little heavy, not fitting into the mold of the modeling world...other peoples drama? Count me in. However, there was little of Mable's struggles and lots of round and round with her and the handsome photographer that brought her back
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Maria La Serra is a new author to me, I sort of knew what to expect because I have read one other book like this before it was Tone Deaf by Olivia
I loved Mable its such a unique name you don’t really see it now a day. Mable has a dream of becoming a model. Her first agent that she had dropped her and she wanted to give up because she didn’t really fit into the mold of a model. She is a strong woman and she wants to change the way that the model industry is. That was until she met Simon.
Simon i
Nadwa @PainfullyFictional
[i received a free advance review copy by the author in exchange for an honest review]
This book has opened my eyes to a lot of things i’ve never given much thought to. I’ve always been skeptical about the act/profession of modeling, but Mable Harper has changed my view on that. She’s actually changed the aspect of the ideal body shape/weight for models, or people in general, at that. The fact that, and i quote, “Fashion is not created for one body type or culture.” And that’s one of the most cru
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I enjoyed Simon and Mable in this book and I liked their dialogue for the most part. The one big issue I had was it seemed to have a bit of teenage angst in characters that are over 20. Overall I liked the story and the message. Mable isn’t your normal model. She’s not the skinniest woman around and she is hard of hearing but she doesn’t care and neither does Simon, who is immediately smitten with her. Some of the events seemed to drag on for longer than necessary and towards the end I felt like ...more
Rubi
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I LOVED that the heroine, Mable, had a hearing disability. You don't see many books, movies, or TV like that. So to see a disability shown in this light is amazing to me and warms my heart. I love anything that shows minorities, disabilities, or anything that is 'looked down' upon in this society. I think we need more representation of that in this crazy world.

This is another roller coaster ride of a book. It has up and downs and sideways feelings before letting you upright and then it starts a
Miss
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mable and Simon meet and they are instantly attracted to each other. However, they fight their attraction until they can no longer. But it is not smooth sailing as one would think. There are situations that keep them apart, and once or twice I thought they may not find their way back to each other. This was the first book I have read by this author and I look forward to reading more of her books in the future.

Tanya
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
she is hard of hearing she wants to be a model. people say she wont make it, she goes to a bar and loses her purse when she meets him. they get on well but can the be a couple? will her dreams come true? see how this will go

Sassy Merrill
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My sister was born hard of hearing and is gorgeous! I absolutely loved this book and the use of a main character with a disability. It just goes to show that people can overcome obstacles and that there is a happy ending for everyone. Just a refreshingly terrific novel!

I read this book using my awesome Kindle Unlimited subscription.
Barbara
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was well-written and I was not putting it down until I had finished reading it.This is the first book by this Author I have read but I will be looking for more by her.I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Nicole Ortiz
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book! I liked Simon and Mabel's story and the characters in the book. Once I started reading this I was hooked. This is told mainly from Mabel's POV but once in a while Simon's POV is told.
I received an ARC and volunteered to leave a review
Anna
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***ARC REVIEW IN EXCHANGE OF A HONEST OPINION***

I love the chemistry between Mable and Simon, and the realistic feel of the plot. Love the writing definitely would recommend this book.
Pat
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a real joy to read with the good storyline and detailed characters that kept me totally hooked until the very last page!
Barb VanderWel
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Amanda
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received the ARC in exchange for a honest review.

Enticed by Romance
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lyrical Lights is a fantastic read that will give you a modern and moving love story set in the fashion/photography world. The story is written in a way that we have the perfect mix of friendship, love and self-discovery.

Maria La Serra is a new author to me, so I didn’t know what to expect when I started reading Lyrical Lights, but from the first page till the last it was a pleasure reading her work. While most books rush their characters relationships, Lyrical Lights allows her characters to gr
JC
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This was adorable to the max. These two were had chemistry and didn't immediately go fast in the relationship. They became friends slowly falling in love at the same time.
Annia Lennox (DaydreamingThroughBooks)
***I received this book via NetGalley from the publisher in exchange for an honest review***

I requested this because of the synopsis. I was intrigued by the idea of a hard of hearing model. Then, I was promptly disappointed.

This book had a lot of potential, but didn't deliver. Ms. La Serra did make some different decisions when it came to story structure which I appreciate. There were some technical errors, but those don't typically bother me, plus this is an ARC so that's a possibility.

My main
Madeline
Jun 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
I received a copy of Lyrical Lights through the Goodreads Giveaway System. This in no way influenced my reading or interpretation of the text.

This book fell short for me in a couple of ways.

The characters were completely flat, making each of their interactions forced and unnatural. Mabel was two-dimensional and predictable, which can become tiresome very quickly. The alternating perspectives served almost no point in advancing the plot, and Simon's ideas could have been discovered in a more uni
Linda Dossett
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had potential. There were parts I truly loved (hence the four stars) but the story kept getting longer with no real interest line. The main characters are a strong draw, however it literally took years of the same drama, over and over, to reach a very short HEA. There needed to be better balance of beginning, middle and end, because the middle drama lasted practically throughout the whole book. The writing is lovely, which makes this book a good read.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I received the ARC in exchange for a honest review.

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started this. The beginning seemed quite cliche but as I got farther into it, it got even better. I liked how the author kept the plot realistic and the characters relatable. I do admit, I teared up from time to time. Especially towards the end. Not the best book I’ve ever read but it still was good. Mable is a perfect role model. It had a much better ending than the beginning. "
Katie Hansen
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and was honored to have been able to receive an arc to read and review. It was such a phenomenal read and had amazing characters as well as an amazing story line. I just couldn't get enough of it and once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. I recommend that you read it.

Sassy
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I read this book using my awesome Kindle Unlimited subscription.
Nadea Croix
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was such an amazing read, the storyline was well thought out with steamy scenarios and hiden secrets as it unfolds, I liked reading it.

Karen
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is emotional, ups and downs, disabilities, and intriguing storyline. Good characters with hands down attraction and it is written well. I liked reading this book.
New Adult Book Club: #38/18 Lyrical Lights by Maria La Serra 3 29 May 13, 2018 03:19PM

• Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)
  • Where the Night Ends
  • Hollywood Redemption (Fairlane #1)
  • Pregnant in Pennsylvania
  • Cheeky King (Royals Undercover, #2)
  • Steps (Finding Their Muse, #1)
  • The Kisser: A Meet Your Man Novel
  • Interference (Prescott Family #1)
  • Heart Strings: A Rockstar Romance (Spring Fling Series Book 2)
  • Getting Lucky
  • Strokes (Finding Their Muse #2)
  • Rapture
  • Layla's Chance
  • Flawless
  • Finding Tomorrow

A Montréalaise who used to be a fashion designer before becoming a writer. She will try everything at least once—except for skiing, hiking, camping, or anything relating to activities done in the great outdoors. When she’s not working on her next book, you could find her spending time with her husband and kids.

You can follow her on
Twitter @authormlaserra
Instagram @maria.laserra
Facebook @author

News & Interviews

“In life, you will inspire people without knowing it, just in being yourself. So never apologize for who you are.” 0 likes
“you let your guard down, settled and happy—life would twist that road, bringing disruption and loss along with it. Nothing lasts forever, even love, but yet the heart continues to whisper.” 0 likes