Start by marking “Silent Night, Star-Lit Night” as Want to Read:
Silent Night, Star-Lit Night

Silent Night, Star-Lit Night

(Second Chance at Star Inn)

Welcome to Heywood, Oregon where three lost women find healing, hope and love under the bright light of the town's old Star Inn this Christmas season.

Jed Taylor knows how to cowboy up on the range, and on the sales’ floor of his family’s rapidly growing western and ranch store in Central Washington, which is exactly where he would normally be a week before Christmas… but w
Published October 25th 2016 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Silent Night, Star-Lit Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Night, Star-Lit Night

Amber Schamel
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet Christmas story that reminds me of the Nativity Story with a pregnant woman (widow this time) traveling with a caring man.
Joann Broadbent
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

A Sweet story and easy reading. It wasn’t totally predictable and didn’t draw out the ending. I would definitely recommend this book and especially the author.
Just Commonly
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Lack of chocolate noted. Remedy situation ASAP."

What a beautiful story Silent Night, Star-Lit Night by Ruth Logan Herne is! I mean, besides an opening about chocolate, just look at that cover, the title, and the image of the Christmas season floats to mine. And when you read the story, the love of our Lord Jesus, shone brighter than the star-lit night! A story of forgiveness, of second chances, and of love - what more do we need?

I don't know about you, but during the holidays, December especia
Cindy
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Christmas stories, I love novellas, and I love any book with Ruth Logan Herne's name on it. Silent Night, Star-Lit Night, written by Ruth Logan Herne is one of three stories in the "Second Chance at Star Inn". The other stories are Room at the Inn for Christmas, by Mary Connealy and Do You Hear What I Hear by Margaret Brownley.

This story is a wonderful sweet Christmas story set in an old Bed and Breakfast during a nasty blizzard. Mia O'Loughlin is a widow and close to nine months pregnant
Jin
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley and Swerve for my ARC in exchange for honest review

Christmas story that would warm people’s hearts.
Mia was ready to give birth to her first child all alone in southern California in couple of weeks but her grandfather Joe was not doing so well who was her anchor when she was growing up. She wanted to go see him but didn’t know how, that’s when Jed showed up at her door step. Both were childhood friends and Jed always loved Mia but couldn’t express his feeling.
On their way t
Book Gannet
This sweet second chance romance makes for a cosy Christmas read as two old friends reconnect over a road trip, a blizzard and charitable behaviour, with added explorations on family and love along the way.

Both Mia and Jed are likeable characters. Mia’s been through a pretty rough time, even without adding the fact that she’s due to give birth almost any day. Family troubles just seem to keep piling up on her, so it’s understandable that she’s less than happy to see Jed. She’s not afraid to apol
Sherida Stewart
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A story filled with Christmas spirit!
I loved this warmth-filled novella—a reflection of the original Christmas story. The anxious journey home, the strength of family love shining through difficult situations, and the blessed arrival of a tiny baby all sparkle with the hope of the season. This second chance romance between Mia and Jed is so tender and sweet. Jed is a great hero, waiting patiently for Mia to realize her place in his life. The fortuitous stay at charming Star Inn, with innkeeper A
Stephanie Rollins
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mia is a nurse--a very pregnant nurse. She comes from a troubled home. She ended up marrying a cheater. However, she did not find out that he was a cheater until she became a widow. Of course, this adds a monkey wrench to the grieving process. She is also a little embarrassed by the fact.

Jed, her husband's best friend, arrives on her doorstep. He insists on driving her home, a very long trip, instead of letting her drive alone. Through the trip, they discover tidbits about each other.

They becom
Cindy
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of love, redemption and forgiveness, Silent Night, Star-Lit Night will you you breathless with the wonder of Christmas miracles. Pregnant Mia and her childhood fried Jed embark on a journey that quickly turns romantic when they find themselves snowbound in quaint little Heywood Oregon. Instead of complaining about their situation or their inability to get back home to Jed's store and Mia's failing grandfather, they avail themselves to help the local townsfolk. The lessons they ...more
Cathy Cermele
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a lovely Christmas story with wonderful characters and a beautiful setting! I liked Mia and felt so bad for her being a widow and expecting a baby. It was such a difficult time for her and with the holidays approaching, she wanted to go home to see her grandfather. I found Jed to be a good traveling companion for her and liked getting to know both as they started out on their journey.
Their stay at the Inn was a pure delight to read and I kind of wanted to stay there sometime in the future.
R
Jasmyn
Another sweet glimpse into the Star Inn and Christmastime. Once again, plans go wrong and a very pregnant Mia finds herself stranded at the Star Inn with her friend, Jed. The set up for this was cute, but a bit cliche. With Mia's husband having died, Jed seems to swoop in to rescue her from all of the things. Yes, all of them. It was a bit much.

But Mia does her own fair share of saving while stranded in the little town. When a blizzard keeping the electricity out, her Red Cross training comes i
Crystal Marie
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was another enjoyable holiday read for me.

The story progressed rather quickly, and it was very easy to follow along and enjoy what was all going on. I loved Jed’s character, and how he was willing to do whatever to help Mia. Mia’s character was one that took me longer to connect with because she was so closed off to everything it was crazy.

The blizzard was the best and worst thing that could happen to them, but they were able to work through it and ended out coming ahead in the long run.

Ove
Ann
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a perfectly wonderful Christmas story that is a good length for the busy holiday season. Mia is a young widow with a baby due in 2 weeks. She needs to head back home to see her Grandfather before he dies. When her childhood friend shows up to drive her home it seems like a Christmas miracle. With blizzards, detours and avalanches they discover that Christmas miracles can happen. Ruth Logan Herne has many books and several series and if you've never picked up any of her books, this is a perf ...more
Mary Goodwin
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a wonderful book.

Loved this book. It is a story of a mother getting ready to have a,baby traveling back home with the best friend of her late husband who was killed in Afghanistan. Her husband wasn't faithful and she didn't want pity from her husband's friend who had been her friend growing up. Her grandfather was dying soon so this trip was important to her. Won't spoil the story any more. Highly recommended by me.
Jenny Propst
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Christmas story!

Ruth Logan Herne has blessed us with a heartfelt story of Christmas spirit. I really enjoyed this uplifting story of Christmas spirit abounding in a small town and the birth of a child that brought healing to her family. A truly lovely story that I recommend you read.
Dianne Sidebottom
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Long car trip back home with challenges ahead for Mia n Jed. Angel n Lorrie the characters of Heywood Star Inn have parts to play in this book. To go (return) home is a hard journey. A couple of unexpected attitude changes from her father surprise Mia. a short story that is a delight to read.
Joan Phillips
Karen Reeves
Dec 06, 2016
Erin
Jan 01, 2017
Multi-published, award-winning, bestselling author Ruth Logan Herne is living her dream of being a published author and having the time of her life doing it. Born to a poor family in Rochester, NY, Ruthy draws on her early years and her many years of dealing with today's young families and businesses to create beautiful, heartfelt small-town stories of faith, hope and love... while adopting her fa ...more

Second Chance at Star Inn (3 books)
  • Room at the Inn for Christmas
  • Do You Hear What I Hear? (Second Chance at Star Inn)