Start by marking “The Pill Bugs of Time (Offbeat Crimes, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Pill Bugs of Time (Offbeat Crimes, #2)

The Pill Bugs of Time

(Offbeat Crimes #2)

Relationship and communication issues plague Officer Vikash Soren, but those are nothing compared to facing stick-throwing tumbleweeds, pill bugs and…time travel?

Vikash Soren, the perfect police officer except for his odd paranormal ability, never seems to lose his temper. Always serene and competent, he’s taken on the role of mediator in a squad room full of misfits. Bu
ebook, 2nd Edition, 96 pages
Published September 20th 2016 by Pride Publishing (first published June 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Pill Bugs of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pill Bugs of Time

Shin Mon Thway
So this story is about Vikash’s PoV which I find so interesting and unique. Yes, his narrative isn’t as active and light as Kyle but I find his thoughts to be very different and genuine and engaging. 😌 For example, as a bi-sexual or rather a pan myself, I have never thought about being bi is more difficult than being gay. But turns out, what Vikash is saying is absolutely true. When I’m dating a guy, people just automatically assume I’m straight and when I’m with a woman, they just assume I’m ga ...more
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I'm SO into Angel Martinez right now! First came Lime Gelatin and Other Monsters, which totally charmed me, and now this follow up? So good! If you are into quirky, short sci-fi romance reads, you HAVE to give this series a go.

In this story, we get Vikash's POV, which is a change from the first book. I think I slightly enjoyed being inside Kyle's head more, but it did give me a lot of insight about Vikash as a character. He is more serious and less funny, but seeing things from his perspective was wonderfu
Ariana
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Boundless imagination, a quirky sense of humour and two really likeable MCs.

What a chuckle at some of the 'superpowers' the guys at the precinct have! And at the weirdest 'monsters' I've probably come across. Ms. Martinez must have had a ball coming up with that! Not even talking about Mr. Jacket. He is just pure genius!

And yet the tone of book 2 is more serious and more heart-rending, as we get Vikash's POV. I felt for the guy and all the worries and issues he carries around. The d
Barbara➰
Another fun installment with this crazy crew. I was glad we got Vikash's POV because if I wasn't in his head and knew he loved Kyle, I would have thrown my iPad across the room. As it was, I was still tempted. I just never understood his behavior. Nothing anyone said or did, well I guess except Vance, led him to believe their relationship wouldn't be accepted. I wish I'd had a little more background to understand his behavior. I hated the way he treated Kyle and at times wanted to tell Kyle to m ...more
Vivian
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-pn, borrowed
Pop culture crunch!

Totally offbeat, amusing Philly paranormal precinct. All those weird things that happen in cities that nobody really talks about beyond legend, yeah, there's a group to handle that. Their talents vary from the cool to absurd, but even they have problems with the newest scourge:

Wouldn't be a problem if it weren't the size of a hot dog truck and time traveling.

Our main heroes, Kash and Kyle, are work
Ami

The Pill Bugs of Time is the follow-up to the delightful Lime Gelatin and Other Monsters, which introduced me to the quirky (and sometimes WEIRD) characters of the Philadelphia’s 77th Precinct. In this follow-up, Vikash Soren takes over the narration from his partner/lover Kyle Monroe. Bisexual Kash always has trouble to express his feelings, especially when he is with a male lover. He is still in the closet for that particular relationship, which makes it a bit tough since he doesn't want to ackno
Jenni Lea
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

Susan
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh yes, I’m totally digging this series.

I’m a sucker for time travel stories, so when it looked like Vikash was indeed time traveling due to some bug under his skin, oh yeah baby!

This second book is told entirely from Vikash POV and we finally get to know why he sometimes acts so cold towards Kyle. It’s not because he doesn’t love Kyle, but simply because he is scared.

But when a bug terrorizes the city, they need everyone on the team to find out what’s going o
Daesy
This 2nd book was a bit boring, and more than once I wished that the next page was the last. Many times I wanted to punch Vikash in the face, and other times I wanted to hug him.....conflicted feelings are a bitc* ...

The mystery was simple and well not a mystery at all...and I would have liked more time travel scenes(mostly in the future).

Anyway, this was a short, sometimes funny, story and I shouldn't expect too much from books like this. My bad.
Ps= Still waiting for more bac
Elena

Better than the first book (and Leather Jacket is now officially part of the team, yay!)
The case was pretty entertaining, certainly more to my taste than the snapping giant turtle, and I prefer Kash's POV to Kyle's. Although I'm glad this installment was shorter than the first, because I wasn't expecting Kash to be so unnerving.
I get it, he needs a lot of time to process things and maybe I'm short on patience these days, since I usually have a soft spot for repressed characte
Serena Yates
Philadelphia’s 77th Precinct, in this world where paranormal abilities can be defective – a mixture of not controllable, entirely useless, or just plain strange – is the setting for a second hilarious action/adventure in the lives of police officers Kyle and Kash. Both of them are cops, partners in fact, and between Kyle’s uncontrollable talent for absorbing anyone’s ability if they get too close to him and Kash’s problem of making bad things happen when he gets angry, they are a pretty capable ...more
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
This was so freaking good. I don't think I've enjoyed time travel this much since I've read C.B. Lewis series. I enjoyed this so much. This picks up a little bit after book one. We are in Vikash's pov. I loved reading from his pov. He is dealing with so much and then he's the victim of the pill bug weird time travel.

I loved the writing in this one, and I could definitely see myself reading this in a full length novel. I loved reading about Vikash vulnerabilities, and seeing the time
⚣Michaelle⚣
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ⚣Michaelle⚣ by: Series
4.2 Stars

I still can't help but think this would make one amazing and funny as hell television show. SciFi should really consider it; there's just something amazing about these weird officers and their offbeat (HA!) powers. Not to mention a sentient jacket. And Tim, oh gawd, I legit laughed out loud at the image of this little critter wearing that Ken doll police hat.

Also, can I just say how much I appreciate the way AM portrayed Kash's frustration with how society negatively re
Breann
4.5 hearts

So much fun! I think I said that about the first book... well, it still applies! I am 100% in with this series after this second installment. I liked the first book, but I loved this second book.

Read my review here!
Tess
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it

More fun!
Teresa
4.5 stars - yet another great book. I love this series!

Vikash’s voice felt true to him and it was great to get inside his head. The time travel was cool and I loved imagination put into it. The romance, or at least the relationship between Kash and Kyle, was front and centre but it detract from the cool paranormal story.
Natalia
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
James Cox
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a unique world that I can't get enough of. It was just as good as the first book in the series and now I'm going to be anxiously awaiting the next book!
Ulysses Dietz
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Pill Bugs of Time (Offbeat Crimes #2)
Angel Martinez
Pride Publishing, 2016
Four stars

Although on the short side, these Offbeat Crime books have been great fun to read. This is only the second in the series, and there are already six of them out there. Lord, I do have to read more.

Angel Martinez writes with a stylish literacy that seems beyond the call of duty for a smile-inducing paranormal gay romance: “…her multiple legs moving in a swift glissando,
Erica
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was cute and fun, and there was some good relationship development, although I could have stood to see more Kyle. Kyle is my favorite, and this one was mostly about Vikash's issues. I'll definitely grab the next one. How many more weird creatures can one precinct adopt?
Daniel Mitton
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
(Originally reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews with a copy provided by the author / publisher for an honest review.)

I’m really liking this Offbeat Crimes series from Angel Martinez. I missed it the first time it was published, but now that the stories have been expanded and re-issued with a new publisher, I’m all over them!

In The Pill Bugs of Time, we catch up once again with Vikash and Kyle, who you will remember from Lime Gelatin and Other Monsters, Book One in the series.
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
Loved it!

Love this series and cannot wait for more!

Seriously, the title itself is enough to make me want to read the book.

Humor, bizarre characters, love and odd occurrences wrapped up together make a wonderful read!
Sammy Goode
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, Author Angel Martinez just makes me laugh! Her Offbeat Crimes novellas have got to be the most unique creation of a cast of the most lunatic characters ever assembled in a paranormal series. I want to visit Philadelphia’s 77th precinct just to watch this incredible crew in action. Her second story, The Pillbugs of Time gives us much more insight into the ongoing struggle poor Kash has with his growing affection for Kyle. If you have not read the first novella, Lime Gelatin And Other Mo ...more
Lyra
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
So, as with the first book in this series (Lime Gelatin and Other Monsters), I read this book a while ago and seem to have somehow neglected to review it, which is a crime.

I loved this book even more than the first in the series It was wonderful. Even more corny humor to be had, which is great. LJ is back and doing fine, and I'm loving him. The pillbugs were spectacular. We have the same characters as before, so I continue to be happy with the fact that we have a person of color to help with our piti
Amy Aelleah
There is so much that I love about this book, it's not even funny. We get to see an established relationship between Kyle and Vikash and the struggles they got through - specifically the latter. Specifically the latter trying to overcome his usual behavior because he…well, he has problems with public affection and problems saying that he loves Kyle. We also get the chance to get inside Kash's head and I am so happy about that and beyond happy that he's a lot more messed up than he appears from t ...more
Micah
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Very surprised how much of a punch these short ass books have. There’s A LOT going on in this book. It’s really just a fun ride. However, I hate insta-love and from what I can tell the two main characters have known each other an incredibly short amount of time & we’re getting over the top declarations of love, moving in with each other, I love yous. What was a fun adventure turned into a cliche romance novel. Not sure if I wanna continue with the series. They seem to be getting better as th ...more
Liz (Bugetta)
I'm on an Angel Martinez kick right now. I just love her creative world building and humor and in this book, the romance totally works too. We get another book with Kash and Kyle and there are some bumps in the road since the first book. The paranormal adventure part is really great too (pill bugs that make you jump through time - hence the title - :-D). Now onto the next book!
namericanwordcat
This is the second book in the Off Beat Crimes series and the world and characters are great.

Kash and Kyle from the first book are on the case. Being closeted at work is taking a toll on their relationship and they have a case to solve.

I liked all the adventure elements and the emotionial struggles of Kash's character.

It was a fun read with a nice romance and HEA.
Ottilee B.
I put my mind in the bottom drawer and read and read!!! Everything here reminds me of childhood when all things were possible. I love how Bugs were used as the conduit to other Ages. And LJ! YAY!!!!
Candice
EEK! This one was fun!
« previous 1 3 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: The Pill Bugs of Time by Angel Martinez 1 2 Mar 28, 2018 03:05PM

• Deductions (Aberrant Magic, #1)
  • Dancer of Death (SPECTR Series 2, #2)
  • Abercrombie Zombie
  • Skin After Skin (PsyCop, #8)
  • Walk a Mile (The Sixth Sense #2)
  • Hidden Gem (Hidden Gem, #1)
  • The Psychic's Tale (Fitzwarren Inheritance #1)
  • Bloodline (Norwood #2)
  • Death by Dragon
  • Winter Winds
  • Dim Sum Asylum
Angel Martinez currently lives part time in the hectic sprawl of northern Delaware and full time inside her head. She has one husband, one son, two cats, a love of all things beautiful and a terrible addiction to the consumption of both knowledge and chocolate.

Angel's alter ego writes the all-ages science fiction - Sandra Stixrude.

Offbeat Crimes (6 books)
  • Lime Gelatin and Other Monsters (Offbeat Crimes, #1)
  • Skim Blood and Savage Verse (Offbeat Crimes, #3)
  • Feral Dust Bunnies (Offbeat Crimes, #4)
  • Jackalopes & Woofen-Poofs (Offbeat Crimes, #5)
  • All The World's An Undead Stage (Offbeat Crimes, #6)