Start by marking “Coyotes I Couldn't See” as Want to Read:
Coyotes I Couldn't See

Coyotes I Couldn't See

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
"Brian Beatty’s poems conjure complete lives — houses, yards, people, ghosts, dogs, squirrels and invisible coyotes — out of just a few stanzas. This collection reads like music, creating worlds that look like everyday life complete with the terrible uncertainty, the delicate and wavering balance, the long, long drop into the bottomless." — Charlie Parr
Paperback, Limited Edition, 48 pages
Published July 2016 by Red Bird Chapbooks

To ask other readers questions about Coyotes I Couldn't See, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coyotes I Couldn't See

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Coyotes I Couldn't See
Christine
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Coyotes I Couldn’t See is a strong collection -- I particularly loved the tight, little poems, all with perfect language choices to easily paint an image, memory, or mood.
Craig
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed Brian's work for years and this book did not disappoint. This is a beautifully soulful and sometimes haunting collection. His ability to create such rich worlds with so few words is nothing short of masterful. Brian is one of our great living writers.
Jillian
Gerard Averett
Mar 27, 2017
Michele
Jun 07, 2017
Brian Beatty has published four poetry collections: Borrowed Trouble, Dust and Stars: Miniatures (Cholla Needles Press, 2019 and 2018), Brazil, Indiana (Kelsay Books, 2017) and Coyotes I Couldn't See (Red Bird Chapbooks, 2016). His chapbook sequence Hobo Radio: Magpies and Crows is due out from Ravenna Press in 2021.

Beatty's jokes, poems, reviews and short stories have appeared in numerous print

News & Interviews