Start by marking “Beneath the Apple Blossom (The Hopeful Years #1)” as Want to Read:
Beneath the Apple Blossom (The Hopeful Years #1)

Beneath the Apple Blossom

(The Hopeful Years #1)

Four women, linked by blood ties, friendship, betrayal, loss and hope, struggle with the choices they've made and the hand that life's dealt them.

All Pippa's ever wanted is marriage and kids, but at thirty-four and about to embark on IVF, her dream of having a family is far from certain. Her younger sister Georgie has the opposite problem, juggling her career, her lover, a
Kindle Edition
Published July 31st 2016 by Lemon Tree Press

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Apple Blossom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Apple Blossom

Start your review of Beneath the Apple Blossom (The Hopeful Years #1)
Coco.V
Nov 14, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/14/2017)!
Lisa
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In it we meet four very different women who have very different lives and very different hopes for their futures and the story follows these four woman as they face the many highs and lows that beset their lives.

Pippa is thirty four and has been trying for a baby with husband Clive for over 3 years and is about to embark on IVF treatment for the first time. A family is all Pippa has ever wanted and IVF is her last chance at achieving her dreams.
For her sister Georgie, married young and pregnant
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
4.5 Stars!

Wow, this book got into my head! I have to be honest, I wasn't so sure at first. It started real slow for me and I didn't think I was going to like it. Then 1/3 of the way through it did a full 180. I think I read the whole last half without stopping. I didn't think it would be possible to base a whole book only on pregnancy - but Kate Frost not only did it but successfully kept it interesting.

You have three women (well 4 really). One disparately wanting to have a baby and going throug
Jaffareadstoo
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Beneath the Apple Blossom is, in many ways, a very modern story which highlights the predicament of four very different women who try to juggle work, relationships and the pressure of commitment. It’s also about the anguish of infertility and the effect this has on a relationship, particularly when things don’t go as planned.

I enjoyed reading the story from the different viewpoints of Pippa, Georgie, Sienna and Connie and even though all of their stories are quite different, there is a common th
Elizabeth Ray
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review. This was a great book. Main character Pippa begins writing a blog about her attempt to get pregnant and begin fertility treatments. Through the blog, she meets a friend named Connie, who is also trying for a baby. Meanwhile Pippa's sister, Georgie, is trying to fight off her husband's attempts for them to have a second. She feels overwhelmed by the one she already has and thinks it all happened too young. Pippa's best friend, Sienna, never ...more
Emily Wrayburn
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on A Keyboard and an Open Mind 26 June 2017:

The experiences depicted in this book are worlds away from any experience I have had, and worlds away from what I usually read, and yet I found myself unable to put it down (I’m starting this review at 12:54am after staying up to finish it, because I’m still thinking about it, and wide awake).

Beneath the Apple Blossom depicts the lives of four women with four very different experiences of motherhood and the journey towards it.
Kerstin
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, ebooks, 2018
"Beneath the Apple Blossom" erzählt eine Geschichte, in der Mutterschaft in verschiedenen Formen eine entscheidende Rolle spielt. Es geht um Pippa und Connie, die beide mithilfe von künstlicher Befruchtung versuchen, ein lang ersehntes Kind zu bekommen, jedoch auch um Sienna, die auf keinen Fall Mutter sein will und Georgie, die ihre Tochter zwar liebt, aber mit ihrem Leben und ihrer Ehe trotzdem nicht glücklich ist. Der Leser begleitet die vier Frauen über den Zeitraum von etwas weniger als zwe ...more
Ritu Bhathal
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book!
Having been through fertility struggles of my own, it was amazing how I related to a lot of the issues faced by 2 of the main characters in this book.
It's very true, that as much as some women crave to be mothers, there are those that really don't feel it's for them, and this book explored both sides of the same coin.
The realistic writing brought back some painful memories for me, but also that sense of camaraderie that I too felt in a very special online forum that I had also
Devonna Bess
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I would like this book when I started but I devoured it. It tells a story of four women, with completely different lives and completely different desires. Two desperately want to have children, one desperately wants to avoid commitment and children, and another who has one child, doesn't want any more and is tired of her husband.

Their lives intermingle in ways that you would't imagine when beginning to read. Well done Kate Frost!
Jane Ramsell
As a happily childfree person through choice, I found this book really fascinating and compelling - seeing the varying viewpoints of the four main characters and how they developed.

I adore Kate's beautiful, descriptive writing style and this didn't disappoint on that front either. I found myself really caring about the characters and willing them to get good news, from whatever angle they approached fertility.

A thoroughly enjoyable book ❤️
Greg Dixon
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beneath the Apple blossom

A good read for people who are in to the series recommend highly can't wait for the next one of the series a really enjoyable read but quick shaping up to be a enjoyable series must read the next one of the series some stories are better than others but enjoyable shaping up to be a enjoyable read
Martha Graham-Waldon
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Poignant and Real

In Beneath the Apple Blossom, Kate Frost has woven a tale of women's lives interconnected by fertility and relationship struggles. It is real and poignant throughout, including happy as well as unhappy endings for the characters. It was a pleasure to read and I look forward to enjoying more of her novels.
Kerry Hemmings
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I loved this book! A must for anyone going through pregnancy, ivf or who just want an interesting, thought provoking read like me. I loved it so much, I’m reading the next book in the series
Bj Winters
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up on a whim and I am so glad I did. This is one of the most relatable books I have ever read and the emotions of the characters are raw and real. Some times I wanted to smack Pippa but I understand where she was coming from, emotionally. I could not put this down.
Erica Roszko
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Insightful and heartfelt

Very touching and a test jerker if you can related to any of the characters. I always love s happy ending eben if this one had many twists.
G. Medford
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unexpected

This book is not usually a book I would have chosen to read. I'm glad I decided to give it a try. It's well written with wonderful characters.
Tracey
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an incredibly moving story! This was a book I really couldn't put down and got a strange look from my hubby when he woke up at silly o'clock and caught me still reading. Not only that, I picked it straight back up when my alarm clock reminded me there was much more important things to do that day. Like reading this book!
A character driven plot, you are introduced to Pippa, who had always yearned to become a mother and becomes distant with her sister, Georgie, who seems to have everything th
Akeisha -Til' The Last Page BB
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Ratings:3.5 stars

Firstly, If you follow my reviews you know I hate to restate a blurb. I think the author gives you a great insight into what the story is about.

My views on the story:
The blurb for Beneath the Apple Blossom grabbed my attention initially. I always love a book with struggles and a story with depth. Kate does a good job by keeping me interested in each character. I also enjoyed that each Heroine seemed so real.

If there was a chara
Joan
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming !

This was a truly great story of loss and how different people handle the different things that life throws at you. I experienced 3 miscarriages before I was able to have my 2nd daughter and this is so how it felt to me! Great telling of the hurt and emptiness one feels. Wonderful read!
J.B (Debbie)
Dec 30, 2016
Louise Colerick
Dec 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Greek Heart: An uplifting story of love and new beginnings (A Romantic Escape Book)
  • The Cottage at Hope Cove (Hope Cove #1)
  • Return to Turtle Beach
  • Maggie's Way (Montana Bound, #1)
  • All the Good Girls (Harry Hunter Mystery, #1)
  • No Man's Island
  • Chances Are (The Pacific Bay, #1)
  • The Healer's Secret (The Innocenti Saga, #1)
  • Lifeline
  • Excess All Areas: An utterly perfect feel good Greek island romantic comedy to read on the beach this summer! (Freya Johnson Book 1)
  • Public Property (Freya Johnson, #2)
  • Autumn Sky
  • An Island in the Sun: An Escapist Summer Read (Escape to the Islands Book 3)
  • Three Ways to Capsize a Boat: An Optimist Afloat
  • The Lost Lyra
  • The Secret To Happiness
  • More Spain Tomorrow
  • Where Rosemary Grows
Kate Frost has wanted to be an author ever since she wrote her first novel during the long months she spent off school following open heart surgery when she was seven. The novel was called London's Burning and was a time travel story set during the Great Fire of London.

Over the years Kate has worked in a cinema, a bookshop, a factory and as a part time lecturer at Bath Spa University teaching lif

The Hopeful Years (2 books)
  • The Baobab Beach Retreat (A Romantic Escape Book 1)

News & Interviews