Start by marking “Night Game (GhostWalkers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Night Game (GhostWalkers, #3)

Night Game

(GhostWalkers #3)

Gator Fontenot of the Special Forces paranormal squad must reel in the elusive Iris "Flame" Johnson, a victim of the same horrific experiments that warped Gator--and a red-haired weapon of unimaginable destructive powers bent on revenge in the sultry bayous of New Orleans. But can two people haunted by violent betrayals trust the passion that soon ignites between them? Or ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 496 pages
Published November 1st 2005 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Night Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Game

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 ma petite flamme stars

* May have some Spoilers below*

“I found out a long time ago, you can endure anything if you have to. Whitney didn’t defeat me, Raoul. I learned a lot of very valuable lessons.”

photo 754584_zps4prxq8mr.gif

Hot damn I just fell for a sexy Cajun Charmer! Mmm Mmm Gator is yummy! This book is my favorite of the series so far. Night Game is so good. I loved everything about this book!

“And you’re stubborn too. I like that in a woman. Never have gone for the submissive type.” He winked at her. “I like a
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of sci-fi/romantic suspense, Cajun heroes, tough and fiery heroines
Reread in the Month of August, 2016.

Who doesn't love Gator? I certainly do. Gator definitely meets his match in sassy and lethal Iris aka Flame Johnson. Sparks fly from the beginning. Flame steals his heart just like she steals information. She keeps him running, and together they find out who is kidnapping songbirds from the bayou. Flame is determined to right wrongs and protect those who can't protect themselves. She knows intimately how it feels to be abused and misused as one of Whitney's ch
CC
Gotta say I enjoyed this one. While I did not LOVE Gator or Flame I liked their chemistry and the story was good. I did not read this one the first time I read the series so I am glad I went back to it.

I do not love that Gator used to be a total manwhore and likes to brag about it. Something I do not like about any of the cajuns.
Dina
Feb 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was another great installment in the 'GhostWalkers' series! It was funnier than the previous books, thanks to Gator, the charming and sexy Cajun hero. That man could draw a smile from the most bad-tempered person. I loved the way he brought the tension down with his remarks, all the while keeping his focus on what was important. Flame was a bit "difficult to love" at first - alpha females aren't easy to take - but she grew on me and, in the end, I truly understood her reasoning.

The "conspir
Tilly Slaton
Oct 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really adore this series. Christine Feehan really knocks this out of the park. With all of the paranormal romance books flying around, it’s really tough to find something good. Somethingscreative. Something not done a hundred times already.

Feehan has achieved just that. The Ghostwalker series is unexpectedly erotic and extremely stimulating in more than just the sexual sense.

Military missions. Physical and psychic enhancements. Oh the joy! Complex medical and genetic conversations are an inter
KatLynne
Feb 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who love a well written hot-steamy romantic suspense with dripping smexy hero
5++++ stars because I loved it!

This is the third book in the Ghostwalker Series. As in many series I've read, I keep waiting for the book that is just ok. You know the one I'm speaking of...the book that is pretty good but not as good as the others, but you read it anyway and like it ok because it's part of the series. And when finished you're glad you’ve read it and now wait for the next one hoping it will be better.

Not the case with this series! I loved this third book as well as the first tw
Karolina
This is one sexy book! 5 stars is not enough! It is not only because the story is very interesting or the action so gripping but because I have found my perfect fictional man! I have liked many other characters before, starting with BDB Wraith and Z or all three brothers from Demonica, let me tell you all of those great man have absolutely nothing on Raoul Fontenot. What can I say it's a love at first sight!

Night Game is a third book in the Ghost Walkers series and by far the best. The story sta
Bridget
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I loved this book!! I balled like a baby. Feehan has you so intune to the characters, you cry when they're happy, sad or upset, and she has you laughing just as much. I don't think i have read such an emotional series so in depth with the characters since the brotherhood.
Man, could Gator be anymore adorable, i think everyone needs a Gator in their life. This book was perfect for him, Feehan stuck so true to his character. He's a country boy so she brought him back home to the Bayou. He's no
Jess the Romanceaholic
I wanted to love this book. Really, I did. For most of the book, I kept thinking how it would get at least four stars, possibly even, dare I say it, five.

Gator (our Cajun hero) was delicious, with just the right amount of disarming bayou charm to balance out his alpha-male arrogance, and Flame (our fiery heroine, whose hair matched her temper) was such an amazingly capable and fierce warrior herself that I was cheering each time she put Gator soundly in his place.. And her affinity for knives. S
KatieV
I liked this and feel sure some would love it. Both the hero and heroine were great. The reasons for my rating were more personal taste than any fault with the writing.

Feehan has taken a different direction with this one. What we thought we knew in the first two books is evolving and it was very well done. The reader gets to unravel the mystery along with the characters.

I was also impressed that this wasn't all sex. Some of Feehan's Dark series books seem to be sex scene after sex scene and it g
valee
Oct 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing. So different than the 2 previous books and much better.

I loved this book. Gator was an awesome and sexy hero while Flame was the best heroine in the series. My problem with the 2 previous books was that the heroines were weak and helpless most of the time, but Flame had this amazing personality that got me caught up the whole time.

But what I liked the most was definitely Gator. He was the most charming and funny guy I have ever read about. I loved his humor and he was just
~*~JenJenBoBin
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-pnr-uf
"5 Stars!!"

“Life gives us choices. You either grab on with both hands and just go for it, or you sit on the sidelines.”~Gator

FAVORITE OF THE SERIES THUS FAR!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE ME SOME GATOR and Flame is a fantastic heroine.... nothing wimpy or frail about her!!! This book was much better paced and kept things moving along ... I NEED to know what happens NEXT???!!!
Sunny
Perfectly balanced. 1. Intriguing and engaging characters. Pure Cajun charm, Raoul -- simply irresistible. 2. Suspenseful storyline. Kick-ass chick and alpha male on the run and out to rescue. Plus, Advances the backstory in such a way to make you want to know more. Can't-put-it-down reading. Full sentence review to follow.
Kathy
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Now this is what I call a fun, fast paced, well written, high action, love story. The romance does not get lost in the action and the action is not diminished because of the romance. All the past and I'm assuming future players are present. It's a cohesive part of the overall series. The bayou wasn't just a backdrop. You could smell it, feel it, get a strong sense of what it's like to try to survive in it. I enjoyed the male lead, Gater/Raoul as well as his female counterpart, Flame. She has the ...more
Monique
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the third installment in the Ghostwalkers series and without a doubt my favourite so far. There is so much I can say about this book. There were so many sexy moments, swoony moments, emotional moments that made me want to cry at times, laugh at times, and smile at times.

I loved Raoul 'Gator' Fontenot. He completely captured my heart. I was enamoured by him. In the previous books, we see him as a smooth-talking charmer who is easy on the eyes, flirty, laid back and completely at ease. But
Morgan
Apr 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Definitely my favorite of the series so far. Gator and Flame even surpassed Nico and Dahlia for me.

(Still the same problems as the rest of the books. Far too repetitive--even down to the sex where I am starting to see a very definite pattern. It's like there is a stock frame and she just inputs different names and slightly alters the situation/confrontation. It seems to be a part of being a GhostWalker--let's add it to the creed--that they have an elevated T&A fixation. There's also always t
Lel
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the third book in the Ghost Walkers series and follows the normal predictable lines of the first two. If you expect anything new from this one I think that you will be disappointed. That being said the characters are good, well rounded and likeable. The story of the book ties in well with the overall story of the series. I liked it, it just didn't make me go 'wow'.

This story focus' on Gator and Flame. Flame has to overcome some major trust issues while Gator just oozes charm and humour
Sharon
Jul 02, 2009 rated it it was ok
So se ms like everyone seems to love this book and the characters, but I just could not get into it. I was one-third in and gave up. I loved the first two according to my reviews, but this turned me off. It seemed very slow in that the characters were finding out the same news, but separately, so there was some boring redundancy. And although the sexual tension between the characters was hot when they were together, but it wasn't hot enough for me to last me through the boring plot and conspirac ...more
Lyn Taylor
Oh my I love me some Gator! What a patient, tolerant man. Some great action in this book with lots of conspiracy theories flying around. Flame is a strong character but who also shows a softer side. She's had a tough life and certainly holds a grudge. The storyline is certainly amping up and I can't wait to see where it all goes.
Gamatst
Jan 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of my very favorites from the Ghostwalker series. Gator makes a great hero.

Also on audio:
This was a great audio listen! Tom Stechshulte does a fabulous job narrating the Ghostwalker series by Christine Feehan. One of very few narrators that can make the audio version of a book stand head and shoulders above the written for me.
Kathrynn
Dec 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
#3 in the Ghostwalker series and this was one of my favorites. Gator's humor had me laughing out loud many times. He was a sexy man! Two wonderful characters that developed well throughout the story. Hot! Cancer is in this story and I wanted to mention it because some may not want to read about it if they are dealing with it in real life, too.

Natalie
Mar 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Probably not one of my favourite stories so far. Good twist in the series plot though which will keep my interest. I know that this is fiction and that the whole premis of these books is somewhat far fetched but this one seemed even less credible to me though I am not sure why.
Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave
Aug 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
OK so Christine Feehan is my guilty pleasure. I know they aren't the greatest most original books. But I still love them. This one came complete with a sexy Cajun, a sexy Irishman, alligators and the hero's grandmother supplying our happy couple with naughty underwear and sex toys.
Madeleine
I'm putting this series aside for now. Somehow I've not found it very interesting after book one. And I already have book 4 on the shelf, meh!
Jenny Callahan
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
They get better and better with each book!
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ghostwalkers
Gator is mine oh yes he's yummy. I'm listened to audio and gator speaking Cajun (shivers)
Dee
Originally read: April 2011
Re-read: November 2015
Joy Spraycar
Jan 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love the way this author writes. She puts you right into the story. And for those who like the Black Daggar Brotherhood, you'll like Christines stuff too.
Pamela
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Title: Night Game - Ghostwalker Novel Book 3
Author: Christine Feehan
Publisher: Berkley Publishing
Date of Publishing: November 1, 2005

The third is the paranormal romance series about genetically enhanced soldiers. Raoul "Gator" Fontenot has returned to his Grandmothers home to help search dearch for his brother's friend. The young woman disappeared without a trace. The police have decided she took off under her own desire to leave the Bayou. Gator has also ben asked by Lily to see if he can find
Goodreads Librari...: Is it possible to add? 3 13 Mar 12, 2019 10:18AM
  • Dark Hunger
  • After Twilight (Dark, #6.5)
  • Into the Flame (Darkness Chosen, #4)
  • Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2)
  • Edge Of Fear (T-FLAC #9)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Moon #5)
  • Shadow Touch (Dirk & Steele,  #2)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling #8)
  • Rapture (Shadowdwellers, #2)
  • Hunter's Moon (Nightcreature, #2)
  • Walk on the Wild Side (The Others, #13)
  • Special Gifts
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more

GhostWalkers (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1)
  • Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2)
  • Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, #4)
  • Deadly Game (GhostWalkers, #5)
  • Predatory Game (GhostWalkers, #6)
  • Murder Game (GhostWalkers, #7)
  • Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8)
  • Ruthless Game (GhostWalkers, #9)
  • Samurai Game (Ghostwalkers, #10)
  • Viper Game (GhostWalkers, #11)
“Life gives us choices. You either grab on with both hands and just go for it, or you sit on the sidelines.” 668 likes
“Do you have any idea how stubborn you can look ? Our children better never give me that look, althought I won't mind if they give it to you. You'd deserve it.” 35 likes