Start by marking “Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)

Dangerous Tides

(Drake Sisters #4)

With her sensual blend of paranormal romance and breathless suspense, New York Times bestselling author “Christine Feehan boldly goes where no writer has ever gone”*. Now she introduces Libby Drake, of the magical Drake sisters—each mysterious, gifted, and enchanted by prophecies of love…

Dr. Libby Drake is sensible and practical. To her more adventurous sisters, she’s alwa
Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published July 1st 2006 by Berkley Books (first published June 27th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Tides, please sign up.
Martha Oceans of Fire.

Oceans of Fire.

Alexandr Volstov is an Interpol Agent following a trail of missing Russian artifacts. He crossed paths with Abilgal (Abbey) Drake after she witnessed the murder of his partner working undercover. It took place while she was studying dolphins in the ocean near her home of Sea Haven. They met four years earlier but have been estranged,(less)

Start your review of Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)
Azet
”Dangerous Tides” is the fourth instalment in the ”Drake Sisters”-series,where the golden-hearted Doctor Libby Drake saves the life of scientist and adrenaline-hunter Tyson Derrick,her secret crush she has always longed for.What she didn´t know is that Tyson had become determined to pursue her…and protect her from the dark danger that is threatening to destroy them both.

This book is indeed different,but in a good way.Libby is the nicest of all the sisters who have the gift of healing.Always cons
Becky
This is one of those times when I wonder to myself whether the publisher read the same book I read. Maybe there was some devious plot afoot with two stories being switched at printing, and I just got unlucky enough to get the hideous, annoying, barely literate story instead of the beautiful, interesting and readable one. I actually have doubts as to whether editors have even heard of this book. If so, the ones responsible for giving it their stamp of approval should be fired, and probably slappe ...more
Naomi
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty good though I thought the ending was slightly anticlimactic
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Despite a slow start, I ended up loving this book. There was much to love in it, after all. If you read this book, hang in the past the helicopter scene, which was filled with a bit too much technical information. You might like it, but I found it was a little dry for me. Shortly thereafter, things really take off.

Ty Derrick isn't your typical hero. He is extremely intelligent. So intelligent that he isn't very good at doing the normal life kinds of things. He has poor social skills, and will sa
Susan
Dangerous Tides is book four in Christine Feehan's Drake Sisters series. The story revolves around Libby Drake and Tyson Derrick.

Libby is the confirmed "good girl" of the Drake family. Her power lies in healing others, and she has spent her professional life as Dr. Libby Drake, traveling the world with Doctors Beyond Borders, trying to help those in need.

Tyson Derrick is a brilliant biochemist working for pharmaceutical company BioLab. Spending most of his life in a lab, Ty spends his vacation
Dee
A good solid 4 Stars

Re-Read - November 2015
Originally Read - 2011
Maura
Sameen Hasan
Jan 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
It couldn't hold my interest for long.
Gina
Apr 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Exactly what I would have expected, just what I wanted, and exactly what I got. But then again, I've been with the Drake Sisters since the beginning, so I'm biased.

Feehan knows how to write descriptions so that a vivid picture pops into your head. I adore the banter between the sisters ~ it makes you feel close to them, as if part of the family. Libby and Ty are made for each other and balance each other very well. All the characters in the book are strong with personalities of their
Emily
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, romance, paranormal

Sheesh, some of the characters really took a beating in this one. I was surprised by how violent and hateful the baddie was, and maybe not 100% convinced that the character’s motives supported such extremes.
I liked Libby and Ty’s story though, especially the scenes when he got to see the Drake sisters in action and that lovely scene at the end, as they drew him into the fold. Some of the sciencey convos between the brainy lovebirds got a little silly, and Ty was so obnoxious at the beg
Mojca
Libby Drake, fourth of the seven Drake sisters, is the compassionate one, a doctor with a heart of gold, unable to say no to anyone. She can’t seem to be able to say no even to people who are vegetating in their hospital beds, more dead than alive, with their brain resembling scrambled eggs.

Well, that’s Tyson “Ty” Derrick for you. The daredevil genius researcher slash firefighter’s harness had failed while he was trying to save a teenager, and he ended up in the hospital without hope of making i
Julie
Jul 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-blog
Libby is the fourth Drake sister, doctor and healer. She uses both science and magic to aid her. Her ability to “draw” the illness or injury from the patient into herself is a dangerous one, but Libby can’t help herself, If someone is in need, she’s there to lend a helping hand.
But unlike Sarah and Joley, Libby wants a quiet life, happy to blend into the background, she leave the excitement and adventure to Elle and Sarah.

But when Libby is drawn to healing Ty (he’s had a really bad accident)?
Lynn Smith
Synopsis:

Dr Libby Drake is sensible and practical. To her more adventurous sisters, she’s always been the “good girl”. Certainly not the kind to attract the attention of a genius like Ty Derrick—until a tragic accident leaves the handsome biochemist at her mercy.

Acting on her uncanny ability to heal, she stirs in the reawakened Ty his own long-suppressed desires for the woman who saved his life. But he’s not the only man with designs on Libby Drake. Her miraculous and selfless power has also ca
Jennifer Custer
Libby Drake, healer and doctor has watched Tyson Derrick from afar for years. Ty is a genius scientist trying to figure out what went wrong with a drug the company he works for is doing trials for. He has loved Libby since college and now plans to court and wed her. His only family, Sam, a cousin wants things to be the way they used to. Where Sam did everything for the absent minded Ty. Sam has a gambling problem and uses Ty's money to keep himself afloat from the lenders. He will do anything to ...more
Filipa
This is my favorite book of the series yet. I loved Tyson... he was such a great character. I loved to get to know him. The romance was perfect for these two, very well written. If only I wouldn't have guessed who the perpetrator was right in the beginning of the book... Anyway, it was a great reading for my spring break and I couldn't ask for more.
Ally
Jul 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2008
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the previous two partly as I didn't feel you were given such a background on Libby Drake and found her character a bit lacking but still enjoyed the book.
Olivia
“Libby wants to be a bad girl,” Sarah announced.
Jonas’s eyebrow shot up. A slow smile spread across his face. “Libby, hon, there is no way you can be corrupted by the rest of your sisters. You’re just too sweet.”
Libby glared at him, totally exasperated. “I am not. Come on! You could help out a little, Jonas. I have the ability to be just as wicked as the rest of my family.”
“Hear, hear,” Elle said.
“Well said, sister.” Joley nodded her head in agreement. “Not true, but well said,” she agreed.
Kathy
Skye
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Libby is so cute and sweet. A little bit annoyingly so, but that’s mostly because I can’t imagine anyone being that naïve and sweet. At all. Ever. So it was good fun and refreshing to read a tale about someone like that. But I also occasionally wanted to reach through the pages of the book and smack her for not seeing the world clearly. Probably because I am a naturally cynical and sarcastic child who doesn’t really trust anyone…

I was honestly lucky to get some sleep last night, because I starte
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Dr. Libby Drake is the sensible and gentle sister. She never was and never will be the “bad girl”. She definitely doesn’t attract the attention of the one man she wants, Tyson Derrick. When he is in a critical accident it finally pushes them together and makes them both admit their feelings.

I definitely enjoyed Libby’s book more than Abigail’s. Libby is smart, gentle, and has a heart of gold. She will do everything she can to save those around her. I really liked that she appreciated Ty’s genius
Stephanie Pieck
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Hey, authors, listen up: the back cover blurb telling prospective readers what your book is about really matters. Want proof? How's this: I usually run screaming if the word "paranormal" or "romance" appears anywhere in a book description or categorization. So why exactly did I find myself reading "Dangerous Tides"? And why exactly did I keep reading until I was done? And biggest question of all: Why am I now currently devouring--yes, I really did use that word, "devouring"--another book from th ...more
audrey
Libby Drake is a renowned doctor that struggles to avoid overusing her magical healing abilities. Ty Derrick's logical mind refuses to believe in her miraculous abilities even after she saves his life. He's stubbornly determined to win her heart and drag her into reality. The closer they become the more fatal accidents and danger surrounds them. Dangerous Tides is the fourth book in the Drake Sisters series.

I had a lot fun reading Dangerous Tides. Ty was an interesting hero. I liked how his logi
Jessica
Aug 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
I found myself bored with Libby and Ty's story. I enjoyed the first two books more than this and ironically, the book lengths of those were considerably much shorter. Several times, I actually put the book on hold to do other things because I just needed a break from them. I didn't like Libby or Ty at all. Their characters, I just couldn't connect with them, I didn't even want to try after a while. If Libby was a nice girl, that's cool. I actually prefer those types but she was beyond nice. She ...more
Gogol
Dec 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
First off, I just do not like Christine Feehan. Something about her writing is really annoying. But I love witches and magic and once I started the series I had to read all of them in the hopes of finding one I’d like, that is, relatively speaking.

So take my general aversion to her into consideration when you read my reviews. Obviously C.F. Was seriously inspired by Practical Magic and their house on the cliff, and she expanded on the same premise. I just wish some other urban fantasy or parano
Miche
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Charlie Newman
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Upfront, I'm not rating this three stars because romance novels are trashy and 'less good' than Salman Rushdie-- this just isn't Feehan's best work. I read Oceans of Fire from the same series a while ago and thought it was a much better book. The main characters got together way too quickly in this one, and I honestly couldn't stand the male love interest.

That said, it was still a fun read-- I wouldn't necessarily choose to read it again, but I wouldn't count it as a bad use of time.
Gail
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, library-book
The story about the Drake sister who's a doctor. I have no idea where the title came from, because the heroine's magic power is healing, not water stuff, but the ocean does play a part in the climax, and also in the opening of the story. The hero is a scientist with a superior brain who has zero social skills and manages to infuriate the heroine often. I'm amazed she doesn't actually clobber him in the course of the story. It's a good read. I liked it.
Jamie
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feehan
I loved Ty and Libby!!
I enjoyed how we see Ty become more involved with life...
My favorite so far..
My only criticism is why don't we see more from the sisters leading men. It's like they disappear after their story is told... I miss seeing them continuing to interact with the sisters and becoming family!!!
Alicia
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first Christine Feehan and I not only enjoyed her style/storytelling I Fell in love with the Drake sisters (even though it’s a series it can be enjoyed as a stand-alone). It was full of drama & suspense, love and laughter. I look forward to checking out more of her books and definitely more of the Drake Sisters ...more
Dawn Carey
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dangerous Rides (Drake Sisters Book 4)

Feehan characters come to life in her stories!! Take a journey to Sea Haven and meet the unusual and strong group of sisters who possess magical abilities and will stand together through anything!! Scorching Hot and Sensual with lots of action and adventure that will keep you entertained and guessing.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Can you add the pg no? 3 11 Feb 28, 2019 10:25PM

• Immortal Angel (Argeneau, #31)
  • Bad Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #7.5)
  • Red Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #10)
  • Lion Eyes (Shifters Unbound, #7.25)
  • Risk It All (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #2)
  • Wild About You (Love at Stake, #13)
  • A Chip on Her Shoulder (Magical Romantic Comedies, #11)
  • Texture of Intimacy (Psy-Changeling, #10.5)
  • Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4; Psy-Changeling, #19)
  • Rapture (Shadowdwellers, #2)
  • Wolf Under Fire (STAT #1)
  • On My Way (Midlife Mulligan #2)
  • Feral Heat (Shifters Unbound, #5.5)
  • Panda and the Kitty (Furry United Coalition #8)
  • Close Up (Burning Cove #4)
  • Pleasure (Shadowdwellers, #3)
  • The Jaguar's Secret Baby (Tales of the Were: Jaguar Island #3)
  • Adam (Nightwalkers, #6)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more

Drake Sisters (7 books)
  • Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1)
  • The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2)
  • Oceans of Fire (Drake Sisters, #3)
  • Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5)
  • Turbulent Sea (Drake Sisters, #6)
  • Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters, #7)